Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV 17

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Arkhane
Regular

Re: Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV

#406 Post by Arkhane »

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! :3
Almost done !!!!
When when when????

Good trip :3

Reiyane

#407 Post by Reiyane »

Oh, I absolutely can't wait for the full game! The demo was definitely too short. I almost threw my computer at the wall when it ended, haha.

I'm dying to know how the story with Reksa will turn out. I just love that guy. Hot, distant and unapproachable... my greatest weakness. That scene with him in the forest was so cute I squealed like a little girl :D

Thank you for your work!

PS. Too bad Yuda isn't a romance option. I find his foul mouth entertaining, haha. Pretty hot too ;)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

#408 Post by SweetChiel »

try10 wrote:I am so excited right now! Thank you so much for all your dedication and hard work. This game is going to be so awesome and fun to play! :D
You're welcome!
I look forward for your review and critiques later~
This is a good experience and I intend to make more in the future when inspirations come c":
snowflakes wrote:OMG!! I'm so excited too haha, those are very good news
Good luck and I hope everything goes well and of course the game too ^u^
Amen! I'm also very excited with everything so close to completing!
Encyclopedia needs some patience tho XD stay tuned and wait just for a little while longer!
Arkhane wrote:Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! :3
Almost done !!!!
When when when????

Good trip :3
I have received your enthusiasm! >:"D thank you very much!
Things are a bit busy since I have a graduation at 28th so.... wait for about 2 weeks? XD
I still have that encyclopedia and light editing to do hahahah

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#409 Post by SweetChiel »

Reiyane wrote:Oh, I absolutely can't wait for the full game! The demo was definitely too short. I almost threw my computer at the wall when it ended, haha.

I'm dying to know how the story with Reksa will turn out. I just love that guy. Hot, distant and unapproachable... my greatest weakness. That scene with him in the forest was so cute I squealed like a little girl :D

Thank you for your work!

PS. Too bad Yuda isn't a romance option. I find his foul mouth entertaining, haha. Pretty hot too ;)
Aww thank you miss Rei!
I'm so happy that you like the demo! Just a little while longer for the full version :")
damn, Reksa is really popular XD Not that I'm complaining hahahaha

You're welcome, but save the thank you for when I released the full game (with reviews to push me make better VNs) <3

And and lol, thanks for the love! I'll make sure to pass it to Yuda ;)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#410 Post by SweetChiel »

All in all, I'm very happy that you guys share the same excitement with me for this almost complete VN *sniff* almost two years...
Your support played a great part of it. Remember that :")

Things have been a bit busy and I have graduation at 28th too so... be patient just a lil longer with me X"D

Maybe my baby will be ready in two weeks :")
Stay tuned!
xoxo, SweetChiel

Arkhane
Regular

#411 Post by Arkhane »

SweetChiel wrote: Maybe my baby will be ready in two weeks :")
NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
2 more long weeks :(

Good luck and everything you need ;)

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#412 Post by try10 »

Two weeks?! OMG! O_O I will be counting the days from now on. :D

tamacitas
Regular

#413 Post by tamacitas »

1. Which character interests you the most? Why?
TAMARA'S DAD HOLY GOD HE'S SEXY-
I love Mitra and Rama. Mitra, since he's a husband material and Rama, despite the other side of his. I WANT TO MARRY THEM BOTH PLUSTAMARA'SDADDY-
But eh, I can't decide. All the characters have their own unique personality after I play the demo.
BUT OF COURSE I LOVE TAMARA'S DADDY MORE

2. How was the pacing of the story? Was it too fast or too slow?
The prologue was too fast, since there are some questions left unanswered (such as what's happening to Tamara's parent). But for the other chapter, it fits just fine.

