Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV 17

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

Re: Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Adventure] [Comedy]

#16 Post by Akitsuki »

SweetChiel wrote:
Akitsuki wrote:Oh my God, this looks awesome!! Not to mention it's about Indonesia too!

1. MY EYES ARE ON REKSA. I see many people love him already, but cold guys are obviously interesting! They're funny to tease LOL
And Tamara too! Her quotes are just so funny xD

2. Of course! The art looks nice and the story sounds great! To be honest I keep trying to like history-themed VN but somehow I can't yet :( Hope this one will make me!

3. The art does, the premise too, and the characters! I've found some VN that includes the country's culture but when you put the animals as well, it makes me wonder how it will go! And of course I can't miss the secret character, can I?

4. No, I just wish you good luck so you can finish it!

I'm sorry I sound so hyped which I actually am LOL Good luck anyway!
1. Aww Reksa you're truly loved :') *I have dust in my eyes dammit* My friend's premonition came true lol.
2. Well, this is mostly about a fantasy story (This story is collecting dust in my head), but there will be Indonesian cultures as the character events in this VN *hint hint* they're mainly celebratory, so I hope you'll enjoy them :D
3. lol, can you guess which Indonesian animal I'll be using? (except Komodo, so obvious xD)
4. Amen! may the demo be out at December!

ooh, it's okay, really! the excited comments of the viewers always makes me feel giddy, happy, and it motivates me to make this faster :D
Thank you for your feedback miss/mister Akatsuki? (I can't guess your gender D:)
feel free if you have any question and see you in Monday! :D
Oh LOL sorry I was quick to assume it's historical since I saw the subtitle is 'Legend of the Winged Ones', so I thought the main character would, like, time-travel to the time where humans weren't born. Oh noes I'm making up things sorry don't mind me LOL

I'd guess.. birds like the Garuda? LOL typical. I'm so ashamed of myself I don't really know about national birds and such.
Or probably Elang Bali too? :D I'll see when the demo's out! Anyways, since there're already people eager to play this, you have no choice but to finish it! LOL But take your time!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

#17 Post by SweetChiel »

Fleet_commander wrote:Hi Sweet Chiel :).

I just saw you're link on my DA page and was excited to have a look. And sorry for the late reply you can thank work for that lol. I made an account here in order to keep the story confidential I have to say the question about what VS novel engine this site uses nearly threw me Haha.

I can see the amount of work that has gone into this already it is looking absolutely beautiful. :)

Anyway you asked for my opinion on your project and I’ll do my best ill answer the listed questions and add some extra commentary.

Keep in mind however

- I'm very ignorant on Indonesian culture.
- People like me are probably not you're demographic (male, non-tourist).
- And everyone here probably knows more about Visual Novels then I do.

You're Questions

1. Which character stands out the most for you? Why?:
In Terms of the Character Biographies Reksa stood out the most to me because the first thing that jumped out of my head when reading his bio was that he was a clear and present danger to anyone around him. The man who considers himself Judge, Jury and Executioner is always a man that you need to watch. Even if he believes he is acting for the good of the people his leadership style sounds like it's based off his personal judgment and the way it’s written sounds like he may be prone to making rash judgments I'm not sure if that’s what you intended but that’s what I got from him.

2. Does the intro and the art so far look interesting?: Yes it does. For the title I love the colours you picked they stand out and make the title pop and the old style map has an authentic charters look to it. In fact in all the art there is a very autumn feel to it browns, yellows, reds, a little green. I’d say keep going with those colour choices.

That being said however I’d say just a little bit more work might have to go into Tamara. Have a look at Asih and then have a look at Tamara.

To me Asih is more detailed and has a better blend of colours and detail than Tamera. Tamera Still looks good but I think she could be better even if her clothes are not as stylish or "out there" or fantasy like as the other characters.

Speaking about the other Characters for a second the Male characters arms are almost as thick as the Female characters Exept for Mitra. In my head I’m struggling to think if this is a problem or not because in Anime it’s normal for Male characters to have thin arms, most male anime protagonists usually have them but on the other hand proportion wise I know the male arms are supposed to be thicker.
This is debatable however.

