Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV 17

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Qeedy

Re: Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV

#286 Post by Qeedy »

Since i've played the demo
1. Which character interests you the most? Why?
2. How was the pacing of the story? Was it too fast or too slow?
3. After waiting for 4 months, did the demo meet your expectations? If not, please tell me why.
4. Any questions about the game or characters? I'll answer them spoiler-free of course :D Feedbacks/Critiques? They're more than welcome!

1. OMG mas reksa is hot! i fall in love at the first sight with him. Why? dunno maybe because he just my type xD
2. I don't know about pacing, but i like it. it feels normal and it what make it great. It not so fast, but i don't think it was slow too. About pace : i like it
3. I don't wait for 4 month, but i even i wait, i'm sure i won't disappointed by it. It's so great!
4. i just want to give some feed back :
a. when first i play, i minimize the game window and after that it start to not responding and it stopped. this happen twice because i open and minimize and then i open it again and minimize it again. after some time i minimize it again and it don't crash, but i think i should report this. Maybe because i just recently installing the DirectX
b. Did you make all of them alone? You are so awesome! I mean i know it don't be easy since i try to make my own and stuck at drawing
c. I'm totally love your drawing, it's sparkling-sparkling everywhere :3

I'm looking forward the full version ^^
Ganbatte :3

Kikaharu
Regular

#287 Post by Kikaharu »

How has this been coming along? I know you are busy (of course I know I chat with you off here too XD) Just curious and I'm fine with waiting a few days to know. :)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

#288 Post by SweetChiel »

Qeedy wrote:Since i've played the demo
1. Which character interests you the most? Why?
2. How was the pacing of the story? Was it too fast or too slow?
3. After waiting for 4 months, did the demo meet your expectations? If not, please tell me why.
4. Any questions about the game or characters? I'll answer them spoiler-free of course :D Feedbacks/Critiques? They're more than welcome!

1. OMG mas reksa is hot! i fall in love at the first sight with him. Why? dunno maybe because he just my type xD
2. I don't know about pacing, but i like it. it feels normal and it what make it great. It not so fast, but i don't think it was slow too. About pace : i like it
3. I don't wait for 4 month, but i even i wait, i'm sure i won't disappointed by it. It's so great!
4. i just want to give some feed back :
a. when first i play, i minimize the game window and after that it start to not responding and it stopped. this happen twice because i open and minimize and then i open it again and minimize it again. after some time i minimize it again and it don't crash, but i think i should report this. Maybe because i just recently installing the DirectX
b. Did you make all of them alone? You are so awesome! I mean i know it don't be easy since i try to make my own and stuck at drawing
c. I'm totally love your drawing, it's sparkling-sparkling everywhere :3

I'm looking forward the full version ^^
Ganbatte :3
Hi and thank you for your kind review miss Qeedy! :D
1. aww it warms my heart to see my baby is loved again <3 I think Mitra and Rama are getting jealous with how Reksa got so many attention :'3
2. YAY! another load fell from my shoulders!
3. amen! I'll be sure to meet your expectations and more :D
4. a. yes, it could take some effort to play this VN since it's using Novelty >< pardon me for being unable to learn Ren'Py D:
b. yep. That's why this VN is taking so long to grow and finish :') but you give me too much credit! I'm sure you can do it too :D just do 1 background/write a chapter every week and I'm sure your VN will be completed before you know it :D
c. awww thank you! >///< I have a tendency to use bright colours. But do remember that this VN have warnings in it : blood, psychological, death, etc... so it won't be just about rainbows/sparkles/flowers :')) but I won't tell *evil laughs*

again, thank you miss Qeety for sparing your time to review! :D
stay tuned and see you soon ;)
Kikaharu wrote:How has this been coming along? I know you are busy (of course I know I chat with you off here too XD) Just curious and I'm fine with waiting a few days to know. :)
Hi miss Kika :D
things will be revealed in just one moment! xD

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 6/8/2105

#289 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! I'm back! :D
Things have been... not as smooth as I'd like it with my presentation :S
I ended up spending my entire day and afternoon just to revise my Intern Paper and I didn't even managed to chase my lecturer this afternoon to submit it again... that means I have to return back to college tomorrow when I'm so very ITCHING to continue with this VN's progress! (GAH!)

