Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV 17

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kikaharu
Regular

Re: Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV

#211 Post by Kikaharu »

Haha of course I'll try to check in more and try to get you writing faster. Oh you have skip as ctrl I'll have to try remembering that, most visual novels I play the skip button is usually tab. That's probably why I didn't find it. :D hehe ohh one thing I thought about and forget it and I remembered it again and almost forgot it yet again. But I'm on here and still remember it a bit. XD Okay it's a really strange thing but I was think of Reksa and how he is a komodo dragon and how their saliva will melt skin right? (If I remember correctly) But the thought I had in my mind was like if you ended up french kissing Reksa would your tongue and like mouth start melting? I don't think even you would have an answer to that question but it was just an interesting thought I had. Haha I hope it's a funny thought for you too and makes you laugh a bit or even wonder XD.

Also why are you surprised so many people like Yuda? He is hot but also he has an attitude, which is okay. We sometimes like it when a guy has an attitude and ending up getting into little fights and stuff like that. I actually think most people when first starting the demo or the finished game once it's finished, might be like me who is like awww when you find out he is married. But even though we can't have him, we still have great other options so I think we will be perfectly fine :)

Also for writing you say you have problems with timing and connecting together at a good pace. Well if you are stuck on one part, try working on a different part. Also dont be afraid to write it one way and then read it a day or two later and if you don't like something you can try changing it then. And last piece of advice for now is to have fun!! hehe have fun writing your story :)

CRMson Angel
Regular
Projects: Dark Heart (GxB) 1

#212 Post by CRMson Angel »

1. Which character interests you the most? Why?
The character that interests me the most is Reksa <3 he is adorable and from the moment I figured out what he was (was distracted by how cute he was first) I've been wondering how to kiss him without dying >.> I liked him most because he kind of screams my type. I love how you pretty much hit the main character types that girls go for.

2. How was the pacing of the story? Was it too fast or too slow?
I love the pace of the story. I hate it when things go by to quickly because it means the game will end quickly and you'll have to hunt down something else quicker.

3. After waiting for 4 months, did the demo meet your expectations? If not, please tell me why.
I just stumbled upon this yesterday and I didn't think it would be as good as it was because most the new works have been slightly disappointing. I think you did a wonderful job with the demo.

4. Any questions about the game or characters? I'll answer them spoiler-free of course :D Feedbacks/Critiques? They're more than welcome!
I love how you post updates. It helps to confirm that this is still going on. I hate when you get into something and all of a sudden you find out it isn't being worked on anymore. If you really want mini games in it I could help you ;3 please keep up the amazing work. I can't wait for the final result.
maybe tomorrow will the day I awaken to the dark in a room full of light. Chy's Beloved Abyss.
.... (^ also name of my dueling deck x.x I'm such a nerd)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

UPDATE 2/3/2015

#213 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
this week I managed to finish Reksa's week 1 event and revised Rama's week 1 :D slowly but surely it's progressing!

Life is not very kind with me at the moment since I still need to revise my college paper again, chase 4 lecturers to sign it, FINALLY print 3 copies of it, and look for internship training. My poor wallet... each copy is 100+ pages and I need to print them in hard cover... OTL

anyway enough of my complaining >_<;
here's your replies miss Kikaharu & miss CRMson Angel!
Kikaharu wrote:Haha of course I'll try to check in more and try to get you writing faster. Oh you have skip as ctrl I'll have to try remembering that, most visual novels I play the skip button is usually tab. That's probably why I didn't find it. :D hehe ohh one thing I thought about and forget it and I remembered it again and almost forgot it yet again. But I'm on here and still remember it a bit. XD Okay it's a really strange thing but I was think of Reksa and how he is a komodo dragon and how their saliva will melt skin right? (If I remember correctly) But the thought I had in my mind was like if you ended up french kissing Reksa would your tongue and like mouth start melting? I don't think even you would have an answer to that question but it was just an interesting thought I had. Haha I hope it's a funny thought for you too and makes you laugh a bit or even wonder XD.

