Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV 17

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

Re: Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Adventure] [Comedy]

#46 Post by SweetChiel »

Akitsuki wrote:Whoa... Didn't know there's such a colorful mall in Jakarta.. I might end up dead if I should color it LOL
I mean, it's so detailed! Good job on your hard work!!

Talk about Reksa's.. uh, ability, I still can't imagine if the MC were to kiss him xD Though he still can control it, but LOL just, can't
Anyway, the updates are fast!! You sure really work hard on this. Hope when it's finished, it'll meet your expectation ;D
Good luck!
aww thanks QvQ
I'm sure you can do it too, just don't give up and make the details one by one.

LOL, that's only make things more interesting right? xD
and Yeah, I have to go all out if I want to make this as fast as I can :D and I hope this VN meet the viewers expectations >_<

Thanks again miss Akitsuki :D your support really make my day xD

Aruise
Regular
Projects: Endless Corridor

#47 Post by Aruise »

SweetChiel wrote:oh lol, thanks for your quick reply too xD
yep, Jakarta. I think it will be good to interact with familiar surroundings :D some foreigner usually go to Jakarta when going to Indonesia, right? (Other than Bali I guess.)

and yeah, I'm a SAI user xD *high-five!* aww, you really like Rama QvQ
Thanks again miss Aruise :D
*laugh* yeah I often wander around looking for an update :lol:
Right, I think it's great to use own country as background, maybe I'll do it sometimes... Oh! are you a pentab user? oAo

Anyway I saw some comments about kissing Reksa who has acid-saliva and it's hilarious :lol:
Current Project

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#48 Post by SweetChiel »

Aruise wrote:
SweetChiel wrote:oh lol, thanks for your quick reply too xD
yep, Jakarta. I think it will be good to interact with familiar surroundings :D some foreigner usually go to Jakarta when going to Indonesia, right? (Other than Bali I guess.)

and yeah, I'm a SAI user xD *high-five!* aww, you really like Rama QvQ
Thanks again miss Aruise :D
*laugh* yeah I often wander around looking for an update :lol:
Right, I think it's great to use own country as background, maybe I'll do it sometimes... Oh! are you a pentab user? oAo

Anyway I saw some comments about kissing Reksa who has acid-saliva and it's hilarious :lol:
Awesome! you can use your hometown or somewhere famous like Candi Borobudur or something with Indonesian feeling like a rice field :D
yup, pentab user :>

we gotta thank miss Kisa for that xD

CrystalNyam
Projects: TiktaKavya
Organization: Mojiken Studio

#49 Post by CrystalNyam »

hello~ we've meet on facebook, and here i promise you to answer this question :D

1. Which character stands out the most for you? Why?
by the art, I love Reksa, his face and tatoo and any detail you draw looks beautiful :) but by the traits, I've got my eyes on Yuda, I simply imagine how that foul-mouthed guy got tamed then blushing here and there. It's a pity he's already got Asih as his wife tho~ (i want to date himmmm) XD

2. Does the intro and the art so far interesting?
The Intro tell me the main theme, but I still dont get the main problem of this story yet. I love your idea using Indonesian-culture on this, just be careful dont confuse people where the fiction content and the real indonesian culture since you combine so many culture on one story (Im working on this problem too :D ) and yes I love your idea to make an encyclopedia (be sure to make it interesting somehow :3 )!

About the art, I think it's polished enough, good proportion on character and yes THEY ARE HANDSOME! <3 (I still dont know how you combine background, interface and character, so I dont talk about it right now). What catch my eyes is your color mood around red-yellow-brown. I dont know If anyone notice this but any "Indonesian-themed" product (game, animation, anything) mostly use this color mood, just make sure you dont make the color too dark and shady since you wanted to make a romance and comedy story, this is otome game right? IMHO try to search what kind of color a girl love :D

3. What makes you consider to play this game?
the content of course, Im Indonesian and I think it's nice to see how you combine our culture with fantasy theme. and... uhm... hot guys you make of course *cough*

4. Last but not least, do you have any question or critiques? I welcome constructive criticism any time :) Maybe you can see something that I miss or lacking.
since I dont know your plan on story, I want to know how big Tamara portion on the story? personally, I just dont want to see any heroine who can do nothing than being helped by a bunch of hot guy.