3. After waiting for 4 months, did the demo meet your expectations? If not, please tell me why.
I saw this just now XD I'm already downloading the demo and... Eh, I hate the gameplay already! Not because the plot is not good or because the characters aren't interesting, but the game CRASHES A LOT. This makes the gameplay to be very slow and laggy, and I hate it QvQ

4. Any questions about the game or characters? I'll answer them spoiler-free of course :D Feedbacks/Critiques? They're more than welcome!
This game has a very creative plot (like our ancestors are birds and komodos), and I love on how the character collaborate o3o I also love on how you actually teach some Indonesian phrases here! I hope that you will continue to input some more Indonesian phrases, such as 'Bila memang ini ujungnya, kau 'kan tetap ada di dalam jiwa' /what

About the characters, you may want to considerate the art again, especially for Rama. Reksa is hot, Mitra is one of a husband material, but Rama? Well, on a term of personality, I like him. But in the term of appearance, he seems to be the one who will easily fail if the player doesn't notice his personality. I like Rama just like in the title screen (?) For the others, it seems to be fine for me. So far for the personality, I like them already.

There were some flaws in transition of music (which I noticed a lot) and graphics when Tamara was having a conversation, but I mostly detect the music suddenly coming while the other one fading, which is quite messy for me. I hope that the music has smoother transition!

Some questions regarding to the game, btw:
If Tamara stays with the Avian-Herbivore, will she stay as a vegan forever?
If Tamara stays with komodos, will she eat Asih and Yuda and grandma Sukma and every Avians in Nusantara?
Will you add more Indonesian phrases in the game? Not just 'Aku suka/cinta kamu', but the others?

I'm waiting for the final game!

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#414 Post by Windchimes »

Played the demo for a bit. The art is gorgeous, and the story is intriguing. I can't wait for the full game!

Mitra, definitely. He's so sweet and gentle. The way he was with children was adorable. I love the bear analogy.
I really like Yuda too, not in the "I want a Yuda" route way because he's perfect with Asih, but he's really hilarious. And the soft side Asih brings out is freaking adorable.

I think the pacing was fine. At some points it was a bit too fast so I got confused, but in general it's great.

3. After waiting for 4 months, did the demo meet your expectations? If not, please tell me why.
It did! The story was great. I have a few points of critique about the game which will be in the next paragraph below.

4. Any questions about the game or characters? I'll answer them spoiler-free of course :D Feedbacks/Critiques? They're more than welcome!
One thing that irked me a bit was how the text freezes when I tab out. Like, when I play it in Window mode and I'm doing something else on a different window on the side, the text stops mid-sentence in the textbox in the game and doesn't continue until I tab back. It's just a little annoying. And sometimes I also have to click a million times for it to forward, probably just the transitions.
And the game seems to crash a lot. Randomly I'd get a message saying "Nusantara has stopped working." And since I don't think there is an autosave? It's a pain having to skip all the way back to the point it crashed unless I save a LOT. Not sure why. Maybe it's my computer?
Other than that everything looks amazing.

Really looking forward to the release of the full game! Amazing that this is released for free considering the quality of the art (and writing).

Reiyane

#415 Post by Reiyane »

I've read two previous comments about how the demo crashes a lot and I've decided to re-download it again just to check. It works fine for me. The only place where it crashed was when the demo ended, so I'm not sure if it was indeed a crash (since I haven't gotten any error message) or if it supposed to be like that. The music was also changing smoothly for me, so maybe it depends on a computer?

I was kinda irritated with the picture transition - in some places it was soooooo slow! At the beginning, mostly. But heck, maybe it was slow because I'm an impatient person and I quickly wanted to see the guys again, haha.

I've also noticed minor spelling and grammar mistakes here and there, but it wasn't anything big ^-^ For someone whose native language is not English, it was a job well done *thumbs up*

snowflakes
Regular
Projects: Improve my art
Deviantart: vychi

#416 Post by snowflakes »

Less than two weeks, I can't wait !! I'm so excited with this release.
I'm make sure I play all the routes and get all the different endings, and, of course, all the CG! Wow, It's been so long I didn't get this excited with something haha, I've been following your progress for so long that I can't believe I can finally play it.
Thanks for the effort you put into this game, I think we all will enjoy it! And good luck with the last weeks ^^

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#417 Post by SweetChiel »

kyakyakyu wrote:1. Which character interests you the most? Why?
TAMARA'S DAD HOLY GOD HE'S SEXY-
I love Mitra and Rama. Mitra, since he's a husband material and Rama, despite the other side of his. I WANT TO MARRY THEM BOTH PLUSTAMARA'SDADDY-
But eh, I can't decide. All the characters have their own unique personality after I play the demo.
BUT OF COURSE I LOVE TAMARA'S DADDY MORE

The prologue was too fast, since there are some questions left unanswered (such as what's happening to Tamara's parent). But for the other chapter, it fits just fine.

