Valentines otome [GxB][VN] RELEASED!!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN]

#46 Post by Lesleigh63 »

This looks good and by the makers of Halloween otome - I really enjoyed that.
1. As long as the protag is believable, I don't have an issue.
2. I want all of them.
3. Not overly fussed on mini-games.

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#47 Post by Ferdokki »

I agree with Mimi_Melody, Mira looks so gorgeous in that main menu shot! And everything in general looks super great! You guys are doing such an awesome job! ♥

LittleStrawberry

#48 Post by LittleStrawberry »

My money is ready to be donated the moment I see a download button for this game.

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer
Organization: Moonlight Avenue, Inc.; Anomalis

#49 Post by Laera-chan »

1) Would you play this - even if the protag is a little questionable? >_>
Yes. Mira is epic. I'd love to have her as a best friend/sister/what-the-frick-ever-just-get-in-my-life-already!!!!! :oops:
2) Do any of the characters catch your eye? Also why :P
Megane.... Daire... My love.... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games? (there may be something that we're adding called M-mode but that's still in the works for now)
To be honest, I loved the games in HO even though I had to look up a walkthrough for the slide puzzle :oops:, so yes, I think I'd be a little disappointed, but I'm so in love with Daire VO that I'd play without them. Mostly, I'm just sitting here, bouncing up and down going, "Publish! Publish! Publish! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaasse!!!!" :twisted: :oops:

lockpicklogic
Regular

#50 Post by lockpicklogic »

1) Would you play this - even if the protag is a little questionable? >_> - Definitely!!! Mira looks awesome :D
2) Do any of the characters catch your eye? Also why :P - With regards to eye-catching, Mira's hairstyle is unusual for a VN, and absolutely stunning. Also, Daaaiire :D
3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games? (there may be something that we're adding called M-mode but that's still in the works for now) - Na, mini-games are a bonus, not something I expect.
Please publish soon... please? :)

KanukoBlue1236

#51 Post by KanukoBlue1236 »

OMG IS THIS GONNA BE OUT BY VALENTINES DAY?! BECAUSE THAT'S LIKE 2 DAYS AFTER MY B-DAY AND I REEEEAAAAALLY WOULD LOVE THIS AS A B-DAY GIFT (it's kind of like a b-day gift right?) I so can't wait for the game to come out <--- been waiting since like August. I loved HO! Anyways the answers to your questions are below:

1) Would you play this - even if the protag is a little questionable? >_>
OF COURSE! In HO, I was wondering "Sooooo can I play as Mira, too?" AND NOW I CAN! And she's, like, the ideal bestie. She's beautiful AND fun (as in not a brat) AND loyal AND she's flirty (don't judge meh) so I love her (like a bestie. I have imaginary friends..... I'm so lonely)

2) Do any of the characters catch your eye? Also why :P
Uh... is all an option? xD I lurv all of them. Zane seems like he would be a player, Daire looks and sounds like he's the "silent, cool, and independent" type, and Kiron seems like he's going to be the guy who's gonna be the "gental" type, which is like really loyal and kind and such. I feel like he's going to be a little clumsy, too, but that might just be because I read too much manga x3 Anyways I love all of them!!!

3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games? (there may be something that we're adding called M-mode but that's still in the works for now)
Well, personally, I loved the mini-games, but I'm fine with there not being any. After I played Halloween Otome and then found this work-in-progress, my instinct: Jump around my bedroom screaming "OMG OMG PUBLISH IT!!!!" So even if there aren't any mini-games, I'm fine with it.
I love singing, acting, and writing! I love all sorts of games (I can only play windows games tho) even gore and smut (i know, big difference and kinda perverted, but dun judge) I LOVE NIGHTCORE

I don't have a dirty mind, I just have a sexy imagination. ~Linda (mah buddy) 20-something

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#52 Post by 15385bic »

KanukoBlue1236 wrote:OMG IS THIS GONNA BE OUT BY VALENTINES DAY?!
most likely- not >_>'''
we've been really lazy with it
although you may get to see the demo by then - if i can ever bring myself to finish emoting OTL
(currently addicted to fanfics and need to get it out of my system first) ^^'

Ferdokki
Veteran

#53 Post by Ferdokki »

Lmfao, I love how calmly you're like "we've been really lazy with it", and here are pages full of fangirls posting excitedly that they're ready to give away their money and stuff. xD)))
If it's ok with me asking, what fanfics do you read?

