Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV 17

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
snowflakes
Regular
Projects: Improve my art
Deviantart: vychi

Re: Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV

#241 Post by snowflakes »

SweetChiel wrote:Hi miss Kikaharu & miss Hazel-Bun!
It's so good to see you two here first thing in the morning xD

I'm also very happy to tell you that I was on a roll last week!
I've found out that I could make some backgrounds/assets for this VN every thursday by labelling it as 'portfolio' and guess what?
Look what I did last week:
- 1 background done!
- 2 WIP background (75% & 30%)
- 1.2k on Rama's Week 4 event (50% or so. I may revise all of it since Rama is the hardest for me to write about.)
- revised Reksa's week 3 event

and darn, I'm so pleased with all the progress! I hope you guys too c:
I'll upload one background for the next 3 weeks <3
here's one for today:
Hmm, can you guess whose village is this? :p I haven't test it on fullscreen and it's kind of fastpaint so please excuse me if there's any drop on the quality
Wooooooottt, see you next week my darlings! :D
Ohhh, so much progress! Cool cool, keep it up! Looking forward to see those bg finished
And I guess that village is Reksa's! Your art is amazing as always (we will live there together and happily ever after wehehehe)
Waiting for more updates ^^

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

#242 Post by SweetChiel »

ixWishing wrote:↑↑ I'm guessing the Liang Ndara Village? No clue xD
But whoa, the quality is still amazing, despite you saying you fast painted it! o:
I'm going to continue to silently lurk on your thread~
Kikaharu wrote:I agree with ixWishing probably Liang Ndara Village. because the Digdaya Village we know from the demo where they are. and we already seen the Loma Village unless you are redoing the looks of villages.
Lol, both of u are right xD this is Liang Ndara village, Reksa's home.
I'm a little worried about quality control but glad to hear I'm not rusty over the weeks!
thanks for visiting miss ixWishing & Kikaharu <3 just a lil bit more for update :D
snowflakes wrote: Ohhh, so much progress! Cool cool, keep it up! Looking forward to see those bg finished
And I guess that village is Reksa's! Your art is amazing as always (we will live there together and happily ever after wehehehe)
Waiting for more updates ^^
'
Hi miss snowflakes!
Aww you flattered me :') I feel spoiled ><
lol, amen to happily ever after! Liang Ndara was so much fun to make since I like autumn colors c':
thank you for visiting and see you in a few days :D

CRMson Angel
Regular
Projects: Dark Heart (GxB) 1

#243 Post by CRMson Angel »

Wow. With your every update post, I get more and more excited for the final outcome. Reksa's village looks gorgeous <3 even if the quality dulls it'll still look great. I agree, autumn colors are beautiful. I love the vivid and dull collision. Vivid red, dulling brown, and brightening yellow/gold. Autumn definitely has the best color palette. I don't like spring colors :/ I'm glad you were able to get so much done :3
maybe tomorrow will the day I awaken to the dark in a room full of light. Chy's Beloved Abyss.
.... (^ also name of my dueling deck x.x I'm such a nerd)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 4/6/2015

#244 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! HAPPY BELATED EASTER DAY!
Things are getting intense in week 4 onwards and I'm having a bit of problem writing the details >< I got stuck in Rama's week 4 event, so I skipped to Reksa's week 4 event. Progress:
- Reksa's week 4 event 1.1k words (60%)
- last BG in the forest is done! & the other WIP is in 70%

Rama's week 4 event went longer than I expect and I think I may prolong it until week 5 or cut some scene or maybe I should think of a completely new scene to fit the timeline also due to considering seducing Rama is the hardest to do for Tamara

Last week I took more time to rest since last thursday I didn't go to work (Celebrating Easter!) and my house is not an effective place for me to work (I got tempted to play some games and read novels instead... Guilty as charged Q_Q)

anyway here's the last BG in the forest:
I had some trouble since its been a looong time I make spring forest and somehow I have some noise in it when I saved it :( really unpleasant but maybe the low quality do some good for this BG. It's supposed to have a 'lonely, deserted, a little dark with a speck of hope' feelings after all.

That's it for today! Hopefully I can get into the mood this week for more updates! :D I need to work on some sprites too afterall.
CRMson Angel wrote:Wow. With your every update post, I get more and more excited for the final outcome. Reksa's village looks gorgeous <3 even if the quality dulls it'll still look great. I agree, autumn colors are beautiful. I love the vivid and dull collision. Vivid red, dulling brown, and brightening yellow/gold. Autumn definitely has the best color palette. I don't like spring colors :/ I'm glad you were able to get so much done :3
Yay! We have the same preferences! xD me too, I really wished I could go somewhere with 4 seasons and live a year in it. It's really dull here with just rainy and drought seasons :S and yes, I'm also happy with so much progress <3 it's been a while and I'm getting a little frustrated with how slow I am in scriptwriting.

