Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV 17

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

Re: Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Adventure] [Comedy]

#76 Post by SweetChiel »

cometgears wrote:1. Which character stands out the most for you? Why?
Asih is so pretty. I love the patterns and colors in her outfit. She seems like she has a sweet personality, too.

2. Does the intro and the art so far interesting?
Yes! I like legends and myths, and you piqued my curiosity with the mysterious intro. The background sample looks lovely and makes me really want to see more of the setting.

3. What makes you consider to play this game?
The most interesting part to me is the inclusion of Indonesian culture, since I don't know much about it.

4. Last but not least, do you have any question or critiques? I welcome constructive criticism any time :) Maybe you can see something that I miss or lacking.
Not really anything else to add... oh, looking through the rest of the posts, the other backgrounds! Gosh, they're pretty. Haha, I'm happy you're working on more, can't wait to see them.

Oh, one thing I was going to comment on--from the concept art, I was a little skeptical about how Tamara looked compared to the others, but in the CG sample she looks great.
1. thanks! :D the bright colors do reflect her sunny personality x)

2. yay! the intro is a success then xD good luck unraveling the mystery later c:

3. Ooh, I see. I'm glad it interest you :D But don't worry, the culture will be easy to understand x)

4. lol thanks, the majority is still about forest backgrounds. But I'm glad you like them! :D

about Tamara, yes I got complains about Tamara's outfit xD It does look pretty plain. But hey, don't worry, I do plan to make another outfit for her to wear :D (it's still in progress! >.<)

thank you Miss cometgear for your feedback! :D I hope you enjoy the updates and if there's something you don't quite understand, ask me away :D
stay tuned!

Fleet_commander

#77 Post by Fleet_commander »

You’re mum is very brave haha braver then I ‘am haha.
Glad to hear that aspect of it worked out and you are both ok and the snake hurt nobody :). That’s alright always a joy to see what is happening here :)
Wow the new update is awesome I love the new backgrounds. I’m a sucker for waterfall Environments and lakes and rivers haha. The kid characters are cool the boy looks like a mischief maker and the girl looks like she puts up with him a bit.

So the forest will change colour as the game goes on? I’m not sure I understand haha. Regardless all the assets are beautiful as always. :)
Despite the goddess being mean she is still quite attractive haha. Probably not that healthy of me.
I’ve got a big project due on Friday so work has been intense.

I cheered up when I heard my cheered you up lol.

This update is absalutly beautiful can’t wait for the next! <3

Clover0Project

#78 Post by Clover0Project »

orang indo yey XD //anakbaru/ salam kenal kak ^^
1. Which character stands out the most for you? Why?
I like Reksa (he is my type lolol) but I like Yuda too!! >w< Someone like Yuda is someone I want better understanding, kind of, even though annoying, these kind of people are sensitive...Mitra is cool but not totally my type. and I hate children orz

Yep, totally! Brings out mystery feels. I love the art!

Its story, obviously. Also the characters, they must have some secrets, right? Or that kind. Well, unfold the mysteries (?) that I want.

4. Last but not least, do you have any question or critiques? I welcome constructive criticism any time :) Maybe you can see something that I miss or lacking.
Question! Do you made the background by yourself?

That's it, can't wait fr the demo~ Good luck! ^^

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#79 Post by SweetChiel »

Fleet_commander wrote:You’re mum is very brave haha braver then I ‘am haha.
Glad to hear that aspect of it worked out and you are both ok and the snake hurt nobody :). That’s alright always a joy to see what is happening here :)
Wow the new update is awesome I love the new backgrounds. I’m a sucker for waterfall Environments and lakes and rivers haha. The kid characters are cool the boy looks like a mischief maker and the girl looks like she puts up with him a bit.

So the forest will change colour as the game goes on? I’m not sure I understand haha. Regardless all the assets are beautiful as always. :)
Despite the goddess being mean she is still quite attractive haha. Probably not that healthy of me.
I’ve got a big project due on Friday so work has been intense.

I cheered up when I heard my cheered you up lol.