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#54 Post by 15385bic »

Ferdokki wrote:Lmfao, I love how calmly you're like "we've been really lazy with it", and here are pages full of fangirls posting excitedly that they're ready to give away their money and stuff. xD)))
If it's ok with me asking, what fanfics do you read?
lol - we never really asked for money - its pay what you want -
but the pages of excited girls is more motivating X]
Only one more character to emote for the demo and one cg though, so we are still working on it...just slowly
currently into Harry Potter fanfics
previously it was hitman reborn and before that naruto, there ay have been a tsubasa moment too >_>'

Ferdokki
Veteran

#55 Post by Ferdokki »

Take your time, great projects take time. ;) These pages of females will always be here for motivation, and hopefully more people will visit too. n__n

THERE ARE HITMAN FANFICS??? 0_0 Where have I been??
Ooh, Naruto fanfics are entertaining. *__* I read those too awhile back.
And by "Tsubasa" do you mean The Reservoir Chronicles or something else? o_0 If yes, then let me be one of the many fangirls to say FAI IS TOO ADORABLE I CAN JUST SMOTHER HIM IN HUGS AND STICK HIM IN MY POCKET BUT I'M ALSO DRAWN TO KUROGANE'S AWESOME, BAD BOY DEMEANOUR.
*cough cough* And if that's not the Tsubasa you're talking about, please disregard my crazy outburst. >___>

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#56 Post by 15385bic »

Ferdokki wrote:Take your time, great projects take time. ;) These pages of females will always be here for motivation, and hopefully more people will visit too. n__n

THERE ARE HITMAN FANFICS??? 0_0 Where have I been??
Ooh, Naruto fanfics are entertaining. *__* I read those too awhile back.
And by "Tsubasa" do you mean The Reservoir Chronicles or something else? o_0 If yes, then let me be one of the many fangirls to say FAI IS TOO ADORABLE I CAN JUST SMOTHER HIM IN HUGS AND STICK HIM IN MY POCKET BUT I'M ALSO DRAWN TO KUROGANE'S AWESOME, BAD BOY DEMEANOUR.
*cough cough* And if that's not the Tsubasa you're talking about, please disregard my crazy outburst. >___>
yes there are hitman reborn fics lol. and yes it was tsubasa chronicles. im a kurogane fan~

anywayssss back on track
--------------------------------------
Valentines Otome Demo

This is a soundless demo.
The full version is still a long way away.
When everyone is on the screen it gets a bit crowded. Should we leave it as is or fade people out when they aren’t speaking? Let us know.
This demo covers the prologue of the game.
The full version will be pay what you want (including free)
Download link(Mac, Linux and Windows):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7oimq ... .0-all.zip

Comments and feedback will be highly appreciated!

Happy New Year!

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#57 Post by Mad Harlequin »

RE: the crowded screens---

It really depends on the situation. If the scene is meant to be buzzing with activity, then I think the crowding won't hurt too much, but this should probably be done sparingly. So you may want to fade the sprites most of the time.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Doomzilla
Regular
Tumblr: punchysporkk

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN] demo out

#58 Post by Doomzilla »

About the crowded scenes, I agree that it depends. At the bar it really fits, bars are crowded and it makes it feel more real (and fun), but it'd be weird if everyone was always super close to each other.

After playing, I think I'm just in love with everyone. Daire, Zane, and Mira really stand out to me, but I enjoyed the interplay between everyone the most. You guys are really skilled at writing friendly fun scenes. Emma and Mira are the cutest together. I love their friendship to bits. I laughed out loud so many times.

I was a little confused when being introduced to the guys because Mira seemed to know about them, but previously treated them like strangers. It felt like there was an explanation or two missing somewhere.

I looooove the CGs. Zomg. Daire is ridiculously beautiful in his. I like that Zane has stubble, it's something I enjoy and rarely see in otome. The art in general was really amazing.

I look forward to the finished game!

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN] demo out

#59 Post by Godline »

Doomzilla wrote:
I was a little confused when being introduced to the guys because Mira seemed to know about them, but previously treated them like strangers. It felt like there was an explanation or two missing somewhere.
For the record, I didn't get that feeling at all. I thought the introductions went perfectly, so I don't know what you could change there. I don't think you need to change anything.

Love the cliffhanger. Curious to see where it goes from there.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#60 Post by 15385bic »

Mad Harlequin wrote:RE: the crowded screens---

It really depends on the situation. If the scene is meant to be buzzing with activity, then I think the crowding won't hurt too much, but this should probably be done sparingly. So you may want to fade the sprites most of the time.
yeah...that may be for the best, otherwise maia ends up behind mira's bubblespace too often
Doomzilla wrote:I was a little confused when being introduced to the guys because Mira seemed to know about them, but previously treated them like strangers. It felt like there was an explanation or two missing somewhere.
Hmm? well Zane is a popular author and former party-doer so is a little famous. So even if they haven't met before, after hearing his name, her suspicions are confirmed.Gotta remember he's sorta a recluse now compaired to his old days. Daire was just the guy she was scoping at the bar and she only 'pretends' to know him when he leaves for the bar again. Kiron is just friendly coz he was Maia's teacher.
Doomzilla wrote:Love the cliffhanger. Curious to see where it goes from there.
Im glad you like the end! ;D
we'll have to split the story and have boys chosen from the start like those androidy games because of it though ^^'