Glad to see you again Miss CRMson Angel! :D
lots of hugs and cookies from me~

Kikaharu
Regular

#245 Post by Kikaharu »

i like the forest BG. I live where we get 4 seasons though most people that live in my state joke about our state being bipolar and only having two seasons. It has four but our weather tends to be like this (ill start with summer): Summer feels like it starts in like May for like 4 months once it hits like October you start to feel the chill in the air and a bit later its already fall. Like November its cold and feels like winter and then December to February winter (feels like forever though to me XD) and then March warms up a little still cool out. And then April a bit warmer and rainy and then May is usually when its sunny and warmer out. And like June and July are the really hot months. (this is all based on my opinion. XD) but why some of my friends and me call it bipolar. Is because there are some weeks or days like this: you can get sunburn and frostbite in the week. and sometimes the same day. haha I don't know anyone that has gotten sunburn or frostbite in the same day or week. but there are days it will be really hot and then really cold in the same day or vise-verse. Or the same thing in a week but like frostbite one day and the next day sunburn. XD because its so cold and then so hot. its weird sometimes.

whoa. >.< I got far off topic of the game haha. sorry. Also to respond to this "I had some trouble since its been a looong time I make spring forest and somehow I have some noise in it when I saved it :( really unpleasant but maybe the low quality do some good for this BG. It's supposed to have a 'lonely, deserted, a little dark with a speck of hope' feelings after all."

I get the feeling of traveling in the woods and being in the thick woods and coming to this little opening and it opens up to this place. Which is a nice feeling haha.

Also "Rama's week 4 event went longer than I expect and I think I may prolong it until week 5 or cut some scene or maybe I should think of a completely new scene to fit the timeline"

I think that you should keep it as it is. If you need to expand the timeline a bit I think it might be better. if you really like it that way or you can try writing a new scene to fit the timeline but don't delete the one you have know and then you can figure out which one you like better. But I think if timeline has to expand to have a good quality of writing so its not rushed or something. then I think thats just fine hehe

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#246 Post by SweetChiel »

Kikaharu wrote:i like the forest BG. I live where we get 4 seasons though most people that live in my state joke about our state being bipolar and only having two seasons. It has four but our weather tends to be like this (ill start with summer): Summer feels like it starts in like May for like 4 months once it hits like October you start to feel the chill in the air and a bit later its already fall. Like November its cold and feels like winter and then December to February winter (feels like forever though to me XD) and then March warms up a little still cool out. And then April a bit warmer and rainy and then May is usually when its sunny and warmer out. And like June and July are the really hot months. (this is all based on my opinion. XD) but why some of my friends and me call it bipolar. Is because there are some weeks or days like this: you can get sunburn and frostbite in the week. and sometimes the same day. haha I don't know anyone that has gotten sunburn or frostbite in the same day or week. but there are days it will be really hot and then really cold in the same day or vise-verse. Or the same thing in a week but like frostbite one day and the next day sunburn. XD because its so cold and then so hot. its weird sometimes.

whoa. >.< I got far off topic of the game haha. sorry. Also to respond to this "I had some trouble since its been a looong time I make spring forest and somehow I have some noise in it when I saved it :( really unpleasant but maybe the low quality do some good for this BG. It's supposed to have a 'lonely, deserted, a little dark with a speck of hope' feelings after all."

I get the feeling of traveling in the woods and being in the thick woods and coming to this little opening and it opens up to this place. Which is a nice feeling haha.

Also "Rama's week 4 event went longer than I expect and I think I may prolong it until week 5 or cut some scene or maybe I should think of a completely new scene to fit the timeline"

I think that you should keep it as it is. If you need to expand the timeline a bit I think it might be better. if you really like it that way or you can try writing a new scene to fit the timeline but don't delete the one you have know and then you can figure out which one you like better. But I think if timeline has to expand to have a good quality of writing so its not rushed or something. then I think thats just fine hehe

Hi miss Kikaharu! xD your comment made just my day!
I really enjoy how you tried to describe the seasons in your place. I cracked up when you mentioned about the weather being bipolar and how you can get sunburnt & frostbite in the same week lol! I guess it's because of global warming or something? If I were there, I might laughed my heads off if its very cold in the morning and suddenly very hot in the afternoon xD Something about mother nature being bipolar is very amusing to me as weird as it is. Thank you for taking your time explaining those for me c: *really thoughtful of you*

As for 'I get the feeling of traveling in the woods and being in the thick woods and coming to this little opening and it opens up to this place. Which is a nice feeling' : Thank you! I'm glad some of my intention was discovered :D I always imagined how I wanted to escape from the city, take a walk in a lush forest and found something magical (hut in this case lol). Glad to hear you get the nice feeling too!