Also why are you surprised so many people like Yuda? He is hot but also he has an attitude, which is okay. We sometimes like it when a guy has an attitude and ending up getting into little fights and stuff like that. I actually think most people when first starting the demo or the finished game once it's finished, might be like me who is like awww when you find out he is married. But even though we can't have him, we still have great other options so I think we will be perfectly fine :)

Also for writing you say you have problems with timing and connecting together at a good pace. Well if you are stuck on one part, try working on a different part. Also dont be afraid to write it one way and then read it a day or two later and if you don't like something you can try changing it then. And last piece of advice for now is to have fun!! hehe have fun writing your story :)
Lool don't worry, many others asked me about Reksa's kissing scene too xD it is a funny thought and by how many people have asked, it's amusing for me. Eh you can expect Tamara 'melting' but not literally of course, lol. Things will be explained when the time comes~

and about Yuda: maybe it's my own opinion, but I thought no one likes to be criticized in every little thing they do, especially when they're trying hard. Not to mention Yuda is the grumpiest character in the story :))
Hmm I see, thanks for your explanation! I guess the bad boy image stuck into Yuda really well then o.o But I'm really glad things turned out fine :D

Aww thank you for your suggestion :'3
Yes I often wanted to jump from one event to another but then again they're connected to each other and Lord knows how many loopholes will be in it if I don't take care of the timelines of each character........which usually ended up with me overthinking things and no work done. I guess I'll just write whatever the heck I want for now and fix it later when I'm finished with chapter 3 xD Woooooo *dives into writing head first*

again, thank you for your suggestion! it directed me in a way and Lord knows how much I need directions D:
See you next week! xD
CRMson Angel wrote:1. Which character interests you the most? Why?
The character that interests me the most is Reksa <3 he is adorable and from the moment I figured out what he was (was distracted by how cute he was first) I've been wondering how to kiss him without dying >.> I liked him most because he kind of screams my type. I love how you pretty much hit the main character types that girls go for.

I love the pace of the story. I hate it when things go by to quickly because it means the game will end quickly and you'll have to hunt down something else quicker.

3. After waiting for 4 months, did the demo meet your expectations? If not, please tell me why.
I just stumbled upon this yesterday and I didn't think it would be as good as it was because most the new works have been slightly disappointing. I think you did a wonderful job with the demo.

4. Any questions about the game or characters? I'll answer them spoiler-free of course :D Feedbacks/Critiques? They're more than welcome!
I love how you post updates. It helps to confirm that this is still going on. I hate when you get into something and all of a sudden you find out it isn't being worked on anymore. If you really want mini games in it I could help you ;3 please keep up the amazing work. I can't wait for the final result.
Without any delay~
1. lol, thanks! xD things will be explained in time but you can expect something/someone to 'melt' :)) not literally of course lol. Anyway I'm glad you like Reksa! <3
2. Amen! the pacing is decided >:D believe me or not it's the hardest part for me to do here
3. aw thank you :'3 the only regret I have is I still can't use ren'py to program this OTL
4. yep, I'm happy to tell you that this VN will majorly updated in page 14 since all that's left is to write the script, maybe other minor character, and 2 more backgrounds or so. btw what do you mean with helping me? o.o you can program novelty? how will we work? (I'm really interested :D)

Thank you for your amazing and kind review! It makes my day a whole lot better xD really. It helps to motivate me greatly :3
stay tuned and see you next week! :D

Erikka
Regular

Re: 1/27/2015

#214 Post by Erikka »