I hope I dont be rude on you. Tell me if any of my comment offend you, ok? Well then, keep up the good work! I love your works, May the force be with you.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#50 Post by SweetChiel »

CrystalNyam wrote:hello~ we've meet on facebook, and here i promise you to answer this question :D

1. Which character stands out the most for you? Why?
by the art, I love Reksa, his face and tatoo and any detail you draw looks beautiful :) but by the traits, I've got my eyes on Yuda, I simply imagine how that foul-mouthed guy got tamed then blushing here and there. It's a pity he's already got Asih as his wife tho~ (i want to date himmmm) XD

2. Does the intro and the art so far interesting?
The Intro tell me the main theme, but I still dont get the main problem of this story yet. I love your idea using Indonesian-culture on this, just be careful dont confuse people where the fiction content and the real indonesian culture since you combine so many culture on one story (Im working on this problem too :D ) and yes I love your idea to make an encyclopedia (be sure to make it interesting somehow :3 )!

About the art, I think it's polished enough, good proportion on character and yes THEY ARE HANDSOME! <3 (I still dont know how you combine background, interface and character, so I dont talk about it right now). What catch my eyes is your color mood around red-yellow-brown. I dont know If anyone notice this but any "Indonesian-themed" product (game, animation, anything) mostly use this color mood, just make sure you dont make the color too dark and shady since you wanted to make a romance and comedy story, this is otome game right? IMHO try to search what kind of color a girl love :D

3. What makes you consider to play this game?
the content of course, Im Indonesian and I think it's nice to see how you combine our culture with fantasy theme. and... uhm... hot guys you make of course *cough*

4. Last but not least, do you have any question or critiques? I welcome constructive criticism any time :) Maybe you can see something that I miss or lacking.
since I dont know your plan on story, I want to know how big Tamara portion on the story? personally, I just dont want to see any heroine who can do nothing than being helped by a bunch of hot guy.

I hope I dont be rude on you. Tell me if any of my comment offend you, ok? Well then, keep up the good work! I love your works, May the force be with you.
aw thank you for sparing some time to give me a feedback ^.^-

1. oh the hotshot is getting another fan :D ...yup, there are plenty of flustered Yuda later xD
Honestly, I'm surprised. Yuda is getting so much attention when he's already married o: better luck next time for you I guess c:
But hey, you have 3 tall-black-and-handsome guys waiting for you to clear their routes xD

2. Hmm, maybe next week's update about the intro art will give you more hints :) I will also introduce 2 major characters. They are big hints and maybe some people will be able to guess and groan a little at the cliche about how the story begin >.<

aww thank you :D
I will post the interface when I get the majority of the art done :>
- and yeah, don't worry. There will be a balanced amount of dark and light theme here. This IS an otome xD but my principle is a 'good game must have a good story'. So... this VN is not all about rainbows and flowers x) I hope you'll enjoy it ~

3. Careful not to get 'burned' by them :D *cough* well the cultures I chose are quite easy to understand. Just pray so I can finish this project A.S.A.P. and you can enjoy it sooner :D

4. well this VN will be told in 'first person point of view' which means we'll be seeing the story through Tamara's eyes. Yep, her portion will be huge. But there will be times when we see things from 'third person point of view'.

Thank you again for your kind review miss Crystal :D I hope you'll continue to support me and see you next Monday!

PS: Psst! Have you seen the update in page 3? some hints will be there xD

Fleet_commander

#51 Post by Fleet_commander »

I know it’s a bit late but damn that update I love the mall scene and forest scene and the Grandma NPC and the scene were Tamera is leaning out the window. All very beautiful.

Haha those engineers are evil those windows do look hard.

I’m assuming that goddess is responsible for sending Tamera to the World of flying people?? lol. I notice you are using paint tool SAI What website can i get that from? I havent been able to find it.

And from your reply from My last post. Thanks :wink: :) you are a good friend to. And about my sixth sense. From reading Reksa's Bio my Spidey sense was tingling when I read it was all lol. When you are older you learn to look out for strange guys ( :cry: I don’t want to be old waaa!!).

May I inquire what type of music will accompany the VN?

Looking forward to seeing additional assets :)

Otomegirlx9

#52 Post by Otomegirlx9 »

Okies sooo...

1. I'm totally into Reksa. I like that cool demeanor and I really like his height :P

2. Yes, the intro has me captivated! It is very interesting, I can't wait until this is released.

3. I love romance games, so this is one main reason why I want to play. Then, I really like the art and the story line. Lastly, the characters seem absolutely awesome. I'm sold!

4. Are you going to do a beta game test before it is released? I bet a lot of people, including myself, would like to partake in that.

I cannot wait until it is released!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#53 Post by SweetChiel »

Fleet_commander wrote:I know it’s a bit late but damn that update I love the mall scene and forest scene and the Grandma NPC and the scene were Tamera is leaning out the window. All very beautiful.

