Valentines otome [GxB][VN] RELEASED!!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Alia
Regular

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN] demo out

#121 Post by Alia »

I'm with Amberbaum on this one. *sniffle*
Corynth wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:12 am Let us know what you think!
Okay!

Rayner: Purple, green, and black; slender build, confident pose... I'm definitely looking forward to seeing whether the snark is good-natured.

Siyan: Hair looks like she's a relation to Osiria (half-sister or cousin?) Siyan's quote sounds formal and almost subservient so maybe she's in a support position for the Sterling family? But we know Osiria is a Sterling... It'd seem unusual to have family serving family, but with her outfit matching Reiyd's it's got to be a uniform of some sort. Hmmm.

Reiyd: From the direction his nose and chin are facing, he seems to have a bit of a case of sidemouth. Maybe shorten and scoot it to the viewer's left?
Same outfit as Siyan; associated with "the House of Sterling?" Also like her his unusual hair and eye colors match.
Oooh, is he Puppy Butler? I've been hoping we eventually get to see Osiria's puppy-butler, but I can't remember his name.

Anabelle: I like the partially-swept-back look of her hair! Hmm, the style of her eyes is much more like Em's (and perhaps Maia's?) than anyone else's. Is that significant?
The way she makes a suit jacket look so casual and... comfy? lived-in?... makes me really interested to learn about her personality.
Is she a large/sturdy woman or is her sprite more of a close-up? (Curiosity, not critique.)

Kaye: His outfit is charming. Seriously, the way you've textured the neckerchief, gem, and rose... he is fine, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a sucker for formalwear. (Though I totally am.) Since he's Keeper Inc related, the white pattern on the lapels must be meant to invoke Kippy-wings, yes? Nice. What is the wrapped thing showing behind his arm?

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#122 Post by 15385bic »

Amberbaum wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:04 am *looks at side characters......gets grabby fingers...remembers tumblr post from winter wolves*
Awwww :cry: :P
I know the feeling...
Alia wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:19 am I'm with Amberbaum on this one. *sniffle*

Okay!

Rayner: Purple, green, and black; slender build, confident pose... I'm definitely looking forward to seeing whether the snark is good-natured.

Siyan: Hair looks like she's a relation to Osiria (half-sister or cousin?) Siyan's quote sounds formal and almost subservient so maybe she's in a support position for the Sterling family? But we know Osiria is a Sterling... It'd seem unusual to have family serving family, but with her outfit matching Reiyd's it's got to be a uniform of some sort. Hmmm.

Reiyd: From the direction his nose and chin are facing, he seems to have a bit of a case of sidemouth. Maybe shorten and scoot it to the viewer's left?
Same outfit as Siyan; associated with "the House of Sterling?" Also like her his unusual hair and eye colors match.
Oooh, is he Puppy Butler? I've been hoping we eventually get to see Osiria's puppy-butler, but I can't remember his name.

Anabelle: I like the partially-swept-back look of her hair! Hmm, the style of her eyes is much more like Em's (and perhaps Maia's?) than anyone else's. Is that significant?
The way she makes a suit jacket look so casual and... comfy? lived-in?... makes me really interested to learn about her personality.
Is she a large/sturdy woman or is her sprite more of a close-up? (Curiosity, not critique.)

Kaye: His outfit is charming. Seriously, the way you've textured the neckerchief, gem, and rose... he is fine, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a sucker for formalwear. (Though I totally am.) Since he's Keeper Inc related, the white pattern on the lapels must be meant to invoke Kippy-wings, yes? Nice. What is the wrapped thing showing behind his arm?
Rayner: snark or good natured? Hmmmm. Both lol.

Siyan and Reiyd: yes they're wearing a uniform. He ain't puppy butler - even I don't know what the guy looks like yet lol. (And yeah his Sprite is more side >_>' I refuse to change him for now) Your observation towards Siyan is pretty good ;)

Anabelle: eh body type....nah she's just homely? Eyes? eh well. All anime characters look the same? ^^'

Kaye: wings.....I'm pretty sure that was a co incidence. A good one thou. Lol. wrapped thing is his hair. He has long long hair that he wraps up.