This update is absalutly beautiful can’t wait for the next! <3
lol, she is xD
thanks! I love waterfalls too. they're kind of magical and when I was a kid, I thought it was a portal to another world or believing that 'something' will come out from it xD ah those were good memories. *ok, sry I'm rambling again haha*
and there will be another child coming up :P

well about the forest, here's the easy way : The closer you are to the Komodo teritory, the forest will turn into orange/yellow (Autumn colors) xD
about the Goddess... lol, I guess people do like the bad-girl or bad-boy image everywhere xD no, it's healthy alright :P
whoa, due this Friday? Good luck man! :D

thanks again for sparing some time Sir Fleet_commander xD I hope your project is doing well and I wish you a good result! :D
Clover0Project wrote:
orang indo yey XD //anakbaru/ salam kenal kak ^^
1. Which character stands out the most for you? Why?
I like Reksa (he is my type lolol) but I like Yuda too!! >w< Someone like Yuda is someone I want better understanding, kind of, even though annoying, these kind of people are sensitive...Mitra is cool but not totally my type. and I hate children orz

Yep, totally! Brings out mystery feels. I love the art!

Its story, obviously. Also the characters, they must have some secrets, right? Or that kind. Well, unfold the mysteries (?) that I want.

Question! Do you made the background by yourself?

That's it, can't wait fr the demo~ Good luck! ^^
lol, slm knal jg! :D welcome yaa xD
now the reply:
1. lol, welcome to the Reksa Fan Club //slap* so many people love him lol xD ahh you won't be disappointed then c: you WILL get a chance to know them better after all :D

2. Yay! thank you! xD

3. yup, everybody has a secret and you will be there to unfold them~ c: oh and, Yuda already has a mystery from his biodata, can you guess it? :P *don't forget to get them in *spoiler* when you try guessing it.

4. Yup I made them myself :) that's why the weekly update contained mostly Backgrounds x.x

Thank you for your support miss Clover :D I'll see you next Monday! ^u^/

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#80 Post by tiya_nofurita »

I'm so glad to meet Indonesian fellow here, I saw through VNP and stumbled here. Good luck on your project, the BG looks awesome! Will give you further suggestion if I'm not busy
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#81 Post by SweetChiel »

tiya_nofurita wrote:I'm so glad to meet Indonesian fellow here, I saw through VNP and stumbled here. Good luck on your project, the BG looks awesome! Will give you further suggestion if I'm not busy
Yay! another Indonesian fellow! xD
thank you! feel free to come here anytime you like :D
and I see you're making a lot of VNs based on pharmacy. I'll check it out later 6:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 7/28/2014

#82 Post by SweetChiel »

Update! :D
Here's another background:
It's a Dead-End Background hmm, what's waiting for Tamara here? c:
and I have lots of in-door WIP backgrounds *orz* this is killing my hands T^T even with the references.
I still need to collect more references for furniture.
Not much update this week since those in-door backgrounds are harder than I thought o<-< but the good news is my wonderful friend (ErdaEnos) agreed to help me with the BGMs! She could help me with the programming a little too :D now I can focus on the visual assets!

Fun Facts:
If I were to rank the main characters from who has less drinking tolerance to the most (The easiest to get drunk to the hardest), it would be like this:
Mitra > Rama > Tamara > Reksa

Stay tuned guys! :D

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#83 Post by Akitsuki »

THOSE BEAUTIFULLY DRAW BACKGROUNDS-- *touches*
I can imagine it'll take so much time to draw the backgrounds without using 3D sofware, so I'm happy for you that you got help for the music!
Good luck all of you!!

CatyCats
Regular

#84 Post by CatyCats »

Ah~ So much beautiful updates!! The backgrounds outside looks mystical and the indoors one looks so adventurous, I don't know how to describe it but it's really nice. I wanna play it! :D

And it's nice of you to describe the forest otherwise I would be lost in this game XD
And the fun facts are also nice! You get to know the characters better xp

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#85 Post by SweetChiel »

Akitsuki wrote:THOSE BEAUTIFULLY DRAW BACKGROUNDS-- *touches*
I can imagine it'll take so much time to draw the backgrounds without using 3D sofware, so I'm happy for you that you got help for the music!
Good luck all of you!!
aww, welcome back miss Akitsuki!
I'm so glad you like them QuQ
your support worth all the problems and the sacrifice of my hands motivates me to no end.
thank you and see you next week! :D
CatyCats wrote:Ah~ So much beautiful updates!! The backgrounds outside looks mystical and the indoors one looks so adventurous, I don't know how to describe it but it's really nice. I wanna play it! :D

