Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV 17

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

Re: Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Adventure] [Comedy]

#166 Post by SweetChiel »

LliiraAnna wrote:Good to know that demo is coming along. Looks like it'll be interesting ~

Also, good luck with your thesis/presentation ^^
Hi miss Anna! :3
yup, thank you for the much needed encouragement! :D
the lecturer is quite strict and I have to do some editing here and there both in the thesis and visual novel.
I hope you can help me later with your review of the demo miss Anna? :3
CatyCats wrote:Yaay! Update! I already seen it , but I was too busy to reply it...
I'm getting more interested in Mitra now! Like I said in other topics , I can always change my mind who I will persue first. Depends on the story haha. And Oh myyy , a secret one! We can date a bird! Hahaha jk! And maaan, normally I don't play demo's but seriously, I will play this one! I love you keep working hard and not working hard and then suddenly it takes a month for an update.
Reksa....I wonder if he's shocked at how pretty the main character is O.O.
Have fun on your project! I'm going to work hard for my school since I want to change of my one subject in the teaching section.
Hi miss Caty! Glad to see you again :D
oh lol, one of my friend said Mitra's screenshot looked like he have a big family with Asih xDD, glad you like the mystery character ~
eeh? when did it take me a month to update? o_o it's once a week but maybe I forgot to edit page 1?

and about Reksa...I wonder xD
yes, you too miss Caty :D I hope you'll have a good time and result at school!

Bouki
Regular

#167 Post by Bouki »

I was busy with college, I logged in just to see what's up and just look at what you have done... I can't believe you progressed so far, so fast *cries proud tears*
Jokes aside, I'm utterly impressed you managed to finish your demo even early for your release date. I was prepared to wait for at least another month, so this was a reaaally pleasant surprise :D I can't wait to play the demo, drool over the CG's (and Reksa) and flirt with the guys (mainly Reksa) and try to guess how guy's routes will turn out (I was gonna say Reksa again but actually, I'm curius about all of the guys, and all of the story.) Well I'll tell you what, maybe you haven't noticed but, I might be kinda excited about Reksa after all. I mean, just look at him he's so handsome and hot and--
It's half past 1 a.m. here and I still have to study for my midterm tomorrow, so... Just wanted to let you know my best wishes are with you and I'm looking forward to your demo! ^^ And I'm telling you this just in advance, once you release that demo, we just won't shut up about how good it was and how we can't wait for the full game. So beware, my friend.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#168 Post by SweetChiel »

Bouki wrote:I was busy with college, I logged in just to see what's up and just look at what you have done... I can't believe you progressed so far, so fast *cries proud tears*
Jokes aside, I'm utterly impressed you managed to finish your demo even early for your release date. I was prepared to wait for at least another month, so this was a reaaally pleasant surprise :D I can't wait to play the demo, drool over the CG's (and Reksa) and flirt with the guys (mainly Reksa) and try to guess how guy's routes will turn out (I was gonna say Reksa again but actually, I'm curius about all of the guys, and all of the story.) Well I'll tell you what, maybe you haven't noticed but, I might be kinda excited about Reksa after all. I mean, just look at him he's so handsome and hot and--
It's half past 1 a.m. here and I still have to study for my midterm tomorrow, so... Just wanted to let you know my best wishes are with you and I'm looking forward to your demo! ^^ And I'm telling you this just in advance, once you release that demo, we just won't shut up about how good it was and how we can't wait for the full game. So beware, my friend.
Hi miss Bouki! :D
aw it's alright, I know college schedule could be hectic, what, with the lecturers throwing tasks at us with a week or two weeks deadline? I'm so glad just to see you again! :3 and thank you...for your endless support that finally brought me to this point! *bawls and give you a bear hug*

*ahem*
ooohhh, I. can't. wait. for your review later! and please, don't shut up about how good or how bad it was Your review is my fuel to motivate me further! I have to say I enjoy making the boys scene and again, please don't mind me and flirt/fan-girling all you want.Coz I've had my share already
-and good luck with your midterm tests! Do your best and you'll be just fine, but don't push yourself too hard and don't forget to get rest :o
personally, I like midterms better since we'll have more free time after take-home tests are done! How about you miss Bouki?

