Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV 17

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

UPDATE 12/1/2015

#421 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys,
my Internet is very slow and cranky this week :( I can't even access internet yesterday!

Still, light-editing is in progress.
There are so many bugs OMG, and much to my stress, there are new bugs appearing:
- The BGM will sometimes stop in the middle of a fighting scene (probably because of so many SFX are used in it) I tried to minimize the using of SFX but it's still there! :"( this really annoy me since the epicness of a battle scene will be disturbed
- the background will move by itself little by little from its original position when I used camera 'shake' function, revealing a black background

sadly, there's little I can do about these two bugs OTL
my poor baby :'(

This week's update contains:
- lots and lots of editing
- working on Auto-Save to compensate crashing (Thanks to kyakyakyu & 8oni.deviantart.com ~)
- Credits, CGs, & Encyclopedia is finished!

With luck, tomorrow I'll upload this VN to be tested by my beta tester -IF my internet cooperates tho :(

Still fighting and alive!
xoxo,
Sweetchiel

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

Re: Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV

#422 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

So hyped when I saw this will be finished soon!
I wish you all the best for this project and hopefully more project in the future! (and especially if it can include more about Indonesian culture <3) will try the demo after I'm finished with my final exams ><//

and I've been stalking this but I need to say it, that this have pretty arts, nice concept and that awesome trailer!
At first I thought it based on Dayak tribe, but I see it's based on many cultures, I do hope it'll be there somewhere xD

This is an inspiration for me to not give up c:
I never finished my own started project, so seeing you progressing steadily motivates me a lot, thank you for making this! Semangat!

CRMson Angel
Regular
Projects: Dark Heart (GxB) 1

#423 Post by CRMson Angel »

;-; The site stopped sending me emails so I was panicking then I saw its almost finished and I died. I hope where ever I go has wifi so I can download this *fades away into death's arms* lol I'm so excited X3
maybe tomorrow will the day I awaken to the dark in a room full of light. Chy's Beloved Abyss.
.... (^ also name of my dueling deck x.x I'm such a nerd)

Kumiho
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress NaNo
Projects: The Thousandth Day

#424 Post by Kumiho »

All I can say [for now] is that the art is so, so beautiful.
I haven't played the demo yet, but I just really needed to say ^.
I've currently downloading it, and I'm super excited!
I'll comment again afterwards:)

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#425 Post by Lesleigh63 »

You're really making progress. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

tamacitas
Regular

#426 Post by tamacitas »

SweetChiel wrote:lol, hello kyakyakyu xD
you're the first person to mention Tamara's dad hahahah! Congrats!

1. I look forward for your review for my boys later! :D

2. the thing about Tamara's parents is intentional :3
It will be uncovered later, but I do agree with you how fast the pace of the prologue is >< there are a lot of elements to be introduced in the beginning so I think I'll need to find a way to communicate it better next time :S thanks for pointing that out! xD

3. lol, yeah, blame the maker of novelty for that :'D
Novelty is very easy to use, but it still has some bugs due to still in 'Beta version' . I'll make a list of its flaws later on this VN's full version release later.
I originally planned to make this VN with Ren'Py, but decided not to since the programming busted my brain OTL
the other optional is TyranoBuilder but I don't have credits in my paypal yet so... :'D this project is completely made with free resources

I apologize for any discomfort you have to experience :(
my tip is SAVE often >< and for lesser chance of crashing, use window-mode OR you can use full window, but you have to close and open it and then toggle the full window again for lesser chance of crashing later. (this VN will mostly crash when you tried to close it tho)