Haha those engineers are evil those windows do look hard.

I’m assuming that goddess is responsible for sending Tamera to the World of flying people?? lol. I notice you are using paint tool SAI What website can i get that from? I havent been able to find it.

And from your reply from My last post. Thanks :wink: :) you are a good friend to. And about my sixth sense. From reading Reksa's Bio my Spidey sense was tingling when I read it was all lol. When you are older you learn to look out for strange guys ( :cry: I don’t want to be old waaa!!).

May I inquire what type of music will accompany the VN?

Looking forward to seeing additional assets :)
aw thank you :D
I had a lot of fun for the forest and the CG

as for the Goddess,
Congrats! you're the first person to be able to guess how it all started lol xD
told you it was a little cliche :D I thought it was rather obvious *I guess I should prepare myself for a round of groans hahah*
Yup, we make a good team :D
and lol, have you seen the girls reactions to Reksa's newly announced ability? the hotshot already have a fangirl trying to molest him xD

Oh and don't worry Sir Fleet commander, we will never get old! we will always have a young spirit! >:D
But I can't help to think that 'When you are older you learn to look out for strange guys' reminds me of Tamara hahah xD she'll learn it the hardway~

the music theme will be 'peaceful' and 'old' though with my music sense, there will be a mix of pop too somewhere. I haven't started on it yet tho :S

Yep, I will work hard for the next Monday! :D Thanks again for your continuous support ! Stay tuned.
Otomegirlx9 wrote:Okies sooo...

1. I'm totally into Reksa. I like that cool demeanor and I really like his height :P

2. Yes, the intro has me captivated! It is very interesting, I can't wait until this is released.

3. I love romance games, so this is one main reason why I want to play. Then, I really like the art and the story line. Lastly, the characters seem absolutely awesome. I'm sold!

4. Are you going to do a beta game test before it is released? I bet a lot of people, including myself, would like to partake in that.

I cannot wait until it is released!

1. Thank you! I guess I can say that the majority of the girls here like cool guys or bad boys lol xD

2. aw thanks :') yes, the demo will be out in December, but if there're some problems, it will be out in January. Wait for me miss Otomegirlx9 :D

3. I'm so glad you like the overall of this VN xD !

4. Yes I will :) though it's still a long way to go, I will beta test the full version of the game.

Thank you miss Otomegirlx9 I'm really happy to see how excited you are about this game :) like I said, it's still a long way to go, but I hope you will continue to support me through the weekly updates :D see you next Monday!

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

#54 Post by Xerofit51 »

Interesting so far, Looking forward to it. I'm also doing a solitary non commercial project so it feels like I'm not alone lol. Plus ur indonesian too yayy

1. Tamara, her quote and character seems interesting
2. I like the intro and logo though i think you color your characters a bit too dark this is only my opinion though since i'm used to drawing with bright colors
3. I'm hoping it has a lot of Indonesian culture
4. Commercial or non? When ur planning to fully finish the game? And bit of advice: pace yourself and have fun. Good luck

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#55 Post by SweetChiel »

Xerofit51 wrote:Interesting so far, Looking forward to it. I'm also doing a solitary non commercial project so it feels like I'm not alone lol. Plus ur indonesian too yayy

1. Tamara, her quote and character seems interesting
2. I like the intro and logo though i think you color your characters a bit too dark this is only my opinion though since i'm used to drawing with bright colors
3. I'm hoping it has a lot of Indonesian culture
4. Commercial or non? When ur planning to fully finish the game? And bit of advice: pace yourself and have fun. Good luck
wow you're also solitary? Yay! we're comrades! high-five bro! xD I'll check out your project real soon~

1. lol thanks :> yeah, she is blunt xD

2. Yes I know, the majority of the character will have dark skin since the setting is similiar to Bali/Papua :D tho I think they have their own impact with that xD thanks for your opinion! I will do my best to control the balance of the dark and bright colors in this VN c:

3. yep, it has :D I'll try to put as much as I can but I have to make them easy to understand too for our foreigner viewers ;)

4. non-commercial :D it's free for all. The demo will be out in December, if there're errors, then it will be out in January (tho, I have a feeling I can release the demo much faster. But I still don't know the certain date.)
Yup, I'm taking my sweet time :D After all, I want to at least meet yours and the other viewers expectations.