All in all I love what you have here.
After repeated viewings the art grows on you the more you look at it which is great. The best character in terms of design in my opinion is Asih she is the perfect balance of Anime and realism and she looks almost like an Angel. The wings on the winged characters are amazing they are perfect in colour, shading, and drawing.

You have a lot of colour and tone in the artwork for the characters but I’d also suggest trying to experiment with light as well in the scenes of the graphic novel. You will find a lot of reference to Angels and the use of light I’m sure.

3. What makes you consider to play this game?: Both the setting and the Artwork. And the story, and learning about Indonesia.

4. Last but not least, do you have any question or critiques? I welcome constructive criticism any time :) Maybe you can see something that I miss or lacking:

Most of the criticism is on the answer to the second question. One thing to add in the bio I think Tamara hasn’t got a back story. We know her characteristics and her attitude but we don’t know where she came from or what she does. Maybe you haven’t revealed it on purpose to keep a surprise for potential player’s lol. With a backstory you can add some characteristics to the design of Tamara as well. I know I gave her alot of criticism but dont let that make you think I dont like her design I do I just think she needs that special touch with colour and detail you are talented with, She is a bit on the dark side when in my opinion should be bright and colourful. The good things about Tamara are her eyes, structure of the face and proportions, and her emotional expression (I like her smile).

I hope this has helped a bit I enjoyed both reading your story and viewing you're artwork please keep up the fantastic work!!. 8)
:mrgreen:

O I just remembered in your game progress bar I didnt see a UI progress (user interface) you might want to consider how that will be designed if you havent already the players will be looking at that for most of the game. :)

Haha ill get around to those replies on Deviant art. :lol:
Nooo, I'm already happy that you made it here and spared some time to look at my project! I hope this won't disturb your work >.< -and OMG your review! Dang, It's so detailed and made me want to jump in giddyness xD *ahem* alright, here's my reply ^v^-

1. Fleet commander, I congratulate you and proud to give you an award of 'awareness'!
You practically guessed his character right off the bat xD I'm speechless, really. Do you have a sixth sense or some skill I didn't know?

2. Yep, the theme for this VN are autumn and summer :D there will be more green and other colors in the future but mostly, there will be warm colors all over this VN x)

and about Tamara -don't worry, she will have another outfit when she interact with the other characters 'out there' :3 *still in progress of designing* But rest assured, her radiance will not lose to Asih! xD
I'm so glad you like Asih though, her design is one of the hardest (considering she have a mature and stylish taste.)

and about the characters... lol I've just realized about that when you brought it up.
I really have to pin it on my head that girl's shoulder are less broader and their arms are thinner than men.
Maybe it's because the males around me. They really have arms as thin as me here (never saw one with muscles). But hey, thank you! I'll definitely improve the characters thanks to you. Maybe some tweak here and there, wait for my next update and see them again :D

3. Amen! You won't be disappointed. Hopefully this will interest you to visit Indonesia! ^.^/

4. Tamara's background story will need some time to uncover in the VN :3 but there are hints everywhere, I'm sure you can guess it like how you guess Reksa xD and Yep, I think I won't spill the beans yet :p
and yeah, you're right about her being a little in the dark side, but I hope her other outfit will help brighten her up a little xD I said I wont spill the beans and yet here I am giving you another hint Sheessh, I need to stop my running mouth.

Ooohh, I forgot about the GUI progress D:
I'll post it in the next Monday along with the Asset updates :D thanks for the reminder!

and again, thank you Sir Fleet Commander for being a good friend and reviewer! Your feedback is simply amazing! :D They're very helpful and just what I need to improve this VN. Stay tuned and see you next monday :)
sasquatchii wrote:This looks super cool!