4. I planned to use more Indonesian phrase but as the story progress, there seems to be less phrases I can use :S
I WILL introduce some Indonesian cultures tho xD with the boys encyclopedia of course hahahah

about Rama's appearance... lol I can't say anything about him :X
you will find out why I designed him to be like that ;)

and the music transition OMG you will not believe how many times I frustrated about that D:
it seems to be easy at the beginning but I think I'll need someone to review the musics/SFX since it's getting harder and harder in the last scenes about 'which BGM I should use for this? Not this one! I already use this one -but the atmosphere!'
'OMG, why does this scene become so dramatic??' '...omg roller coaster of feelings... I don't even- ...I dunno whether to laugh or cry...'
'Argh, I can't find a matching BGM with this scene! But I already use so many music -and the size of the game is already -' blablabla and so on and so on :'))

PS: And thanks for the auto-save suggestion!
I'll work on it! >:D
In music, the BGM already fits o3o It's just a matter of transition for me btw o3o
I'm not quite familiar with Novelty since I'm a Ren'Py yandere, but can't Novelty use ogg format for audio file? ogg format tends to use less storage. But... It'll be a pain in dat booty to replace ALL files just because the format of each songs is changed.

About the Rama, I did sound too mean, wasn't I? QvQ
It's just a matter of appearance, actually. His personality hit me hard (?) Sometimes in that scenario people will be just like "eh, deez nuts is jokin'" but Rama here is like "You say me jokin', you'll get the beatin'." That playful personality oh my God- I tend to hate two-faced character, but Rama's no joke, alright. His awesomeness will keep shining in my heart :)
BUT TAMARA'S DADDY'S MINE. NO ONE SHALL EVER except his wife and daughter and of course the author TAKE THAT BISHIE FROM HEAVUNZU.Kidding tho. I'm actually surprised that I'm the first one to love his papa XD

About the crashing, I thought for a while and it might've been the engine to create the VN. Or maybe, my laptop sucks. My laptop can't play games like Yandere Simulator in the normal pace (I mean like, I play it in 7 FPS. 7, not 70, 7.), and <i>maybe</i> it's my computer. I don't know about other people's experience.
Oh, and by crash, it's not like the game suddenly quits, it's just the game suddenly stops, but then will return fine again. But yeah, when there's an amazing game, the players won't even give a damn about bugs and crashes!

Therefore, thank you for this amazing game, and mostly your commitment to make it!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 12/7/2105

#427 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys, my internet is doing funny things and wacky since 3 days ago :S
I spend my time resetting the modem multiple times! Seriously. Even posting this update is hard as heck -it drove me up to a wall! Oh, the things I do for you my dear viewers :')

Anyway, things are going well and I'm waiting for the beta testers to find bugs/problems with the full version. they're working hard and I'm very grateful since they found so many bugs already! and even have to re-play it since they found a major bug in it OTL
If things go well, maybe I can finally introduce my baby to all of you next week ;)

Finished:
-Auto -save is done! It will automatically save your file and put it in 4th page of Save Screen (Click button Auto S.)
-more fixing bugs

Meanwhile, enjoy this bonus pic of Mitra I promised <3
PS: Since my internet is still disobedient, I won't be replying for awhile, but I do read it! >.<
all I can say is that I'm very happy with how many people waiting for this to complete and thank you for the support! It wont be long now ~

xoxo,
SweetChiel

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#428 Post by try10 »

Thank you for the update! This made my day and I really hope your internet problem will be solved. I shall be waiting patiently for the release. :) Take your time and take care of yourself!
Have a wonderful week! :D
Now, I'm going to stare at that wonderful picture for a couple of minutes... :oops:

CatyCats
Regular

#429 Post by CatyCats »

I just had to comment on this: Oh my gosh I love the pic! Fits his image and he's still my first choice! Mitra <3

I'm sad to hear about the internet connection, bleh Dx
Anyhow how are you? Graduated right? I'm fine, having test in those last 2 weeks of Christmas Vacation grrr !! The teachers sucks, keep telling me I pronounce my name wrong in that language, wtf xD.The English teacher...that's not even English at all..

tamacitas
Regular

Re: UPDATE 12/7/2105

#430 Post by tamacitas »