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 11/17/2014

#169 Post by SweetChiel »

Finally! Thank you for waiting guys! you can download it here :D (I still can't believe I made it...) The game-play will be around 30 minutes (Wow longer than I thought) but it also depends on how fast you read :3

MediaFire (122MB)

I still don't know how to make a custom configuration with novelty but I'll research about it soon! For now, please enjoy the demo as it is.
-For the BGM/SFX volume adjustment, you will have to do it manually (via speakers volume)
- Alt + Enter for FullScreen
- Press A for Auto
- Press CTRL for Skip
- Press Alt + L for Loading shortcut
- Press Alt + S for Saving shortcut
- Press F12 to Quit

PS: Since Novelty is still incomplete, it may crash. My suggestion : SAVE OFTEN. and if there's an error saying "d3dx9_37.dll" that means you will have to update your DirectX.

Minimum requirements

Windows XP/Vista/7
Graphics hardware that supports DirectX 9.0c.

New Questions For You (If you already played the demo):
1. Which character interests you the most? Why?
2. How was the pacing of the story? Was it too fast or too slow?
3. After waiting for 4 months, did the demo meet your expectations? If not, please tell me why.
4. Any questions about the game or characters? I'll answer them spoiler-free of course :D Feedbacks/Critiques? They're more than welcome!

I'm bouncing off the walls waiting for your replies!
Last edited by SweetChiel on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

LliiraAnna
Regular

Re: Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV

#170 Post by LliiraAnna »

Downloading! Will come back after I play it ^^

snowflakes
Regular
Projects: Improve my art
Deviantart: vychi

#171 Post by snowflakes »

Finally !!!!!
Downloading it, i'll write as soon as I finished it.

CatyCats
Regular

#172 Post by CatyCats »

First I was really interested in Mitra (I still do!!!!) but now Reksa has raised up again! They are both even, so I reaally don't know who I should persue first! Rama is not what I expected...I wonder how he is... Ill save him for last. :3
Perfect. Not TOO slow, not TOO fast either! Oh and the beginning is nicely done! A really good story!
3. After waiting for 4 months, did the demo meet your expectations? If not, please tell me why.
....YES! God...I played this demo for like... an hour or something. And I wasn't even bored! And GOD the scenes are funny!
4. Any questions about the game or characters? I'll answer them spoiler-free of course :D Feedbacks/Critiques? They're more than welcome!
Hmm. There was this scene with reksa where he asked Tamara if she was a kodomo... I was confused because he himself was a komodo,no? And reksa while he was biting this arrow, his saliva was like acid. So...what would happen if you kiss him?
Oh by the way, with not updating for like a month, I wasn't mentioning you. I was mentioning others. XD You instead are doing greatly!

snowflakes
Regular

#173 Post by snowflakes »

Well, first of all, question time:

Well, It's so hard to choose since all of them are interesting guys, but I think Reska took the place. But anyway, the three of them are just awesome and I want to read more about them!
Well, It was just perfect to me. You introduced the story quite fast but that is good, the human world It's not were the game takes place so It's just fine to me.
3. After waiting for 4 months, did the demo meet your expectations? If not, please tell me why.7
Well, It worth it. It was exactly what I was waiting for. An surprising, interesting and funny game. I can't wait to play the final version (now let's wait again ^^)
Well, I saw some things I think you should check:
First of all, when I load a save, the background don't shows up, instead, I see it all grey and the bg don't shows until it changes.
Second,
In the chapter when you meet the guys, If you select the Rama option before Mitra's, the first time you saw Rama, Tamara thinks that he couldn't be Mitra, like she have met him before. But that's impossible so It was funny xD
And finally it crashes a lot and I needed to update my directx, that was a little troublesome but it worth it!
And then other things *spoiler*
Well, this could sound a little stupid but, if Reska has acid saliva, how could he kiss Tamara in a future? Or he can't? And I loved the relationship between Asih and Yuda <333
And I have to tell that i didn't imagine Rama like that LOL he was so funny and outgoing I thought he will be the 'silent one' xD But it was a nice surprise!
Well thank you for making me have fun ! Keep this up :D

Bouki
Regular

#174 Post by Bouki »

Can't...download...stupid...blocked...internet.........
Anyways, as an avid stalker of your game, I will not let this stop me and will go to my relatives' house tomorrow so I can download this 'cause I'm super excited!! Will comment as soon as I play it. And your comment made me emotional, to the point I just stared at the screen thinking ''Damn... this is so nice that I can't even think of a worthy reply. So well, yeah... *starts bawling and hugs back, unable to say a word*

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#175 Post by SweetChiel »