1. Mitra. He seems relatable and down to earth, and is very handsome :)
2. Yes, I adore the art & game graphics (especially the logo!) I would tweak the intro to maybe include a little bit more detail about the story & game play, and what specifically you do in the game.
3. I'm curious about the characters! Why do they have wings? Why is the heroine so different from the rest? It seems like it could be a lot of fun.
4. The one think I would pick on (and this is nitpicky) are a few grammar mistakes in your descriptions that I spotted. For example, Tamara's quote "My innocence? It flew out the window when half naked men walking and flying all over the place" is a little bit confusing- it should be something more like "when I saw half naked men"...

I spotted a few other awkwardly constructed sentences, but this is very easy to fix! Just proofread, and have someone else proofread it for you so you can catch these things
Yay! 2 reviewers in a day! Boy, am I so glad :'D
1. aww *nudges Mitra* you got another fan! My boy is growing up :') thank you!
2. Oh, don't worry, The game goal will be explained in the VN (definitely in the demo). But for now, it will stay a mystery :D there's a hint for that in the intro tho -aaannd this VN will be a pure otome which means (unfortunately) no mini-games, sit back and enjoy the story; of course, you're the one who will decide what Tamara do :)
3. ohoho, that will be explained in the story (again). Then again this is a 'Fantasy' and 'Adventure' story, so expect the unexpected! :D Tamara will have another outfit when she interacts with the other characters 'out there' tho *hint hint*

4. ack, you got me there :S I already proofread the character list & descriptions a few times and yet, there are still some grammar mistakes. (My friends are still busy proofreading the demo script.) I could only hope there will be less or no mistakes later in the demo.

But if there are still some annoying grammar mistakes here and there in the future, please bear with me >_< this is my one and only weakness that I think I can't fix perfectly. Maybe I'll begin searching for someone who speak fluently in English to Beta this :S

Miss Sasquatchii, thank you for your wonderful feedback :) you pointed out my weakness and your curiosity pushed me to make this VN faster :D and I'm sorry for not being able to answer most of your questions. I hope you will continue to support me and see you next Monday! :D
Last edited by SweetChiel on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by SweetChiel »

Akitsuki wrote:
Oh LOL sorry I was quick to assume it's historical since I saw the subtitle is 'Legend of the Winged Ones', so I thought the main character would, like, time-travel to the time where humans weren't born. Oh noes I'm making up things sorry don't mind me LOL

I'd guess.. birds like the Garuda? LOL typical. I'm so ashamed of myself I don't really know about national birds and such.
Or probably Elang Bali too? :D I'll see when the demo's out! Anyways, since there're already people eager to play this, you have no choice but to finish it! LOL But take your time!

...Lol that's not exactly true but not exactly right too. I don't know how to tell you without spoiling it xD There will be cliche and such, but I can assure you, the concept of the story is new and untouched by other game makers x)

no, you're actually right xD since it's *obviously* our nation's identity. That's one down, I won't tell you anymore :p oh and if you didn't know, Garuda is based on Indonesian's 'Elang Jawa' or 'Javan-Hawk-Eagle' :)
Yes, I'll definitely finish this to meet their and your expectations! I, myself, can't wait to finish the demo quickly to see your reaction xD

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#19 Post by Ran08 »

SweetChiel wrote: oh lol, I'm glad you love them xD Thank you! My babies are happy too now that they're finally out!
ooh, I've never played Nacira before. I'll be sure to check it out :D

as for the proofread, yes I will. Hopefully my friend won't kill me for too many grammar faults and spelling hahahah. But do bear with me if there are mistakes in the grammar when the demo is out >_<

as for the demo release, I was hoping it will be finished in December. If there's any kind of hindrance and problems, I'll say in January. Was it too long or normal? o.o
I usually need 3 days or so to make 1 background or 1 character (not including the expression).
Haha, yes, they're very wonderful! <3

Oh, it's a nice game. :) Haha.

Well, good friends will be pissed, but they'll do it anyway. Hahahahaha. Kidding. :3 But yep! Mistakes are fine. Everyone makes them. :) Too much can be a bit distracting in a VN though, at least for me. Hahaha.