SweetChiel wrote: Finished:
-Auto -save is done! It will automatically save your file and put it in 4th page of Save Screen (Click button Auto S.)
-more fixing bugs
YAY more bugs fixing! Good luck on that o3o
SweetChiel wrote:Meanwhile, enjoy this bonus pic of Mitra I promised <3
"Can I order one Avian-Carnivore for me to 'eat'?" //lolwutno

Reiyane

#431 Post by Reiyane »

Waaaah Chiel, posting that kind of picture and tell us to wait some more... you are so cruel! T.T

Btw, are you the one drawing those pictures? They are really lovely! I'm a fan :)

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#432 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Lovely pic you have there. I can't wait to the final release :D
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#433 Post by SweetChiel »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:So hyped when I saw this will be finished soon!
I wish you all the best for this project and hopefully more project in the future! (and especially if it can include more about Indonesian culture <3) will try the demo after I'm finished with my final exams ><//

and I've been stalking this but I need to say it, that this have pretty arts, nice concept and that awesome trailer!
At first I thought it based on Dayak tribe, but I see it's based on many cultures, I do hope it'll be there somewhere xD

This is an inspiration for me to not give up c:
I never finished my own started project, so seeing you progressing steadily motivates me a lot, thank you for making this! Semangat!
Hi Yuuki!
You're very welcome!
-and thank you for stalking supporting me and I'm very flattered that this project inspires you! :'3
I'm sure your project will be just fine if we make it little by little "sikit2 jadi bukit" (little by little will become a hill) this proverb is one of the things that pushed me until this far x'D
If I can, you can too! Believe in yourself! >:D

Other than that, I'm looking forward to your review for the full version :'3
CRMson Angel wrote:;-; The site stopped sending me emails so I was panicking then I saw its almost finished and I died. I hope where ever I go has wifi so I can download this *fades away into death's arms* lol I'm so excited X3
Nooo, you can't die yet CRMson! Not before you get the handsome boys hahahahah, I mean before playing this xDD
thank you for your support! Just a lil bit longer now! :D
Kumiho wrote:All I can say [for now] is that the art is so, so beautiful.
I haven't played the demo yet, but I just really needed to say ^.
I've currently downloading it, and I'm super excited!
I'll comment again afterwards:)
Thanks Kumiho!
I'll also look forward to your review! xD
Nothing makes me more happier than what do you think about this VN :3

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#434 Post by SweetChiel »

Lesleigh63 wrote:You're really making progress. Looking forward to seeing it completed.
Of course! just a lil bit more xD
kyakyakyu wrote: In music, the BGM already fits o3o It's just a matter of transition for me btw o3o
I'm not quite familiar with Novelty since I'm a Ren'Py yandere, but can't Novelty use ogg format for audio file? ogg format tends to use less storage. But... It'll be a pain in dat booty to replace ALL files just because the format of each songs is changed.

About the Rama, I did sound too mean, wasn't I? QvQ
It's just a matter of appearance, actually. His personality hit me hard (?) Sometimes in that scenario people will be just like "eh, deez nuts is jokin'" but Rama here is like "You say me jokin', you'll get the beatin'." That playful personality oh my God- I tend to hate two-faced character, but Rama's no joke, alright. His awesomeness will keep shining in my heart :)
BUT TAMARA'S DADDY'S MINE. NO ONE SHALL EVER except his wife and daughter and of course the author TAKE THAT BISHIE FROM HEAVUNZU.Kidding tho. I'm actually surprised that I'm the first one to love his papa XD

About the crashing, I thought for a while and it might've been the engine to create the VN. Or maybe, my laptop sucks. My laptop can't play games like Yandere Simulator in the normal pace (I mean like, I play it in 7 FPS. 7, not 70, 7.), and <i>maybe</i> it's my computer. I don't know about other people's experience.
Oh, and by crash, it's not like the game suddenly quits, it's just the game suddenly stops, but then will return fine again. But yeah, when there's an amazing game, the players won't even give a damn about bugs and crashes!