But good news!
I'm going to stay overnight at my friend's house from June 13th - June 16th to motivate each other :D I will motivate ErdaEnos(my friend) to finish her Intern Paper, while she will motivate me to focus on programming + writing this VN's script! The goal would be :
- Finishing the script until at least chapter 4
- Programming + CG application until the end of Chapter 3
Hopefully things will end well! :D

Edit*: Since my time with my friend here is short, the programming will have to wait >< I'll focus on the CGs and writing script for now!

oh and this week's update :
- Main Story Part A: 80%
- Main Story Part B: Rama's Route : 50%

That's it for today guys :D
Wish me luck! This week will turn hectic and busy for me ><
Last edited by SweetChiel on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

About the next update

#290 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys, just wanna tell you that since I won't be home until 16th June, I won't update next Monday :D
I wanna concentrate on working until I got home x)

Things are progressing quite good here :D

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 6/16/2105

#291 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
Things progressed very well last week! Staying overnight at my friend's house is the best! xD
We're kinda competitive against each other and it's very motivating lol and I realized it's a tall order to finish the script in just 3 days + programming x_x but I still think I made a great progress!
- Revised Rama's good end
- made 6 new CGs line art + major color blocking last week. In total there would be 17 CGs : 4 done, 10 at 50%(blocking done), 3 clean line arts.
- Chapter 4's Main story part A is done! Main story part B: Rama's route and Mitra's route are done! almost cried in relief and happiness when I was finally done writing their major event... QuQ
- made an Option screen (still searching for ways to make a CG gallery tho OTL)
- Demo version 1.2 with minor difference (Re-make Tamara's 1st CG, Story log, more save slots) Option screen is not in it yet since it's not final yet ><

Here's the latest progress:

- CHAPTER 1 (done)
- CHAPTER 2 (done)
- CHAPTER 3 :

INTRODUCTION (done)
MONTH 1 >>> Minor + Main Events all aone for All Characters
MONTH 2 >>> Minor + Main Events all done for All Characters
MONTH 3 >>> Minor + Main Events all done for All Characters
MONTH 4 >>> Minor + Main Events all done for All Characters

- CHAPTER 4
Chapter 4's includes:
- Rama's Month 5 Main Event : (done)
- Main Story part A (done)
- Main Story part B *Branching Big Event*
>>> Reksa's Route 0%
>>> Rama's Route (done)
>>> Mitra's Route (done)
- Main Story part C 20%

- CHAPTER 5
- Main Story part D 0%
- Main Story part E 0%
ENDINGS
>>>Mitra
- Good End 0%
>>>Reksa
- Good End 0%
- Bad End 0%
>>>Rama
- Good End (Draft done)
- Bad End (Draft done)

- Normal End 0%

I say, the story is 70% done! :D WOOOHOOOO!!
-and I'm almost done with my intern paper thing (only one more step!!) so I could throw myself into this VN very soon! :D
I also planned to stay overnight at ErdaEnos's place again later at 7th July to make another huge progress :D

Oh, and here's what the Option screen looks like:
Please forgive me that it looks more like instructions than a configuration... OTL
I just don't understand how to program them in Novelty! Q__Q I'm as blind as a baby bat in the morning when it concerns programming...
I hope all of you are pleased with this progress QuQ
I also found a person who seemed to be a better programmer than me in deviantart (8oni). Let's hope he/she will be kind enough to teach me the basic programming scripts and such so I can improve this VN better!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

Kikaharu
Regular

#292 Post by Kikaharu »

nice thats quite a bit you got done recently. ^^

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#293 Post by kisa »

I... I thought I'd be able to play it... But, it turns out it's an exe... which means I can't... 8H8
The bishiessss.... Reskaaaaaa...
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#294 Post by SweetChiel »

Kikaharu wrote:nice thats quite a bit you got done recently. ^^
Yup, and there's more today! xD
I'm chasing the deadline like crazy lol :'D
kisa wrote:I... I thought I'd be able to play it... But, it turns out it's an exe... which means I can't... 8H8
why can't you play it miss kisa? D:
even Ren'Py is in exe, right?