CatyCats wrote:1. Which character interests you the most? Why?
First I was really interested in Mitra (I still do!!!!) but now Reksa has raised up again! They are both even, so I reaally don't know who I should persue first! Rama is not what I expected...I wonder how he is... Ill save him for last. :3
Perfect. Not TOO slow, not TOO fast either! Oh and the beginning is nicely done! A really good story!
....YES! God...I played this demo for like... an hour or something. And I wasn't even bored! And GOD the scenes are funny!
Hmm. There was this scene with reksa where he asked Tamara if she was a kodomo... I was confused because he himself was a komodo,no? And reksa while he was biting this arrow, his saliva was like acid. So...what would happen if you kiss him?
Oh by the way, with not updating for like a month, I wasn't mentioning you. I was mentioning others. XD You instead are doing greatly!
YIPPPEEE for reviews! XD *dances around happily*
*ahem*
here's your answers miss Caty~
1. awww glad you love my boys evenly! QuQ well I can assure you that any of them won't disappoint you xD take your time choosing~
2. *relieved sigh* I thought it was too fast >.<
3. *gives a bear hug* thank you! I was worrying a lot about this >_<
At first, Reksa was confused (he never met 'humans' therefore Tamara's scent is new for him) Since Tamara didn't have any wings, he thought Tamara is a Komodo like himself but then he saw what Tamara wore (Asih's clothes) and jumped to a conclusion that she is a 'wingless' (a disabled Avian) therefore an enemy. I hope this is a good enough explanation for you xD
As for the kissing, lol it surprised me at how many people asking me this questions xD Don't worry, Reksa can control his saliva's poison level. ...unless if you force him to kiss you :p
snowflakes wrote:Well, first of all, question time:

Well, It's so hard to choose since all of them are interesting guys, but I think Reska took the place. But anyway, the three of them are just awesome and I want to read more about them!
Well, It was just perfect to me. You introduced the story quite fast but that is good, the human world It's not were the game takes place so It's just fine to me.
3. After waiting for 4 months, did the demo meet your expectations? If not, please tell me why.7
Well, It worth it. It was exactly what I was waiting for. An surprising, interesting and funny game. I can't wait to play the final version (now let's wait again ^^)
Well, I saw some things I think you should check:
First of all, when I load a save, the background don't shows up, instead, I see it all grey and the bg don't shows until it changes.
Second,
In the chapter when you meet the guys, If you select the Rama option before Mitra's, the first time you saw Rama, Tamara thinks that he couldn't be Mitra, like she have met him before. But that's impossible so It was funny xD
And finally it crashes a lot and I needed to update my directx, that was a little troublesome but it worth it!
And then other things *spoiler*
Well, this could sound a little stupid but, if Reska has acid saliva, how could he kiss Tamara in a future? Or he can't? And I loved the relationship between Asih and Yuda <333
And I have to tell that i didn't imagine Rama like that LOL he was so funny and outgoing I thought he will be the 'silent one' xD But it was a nice surprise!
Well thank you for making me have fun ! Keep this up :D
welcome back miss snowflakes!
glad to see you again and here's your answers~
1. Reksa is still your fave boy I see :3 well, you won't be disappointed!
2. another weight off my shoulders >.< I was worried about this especially about chapter 1
3. Amen! it's also because of your support that I made it until this moment QuQ yup, I'll be accompanying your wait every week!
4. yes, I can't seem to find the solution for that x_x I already asked erik via e-mail (novelty's developer and still waiting for his reply).
Oh lol, a loophole in the story! thank you for finding it miss snowflakes xD now that I think about it, it is impossible lol
sry for the trouble! >.< but think of the positive things you did for updating the directX you can play a lot of online games //slap
it really surprised me at how many people asking me this question xD don't worry! Reksa can control his saliva's acid level. So he won't burn/melt your lips if he likes you......well, unless if you force him to kiss you xD
Bouki wrote:Can't...download...stupid...blocked...internet.........
Anyways, as an avid stalker of your game, I will not let this stop me and will go to my relatives' house tomorrow so I can download this 'cause I'm super excited!! Will comment as soon as I play it. And your comment made me emotional, to the point I just stared at the screen thinking ''Damn... this is so nice that I can't even think of a worthy reply. So well, yeah... *starts bawling and hugs back, unable to say a word*
D: Noooooo--!
I'm sorry for your internet blocking you x_x but no worries! the demo won't go anywhere :D
I'll be waiting for your review patiently with a goofy smile plastered on my lips \(OuO)/
and... *hugs back and starts bawling again* I don't even know what to say anymore Q_Q we've been through so much! *dramatic background song*

Fleet_commander

#176 Post by Fleet_commander »

Time for me to play a Demo ;)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#177 Post by SweetChiel »