Therefore, thank you for this amazing game, and mostly your commitment to make it!
Hi kyakyakyu!
and Yes, I already converted all BGMs and SFX to .ogg but they still managed to get the majority of the data size :'D

Wow you're a Ren'Py programmer? That's so cool! I wish I can too ><
there's a lot of bugs in novelty and I found a new one; it makes BGMs stop in the middle of a battle scene -Isn't that illegal?! D: It disturb the epicness of the scene!

About the crashing,
it might be better to close other windows before playing this and to play in in window mode to lessen crash chances >.<
This happened awfully a lot to me too at first, and I think it has something to do with the processor or VGA?
I dunno but be careful and save often -especially if you press ctrl or space to skip text >.<

try10 wrote:Thank you for the update! This made my day and I really hope your internet problem will be solved. I shall be waiting patiently for the release. :) Take your time and take care of yourself!
Have a wonderful week! :D
Now, I'm going to stare at that wonderful picture for a couple of minutes... :oops:
I hope so too try10! D:
the internet is driving me crazy until now, and I ended up going to a mall just for free-internet OTL
Well, at least you're having a better week than mine xD

and Lol, take a photo or save it, it last longer that way :9
CatyCats wrote:I just had to comment on this: Oh my gosh I love the pic! Fits his image and he's still my first choice! Mitra <3

I'm sad to hear about the internet connection, bleh Dx
Anyhow how are you? Graduated right? I'm fine, having test in those last 2 weeks of Christmas Vacation grrr !! The teachers sucks, keep telling me I pronounce my name wrong in that language, wtf xD.The English teacher...that's not even English at all..
Hi CatyCats!
Thanks and I'm glad you like the pic :'3
Things are well and graduation is a good memory to hold, EXCEPT my internet.
My internet has been down since the last 4 days and it drives me crazy! D:

But hey, I'm sure you can do your tests just fine :3 Just think of my boys waiting for you at the end of the tests <3
hahahahah, your english teacher sounds tiring x'D
Pronounce your name? Is it also tested? My gosh
Reiyane wrote:Waaaah Chiel, posting that kind of picture and tell us to wait some more... you are so cruel! T.T

Btw, are you the one drawing those pictures? They are really lovely! I'm a fan :)
Hahahahh, be patient a little more darling!
He's coming really soon! xD

and yeah, I'm the one who draw it. Surprised? It's a different style from the visual novel, but I did that for the sake of quality control <3
tiya_nofurita wrote:Lovely pic you have there. I can't wait to the final release :D
Hi tiya!
thank you and stay tuned! xD It's not gonna be long!

tamacitas
Regular

#435 Post by tamacitas »

SweetChiel wrote:Wow you're a Ren'Py programmer? That's so cool! I wish I can too ><
Eh, coding in Ren'Py is really, really easy! There are lots of resources for tutorial: Ren'Py's documentation itself, Cookbook, or even this forum! :D But yeah, sometimes it just confused me up. I'm rewriting my script and sometimes I got stuck even if it's in the simplest part, but I have a guide (which is the dear notes I can open in NotePad) to know which part I'm writing. Just try things with it! It's fun to code, you know :3
SweetChiel wrote:there's a lot of bugs in novelty and I found a new one; it makes BGMs stop in the middle of a battle scene
Wait a minute. WAIT A MINUTE.
Are you saying that this game has a fighting scene?
Pardon me, but I didn't check the updates right on the top of the 29th page QvQ WOW. WOWOWOW. I couldn't imagine Rama dark version vs Reksa. I CAN'T, THAT WILL BE AWESUM-
SweetChiel wrote:About the crashing,
it might be better to close other windows before playing this and to play in in window mode to lessen crash chances >.<
This happened awfully a lot to me too at first, and I think it has something to do with the processor or VGA?
I dunno but be careful and save often -especially if you press ctrl or space to skip text >.<
I will! Thanks for the tips ayy~