Ohhhhhh. That is way too long for excited readers. Just kidding. Hahaha, for the creators, that's alright! As long as the game is polished and done very well, then of course it's worth the wait. :D Really can't wait for this though... haha! But I will, I promise. :)

Goodluck! ^^

Sopheria
Projects: Witch of the Veil, Spell Regeneration, Obscura
Organization: NA

#20 Post by Sopheria »

1. Which character stands out the most for you? Why?
Well I like the appearance of all of them, but appeal wise would be either Yuda or ??? guy. I like their appearances mostly, and short tempered boys always have the best reactions. And for the ??? I like how he seems so mysterious, I'm also a sucker for blondes with dark skin.

2. Does the intro and the art so far interesting?
Yes, I especially love the art, and that map. I've been trying to make one but can never get to far on one. Got any suggestions to what I could try?

3. What makes you consider to play this game?

The plot is really interesting, the magic and the creatures that come with it is something that I've always been attracted to. I mainly write plots with magical animals and people.
4. Last but not least, do you have any question or critiques? I welcome constructive criticism any time :) Maybe you can see something that I miss or lacking.
I'm curious to know what sort of music you might be leaning towards. One thing I would recommend has been said in earlier posts about grammar and something I've learned from my classes as a creative writing major at my college is to make sure you stay in one tense. When we read to ourselves our brain tends to overlook tense issues so reading out loud helps, that way you can catch the small mistakes.

I can't wait for your game <3 I'm really interested in it.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by SweetChiel »

Sopheria wrote:1. Which character stands out the most for you? Why?
Well I like the appearance of all of them, but appeal wise would be either Yuda or ??? guy. I like their appearances mostly, and short tempered boys always have the best reactions. And for the ??? I like how he seems so mysterious, I'm also a sucker for blondes with dark skin.

Yes, I especially love the art, and that map. I've been trying to make one but can never get to far on one. Got any suggestions to what I could try?

The plot is really interesting, the magic and the creatures that come with it is something that I've always been attracted to. I mainly write plots with magical animals and people.
4. Last but not least, do you have any question or critiques? I welcome constructive criticism any time :) Maybe you can see something that I miss or lacking.
I'm curious to know what sort of music you might be leaning towards. One thing I would recommend has been said in earlier posts about grammar and something I've learned from my classes as a creative writing major at my college is to make sure you stay in one tense. When we read to ourselves our brain tends to overlook tense issues so reading out loud helps, that way you can catch the small mistakes.

I can't wait for your game <3 I'm really interested in it.
1. I'm so glad you like him! xD Yup, '???' will stay a mystery for now :D I think I'll announce his name very soon but other than that is not much. I agree about how short-tempered boys have interesting reactions :P they are really fun to write too.

2. aw thank you! :D mmm, the tips will be :
- search/make a map in black&white/gray scale first. If you found a map in google/free resources, make them black&white in photoshop, just turn the saturation to the lowest setting.
- search for an old paper texture
- overlay the old paper texture on the gray scale map or the vice versa will work too. Other than that, you can add more color using overlay/multiply :D just experiment with it.

3. we're birds with same feathers I guess xD I'm a sucker for magical things but I like to add some logical explanation for it too.

4. ooh, 'read it out loud' is noted! Thanks! :D hmm, for the theme of the songs will be 'old' and 'peaceful'. Though maybe something 'pop' or 'playful' will be added too :D I can't quite describe it >.< the musics will be the last one I'm making tho, so it will be quite long before I decide to let you hear the sample BGM :S

thank you for your reply miss Sopheria :D I hope my tips helps.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by SweetChiel »

Ran08 wrote:
SweetChiel wrote: oh lol, I'm glad you love them xD Thank you! My babies are happy too now that they're finally out!
ooh, I've never played Nacira before. I'll be sure to check it out :D

as for the proofread, yes I will. Hopefully my friend won't kill me for too many grammar faults and spelling hahahah. But do bear with me if there are mistakes in the grammar when the demo is out >_<

as for the demo release, I was hoping it will be finished in December. If there's any kind of hindrance and problems, I'll say in January. Was it too long or normal? o.o
I usually need 3 days or so to make 1 background or 1 character (not including the expression).
Haha, yes, they're very wonderful! <3

Oh, it's a nice game. :) Haha.