I'm really happy to see that the demo is well accepted QuQ and very proud of my babies! *sobs*
the Facebook Page received more than 50 likes in a day and I think I should reply to it with love <3
Here's a poster for all of you QuQ
and I'm going to showcase this VN with another game made with my college team in my college in December 6th! So maybe the script will be slow for 1-2 weeks. I also have another presentation next week D:
aahhh so busy!

but I'll still be waiting for your reviews guys! XD

snowflakes
Regular

#178 Post by snowflakes »

SweetChiel wrote:I'm really happy to see that the demo is well accepted QuQ and very proud of my babies! *sobs*
the Facebook Page received more than 50 likes in a day and I think I should reply to it with love <3
Here's a poster for all of you QuQ
and I'm going to showcase this VN with another game made with my college team in my college in December 6th! So maybe the script will be slow for 1-2 weeks. I also have another presentation next week D:
aahhh so busy!

but I'll still be waiting for your reviews guys! XD
Ohhh super cute, I love the serious face of Tamara *downloads and uses it to cover all the walls of her room*

Bouki
Regular

#179 Post by Bouki »

I finally played the demo!! HOLY UNICORNS it was beyond my expectations (especially the writing), but it was different than what I was expecting too. Anyways, I was in a pretty bad mood yesterday and playing your game made me feel slightly better, so thank you for that :D To answer your questions:

1) Well... I don't know how to break this to you, but... Not Reksa anymore.
I dunno, it's just that Rama seemed so genuine and weird at the same time, I really liked how you wrote Tamara's interaction with him too, it was like I could see his movements or could hear his laugh. I would like to see more of him. My only concern is that after his comment about how it's so sweet, he kinda felt like generic ''cheery guy with a dark secret''. But since there was so little interaction, I'm sure he would be a lot more deeper and interesting character. I think Rama became my new favorite. (even his hair is at the right length, lol)
About Mitra, omg he looked sp adorable in his CG! Up to this point, I never realized I had a soft spot for men who are good with children, but... look after me like you do with those children Mitra, I need some love :( I also liked how Tamara ogled at Mitra for a good while lol, she even made Puspa (did I get her name right?) jealous.
Reksa... I liked how he growled at people and all, but he was hostile and seriously, it seemed like too much of a hassle to deal with him. I tried being honest at first and he chased me away. Why Reksa, just why? I also forgot to save and had to go back to the beginning (blood, sweat and tears and lots of clicking!!!) just to tend his wound. He reminded me of an injured wild animal though, especially how he looked amused at Tamara's growl made me go awwww :3

2) It was awesome! I sometimes get bored at the introduction part of stories, but this was paced just right. I enjoyed reading it. Like I said before, I was impressed with your writing throughout the demo. There were a few typos here and there, but it was no problem to me (and I think can be fixed easily.)

3) Yes. YES. It did meet my expectations and it went beyond.

4) How long the finished game will be? I hope it will be long 'cause I loved every bit of it :3
Art-wise, I think Rama's neck seems too thin and I think he would look better if his shoulders were a little more broad, but that's just my personal opinion. Apart from looking tortured, he seemed kinda scrawny. (but hot, nontheless. Dem eyes.) And while Tamara was closer to Reksa, his upper arms looked too thin. Meanwhile, Mitra looked way too hot. Fix pls. Also I love how expressive your characters were, it looked like they were actually talking. My favorite was Tamara's confused expression, she looks sooo cute~
As for the writing, I think Yuda and Asih's interactions were super-awesome! I love Yuda's design and sarcastic, rude characters are usually my favorite. So I assumed I would be sad since he's already taken. Surprisingly, Yuda came off as more like an annoying but adorable brother to me, more than a love interest. I don't know how you managed to do this, but I got the feeling that Yuda and Asih were meant for each other. Good job on that!

That's all for now, but I will probably play it over and over until you release the full version and find even more things to comment on. All in all, thank you for your efforts and good job with the demo, I am waiting eagerly for further updates. Have a good day/week and good luck with your presentations :D
Last edited by Bouki on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#180 Post by try10 »

Finished playing the demo. I think the story is really original and unique and I liked the funny dialogue. The art is absolutely stunning and the characters seem very interesting. I especially liked Mitra since he seems nice and all. Rama was handsome but waaay to creepy and Reksa really scares me...since he is a komodo...
For the full version I hope you are going to add more save slots and I would also like to save when making a decission. :D I wish you the best of luck with this game cause I'm sure lots of people will love it! :D