Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV 17

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

Re: Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV

#226 Post by SweetChiel »

Bouki wrote:My my, would you look at this, I haven't logged in for a month and you graduated college, even got an internship in your dream studio, getting closer and closer to achieving your dreams... *starts to tear up* Really, that must feel awesome if Caravan Studio means that much to you! So congrats on the graduation (good thing you don't have to worry about stupid presentations anymore lol) and your internship. Hope eeeeeverything in your life goes well and they hire you. (pffft, of course they will. It's not like they can find someone better, right? 8) )
Ahem, anyway, I'm excited about your progress. I wonder how week 2's events will be like :3 We should wait and see~ Until next time, good luck with your life and your project!
Nice to see you again miss Bouki! :D
Sorry for this late reply >_<
I'm not graduated yet but soon! :D After this internship training I'll have another presentation and hopefully I can graduate officially in September! *happy dance*
Amen for Caravan Studio hiring me! xD I'm still a little nervous about it since there's bound to be a lot of capable people there and my friend said I'm going to have some mental pressure from skilled people lol but I'm not gonna back down that easy! >:D

Yup, Mitra & Rama's Week 2 Event are now being Beta'ed by my grammar-sparta-friend, things are going well but I wish I can do the scriptwriter faster D: (maybe 2 chapter perweek) but then again I gotta work at internship training from 10AM to 6 PM. Hmm, lets just see.

Thank you for visiting miss Bouki! :D
your support makes me happy as always :3 *hugs*
Sora-Kuroi wrote:Hello! I'm so excited that I could finally play the demo!

1. Which character interests you the most? Why?

Reksa ♥ it doesn't really see like he's a bad guy so I want to try to know him better! besides he's the only one that's not an avian so I'm really interested about him.

2. How was the pacing of the story? Was it too fast or too slow?

I think it was ok. It wasn't too fast or too slow.

3. After waiting for 4 months, did the demo meet your expectations? If not, please tell me why.

I LOVED IT! ♥♥♥♥ I couldn't play the demo before because of life issues but I'm so happy that I could play it now! I'm really really looking forward for the full game!!

4. Any questions about the game or characters? I'll answer them spoiler-free of course :D Feedbacks/Critiques? They're more than welcome!

I love the relationship of Asih and Yuda!!! ♥♥ and I love how Asih translates Yuda's words xDDDD
Yay! I'm glad you like the demo miss Sora-Kuroi! :D
now without further ado here's your replies:
1. Thank you! Many people here want to get to know him too :3 boy, am I glad my baby is so loved!
2. Amen! xD another weight off my shoulder
3. QuQ *tears up & gives u a hug* aww thank you! really! I'm so glad you're so enthusiastic about it :') it means so much for me! Please do look forward!
4. I also have fun writing Yuda's dialogues :')) he's somehow managed to annoy and amuse me in the same time lol. Glad to know you like this pairing~ :3

Stay tuned and visit me again sometimes miss Sora-Kuroi! c:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 3/3/2015

#227 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! How are you? I hope you have a good weekend and Monday :D
I started my intern yesterday and boy, masterpieces everywhere :')) they blinded my eyes and made me threw up rainbows. Things are going fine and I got my first job! *YAY* sry for a day late again >< The first thing I do when I went home is crashing the bed.

*ahem* about the update:
my friend haven't finished Beta-ing Week 2's events but I managed to write Reksa's week 2 draft event :D
I'll dedicate my weekends to keep the script going since I don't think I'll have time to write some in work-days. Oh, and I have to write another essay and have another presentation about my intern :(

Well, I hope all of you have another good day! :D
that's it for now and thanks for visiting!
xoxo, SweetChiel

Kikaharu
Regular

#228 Post by Kikaharu »

that's good seems like you are having a better week than me. XD I'm sick so I haven't even been online to check this.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#229 Post by SweetChiel »

Kikaharu wrote:that's good seems like you are having a better week than me. XD I'm sick so I haven't even been online to check this.
I'm sorry to hear that miss Kikaharu :(
I hope you'll get better soon! Rest well, eat lots of warm food, and don't forget to drink lots :)
and Don't worry I'll be here every week :D when you didn't have time to check, the updates will continue to stack up here c: so you'll have more to read <3

thank you for visiting miss Kikaharu! :D

Kikaharu
Regular

#230 Post by Kikaharu »

haha thanks SweetChiel :) I am still sick but I am actually getting better so. :)

Kikaharu
Regular

#231 Post by Kikaharu »

I know that I posted before and I know it hasn't been a week yet but I'm really curious as how things are evolving and stuff. ^^

bloodband

#232 Post by bloodband »

I finally got around to playing the demo for this!

1. Which character stands out the most for you? Why?
Rama. I like his look(and scars) and after playing, I like how creepy he is. I'm wondering if he's yandere? He gives me creep vibes like Tei from Nameless... especially the eyes. I also really like Reksa, but it will really depend on what kind of dynamic the relationship between him and Tamara will have. Mitra I like the most in terms of design, but I really dislike children and nothing about his personality *so far* has me interested...

I really liked the pacing actually. I prefer things to have lots of exposition and explain things. I like hearing the MC's inner thoughts too.

3. After waiting for 4 months, did the demo meet your expectations? If not, please tell me why.
Well I wasn't waiting as I only recently discovered these forums, but it's a very nice demo. Lots of good backgrounds, sound effects and GUI. I love the art style too. Other than it being in a program I've never used before and the couple crashes...