Well, good friends will be pissed, but they'll do it anyway. Hahahahaha. Kidding. :3 But yep! Mistakes are fine. Everyone makes them. :) Too much can be a bit distracting in a VN though, at least for me. Hahaha.

Ohhhhhh. That is way too long for excited readers. Just kidding. Hahaha, for the creators, that's alright! As long as the game is polished and done very well, then of course it's worth the wait. :D Really can't wait for this though... haha! But I will, I promise. :)

Goodluck! ^^
That is the last thing I want to happen >_< hopefully the minor mistakes won't distract you from the VN!
lol, I'm so relieved xD other than the finished demo script, the character sprites and background still need some serious polishing to do.
once again, thank you and see you next monday! :D

Lady M

#23 Post by Lady M »

Tamara definitely stands out the most to me because it's nice to a main character of a VN that doesn't look like she'll be a complete damsel in distress. xD From your description of her she kind of seems like she's someone who won't take a lot of crap and that's something nice to see. Plus, I really like her two quotes you shared.

Oh my gosh yes, the art is gorgeous! I can't offer any true technical critique, but everything looks so clean and polished. This is something really random, but I like how I can even tell how different the characters are just by look at their eyes and what kind of expression they're holding there. The background you shared is wonderful as well, I love all the colors in it!

As for the intro it's very intriguing as well! I love legends and folklore myself and the way you worded everything (aside from a few minor errors) makes me very curious.

I love the inspiration that you're taking for this game, it definitely will make it stand out as you create it and release it. I was definitely clicked your topic because of how you described it in the tags as well.: )

Like I said before, aside from a few little grammar and wording errors (which who doesn't make those) in the intro so far I see nothing major that at least I can offer an opinion on. This looks amazing so far and I am definitely keeping this on my radar. Good luck!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by SweetChiel »

Lady M wrote:1. Which character stands out the most for you? Why?
Tamara definitely stands out the most to me because it's nice to a main character of a VN that doesn't look like she'll be a complete damsel in distress. xD From your description of her she kind of seems like she's someone who won't take a lot of crap and that's something nice to see. Plus, I really like her two quotes you shared.

Oh my gosh yes, the art is gorgeous! I can't offer any true technical critique, but everything looks so clean and polished. This is something really random, but I like how I can even tell how different the characters are just by look at their eyes and what kind of expression they're holding there. The background you shared is wonderful as well, I love all the colors in it!

As for the intro it's very intriguing as well! I love legends and folklore myself and the way you worded everything (aside from a few minor errors) makes me very curious.

I love the inspiration that you're taking for this game, it definitely will make it stand out as you create it and release it. I was definitely clicked your topic because of how you described it in the tags as well.: )

Like I said before, aside from a few little grammar and wording errors (which who doesn't make those) in the intro so far I see nothing major that at least I can offer an opinion on. This looks amazing so far and I am definitely keeping this on my radar. Good luck!
1. I hope Tamara will meet your expectations later in the game xD and... yeah
, she will take actions if you threw too much crap at her and it will not be pretty.
Oh and she'll probably throw a pillow or two at you before you can even call her a 'damsel in distress'. She hates that lol.
2. Yay! I'm glad you like my art! :D yup tried to make the character's identity/appearance easy to remember (since I knew you guys are not familiar with Indonesian names, so at least the appearance.)

3. I'm happy to get more curiosity from the viewers! That means more stalker for me and more surprised gasps/reactions later *evil laugh* *ahem* anyway, I'm glad this caught your attention xD

4. Amen and thank you! the least that I can hope is that the grammar errors won't distract you later in the game ^_^;

Thank you for your feedback Lady M :D your support is really appreciated, stay tuned, and see you in Monday! :)

Bouki
Regular

#25 Post by Bouki »

This project looks really interesting! I am a huge fan of fantasy themes and legends, so having a game with both is a double yes for me.
First of all, I think it's lovely how you take your time to reply to every single comment. I think your game has an interesting story with really eye-catching art, so it absolutely deserves the hype! (Oh and on a completely irrelevant note, someone with nickname Akitsuki commented, and when you were replying you wrote ''Akatsuki'' :D So I was going to ask, do you happen to watch Naruto? If yes, high-five! If no, still high-five 'cause I'm drooling over Reksa and you deserve one!!)