I saw this just now XD I'm already downloading the demo and... Eh, I hate the gameplay already! Not because the plot is not good or because the characters aren't interesting, but the game CRASHES A LOT. This makes the gameplay to be very slow and laggy, and I hate it QvQ

This game has a very creative plot (like our ancestors are birds and komodos), and I love on how the character collaborate o3o I also love on how you actually teach some Indonesian phrases here! I hope that you will continue to input some more Indonesian phrases, such as 'Bila memang ini ujungnya, kau 'kan tetap ada di dalam jiwa' /what

About the characters, you may want to considerate the art again, especially for Rama. Reksa is hot, Mitra is one of a husband material, but Rama? Well, on a term of personality, I like him. But in the term of appearance, he seems to be the one who will easily fail if the player doesn't notice his personality. I like Rama just like in the title screen (?) For the others, it seems to be fine for me. So far for the personality, I like them already.

There were some flaws in transition of music (which I noticed a lot) and graphics when Tamara was having a conversation, but I mostly detect the music suddenly coming while the other one fading, which is quite messy for me. I hope that the music has smoother transition!

Some questions regarding to the game, btw:
If Tamara stays with the Avian-Herbivore, will she stay as a vegan forever?
If Tamara stays with komodos, will she eat Asih and Yuda and grandma Sukma and every Avians in Nusantara?
Will you add more Indonesian phrases in the game? Not just 'Aku suka/cinta kamu', but the others?

I'm waiting for the final game!
lol, hello kyakyakyu xD
you're the first person to mention Tamara's dad hahahah! Congrats!

1. I look forward for your review for my boys later! :D

2. the thing about Tamara's parents is intentional :3
It will be uncovered later, but I do agree with you how fast the pace of the prologue is >< there are a lot of elements to be introduced in the beginning so I think I'll need to find a way to communicate it better next time :S thanks for pointing that out! xD

3. lol, yeah, blame the maker of novelty for that :'D
Novelty is very easy to use, but it still has some bugs due to still in 'Beta version' . I'll make a list of its flaws later on this VN's full version release later.
I originally planned to make this VN with Ren'Py, but decided not to since the programming busted my brain OTL
the other optional is TyranoBuilder but I don't have credits in my paypal yet so... :'D this project is completely made with free resources

I apologize for any discomfort you have to experience :(
my tip is SAVE often >< and for lesser chance of crashing, use window-mode OR you can use full window, but you have to close and open it and then toggle the full window again for lesser chance of crashing later. (this VN will mostly crash when you tried to close it tho)

4. I planned to use more Indonesian phrase but as the story progress, there seems to be less phrases I can use :S
I WILL introduce some Indonesian cultures tho xD with the boys encyclopedia of course hahahah

about Rama's appearance... lol I can't say anything about him :X
you will find out why I designed him to be like that ;)

and the music transition OMG you will not believe how many times I frustrated about that D:
it seems to be easy at the beginning but I think I'll need someone to review the musics/SFX since it's getting harder and harder in the last scenes about 'which BGM I should use for this? Not this one! I already use this one -but the atmosphere!'
'OMG, why does this scene become so dramatic??' '...omg roller coaster of feelings... I don't even- ...I dunno whether to laugh or cry...'
'Argh, I can't find a matching BGM with this scene! But I already use so many music -and the size of the game is already -' blablabla and so on and so on :'))

PS: And thanks for the auto-save suggestion!
I'll work on it! >:D

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#418 Post by SweetChiel »

Windchimes wrote:Played the demo for a bit. The art is gorgeous, and the story is intriguing. I can't wait for the full game!