Thank you for your feedback miss or mister Xerofit51 :D (sry, I can't guess your gender). Your support are accepted with a wide smile :D Stay tuned and see you next Monday!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 7/14/2014

#56 Post by SweetChiel »

What's up guys? :D
here comes the 2nd update~
First up, let me introduce you to two new characters, they're hints for some content of the game :P I wonder if some of you can guess it :
The mischievous and flirty Goddess
The wise and strict teacher
I also made an Island Map, so you can imagine the exact position of the villages. This map will be access-able in the game. Is the picture too small here? well, the village in the middle is Loma Village, in the north west is Digdaya Village, they're surrounded by Banara Forest. In the north east is Dead Forest and a symbol of a Komodo Dragon. Now you know where everybody lives! :D
the good news is I finished programming and making the pictures for the intro! :D here's the samples (2/4) :
I imagined them as drawings on a cave wall :)
Ohh, and here's a CG sample :D remember this from last week? I hope the quality is good.
I still have a lot of WIPs for BGs and CGs :S
I made a considerable progress this week xD
But still need about 6 Backgrounds, 2-3 Movement effects, and 3 minor characters before I can release the demo :S not to to mention the BGMs, Sound Effects, and programming.
So be patient guys! :D

Fun Facts:
Did you know why warriors like Yuda and Reksa wear tattoos in their right torso/chest? It's to distract enemies from attacking their left chest where their heart is. Believe it or not, when we aimed a gun or an arrow we tend to look for something to aim at. Get it? :D

Coming up next are more BGs and the GUI sneak peek :D

Golden.Fleece
Regular
Projects: Maienzauber
Organization: Golden Fleece Creative Productions

#57 Post by Golden.Fleece »

The CG example looks good although I don't really like the coloring style nor on the proportions.

I look forward to your demo.

CatyCats
Regular

#58 Post by CatyCats »

Reska village is still unknown ? :o
And this is getting more and more interesting!!! I see people with and without wings and this ancient art of the intro is getting more and more interesting! :D
Also I'm getting interest in the leader guy Mitra ,because he's a leader and looks gentle :3 ( I'm playing starry sky after spring Suzuya route xp )
And Rama is interesting too because (don't know if it's a spoiler or not)
because his wings are like destroyed or shattered, it is so mysterious :p

Aruise
Regular
Projects: Endless Corridor

#59 Post by Aruise »

Oh oh another update aww yeaah! XD/

I just love the texture you used for the intro, I think it suits the theme, nice choice!
ah by the way, do the crystal is err.. like source of life for them? Just random thought :lol:
Anyway I hope everything goes smoothly, good luck again! XD
Current Project

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#60 Post by SweetChiel »

Golden.Fleece wrote:The CG example looks good although I don't really like the coloring style nor on the proportions.

I look forward to your demo.
Oh believe me, I had some difficulties choosing the coloring style, since I need to balance it with my timeline >.<
the first CG I made (not this one) consumed 3 days just to determine the coloring style hahahah x.x

I'll do my best to improve the CGs in the future :D (I'll collect more references~) and amen! I'll make the demo as soon as possible!
Thank you for your honest critique miss Golden Fleece c: see you next Monday!
CatyCats wrote:Reska village is still unknown ? :o
And this is getting more and more interesting!!! I see people with and without wings and this ancient art of the intro is getting more and more interesting! :D
Also I'm getting interest in the leader guy Mitra ,because he's a leader and looks gentle :3 ( I'm playing starry sky after spring Suzuya route xp )
And Rama is interesting too because (don't know if it's a spoiler or not)
because his wings are like destroyed or shattered, it is so mysterious :p
Reksa's village is in the Dead Forest with the Komodo symbol :D Granny Sukma didn't include the village's name in it 'cause she deemed it 'unnecessary' (The Komodo symbol is like a substitution for a danger sign xD).

aw thanks! It's nice to see you again! :D
it's been a long time since I played starry sky xD I guess I need to check it out again hahah, but you're right, he is gentle ;)

about Rama, you're right about him having a 'mysterious' aura :)
-and I can't tell you more than this lol xD but there will be plenty of hints in the demo.

Thank you for your kind support miss CatyCats c: stay tuned!
Aruise wrote:Oh oh another update aww yeaah! XD/

I just love the texture you used for the intro, I think it suits the theme, nice choice!
ah by the way, do the crystal is err.. like source of life for them? Just random thought :lol:
Anyway I hope everything goes smoothly, good luck again! XD
Yay! you're here! :D
and thanks! I'm glad you like them xD it was a nice change from continuously making backgrounds.

about the crystals,
nope, not a life source :P nice try
Yeah, I can't wait to start the programming x_x but I need to finish the assets first Q___Q *argh*

Thank you for your support miss Aruise! :D see you next Monday!