Sorry for that, now moving on to actual comments:
Reksa. He is just... handsome. Hot. Apart from that, I'm not sure if I liked his character, but he seems interesting. I'd like to know what makes him so paranoid about potential threats; and in games, interacting with cold, cocky people is always fun. Anyways, I think it would be wonderful if we could debate with him about his life view. Like Fleet_commander said (cool nickname btw) he may be potential danger to those around him. How he judges people so quickly and thinks he has the right to do that makes me want to know more about him.
Other than love interests, Asih seems like a nice character. Her smile is so warm and cute ^^ Both face and clothes, I really liked her design.

Yeah, i liked the intro, and it sure is interesting, just look at all the comments this topic got in a mere 3 days. Art is simply gorgeous to me since I like this drawing style. My only complaint about the art is Tamara's design. Especially when you compare her to Asih, her design looks a little dull. Most importantly, her sprite is good but seems like it's in a different style. When you look at the height comparison, Tamara stands out a little too much, like she doesn't belong to the same game with other characters. Sorry if I was too harsh or rude, I wanted to be honest and say it directly when there was something bothering me. (English is not my native language, so I don't know if it sounds too aggressive. If it's, sorry again) . It's just my personal opinion though, and it's not that much of a bother to me. I pointed that out because rest of the art is perfect in my opinion, I especially loved how their eyes are so expressive (and how they are all shirtless........). Well long story short, I am quite fond of the art and it makes me sad how Yuda is not obtainable. Because ALL of that gentlemen look really good and little details like tattoos or color shifts on their wings are beautiful.

Fantasy. Legends. Adventure. Romance. (And half-naked handsome men.) Could it get any better? And flying (with wings though, not something like planes) was always my biggest dream, so people with wings sound really cool to me. Your game has a ton of things I love, so I am really excited about this and can't wait to see its progress ^^

...........Oops, so I was supposed to put my critiques here? I wrote all critique part at the second question though :D I don't know if it counts as critique, but I think your text is okay. Just a proofread would fix it, don't worry about it ruining your game. But I do have one question, if you release the demo on December, when will the full release be?

I wish you the best of luck with your project. It's just two days left until Monday, I'm looking forward to your update too!

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#26 Post by kisa »

SweetChiel wrote:Questions For You:
1. That in progress character... based on the designs for the other characters, only good can come from that silhouette...
Of the already posted characters... It's really a difficult choice between Reska (Because we share being a Libra and he's adorable) and Yuda... I'd probably marry Yuda... He's adorable and seems pretty strong. (He probably has something about him that I'd grow to dislike over the course of the game though. X'D That's how these things work for me...)

2. Yup. It's really interesting so far! I like things to do with various cultures and myths and this seems like it'll be executed well.

3. ... I will admit, it's probably the cuties... But, that also means that the art is executed well enough for me to realize that they're cuties.

4. The ???? guy seems a bit thick in the torso and his neck seems too thin... Other than that... Yeah... Focus on finding a proofreader and finishing quickly so I can drool over meet your characters! OuOb
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by SweetChiel »

Bouki wrote:This project looks really interesting! I am a huge fan of fantasy themes and legends, so having a game with both is a double yes for me.
First of all, I think it's lovely how you take your time to reply to every single comment. I think your game has an interesting story with really eye-catching art, so it absolutely deserves the hype! (Oh and on a completely irrelevant note, someone with nickname Akitsuki commented, and when you were replying you wrote ''Akatsuki'' :D So I was going to ask, do you happen to watch Naruto? If yes, high-five! If no, still high-five 'cause I'm drooling over Reksa and you deserve one!!)

