Valentines otome [GxB][VN] RELEASED!!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN] demo out

#91 Post by 15385bic »

khnachi wrote:Oh wow, the character designs of those two look lovely. Oh and the count with long hair. :9
just another costume/wig :P
Junesong wrote:I absolutely LOVED Halloween Otome, so I will definitely play this one when it comes out! ^_^
i hope you do =D

So we are currently testing out Tyranobuilder’s Live2D abilities (its super complicted @_@). It is meant to be played online in your browser (only because the windows version ony worked on hlf the computers we tried OTL). It may show a black screen for a while while it’s loading, but that’s completely normal.

Let us know what you think!
https://7cf536ec1a3cdcbb775164f6942162 ... llVkdmc0k/

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer
Organization: Moonlight Avenue, Inc.; Anomalis

#92 Post by Laera-chan »

It's pretty cool! Not sure how much space it would take up on the computer when you download it, but it would be cool. Course, my comp overheats something horrible with some of the new games, and I have to quit playing them for a while to prevent a forced shutdown, so maybe a version made like HO would be good for those of us with old(er) computers. Still, if you only want to do this live 2D version, I'd give it a shot, and deal with having to stop multiple times. That's how much I can't wait for this. :D

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#93 Post by 15385bic »

Laera-chan wrote:It's pretty cool! Not sure how much space it would take up on the computer when you download it, but it would be cool. Course, my comp overheats something horrible with some of the new games, and I have to quit playing them for a while to prevent a forced shutdown, so maybe a version made like HO would be good for those of us with old(er) computers. Still, if you only want to do this live 2D version, I'd give it a shot, and deal with having to stop multiple times. That's how much I can't wait for this. :D
well at this moment in time we're not sure whether it'd be in live2d because of programming issues. On some computers it appears but other ones it doesnt OTL
so yeah - really wish renpy would support Live2d >_>'''

neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

#94 Post by neuropsy »

I really enjoyed the demo!

The main character being a sly flirt is something I rarely, if ever, see in visual novels. She's great. I laughed at the part where she exchanged science pick-up lines with the teacher, since I'm a science major myself. xD Out of everyone, she has to be my favorite character. Her lines drew a lot of grins and chuckles from me. I also really love Emma's design, especially her "so done with you" expression.

The art in general is great, and I have to say, their faces really capture everyone's personalities well, especially MC's. I like the textbox's design, as well.

I was actually wondering what the animal on the icon was, thinking it was really cute but a bit random,
and then Emma's surprise came in. Ahaha, that was great!
Why, why, why did it have to end there, though? T_T I'm dangling off a cliff here, you know!

The only critique I have is that for some reason, sometimes the text sometimes took a while to load (maybe because of the animated sprites?) or just didn't load at all, so I had to keep pressing my spacebar. If possible, I also think adding music to the demo would be a big plus too, but I still enjoyed the demo nonetheless! As for your questions...

1) Would you play this - even if the protag is a little questionable? >_>

Yep! In fact, the protagonist being "questionable" makes it all the more entertaining for me.

2) Do any of the characters catch your eye? Also why :P

I'm really drawn to Emma's design, but I know she is happily in a committed relationship right now. I also really like MC's expressions for some reason. Maybe because it really conveys her flirty personality? I have to say though, Daire's first CG is fine.

3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games?

I usually prefer not to play mini-games in visual novels, so not at all!

As for the character sprites, it's crowded, but it didn't bother me at all. However, I am rather air-headed, and so I'd forget names and had to figure which character was talking. I don't know if it's just me though, as I am very spacey.

And one last comment--I named the MC after my best friend and live reacted as I played over text, so everything was made all the more entertaining for me. I kid you not, when I mentioned the teacher, she asked: "Is he hot?" The unintentional shared dialogue between MC and her just made my night.
"Everyone was jumping a giant jump rope, but I was too scared to join. I was hesitant, like a child, always waiting for you."
Current Project: Emissary of Starlight

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#95 Post by 15385bic »

@neuropsy
I was actually wondering what the animal on the icon was, thinking it was really cute but a bit random,

That animal is our mascot Kippy...

Why, why, why did it have to end there, though? T_T I'm dangling off a cliff here, you know!
Thats the point :P

The only critique I have is that for some reason, sometimes the text sometimes took a while to load (maybe because of the animated sprites?) or just didn't load at all, so I had to keep pressing my spacebar.
I'm not sure - because there are a lot of images it takes more to run. So a computer with better specs runs this better than ones that dont.