Mitra, definitely. He's so sweet and gentle. The way he was with children was adorable. I love the bear analogy.
I really like Yuda too, not in the "I want a Yuda" route way because he's perfect with Asih, but he's really hilarious. And the soft side Asih brings out is freaking adorable.

I think the pacing was fine. At some points it was a bit too fast so I got confused, but in general it's great.

It did! The story was great. I have a few points of critique about the game which will be in the next paragraph below.

One thing that irked me a bit was how the text freezes when I tab out. Like, when I play it in Window mode and I'm doing something else on a different window on the side, the text stops mid-sentence in the textbox in the game and doesn't continue until I tab back. It's just a little annoying. And sometimes I also have to click a million times for it to forward, probably just the transitions.
And the game seems to crash a lot. Randomly I'd get a message saying "Nusantara has stopped working." And since I don't think there is an autosave? It's a pain having to skip all the way back to the point it crashed unless I save a LOT. Not sure why. Maybe it's my computer?
Other than that everything looks amazing.

Really looking forward to the release of the full game! Amazing that this is released for free considering the quality of the art (and writing).
Hi miss Windchimes!
thank you for reviewing! :'D

1. Aww, thanks! Mitra is very happy to hear that <3
Yuda is also my favourite to write! He's so much fun! xD

2. Okay, I'll work on it! :') oh and which part is too fast? o.o
I tested this game over and over again that I just skipped parts I don't test so I might missed it x.x

3 & 4 yes, it's one of Novelty's technical issues :S It's out of my control so I suggest you to play it in window-mode OR you can toggle it to full-window once, close the game, refresh, and then open it again (I tried this and I think it's not too laggy after doing this.)
It's really unfortunate that Novelty creator didn't bring us more news/updates about this software :'( way more easier than Ren'Py (or is it just me? I prefer drag and click than reading a block of text x_x)
But I wish I can program using Ren'Py OTL

I apologize for the discomfort! D':

Amen!
I'll also look forward for your review after playing the full version! xD

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#419 Post by SweetChiel »

Reiyane wrote:I've read two previous comments about how the demo crashes a lot and I've decided to re-download it again just to check. It works fine for me. The only place where it crashed was when the demo ended, so I'm not sure if it was indeed a crash (since I haven't gotten any error message) or if it supposed to be like that. The music was also changing smoothly for me, so maybe it depends on a computer?

I was kinda irritated with the picture transition - in some places it was soooooo slow! At the beginning, mostly. But heck, maybe it was slow because I'm an impatient person and I quickly wanted to see the guys again, haha.

I've also noticed minor spelling and grammar mistakes here and there, but it wasn't anything big ^-^ For someone whose native language is not English, it was a job well done *thumbs up*
aww thanks for checking miss Reiyane! :D
I think it's kinda laggy when you opened novelty the first time in the computer and lesser lag the next time you opened it ><

and lol, about the transition pictures xD
you can skip it faster by pressing 'ctrl' if you want to ~ but be careful, you might miss some of the dialogues that way, tho you can re-view it in the story log :3

thank my beta-readers for fixing the grammar mistakes :'D
When they gave me the fixed script, I laughed while reading & fixing the VN since there are SO MANY mistakes! OTL
Really, cant do this without them <3
snowflakes wrote:Less than two weeks, I can't wait !! I'm so excited with this release.
I'm make sure I play all the routes and get all the different endings, and, of course, all the CG! Wow, It's been so long I didn't get this excited with something haha, I've been following your progress for so long that I can't believe I can finally play it.
Thanks for the effort you put into this game, I think we all will enjoy it! And good luck with the last weeks ^^

Yes you've been following me since... FOREVER! *hugs*
I also cant wait to see your reaction to all the boys routes! xD
and you're very welcome! I can't possibly finish this game without the support of my stalkers :'3

Kikaharu
Regular

#420 Post by Kikaharu »

I have been watching this recently just been stalking it though. :) but seeing how it's almost done is making me excited ^^ it's actually making me think about my own visual novel ideas I have and is making me want to work on them; which is a lot of ideas around 14 of them. >.<

I don't know who I'll go after first. I think the first play through will just be me having fun unless at some point I'm like oh I want to go after this person which has happen in most games I play. :)