Sorry for that, now moving on to actual comments:
Reksa. He is just... handsome. Hot. Apart from that, I'm not sure if I liked his character, but he seems interesting. I'd like to know what makes him so paranoid about potential threats; and in games, interacting with cold, cocky people is always fun. Anyways, I think it would be wonderful if we could debate with him about his life view. Like Fleet_commander said (cool nickname btw) he may be potential danger to those around him. How he judges people so quickly and thinks he has the right to do that makes me want to know more about him.
Other than love interests, Asih seems like a nice character. Her smile is so warm and cute ^^ Both face and clothes, I really liked her design.

Yeah, i liked the intro, and it sure is interesting, just look at all the comments this topic got in a mere 3 days. Art is simply gorgeous to me since I like this drawing style. My only complaint about the art is Tamara's design. Especially when you compare her to Asih, her design looks a little dull. Most importantly, her sprite is good but seems like it's in a different style. When you look at the height comparison, Tamara stands out a little too much, like she doesn't belong to the same game with other characters. Sorry if I was too harsh or rude, I wanted to be honest and say it directly when there was something bothering me. (English is not my native language, so I don't know if it sounds too aggressive. If it's, sorry again) . It's just my personal opinion though, and it's not that much of a bother to me. I pointed that out because rest of the art is perfect in my opinion, I especially loved how their eyes are so expressive (and how they are all shirtless........). Well long story short, I am quite fond of the art and it makes me sad how Yuda is not obtainable. Because ALL of that gentlemen look really good and little details like tattoos or color shifts on their wings are beautiful.

Fantasy. Legends. Adventure. Romance. (And half-naked handsome men.) Could it get any better? And flying (with wings though, not something like planes) was always my biggest dream, so people with wings sound really cool to me. Your game has a ton of things I love, so I am really excited about this and can't wait to see its progress ^^

...........Oops, so I was supposed to put my critiques here? I wrote all critique part at the second question though :D I don't know if it counts as critique, but I think your text is okay. Just a proofread would fix it, don't worry about it ruining your game. But I do have one question, if you release the demo on December, when will the full release be?

I wish you the best of luck with your project. It's just two days left until Monday, I'm looking forward to your update too!
oh my gosh, what I noticed first when I read your comment was that >> Did you read all the comments and my replies? xD it's just- wow! you're so thorough at reading them and I've just realized the typo myself when you mentioned it!
So about my replies... I'm just sooo happy with the warm welcome you guys are giving me and my babies! :D the least I can do is to reply them, right?

and to answer your question, high five! I'm a fan of naruto too xD I haven't watch Naruto Shippuden yet, but I read the new manga updates until chapter 286 :D
LOL naruto sure knew how to surprise us, that reverse harem no jutsu really threw me off and I was laughing like there's no tomorrow xD
*ahem* so about the answers hahah I'm getting sidetracked by naruto

1. awww Reksa you lucky bastard, you're really loved! :') well about him being paranoid, it have something to do with the 'war' happening *hint hint*
it will be obvious in the demo and he will be a hard person to deal with later. It depends on your choices :P now I'm gonna stop before my mouth starts running again
and Asih, yes I love her design too, I guess I can tell you that her outfit was inspired from Bali Dancers :D

2. I notice that I got quite a lot of complain about Tamara's design xD But hey, it's okay! I really like the honest comments here :D refreshing and really pushed me for the better.
Don't worry tho~ Tamara will have another outfit ready for when she interacts with the other characters 'out there' *hint hint*
Her design will be as unique as Asih's :) But do have in mind that Asih's fashion taste is different from Tamara's.
wait for her update and tell me your opinion again later x) *though I'm concentrating on backgrounds for now, I'll try to spare some time on character designs too (I still have 2 major characters and 6 minor characters to make after all)*

3. lol, what about adding 'tall-black-and-handsome' to 'half-naked-men' with wings that can swept you off the floor ? better? xD
I'm so glad you like my VN so far xD I think we share a liking about people with wings that is one of the reasons why I love VNs 'All is fair in VN, anything can happen'.