SweetChiel wrote:Sorry guys! There's no update this week since I got immersed in my college's last project presentation! >_<;
I told you about it last week, right? and God it was hard..
The lecturers searched for any loopholes in my presentation and then killed me with it mercilessly D:
I was very worried that I might not passed and that I would have to repeat another semester, but Thank God, Buddha, and everything Holy that I PASSED!! *happy dance* I'm really glad that it's finished!! *cue fireworks pls*
anyway, I'm sorry that I have no update this week :S
so here's another compensation >_<
feastyoureyesonRamainrealismstyle I had fun painting Rama here xD
I'll rest my brain next week and hopefully I can write more chapters later. btw, I have just realized how difficult it is to write a story with a logical timing in it O.O
for all scriptwriter out there you have my respect! m(_ _)m

that's it for today's status update guys :D I hope you all have a nice week~!
WOW! :shock: This guy looks so handsome! Your art is so beautiful!
I wish you lots of inspiration and strength to finish this marvelous project. :D

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: 1/27/2015

#215 Post by SweetChiel »

Erikka wrote: WOW! :shock: This guy looks so handsome! Your art is so beautiful!
I wish you lots of inspiration and strength to finish this marvelous project. :D
oh lol thank you!
I'm so happy you like my art :'D
of course my babies are all handsome <3 xD
thank you for your support miss Erikka! :D

Kikaharu
Regular

#216 Post by Kikaharu »

How is this week's progress going? I know you had your college paper to revise and other stuff too.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#217 Post by SweetChiel »

Kikaharu wrote:How is this week's progress going? I know you had your college paper to revise and other stuff too.
Hi miss Kikaharu! :D
for update 2/10/2015:
after a busy week of chasing my lecturers for their signatures I managed to:
- revised Reksa's week 1 event
- about 1k words side event
- and 20% each for Rama & Mitra's week 2 event

I've updated at page 14 but I forgot to post it here! sorry! >_<;

Now when we're at it, here's update 2/16/2015! :D
With my paper finished, I'm now on a hunt for internship training! I've sent my CV to Caravan Studio and awaiting their judgement now :c wish me luck!
For this week:
- I decided to use silhouettes for minor characters c:
- I wrote Rama's and Mitra's Week 2 event up to 50% each and revised all Week 1's event. But I have to say it's a little progress if compared with last week :( I'm sometimes frustrated at my slow and fickle writing skills :S I mean, when I get some 'enlightening' I can write about 1-2 chapters (1-2k) but when I'm not getting 'it' I wrote only about 500 words - 1k OTL

Sincerely, SweetChiel.

CRMson Angel
Regular

Re: UPDATE 2/3/2015

#218 Post by CRMson Angel »

CRMson Angel wrote:1. Which character interests you the most? Why?

Without any delay~
1. lol, thanks! xD things will be explained in time but you can expect something/someone to 'melt' :)) not literally of course lol. Anyway I'm glad you like Reksa! <3
2. Amen! the pacing is decided >:D believe me or not it's the hardest part for me to do here
3. aw thank you :'3 the only regret I have is I still can't use ren'py to program this OTL
4. yep, I'm happy to tell you that this VN will majorly updated in page 14 since all that's left is to write the script, maybe other minor character, and 2 more backgrounds or so. btw what do you mean with helping me? o.o you can program novelty? how will we work? (I'm really interested :D)

Thank you for your amazing and kind review! It makes my day a whole lot better xD really. It helps to motivate me greatly :3
stay tuned and see you next week! :D[/quote]

I can program simple games, like cards possibly pin pong and I consider myself a quick learner on these things so I could look up and figure out how to program anything. I'm actually going to go to college for software and game development which is basically programming. I've had trouble with rpg but I bet I could make one that will work for you if you need it. The way I'd prefer to do it is to write the code and send it to you with where to place it and how to use it because I don't want to ruin the story for myself and the only other way would be for you to send me the game file and me to add in the needed things and send it back. I've seen others do it but I've never worked with anyone before. So it may take some time to fully get used to working together and figure out how but I'd love to if you think we can do this without epically failing. :D
maybe tomorrow will the day I awaken to the dark in a room full of light. Chy's Beloved Abyss.