Thanks for your opinions! It's good to see what ppl really think of the characters at just a glance without knowing any back story yet. Hopefully ppl will come to like them even if they don't play a major role :)

Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

#123 Post by Corynth »

This is a preview of a BG that will be used in VO:
Now we know where that Erik doll really ended up...

What do you guys think about it?

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#124 Post by King-sama »

It's good to see what ppl really think of the characters at just a glance without knowing any back story yet. Hopefully ppl will come to like them even if they don't play a major role :)
I have one,
Rayner--> narcissist
Siyan--> arogant (her nose up the sky)
Reiyd--> controler-creepy (I believe you have drawn this guy before...I think he was shirtless, did he lose weight?)
Anabelle--> generic cute character who's shy and cheerful and helpful
Kaye (I imagined his hair will be brown or black)--> helpful? Formal? Mysterious maybe

It's nice to see the super old school uniform. Right now, I like Reiyd the most,will see if my opinion will change later : p

Congrats for finishing the writing

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#125 Post by 15385bic »

King-sama wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:54 am I have one,
Rayner--> narcissist
Siyan--> arogant (her nose up the sky)
Reiyd--> controler-creepy (I believe you have drawn this guy before...I think he was shirtless, did he lose weight?)
Anabelle--> generic cute character who's shy and cheerful and helpful
Kaye (I imagined his hair will be brown or black)--> helpful? Formal? Mysterious maybe

It's nice to see the super old school uniform. Right now, I like Reiyd the most,will see if my opinion will change later : p

Congrats for finishing the writing
Some of those are correct. Lol
Reiyd has always been a stick.
But yup recycling through old characters.
And can't be bothered to change the uniform 😘 but good to see u still recognise it 😀

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#126 Post by King-sama »

15385bic wrote: Some of those are correct. Lol
Reiyd has always been a stick.
But yup recycling through old characters.
And can't be bothered to change the uniform 😘 but good to see u still recognise it 😀
What does he eat? lol Sure, I have drawn it once, plus it's cool don't need to change
Which ones are the correct?

Corynth
Regular

#127 Post by Corynth »

It's been a while since the last update so here's another for the holidays:

Alia
Regular

#128 Post by Alia »

Excited!
...wait, what does "emoting" mean in this context?

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#129 Post by 15385bic »

Alia wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:47 pm Excited!
...wait, what does "emoting" mean in this context?
Emoting is putting in the character/Sprite expressions. It’s a tedious job though 😩

Katreeni
Deviantart: Katreeni

#130 Post by Katreeni »

YESSSS
*screaming*

Corynth
Regular

#131 Post by Corynth »

We’re now opening applications for beta testers and proofreaders of Valentines Otome.

In celebration of that, here’s a look at the opening video:

Please keep in mind that VO is rated 13+ for the following:

infrequent/mild sexual content/alcohol use (No smut though. Just no.)
Mentioned drug use
Adult themes
Possible tragedy/character death

If you’re interested please answer in the format below (Please PM your application to either bic or myself) and we’ll let you know if you’ve been selected to beta in a few days.

Name(What you want to be credited as):

Email:

Guy that you’re most interested in:

Did you play Halloween Otome?:

If so, which was your favourite Halloween Otome character?:

Computer Specifications:

Please only apply if you have enough free time to make several playthroughs.

Also note that you will be expected to write down the following as you test:

choices made(and points scored)
any typos found
any errors or inconsistencies that may come up
reactions/opinions

Please do not share the beta or spoilers with friends as we would prefer they wait for all the changes to be made rather than play a flawed game or be spoiled.

Alia
Regular

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN] Calling for BETAS

#132 Post by Alia »

So excited you're ready for beta!

Corynth
Regular

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN] Calling for BETAS

#133 Post by Corynth »

OK Closing Beta applications unless you're a linux user. Since we haven't got any betas with that platform yet.

Thanks to everyone that applied! We'll be contacting you in a couple of days.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN] :Beta application so closed

#134 Post by 15385bic »

Beta applications are officially closed. Thanks to all who have applied 😀

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN] :Beta applications closed

#135 Post by 15385bic »

Almost there to the release of Valentines Otome, sequel to the Halloween Otome Visual Novel

Tentative release date is Valentines day 2018~
It will be a Pay what you want game but you can also play for free ;]
Let the countdown begin!