4. Any questions about the game or characters? I'll answer them spoiler-free of course :D Feedbacks/Critiques? They're more than welcome!
The only question I really have is how many choices will this game have? More like a visual novel where you just chose the right answers to get the right endings I'm assuming?

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#233 Post by SweetChiel »

Kikaharu wrote:haha thanks SweetChiel :) I am still sick but I am actually getting better so. :)
Amen! I'm glad to hear that miss Kikaharu :D
I do hope you have a better weekend than me tho (things have been a bit rough with my intern. Let's just say it's stricter than I thought and I do something I thought I could but ended up being lectured. I felt stupid and embarassed the next day x_x)

Well, I managed to finish Mitra & Rama's Week 3 Events this week xD (YAY) but maybe I'll rewrite and add some stuff in it. Each event will be about 1k-2k words :3
I also wrote some minor things like intros in the mornings and I think I'll write some filler soon but let's just hope my work will finish faster.

Thanks for visiting and see you later miss Kikaharu! I really like it when someone came and ask me about an update c:
bloodband wrote:I finally got around to playing the demo for this!

1. Which character stands out the most for you? Why?
Rama. I like his look(and scars) and after playing, I like how creepy he is. I'm wondering if he's yandere? He gives me creep vibes like Tei from Nameless... especially the eyes. I also really like Reksa, but it will really depend on what kind of dynamic the relationship between him and Tamara will have. Mitra I like the most in terms of design, but I really dislike children and nothing about his personality *so far* has me interested...

I really liked the pacing actually. I prefer things to have lots of exposition and explain things. I like hearing the MC's inner thoughts too.

Well I wasn't waiting as I only recently discovered these forums, but it's a very nice demo. Lots of good backgrounds, sound effects and GUI. I love the art style too. Other than it being in a program I've never used before and the couple crashes...

The only question I really have is how many choices will this game have? More like a visual novel where you just chose the right answers to get the right endings I'm assuming?
Hi miss bloodband! :D Thank you fot coming and here are your replies:
1. oh lol that's the first time someone suspecting Rama as a yandere xD I won't answer that, but let's just say if you like mystery and drama, Rama's the one for you :p
I'm really happy you like my babies tho! :D

2. Amen! Another weight off my shoulders! :D

3. yes, I recommend to play this in window mode for less chances of getting crashed. Novelty is still WIP after all >< forgive my incompetence since I STILL can't figure out how to use Ren'Py OTL but you really flatter me with liking the GUIs and other assets as well ;u; thank you!

4. yes you're right! this will be a classic visual novel (no games yet) and your choices will led you to one of the boys path. There will be a total of 6 endings (each boys will have a sad & happy ending) + 1 normal ending. Pray for me so I can write the script faster >:D

thanks again for reviewing my WIP VN! :D I update once a week and now focusing on writing the script. It's rather slow now with me having an intern training and another essay to write.

See you next week miss bloodband! :)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 3/23/2015

#234 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys, how are you? :D
I'm glad to tell you that, the scriptwriting is on 60% now! (YAY)
I've just finished writing Reksa's Week 3 Event. That means week 3 draft is done for all bachelors! xD
I just need to write about 10-12 chapters(1k-2k words for each chapter) each + a little fillers until it finished!! (Man, I'm just so happy to have gone this far in writing. It's the first time I write my own story so please bear with my giddiness <3)

Intern is intense as usual. I want to write more than 1 chapter in 1 week, but my body won't hold out with all the work I have here :')

alright. I better get to work again now, see you again guys! :D

Kikaharu
Regular

#235 Post by Kikaharu »

Giddiness is always good. :) I think you should always be happy and excited about your own work when you do it so :) Also don't worry that you are getting about 1 chapter done a week, look you got 60% of the scriptwriting done. Like that's a lot :) be happy you are at least getting somewhere even though there is a bit left to write yet you still got a lot done. :)

Kikaharu
Regular

#236 Post by Kikaharu »

Hello, it's almost been a week how did it go this week? :) Hopefully you are having a good time.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#237 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Just want to say I loved the demo, and am patiently awaiting more :)
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#238 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi miss Kikaharu & miss Hazel-Bun!
It's so good to see you two here first thing in the morning xD

I'm also very happy to tell you that I was on a roll last week!
I've found out that I could make some backgrounds/assets for this VN every thursday by labelling it as 'portfolio' and guess what?
Look what I did last week:
- 1 background done!
- 2 WIP background (75% & 30%)
- 1.2k on Rama's Week 4 event (50% or so. I may revise all of it since Rama is the hardest for me to write about.)
- revised Reksa's week 3 event

and darn, I'm so pleased with all the progress! I hope you guys too c:
I'll upload one background for the next 3 weeks <3
here's one for today:
Hmm, can you guess whose village is this? :p I haven't test it on fullscreen and it's kind of fastpaint so please excuse me if there's any drop on the quality
Wooooooottt, see you next week my darlings! :D

ixWishing
Veteran

#239 Post by ixWishing »

↑↑ I'm guessing the Liang Ndara Village? No clue xD
But whoa, the quality is still amazing, despite you saying you fast painted it! o:
I'm going to continue to silently lurk on your thread~
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Kikaharu
Regular

#240 Post by Kikaharu »

I agree with ixWishing probably Liang Ndara Village. because the Digdaya Village we know from the demo where they are. and we already seen the Loma Village unless you are redoing the looks of villages.