Universalfiction

#219 Post by Universalfiction »

Hi. Don't mind me. Just browsing through the WIPs.
1. Which character stands out the most for you? Why?
I'm on a Mobile phone so I can only judge on appearance and Reksa caught my eye. It's cool to see tan characters in VNs because there is usually none! Like Nacira, I'm hyped because it's different in some way.
2. Does the intro and the art so far interesting?
Are you kidding? Yes! Especially the art just wow I'm like take me to the future so I can see the awesomeness
3. What makes you consider to play this game?
Hmm I play all game that catches my eye lol
4. Last but not least, do you have any question or critiques? I welcome constructive criticism any time Maybe you can see something that I miss or lacking.
Are there unicorn characters cause they all have wings like not unicorn (I'm sorry I don't know how to construct a sentence in the mornin apparently).

Kikaharu
Regular

#220 Post by Kikaharu »

hows this week's progress?? :) Hopefully it's going well

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#221 Post by SweetChiel »

CRMson Angel wrote: I can program simple games, like cards possibly pin pong and I consider myself a quick learner on these things so I could look up and figure out how to program anything. I'm actually going to go to college for software and game development which is basically programming. I've had trouble with rpg but I bet I could make one that will work for you if you need it. The way I'd prefer to do it is to write the code and send it to you with where to place it and how to use it because I don't want to ruin the story for myself and the only other way would be for you to send me the game file and me to add in the needed things and send it back. I've seen others do it but I've never worked with anyone before. So it may take some time to fully get used to working together and figure out how but I'd love to if you think we can do this without epically failing. :D
Hmm, I see. How about you download novelty first and see if you can program a game with dummies assets first? :D try experimenting with it first and see which programming works and not. I think it's a bit late to add a game into Nusantara (since at first I want this to be a pure visual novel app xD) But I think I can ask for your help for the next project! :D
Thank you again miss CRMson Angel! I'm waiting for some good news~ ^o^
Universalfiction wrote:Hi. Don't mind me. Just browsing through the WIPs.
1. Which character stands out the most for you? Why?
I'm on a Mobile phone so I can only judge on appearance and Reksa caught my eye. It's cool to see tan characters in VNs because there is usually none! Like Nacira, I'm hyped because it's different in some way.
2. Does the intro and the art so far interesting?
Are you kidding? Yes! Especially the art just wow I'm like take me to the future so I can see the awesomeness
3. What makes you consider to play this game?
Hmm I play all game that catches my eye lol
4. Last but not least, do you have any question or critiques? I welcome constructive criticism any time Maybe you can see something that I miss or lacking.
Are there unicorn characters cause they all have wings like not unicorn (I'm sorry I don't know how to construct a sentence in the mornin apparently).
Hello miss Universalfiction! :D Glad to see you visit and thanks for your kind review~
1. Well that may have something to do with my fetish for tanned characters //slap but hey! I'm glad to see someone share the same preferences too! xD
2. Aww you make me blush :'3 thank you!
3. lool it actually the same with me xD
4. the theme for this VN is Indonesian culture and animals (can you guess what Indonesian birds I use here?) so... Nope, no unicorns here :'))
Your review made my day miss Universalfiction! Hope to see you again next week :D for updates, I'm focusing on scriptwriting on page 14 now.
Kikaharu wrote:hows this week's progress?? :) Hopefully it's going well
Good morning miss Kikaharu! :D I'm so glad to have you here first time in the morning xD I'm really sorry for being a day late, I was busy with college yesterday.
this week's update is :
- I wrote Rama's & Mitra's 2nd week events to 95% (there's just something I need to add, maybe some description)
- wrote some side events/story until week 2 is done!
I also decided to ask my friend to Beta Chapter 2 until Rama & Mitra's Week 2, maybe she'll know what's wrong/missing with it :S

Oh yeah, I think someone may have a week 5 event., but I'm still not sure about it. I'll give you some news about it later when at least I wrote until week 4 :)

and last but not least, a good news on my daily life :
I was accepted to do internship training at Caravan Studio!! *WOHOOO*
If you don't know, to work in Caravan Studio have been my dream ever since I entered college xD I hope I can do a good work so maybe they'll hire me for sure.