And thanks for the feedback =D

Alia
Regular

#96 Post by Alia »

...and now that I've tried a Voltage game for the first time, I'm especially looking forward to a game with a protagonist whose defining characteristic isn't meekness...

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#97 Post by sakurakimuchi »

Hey there, how are ya?
So, first of all I just wanted to say that you are a wonderful person, and I wanna thank you so much for doing a game like Halloween Otome, because really, that game is perfect. I am a huge Halloween nerd and it's like my favorite holiday ever (even though where I live people don't celebrate Halloween and it's not even a holiday, how sad is that?) but what makes me love your game so much is not just that but also the plot, the lovely art, the mini games, and pretty much everything (but especially...the COUNT!! He is one of my all time favorite characters. Seriously, before playing the game I couldn't even remember when was the last time that a otome guy gave me that much feels as him. I almost skipped class to finish his route because damn, I would marry that guy in a heartbeat even if marriage is something that I don't even consider for my life, but anyway, for him I would... I mean, if I was a 2D otome gal, lol. I will shut up now, okay?).
But moving on... I haven't played the demo yet, but I will play it later and after that I will edit and update this post (or just write another one lol).

Are you kidding me? Questionable, really? Haha. I must say that I am pretty excited for this game considering how much I loved Halloween Otome and how much I liked Mira in that game. She appears for such a short time, but she looks like a fun character and in some ways I liked her more than I liked the player character of the game lol. She is also funny, and is one of the best main characters of otome games but sometimes her love for food or her short temper and idk, short of brute personality seemed a little bit exaggerated to me (?) dunno why. But Mira, and the other hand, is more like a real person and it's the type of girl I would want as a friend.
YES! Daire because I liked his personality ( and alsobecauseI love boys with glasses, but I prefer them in games because real guys with glasses aren't THAT good-looking as Daire lol xD) and Zane, his story is pretty interesting and caught my attention.
3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games? (there may be something that we're adding called M-mode but that's still in the works for now)
Not at all, really. I liked the mini-games in Halloween Otome because aside from being fun they matched the theme of the game and the whole plot, but that's not necessary for VO, so don't worry about that.

Luni-Vi

#98 Post by Luni-Vi »

I just played the demo, and I have to say I love it! I really love Mira and the 3 bachelors~

Yes, definitely! And I don't know what you mean by questionable omg, she's so confident and sassy and sexy! I'm a girl who's tall and also has a rather bombshell body lol, I only ever see my body type and personality in hentai games and ecchi anime :( It makes me so happy that there's an MC in an otome game with my body type :)

I love how Mira is so confident and pretty, and the way she flirts with all the guys is so funny~ I enjoyed seeing her interactions, and how she's so chill about everything. She's totally a great MC! I'd love to play this just because of the protag xD
I really liked how when Zane called her "desperate" she didn't bat an eyelid even though it was kinda a jibe, she just smoothly "oh then I need to change my tactics :wink: ". It was really calm and cool of her! The part where she woke up and is like "oh did I get some last night? Go me~!" was also super cute :lol:

All 3 of them catch my eye! Daire caught my eye simply because of his elegant looks, and the mention about a workaholic side was interesting. Zane caught my eye from how he changed from uninterested to suddenly this killer mode bad boy lmao. Caverly seemed cute, especially the science puns was really funny! I liked all of them because they can change from normal to suddenly bad boy flirty badasses hehe

3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games? (there may be something that we're adding called M-mode but that's still in the works for now)
I wouldn't be disappointed at all! I like minigames but having no minigames is also okay~

I think that having all the characters on the screen is a little messy, but it would be awkard to have them popping in and out. Maybe you could resize them so they're smaller when they're all together? I also thought the text box was a little too big, it can be resized! All in all this was a really fun demo to play and I'm looking forward to the full game!! I hope you're doing well!! Fighting!! :mrgreen:

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#99 Post by 15385bic »