And about the story writing...
Yes I always keep the things I write, thanks for your opinion! c: I have this habit of keeping anything I write in case if I change my mind, need it later, or something. You'll never guess how messy the original script is with notes all over the place (I sometimes have difficulty reading my own writings x_x)

All in all I have fun replying your feedback miss Kikaharu :D
thank you and see you soon!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 4/13/2015

#247 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey guys! What's up? :D
I have a good weekend and I hope you too!

I'm slightly pleased and slightly sad about today's update. Rama could be very stubborn if he wanted to. I ended up writing a whole new scene for him and it's still not quite there yet! and I'm still taking some notes regarding how to write a good battle scene (For who's event? well I'll leave it to your imagination! xD)

But I managed to make some progress in sprites and BG:
- Finished 1 BG
- 2 Sprites WIP (90% + 70%)
>>>Which is why I have a new dilemma: How could I introduce the new characters without spoilers? :S Hmm, is it enough if I told you their names and general roles? Not including their personality so you can cannon away :p

Here's another finished BG:
Can you guess who is the owner of this room and what the function of the items in it? :p
Let me give you the sprites sillhouette for now:
I think it's a bit obvious that they are from Liang Ndara village xD
that's it for today my darlings! I hope you like'em :3

CatyCats
Regular

#248 Post by CatyCats »

Yaaay updates!!
I think the owner of that room is Rama or Reksa... I don't know. Reksa could be the type with just a simple room, but Rama is so mysterious and could also have a simple room.
It's been a long time since I commented on this. I always look at it though. Backgrounds are lovely! Again, they look so mysterious and beautiful. It fits into that world! Not wonderland or fairy tale like, but more realistic and I like that! :p
About the new sprites, I bet the 70% looks like a badass and the other one looks like... idk. It could be long hair, or it could be a cape. I think it's more a cape.

Anyway, are you having fun and all? :D . I am (not)! Sometimes I am, sometimes I work everyday off my vacation for school. Horrible school!
Happy Easter Holidays!

Kikaharu
Regular

#249 Post by Kikaharu »

I think it's either Reksa's room or like a medical room. Like a room for birthing maybe?

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#250 Post by SweetChiel »

CatyCats wrote:Yaaay updates!!
I think the owner of that room is Rama or Reksa... I don't know. Reksa could be the type with just a simple room, but Rama is so mysterious and could also have a simple room.
It's been a long time since I commented on this. I always look at it though. Backgrounds are lovely! Again, they look so mysterious and beautiful. It fits into that world! Not wonderland or fairy tale like, but more realistic and I like that! :p
About the new sprites, I bet the 70% looks like a badass and the other one looks like... idk. It could be long hair, or it could be a cape. I think it's more a cape.

Anyway, are you having fun and all? :D . I am (not)! Sometimes I am, sometimes I work everyday off my vacation for school. Horrible school!
Happy Easter Holidays!
It's great to have you back miss CatyCats! :D
I'm really happy to hear you like the backgrounds and WIP sprites :3 It IS a simple room, but can you point out what's wrong/weird with this room? if you could then maybe you could guess which house have this room and even guess which guy owns this room *hint hint* may this have your thoughts occupied until next update! xD

about the sprites with a cape and badass...
well, you're not wrong about the badass thing but I wonder about the cape... x'D (Oh how I love teasing you, sorry!)

I agree with how school always managed to make you work even when it's vacations! D: Good luck fighting off those homeworks miss Caty! I'm also in a bit of pinch now, since work is boring (I'm coloring & rendering comic with american style now), but it's fun too sometimes when I found a good references and such. I guess we're in the same boat? :D
Kikaharu wrote:I think it's either Reksa's room or like a medical room. Like a room for birthing maybe?
Lol I laughed when you mentioned a room for birthing xD but I guess the herbs and bandages implied that? But what a wooden board with 4 holes have to do with it? Let me give you a hint like miss Caty : What is weird with the room? when you find the answer, you could guess which house have this room and maybe the guy who owns it!
Good luck!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

HAPPY SATURDAY!

#251 Post by SweetChiel »

Hello and happy Saturday guys!

No updates today guys, wait 2 more days xD though I can say that the progress was awesome, especially in the assets section.

Today, I was happy -scracth that, I mean ECSTATIC - to inform you that 779 people have downloaded the demo from last November 2014 until now (and still counting)!