And it's nice of you to describe the forest otherwise I would be lost in this game XD
And the fun facts are also nice! You get to know the characters better xp
Yayyy you like the backgrounds! QvQ
those 2 + 2 more and I'll be finished with the backgrounds! *happy dance*
just wait and feast your eyes on them for now >.< later on would be about the CGs, I don't know how I should post them or not (spoiler much hahah).

and I'm glad you like the fun facts and the information :3
it will be explained again in the game but no loss if you know it now, right? :p

thank you again for your support miss CatyCats :D see you next week!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 8/4/2014

#86 Post by SweetChiel »

Here goes another update! :D
the backgrounds are doing well and I can't wait to move on to the CGs! >_<

First up is a girl's bedroom background :3
I was planning to decorate the walls with Batik clothes but they're a little 'out of place' so I tried with no wall decoration at all...
But then I decided to use the one with the wardrobe lol. What do you guys think? xD
next up is Granny Sukma's front house background :3 I still have a lot to learn at how to color wood houses... it's kind of a little weird? :S or my eyes have deceived me?
Btw, I've fixed the window scene, so you guys won't be confused whether Tamara is in a plane or a bus lol. Thanks to miss Akitsuki's opinion :3
and I still have lots of WIPs to do *orz* about 3 or 4 more BGs and I'll continue to the CGs. Question: How do I show you the CGs without spoiling you guys? O.o
Fun Facts:
Did you know that birds have their own way to court females? Like how male Peacocks show off their tails, some male birds even decorate their nests with beautiful rocks to attract females (Bower Birds). Well, the guys in my VN also have their own way to court women xD *hint hint*

Don't get bored with me updating backgrounds again and again guys lol xD I know, there's a lot of them.
But I have to say the progress are doing better than I expected. I hope you guys enjoy this week's update :D Don't be shy to give me your opinion, critiques, etc 'cause they are giving me some power boost ^v^/

See you next week folks!

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#87 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Everything is so very gorgeous! Also, own special mating habits ohohoho *is shot* Keep it up :)
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#88 Post by Akitsuki »

AAAAH SO NICE LOOKING AS ALWAYS~~ I did feel something's off too in Grandma Sukma's front house. Is it the wood wall in the back? I think the lines are somehow strange, especially the first line on the upper level. It looks slanted. Or is it on purpose?

Talking about showing the CGs, I've read some posts in other WIP threads saying that you can show the cropped version, so you can still surprise us when we're playing the VN ;D You can do it that way too if you want!

Good luck~

Bouki
Regular

#89 Post by Bouki »

Oh nooooo, I can't believe I've forgot to comment on last week's updates D: I'm so sorry! From now on, I'll try to be a more proper stalker, haha ^^'' Your backrounds are colorful and beautiful as always! But that info about drinking tolerance... So we can't get Reksa drunk and then molest him? You're making Reksa harder to get with each update D: But I shall not give up and and get that kiss from him!! (I'm sure kisa will agree with me on this, haha)
For this week's update, wow! You must really hate drawing backgrounds by this point :D I think Tamara's room seems too empty without wall decorations or a wardrobe. I vote for the one with wardrobe! For Granny Sukma's house BG, that wooden wall in the back does look a little weird. But I only noticed it when Akitsuki pointed it out. Other than that, it looks really good, in my opinion ^^ Especially those leaves and little crystals. About Tamara's CG, I thought she was on a plane before. Thanks for clearing the confusion.
Well it must be tiring to draw this many BG's, but when you finish 3-4 more, all BGs in the full game will be done right? I think you've made pretty good progress so far, I really do mean it ^^ I hope you can soon start CGs, I wonder how they will turn out. How many CGs will there be in the game? I think maybe showing us one introductory CG per character would be good, or you can crop them like Akitsuki had said. I don't want to get spoiled D:
Like someone said before, I like how you post some info about characters. It makes me love them even more ^^ They have their own way to court women?? Let me guess, is their way of courting women ''being incredibly hot''? If they have even more ways to court women we're in deep trouble, ladies.
Thanks for this week's update and thanks for your hard work in general. Hope you have a awesome week! I'm waiting eagerly for next week's update, even if all of it is background WIP's :D But damn... It's still 6 days until next Monday. *sobs*