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 6/22/2105

#295 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys,
I've been chasing the deadline like a mad woman last week; especially in the script-writing department and boy, am I glad they are done with x'D

1. Chapter 4 is finally finished and revised! There may be some light editing later but now, my friend Adventia is proof-reading it for grammar faults.
2. Reksa's Good end : 80%
3. I found a senior novelty programmer and she's kind enough to teach me :D There's still hope for CG gallery!
4. New feature is up: Affection Meter. Yes guys, now you can see how much my babies love you as the story progresses x'D
This feature will be unlocked once you met all my boys. Oh and if you are not careful, Reksa's route may be not unlocked :'3
Credits are going to 8oni, who's kind enough to share this knowledge :D Check her deviantart page! There are lots of good tutorials and you can even ask her yourself! >>> 8oni.deviantart.com

All is well but now I'm facing the last wall: The climax of the story! D":
Lord, I need more references! x_x

PS: I've updated the boys & Tamara's introduction cards on page 1 :D

see ya again, my darlings and stay tuned! :D
xoxo,
SweetChiel

kisa
Veteran

#296 Post by kisa »

SweetChiel wrote:
kisa wrote:I... I thought I'd be able to play it... But, it turns out it's an exe... which means I can't... 8H8
why can't you play it miss kisa? D:
even Ren'Py is in exe, right?
No, I'm using a mac... So, Ren'Py is an app.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#297 Post by SweetChiel »

kisa wrote: No, I'm using a mac... So, Ren'Py is an app.
Oh, noes D:
But there is still hope!
I do plan to make a ren'py version once this novelty version is finished. I'm going to search for a programmer who is willing to volunteer >.< but that means you'll have to wait until August my dear :')

kisa
Veteran

#298 Post by kisa »

SweetChiel wrote:Oh, noes D:
But there is still hope!
I do plan to make a ren'py version once this novelty version is finished. I'm going to search for a programmer who is willing to volunteer >.< but that means you'll have to wait until August my dear :')
*hunts for programmers*
idk what'll be involved in the programming. But, I know some stuff(?)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#299 Post by SweetChiel »

kisa wrote:
But there is still hope!
*hunts for programmers*
Sry for the late reply miss kisa >.<
Oooh, are you a Ren'Py programmer? o.o
but it might be a problem if you can't see the full version of Nusantara later x_x since I want the Ren'py version to be a perfect copy of it ><

I really thank you for your thoughtful offer tho QuQ
or maybe you can teach me Ren'py programming? x'D or... maybe provide me the script with the function (so I can copy paste them. I am as blind as a baby bat in the morning with Ren'Py OTL)

Kikaharu
Regular

#300 Post by Kikaharu »

SweetChiel wrote:
kisa wrote:
But there is still hope!
*hunts for programmers*
Sry for the late reply miss kisa >.<
Oooh, are you a Ren'Py programmer? o.o
but it might be a problem if you can't see the full version of Nusantara later x_x since I want the Ren'py version to be a perfect copy of it ><

I really thank you for your thoughtful offer tho QuQ
or maybe you can teach me Ren'py programming? x'D or... maybe provide me the script with the function (so I can copy paste them. I am as blind as a baby bat in the morning with Ren'Py OTL)
When i saw that you needed a Ren'Py programmer I looked but I ended up going and reading the quickstart for Ren'Py programming doesn't seem that hard, there probably will be somethings that are harder to learn later on but eh. Haha if I was any good then I would but I don't think I would be that great compared to others yet.