To show you my appreciation, I decided to re-new the Demo Download Link soon (in one week or less) with some minor features I've made (remember from the last updates?):
- more save slots (30 in total)
- story log button (you can re-view the character dialogues if you want to)
- Exit or no? (Have you clicked a false button and exited the game accidentally? No worries! there will be a screen re-confirming your action when you click the exit button!)
- Added Reksa's attack sprites
- Re-wrote some minor scenes such as: Tamara's falling from the sky scene and added some minor details in some places.

It's not much but I hope this will increase the demo's quality
smile emoticon

see you guys in two days and happy weekend!

BONUS: Fun Facts about the backgrounds!
As you may have guessed, I am NOT an architect. So the backgrounds may have some wrongness in the stature since I have no idea how they're built. But I do collect references for them and it's from Indonesian's traditional buildings! (which means they're REAL and you can visit them if you want!). Here, let me show you:
For example: Liang Ndara (left) - Reksa's Village - real reference is from Wae Rebo (Right), one of the villages in Flores which retains their traditional buildings, Mbaru Niang. Wae Rebo is in Manggarai regency, precisely in West Satar Mese district, Satar Lenda village. (sorry if my english confuses you, I have a hard time explaining, you might need to google it yourself for a better explanation)

Didn't it look beautiful? :)
The other reference I use is from Compang Ruteng Village (looks familiar?) :
This is how it looks like from inside (which I painfully searched) :
ALL CREDITS GO TO GOOGLE!

Geckos
Veteran
Completed: Brilliant Shadows, Perceptions of the Dead, The Phantom Icecream Truck
Projects: Embers of Magic, Pale Spectrum, Perceptions of the Dead
Organization: Ithaqua Labs
Tumblr: geckosart
Deviantart: sitaart

#252 Post by Geckos »

Really digging the art style and feel of the story so far. Keep up the good work! :3
Image ImageImage

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#253 Post by SweetChiel »

Geckos wrote:Really digging the art style and feel of the story so far. Keep up the good work! :3
Hi miss Geckos :D
I'm glad to hear you like it so far ^u^
Thanks for visiting, stay tuned, and see you again soon! Your comments/critiques are my fuel!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 4/20/2015

#254 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! XD
I'm in high spirits today! I found a Korean otome game last saturday and it was highly inspiring! The title is Dandelion - Wishes Brought To You :D
I finished it in 2 days lol. Really addicting, fluffy, a bit frustrating, high quality, and a darn good reference.

I'm now in dilemma whether to renew Tamara's 1st CG or not :')) There will be a jump in the CG's quality since I now have the much needed reference (Of course not all from Dandelion, I've found collections of CGs yesterday and I was like... both frustrated and motivated to make Nusantara's CGs as perfect as those references.)

I also made much needed progress last week & there's a little change in the program:
- I change the Weekly Events into Monthly Events. Tamara will have some options to interact with other characters every weekends (minor events - 500 words or less) and I will slip the bachelors main Events in between them :)
This will give me an easier way to adjust the timeline and affection points will be given only from the main events, not from the minor events.
- Finished Rama's Month 4 temporary draft event (may change it a little bit more but damn I'm happy to finally finished writing this event!)
- Reksa's Month 4 event 90%
- New Characters are out!
- WIP last background 50% (I hope I didn't forget any other backgrounds...)
- working on minor character sillhouettes now (50%)
I present you: Silva(left), Reksa's Father and Chief of Liang Ndara village; he's a little older than granny Sukma. and Purba(Right), Reksa's rival. I'll let you cannon away now :') can't have any more spoiler here. and before you complain, Komodos are supposed to have more defined muscles & bigger body than Avians (and thank God I managed to get some references for them).
Another WIP (LAST ONE!!)
Here's an example of the minor characters sillhouette (Yes their wings looks a little collided... x_x bear it with me please)
That's all for today folks! :D
I hope you guys enjoy it and I'm on fire to finish the rest of Chapter 3!
Last edited by SweetChiel on Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kikaharu
Regular

#255 Post by Kikaharu »

Haha I love that you played Dandelion. I have bought Dandelion and I have bought Nameless by them. Ooooh love new characters ^^ hehe and it's nice that you change it to monthly events instead of weekly. I think you can get more stuff done without having it seemed rushed. Also the herbs, bandages and that there is hay beds. There was a show I watched awhile ago that births were done on hay and something like it's a special thing to be birthed on hay. And yes I was really confused on the 4 hole thing because it's like that in no way makes sense to me. Like I though maybe like a prisoner thing if you thing of like old style shackles but it still didn't make since for 4 holes so I'm not sure. XD