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#90 Post by SweetChiel »

Hazel-Bun wrote:Everything is so very gorgeous! Also, own special mating habits ohohoho *is shot* Keep it up :)
lol, thanks xD
I'll do my hardest! >:D
stay tuned and thanks miss Hazel :3
Akitsuki wrote:AAAAH SO NICE LOOKING AS ALWAYS~~ I did feel something's off too in Grandma Sukma's front house. Is it the wood wall in the back? I think the lines are somehow strange, especially the first line on the upper level. It looks slanted. Or is it on purpose?

Talking about showing the CGs, I've read some posts in other WIP threads saying that you can show the cropped version, so you can still surprise us when we're playing the VN ;D You can do it that way too if you want!

Good luck~
Glad you like them! :D It worth all the pain my hands went through lol
now that you pointed it out, that wall does look kind of slanted o.o I'll go and fix it lol (what was I thinking? xD)

oooh the cropped version huh c: kind of like 'shall we date' apps? (maybe you have played it?)
that's a good idea! :D
thanks again for your thorough check ups miss Akitsuki and see you next week! OuOb
Bouki wrote:Oh nooooo, I can't believe I've forgot to comment on last week's updates D: I'm so sorry! From now on, I'll try to be a more proper stalker, haha ^^'' Your backrounds are colorful and beautiful as always! But that info about drinking tolerance... So we can't get Reksa drunk and then molest him? You're making Reksa harder to get with each update D: But I shall not give up and and get that kiss from him!! (I'm sure kisa will agree with me on this, haha)
For this week's update, wow! You must really hate drawing backgrounds by this point :D I think Tamara's room seems too empty without wall decorations or a wardrobe. I vote for the one with wardrobe! For Granny Sukma's house BG, that wooden wall in the back does look a little weird. But I only noticed it when Akitsuki pointed it out. Other than that, it looks really good, in my opinion ^^ Especially those leaves and little crystals. About Tamara's CG, I thought she was on a plane before. Thanks for clearing the confusion.
Well it must be tiring to draw this many BG's, but when you finish 3-4 more, all BGs in the full game will be done right? I think you've made pretty good progress so far, I really do mean it ^^ I hope you can soon start CGs, I wonder how they will turn out. How many CGs will there be in the game? I think maybe showing us one introductory CG per character would be good, or you can crop them like Akitsuki had said. I don't want to get spoiled D:
Like someone said before, I like how you post some info about characters. It makes me love them even more ^^ They have their own way to court women?? Let me guess, is their way of courting women ''being incredibly hot''? If they have even more ways to court women we're in deep trouble, ladies.
Thanks for this week's update and thanks for your hard work in general. Hope you have a awesome week! I'm waiting eagerly for next week's update, even if all of it is background WIP's :D But damn... It's still 6 days until next Monday. *sobs*
Nooo it's alright xD I'm already glad that you could spare me some time to comment here ^u^
lol... I'm sure you and Kisa would make a good team. Maybe you could team up with her? 8D //slap
yeah, I almost fed up with drawing buildings and architectures x_x but it's a really nice experience to get out of my comfort zone lol well, 3-4 more for the BGs in the demo, umm maybe total 5 more for the full game (I have a feeling that I'm forgetting something O_O)
but yep, that will be all hahah (I.can't.wait.to.start.PROGRAMMING >_<)

I was thinking about 1 CG for each introduction of the boys :3 for Tamara umm.. she has about 2 for now + I need to make 1 scenery CG. I'm also thinking about adding more scene for Rama in the demo. He's only appearing for about 3 minutes in the demo and I feel bad for him since its waaaay shorter than Mitra's and Reksa's x_x (Reksa got the most scene in the demo, it's you guys fault lol xD) Gah, more hint for you I guess.

lol, 'being incredibly hot' are a give away aren't they? :P I'll leave it to your imagination for now xD

thanks for your kind feedback miss Bouki :3 nah, don't worry Monday will came sooner than you though :D
see you later!