4. hmm, let's assume the VN is out in December.
I think at that time, I almost finished with all the backgrounds and character sprites (except the CGs) that means, I just have to spend more time in writing scripts. The story line is finished in my head (maybe minor changes here and there, but the main story for each character is already planned),
So... maybe in August 2015 the full game will be out (considering I wrote the demo script in 3 months + college and there's no errors in Novelty). This is just an estimation, mind you.
Also, this is my first time making VN with Novelty so let's hope there will be no hindrance in the programming. IF I can't use novelty, I will need to ask my friend to help me with Ren'Py.

Hmm, I think enough hints for now? xD
I have to say this is the first time I threw so many hints. Oh, how about try to guessing why Tamara's outfit differs from the others? and why changing outfit later in the game?
I hope it will keep you busy until Monday :P

Thank you for your feedback miss Bouki! :D I really like how you write this review! It's so honest that I can't help but to smile :) stay tuned and see you later!
kisa wrote:1. That in progress character... based on the designs for the other characters, only good can come from that silhouette...
Of the already posted characters... It's really a difficult choice between Reska (Because we share being a Libra and he's adorable) and Yuda... I'd probably marry Yuda... He's adorable and seems pretty strong. (He probably has something about him that I'd grow to dislike over the course of the game though. X'D That's how these things work for me...)

2. Yup. It's really interesting so far! I like things to do with various cultures and myths and this seems like it'll be executed well.

3. ... I will admit, it's probably the cuties... But, that also means that the art is executed well enough for me to realize that they're cuties.

4. The ???? guy seems a bit thick in the torso and his neck seems too thin... Other than that... Yeah... Focus on finding a proofreader and finishing quickly so I can drool over meet your characters! OuOb

1. Yup, good will come from him, just, don't hate him later in the game >_< he's quite hard to deal with in game.
and lol, too bad Yuda is already taken by Asih. I have to say kisa, you have a sharp sense. I saw your comments back in miss Aruise's project and you manage to make 'almost-right' guesses (with little words being said) xD
Well... I can only say that what your premonition is quite right with Yuda.

2. Amen! I can't hope for anything better than viewers enjoying the new cultures and story :D

3. They're cute? my babies are cute? aww, you're making me blush ^.^- thank you! again, I feel so happy that my mixed style got welcomed.

4. hmm, I was trying to make him look thin :S but I see he still looks thick in some places (I just don't have the heart *sobs*)
*ahem*

I'll try to refine my babies again in the future and maybe when ???'s outfit finished, you can give me your opinion again :D
Thank you for your feedback miss Kisa :D I hope I'll be seeing you again in the next Monday!

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#28 Post by kisa »

XD
About Yuda: I knew it!
He's going to try to kill us at least once (if not more), isn't he?
About mr. tall n' dark: *punches air* YUS
about making your cuties skinny as the grave: Just imagine the skeleton... not the character... and draw him like a plump little robin elsewhere.

So looking forward to it!
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by SweetChiel »

kisa wrote:XD
About Yuda: I knew it!
He's going to try to kill us at least once (if not more), isn't he?
About mr. tall n' dark: *punches air* YUS
about making your cuties skinny as the grave: Just imagine the skeleton... not the character... and draw him like a plump little robin elsewhere.

So looking forward to it!

xD
lol, not as dramatic as that. He's a good boy, but he will do 'something' that even Mitra went furious with him. *uh, is that hint a little too big?
anyway enough hints for now xD
and for the 'skinny as the grave'...
I don't think I have the heart to change his design anymore Q_Q He's suffering enough already, from me changing his background story again and again, not to mention I made the 'angst-aura' around him is so strong.

But do take guesses now and then :D I want to see how people canon this story. It helps me to see how people thinks :)

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by 15385bic »

the boys are all pretty *Q* - but erm...favourite - eh - reksa? - i like his markings~

art yes~ - it made me skip past the intro - so rewind~ I love fantasy~ so thats a plus for me

GxB and very good looking ones....

not sure i can critique until i play anything - so so far so good ;]

*A* looking forward to seeing progress