Valentines otome [GxB][VN] RELEASED!!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN] demo out

#76 Post by 15385bic »

Doomzilla wrote:I enjoy gameplay features and happy creators, so for both reasons I am glad you've decided to mix it up! I hope it goes back to being something you enjoy making, and good luck! ^^
I think i enjoy playing games than making them ^^' - but then again - the reason why i even wanted to try make one in the first place was because i loved playing too much ^^'
sonorousgem wrote:Yay! I really liked Halloween otome and I will play this at some point in the semi-near future I hope >.<

......but why is Mira's last name Cosgrove...? is that a purposeful spinoff of Miranda Cosgrove? the celebrity? (I just noticed... and I'm not sure anyone else pointed it out...)
It was totally an accident that her name turned out to be the same as the celebrity - we forgot to check names when we named her. It was a co-incidence. We had mira then looked up "suitable" surnames starting with C (coz intials M.C. <-- this is the play on words, just like Emma Cee was also a Em.C) and ended up choosing Cosgrove. We never realised there was a celebrity by that name >_>''''

Luuuuuucile

#77 Post by Luuuuuucile »

I hope the full version will be released soon. I've played the demo and I really look forward to it. The prologue is great ! The end makes you want to read more! I'm a French girl and I really love all of your work! Thank you for your hardwork!

lunafreya

#78 Post by lunafreya »

1) Would you play this - even if the protag is a little questionable? >_>

Absolutely! It's refreshing to see a heroine who differs from the usual shy/plain//inexperienced/dormant persona. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just nice to have some variety. I quite enjoyed being able to flirt with all three bachelors. :p Mira is absolutely gorgeous too. Also, I wouldn't call her 'questionable', she's just a person who enjoys flirting. I'd love to see more scenes with her and her friends in the final game. I quite enjoyed the bits we've seen in the demo. There's an underrepresentation of female friendships in the media, but I do understand that they probably won't take priority in an Otome game.

2) Do any of the characters catch your eye? Also why :P

Zane immediately caught my eye, I love the jerks in Otome games, I can't even say why. There's just something gratifying about getting the meanies to like the player character. I like Kiron too. At first I thought he was going to be the teacher-type who gets embarrassed easily and is fairly innocent, but it was a nice surprise to see him going along with Mira's flirting. I totally didn't expect that! Maybe it's just me, but I feel like his eye proportions are slightly off. I feel like the placement of the right eye is a tiny teeny bit too low. Other than that, I think the artwork is beautiful. I've already mentioned that I like Mira's design, but really, everyone looks great. I especially like that the sprites seem so 'alive' with having them blink.
I don't have to say much about Daire since he's not really my type, personality-wise. My opinion on him might change later on.

3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games?

I don't mind since I'm not a big fan of mini-games in the first place. In most of the VNs I've played which had them I felt they were either too easy or got repetitive fast, or both.

I do want to mention another thing about the dialogue. When the characters introduced themselves to each other, I found it weird that they did so by saying their full names. I feel like that doesn't really happen in a club setting. People there tend to just say their first name and be done with it. Wow, I feel really nit-picky now. I enjoyed the demo a lot and am really looking forward to the final product.

Kikaharu
Regular

#79 Post by Kikaharu »

how is this coming along? Have you been having a fun time making it?

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#80 Post by 15385bic »

Kikaharu wrote:how is this coming along? Have you been having a fun time making it?
truthfully we've only managed to work on bits and pieces since it been difficult to find a time when we're both free (especially since we're living on opposites sides of the world - and that we mainly only write when we're both on)
Writing is probably our main problem. Programming and drawings could be done separate but we're no where near completing the story
Also my drawing tablet stopped working a few weeks ago and now im in the slow process of "customer support"
I have a feeling that untill i'm finally back on summer break (which is the end of year for me) i'm not going to have much time to work on this as much a i'd like. But still we are working on it slowly.

Mystical

#81 Post by Mystical »

I finished the demo recently. (The cliffhanger... That was an evil place to end it, woman.) I decided to revisit this threat and answer the questions posted.

1) Would you play this - even if the protag is a little questionable? >_>
I absolutely liked Halloween Otome, so I will probably try this one when it's out. But honestly, there were times in the demo that I wished Mira's behaviour could be controlled a bit more by the player -- like when she was interacting with Caverly near the end.

2) Do any of the characters catch your eye? Also why :P
Kiron's eyes immediately stood out; they're really shiny. Personality-wise, I'm rather interested in discovering what Daire is hiding.

3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games? (there may be something that we're adding called M-mode but that's still in the works for now)

It's not a deal breaker for me if the VN doesn't contain any. Although, I enjoyed them in Halloween Otome.
Lanson
getting lost in the maze was hilarious. C:

Best of luck with fixing your tablet. :3

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#82 Post by 15385bic »

A familiar face makes an appearance in Valentines Otome.It’s a pity Ren’py doesn’t support Live2D.

CatyCats
Regular

#83 Post by CatyCats »

Ooooh that looks amazing ! (2d)
He's still as sexy as I remember! I played the demo a long time ago but I'm kinda curious of Emma her boyfriend. Which one is it? Because now that the model (forgot the name) is making an appearance in the game. I thought we just choose the guy we like as Emma's boyfriend in this game. :o

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#84 Post by 15385bic »

CatyCats wrote:Ooooh that looks amazing ! (2d)
He's still as sexy as I remember! I played the demo a long time ago but I'm kinda curious of Emma her boyfriend. Which one is it? Because now that the model (forgot the name) is making an appearance in the game. I thought we just choose the guy we like as Emma's boyfriend in this game. :o
They all make an appearance ;)

Erikka
Regular

#85 Post by Erikka »

OH MY GOD!!! Landon is so sexy and gorgeous!!!
I want to date him in real life! Why can't he be real?! WHY??!
I'm so happy he will appear in the game :)

Erikka
Regular

#86 Post by Erikka »

Will there also be Emma?) I missed so much conversations between Emma and Landon!
Please, give me a small portion of Emma and Landon :oops:
I love Landemma :cry: :oops:

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#87 Post by 15385bic »

Erikka wrote:Will there also be Emma?) I missed so much conversations between Emma and Landon!
Please, give me a small portion of Emma and Landon :oops:
I love Landemma :cry: :oops:
There definitely will be Emma. She's mira's best friend after all =)
And she's already in the demo ^^¦

Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

#88 Post by Corynth »

A certain someone else has decided to make a cameo as well.

“Did you really think I’d let Landon have all the fun?”

khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

#89 Post by khnachi »

Oh wow, the character designs of those two look lovely. Oh and the count with long hair. :9

Junesong
Regular

#90 Post by Junesong »

I absolutely LOVED Halloween Otome, so I will definitely play this one when it comes out! ^_^