Alia wrote:...and now that I've tried a Voltage game for the first time, I'm especially looking forward to a game with a protagonist whose defining characteristic isn't meekness...
seems like a lot of girls feel that way - i dont mind some meekness as long as there's also personality ^^' - Mira definitely wont be meek though
Luni-Vi wrote: I think that having all the characters on the screen is a little messy, but it would be awkard to have them popping in and out. Maybe you could resize them so they're smaller when they're all together? I also thought the text box was a little too big, it can be resized!
we will definitely fiddle around with this a bit more =]
Luni-Vi wrote:I'm a girl who's tall and also has a rather bombshell body lol, I only ever see my body type and personality in hentai games and ecchi anime :( It makes me so happy that there's an MC in an otome game with my body type :)
Great to hear that someone is actually this body shape! Usually i just get the complaints that she a typical perverted anime character with oversized boobs and im like "there are people in the world that have mega curves u know? - my cousin being one of them (size 8 FF >_>)

But thank you guys for showing your support
We know it’s been a year since we’ve released the Valentines Otome Demo with seemingly little progress, but we are working on it! It’s just slow going thanks to us both being busy IRL. We do post small updates and sneak peaks on the forum when there’s interest though if anyone wants to check that out.
Word count: ~ 70 000 <- nowhere near finished - this will be much longer than Halloween Otome OTL
Art: partially done (but not sure how much will be in this game ^^')
Sprites: 70%?
Music: Zilch - we will think about this once we're programming

Still, we wanted to take the time out to wish everyone a safe and happy festive season.
-------
Also the game has been changed to stats raising (cant seem to edit the first post for some reason).....Hate? / Like?

reveris

#100 Post by reveris »

Hello! Just dropping by to give my two cents but as someone who dislikes statraisers, i'm disappointed to hear that this game will now be one when I enjoyed the demo and your previous game. But if you can manage to somehow make the statraising not seem as though it's there to be a filler to hide a lack of story, then I would definitely be willing to try and give the benefit of the doubt.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#101 Post by 15385bic »

reveris wrote:Hello! Just dropping by to give my two cents but as someone who dislikes statraisers, i'm disappointed to hear that this game will now be one when I enjoyed the demo and your previous game. But if you can manage to somehow make the statraising not seem as though it's there to be a filler to hide a lack of story, then I would definitely be willing to try and give the benefit of the doubt.
Guess there will be a lot of people who dislike stats raisers but some of my favourite otomes are stat raisers (love revo, tokimeki girl side and dandelion - actually these are probably the games that inspired me to want to make my own)

If you're worried about lack of story - I'd say Valentines Otome is going to be a lot longer than our previous game judging by what we've written so far (way less stat raising).
Also the stat raiser mechanic helps with stuff like spending time with the girls and seeing Ems wih her guys
It's basically a way to make it more interactive at this point >_>
Because the stat raiser is done in a way where it shows what your priorities are and how you spend your time
You can choose to spend your time with your girl friends or at the boutique or with a guy or at work... Or at the bar drinking.
So hopefully you wont find it as tedious? ^^'. We will see >_> <_<

Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

#102 Post by Corynth »

It's the 2 year anniversary of the full release of Halloween Otome!

In celebration, here's an update on the status of VO:
The game contains 8,584 dialogue blocks, containing 100,673 words and 519,691
characters, for an average of 11.7 words and 61 characters per block.
That's right. VO has hit the 100K mark and is still far from finished. It is definitely going to be much longer than HO's 85K+ word count.

VO has a bunch of fun events, but overall I feel like it's more serious than Halloween Otome was(Not that that's hard to be, mind you). There's definitely going to be a lot of content and replay value, that's for sure.

There'll also be this guy(Still a work in progress):
Attachments
This Guy.jpg

Katreeni
Deviantart: Katreeni

#103 Post by Katreeni »

Hi from Belarus~ And sorry for my french^^

First of all, halloween otome is my favourite.. And when I realized that there is VO, I was surprized and happy)

Yep ;) Even in English) It will be useful.^^

Daire. DaireDaireDaire) I`m fond of dark-haired mans in glasses.. And of serious . As Landon)))

I love your otome for the story and the characters, mini-games.. it`s just a nice bonus) So I`m not disappointed)

I wish you more strength . And I know I'm not the only person, who is waiting for your game)

Katreeni
Deviantart: Katreeni

#104 Post by Katreeni »

The new char is very cute*--*
I want to read a little bit of dialoge with him^^
*still waiting*

TazTheFirst
IRC Nick: Taz
Tumblr: tazthefirst

#105 Post by TazTheFirst »