I wish you all have a good day and see you again next week guys! :D
xoxo and cookies, SweetChiel

CRMson Angel
Regular

#222 Post by CRMson Angel »

SweetChiel wrote:
CRMson Angel wrote: I can program simple games, like cards possibly pin pong and I consider myself a quick learner on these things so I could look up and figure out how to program anything. I'm actually going to go to college for software and game development which is basically programming. I've had trouble with rpg but I bet I could make one that will work for you if you need it. The way I'd prefer to do it is to write the code and send it to you with where to place it and how to use it because I don't want to ruin the story for myself and the only other way would be for you to send me the game file and me to add in the needed things and send it back. I've seen others do it but I've never worked with anyone before. So it may take some time to fully get used to working together and figure out how but I'd love to if you think we can do this without epically failing. :D
Hmm, I see. How about you download novelty first and see if you can program a game with dummies assets first? :D try experimenting with it first and see which programming works and not. I think it's a bit late to add a game into Nusantara (since at first I want this to be a pure visual novel app xD) But I think I can ask for your help for the next project! :D
Thank you again miss CRMson Angel! I'm waiting for some good news
Sorry x.x Erased that last part of your response when I was cutting down the thing to just our conversation. Downloading Novelty now. O.O It looks great. So far I've only used ren'py and direct on coding. I hope to work with you too sometime. :D Don't forget me lol.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#223 Post by SweetChiel »

CRMson Angel wrote: Sorry x.x Erased that last part of your response when I was cutting down the thing to just our conversation. Downloading Novelty now. O.O It looks great. So far I've only used ren'py and direct on coding. I hope to work with you too sometime. :D Don't forget me lol.
of course it's alright! xD we're going to exploit lots of space here if we don't cut off the quotes here lol
well, I think novelty was created for the sake of us Designers/People who want to make VNs but don't have much experience in coding. But then again, I still can't create any kind of games in it until now.
Don't worry I won't forget you :3 in fact I would like it if you can update me about your research regarding what kind of games worked in novelty. Do you know about ...that daily game like the ones in Re:alistair? the one that can success or fail in adding status for inteligence, strength, social, etc? I prefer that kind of game (really helps me in creating a sense of passing time!)

Of course, I don't want this to be a disturbance to your college either :D maybe an update in a week or two if you can <3

Bouki
Regular

#224 Post by Bouki »

My my, would you look at this, I haven't logged in for a month and you graduated college, even got an internship in your dream studio, getting closer and closer to achieving your dreams... *starts to tear up* Really, that must feel awesome if Caravan Studio means that much to you! So congrats on the graduation (good thing you don't have to worry about stupid presentations anymore lol) and your internship. Hope eeeeeverything in your life goes well and they hire you. (pffft, of course they will. It's not like they can find someone better, right? 8) )
Ahem, anyway, I'm excited about your progress. I wonder how week 2's events will be like :3 We should wait and see~ Until next time, good luck with your life and your project!

Sora-Kuroi
Regular

#225 Post by Sora-Kuroi »

Hello! I'm so excited that I could finally play the demo!

1. Which character interests you the most? Why?

Reksa ♥ it doesn't really see like he's a bad guy so I want to try to know him better! besides he's the only one that's not an avian so I'm really interested about him.

I think it was ok. It wasn't too fast or too slow.

I LOVED IT! ♥♥♥♥ I couldn't play the demo before because of life issues but I'm so happy that I could play it now! I'm really really looking forward for the full game!!

I love the relationship of Asih and Yuda!!! ♥♥ and I love how Asih translates Yuda's words xDDDD