Valentines otome [GxB][VN] RELEASED!!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MissRandom
Tumblr: being-a-bit-random

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN] demo out

#61 Post by MissRandom »

Hey, I'm having some problems playing the game. Faced the same problem when playing halloween otome. Everytime there are more than one characters on the screen, the game sort of, starts lagging. The dialogues become very slow. For Halloween Otome, I had to play it on my dad's computer, but I'm not at home now. My laptop's the only thing I can play this on and the demo crashed during the scene where all 5 characters are on the screen :(

Did anyone else have the same issue? Know what I can do to correct this?

Doomzilla
Regular
Tumblr: punchysporkk

#62 Post by Doomzilla »

Since there seems to be some confusion, I found the specific lines that gave me pause.
"So he really is that Zane Valente. Interesting..." And when being introduced to Daire, "From what I've read, rough doesn't even begin to cover it. Still, no point in spoiling the mood by bringing it up." For the record, I understood the ruse bit just fine, as well as the friendly teacher thing.
As soon as I read those lines I went back and read your character descriptions, went "oh yeah" and moved right along, I just thought it might be worth pointing out that you mentioned none of that in game. :)

And while I certainly did love the cliffhanger and I am eager to see what happens next, I do believe someone else said that. :)

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#63 Post by 15385bic »

Doomzilla wrote:Since there seems to be some confusion, I found the specific lines that gave me pause.
"So he really is that Zane Valente. Interesting..." And when being introduced to Daire, "From what I've read, rough doesn't even begin to cover it. Still, no point in spoiling the mood by bringing it up." For the record, I understood the ruse bit just fine, as well as the friendly teacher thing.
As soon as I read those lines I went back and read your character descriptions, went "oh yeah" and moved right along, I just thought it might be worth pointing out that you mentioned none of that in game. :)

And while I certainly did love the cliffhanger and I am eager to see what happens next, I do believe someone else said that. :)
ahhh you're good~ like i said before, zane's name is pretty well known and mira is a social butterfly, she will know all the gossip and even if she didnt know him personally, she would prob know his name. same with daire. truth is daire has been in the papers recently too due to his age/promotion. you'll prob get more of their storyline later ;p. no point in dragging things out to understand the workings of mira's mind ^^'. she really doesnt know the boys but gathers from her own knowledge who they are

toh an this is wat corynth said; Doomzilla clarified the lines and said that they pointed it out because its stuff in the cards but not mentioned in-game. IMO mentioning either at that point would have either broken the flow or resulted in internal monologues. They're better left to be explored in game than rushed through in the prologue during a "fun" scene and holding up the introductions
Or felt too forced
I mean the protag going "He used to be a major playboy, but now he's a recluse." Along with "he recently took over his father's company as CEO during a really bad situation for the company and the board wants to push him out and public opinion on his appointment is 'nepotism' and that he shouldn't even be allowed to prove himself." Sounds too much like infodump and telling not showing..
im glad ppl like the cliff hanger 8D and not want to kill us over it lol.
MissRandom wrote:Hey, I'm having some problems playing the game. Faced the same problem when playing halloween otome. Everytime there are more than one characters on the screen, the game sort of, starts lagging. The dialogues become very slow. For Halloween Otome, I had to play it on my dad's computer, but I'm not at home now. My laptop's the only thing I can play this on and the demo crashed during the scene where all 5 characters are on the screen :(

Did anyone else have the same issue? Know what I can do to correct this?
different computers have different specs. i'm suspecting ram issues. ram can go up to 1.3gb usage for vo alone according to corynth. so might be that

---------------------------
We've put up a poll on our tumblr homepage for sprite sizes. Please give your opinion if you have time. Thanks!
http://synokoria.tumblr.com/

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer
Organization: Moonlight Avenue, Inc.; Anomalis

#64 Post by Laera-chan »

DL'ing now! Can't wait to play the demo, and most especially can't wait for the full game! I'll let you know what I think after I play it after work. Heeeeeeere Daire-y Daire-y Daire-y! :lol:

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#65 Post by Ferdokki »

So, it's going to be separate routes per guy? Like the games where you pick early on which man you want to prey on you're interested in, and then play the rest of the game trying to get the endings with that guy?

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer
Organization: Moonlight Avenue, Inc.; Anomalis

#66 Post by Laera-chan »

Ferdokki wrote:So, it's going to be separate routes per guy? Like the games where you pick early on which man you want to prey on you're interested in, and then play the rest of the game trying to get the endings with that guy?
Ferdokki wrote:Like the games where you pick early on which man you want to prey on you're interested in
Ferdokki wrote:which man you want to prey on
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, I'm so preying on Daire. :twisted: :lol: That was epic, Ferdokki. But pretty much, yes. At least, to my understanding based on the (somewhat) prequel, HO.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#67 Post by 15385bic »

Ferdokki wrote:So, it's going to be separate routes per guy? Like the games where you pick early on which man you want to prey on you're interested in, and then play the rest of the game trying to get the endings with that guy?
yes ;]

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

#68 Post by Sayumi101 »

So I was just randomly wandering around here, and seeing the 'demo out' just made me break out into.an excited smile.
So anyways downloaded it, played it, loved it! All three guys are absolute love XD I'm more inclined to Zane (which is strange because it always ALWAYS go for the Daire types first)
I absolutely love Emma and Mira's intetactions. Thet just work, perfectly! And kippy gets a cameo too, yaay adorable. And seriously I don't care how questionable Mira is, I think her personality just makes the game more fun. I really like her. Maybe that makes me kinda questionable too, lol.
Lastly at the cliffhanger, I literally cried out the same words as Mira's final dialogue when the screen faded to credits. And I felt kind of devastated at that, lol. That being said, the cliffhanger was kept at the PERFECT place to insist people to.cone back and play.
Anyways, point is, I loved it and can't wait for the release however long it takes.
ImageImageImage

epicsakura101
Deviantart: epicsakura101

#69 Post by epicsakura101 »

DAT CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *insert rage quit/brain explosion here*

xEllenx

#70 Post by xEllenx »

Trying it~
I loved to see Emma from Halloween Otome. I loved that game!
I'll be waiting for the full game!

Alia
Regular

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN]

#71 Post by Alia »

throwing money can be dangerous - coins hurt. but i'm glad you're excited for VO =]
Okay, we'll throw electronic money. Electric shock preferable to bruising? (Oooh, and you can probably fit electronic money with a targeting system... if I were in an anime I would need a laser-guided money-taser.)

1) Would you play this - even if the protag is a little questionable? >_>
I don't mind a promiscuous flirt as the protagonist, as long as she has other qualities. So far in this prologue Mira turns me off because she kind of feels like a caricature, as if "questionable" is all she's got going besides liking her friends. :( That may be because most of the demo takes place in a club setting, though.
I will absolutely play the game because I liked Mira in "Halloween Otome," and trust you to flesh her out in VO over more game time. (And because I'm with Paupau and Shaples on the "tomato" part, even though I was completely weirded out by the pigeon-dating thing...)

2) Do any of the characters catch your eye? Also why :P
Zane got my attention, but only because I found it hilarious and appropriate how and what Mira renames him in the top of the text box. None of the three bachelors immediately stuck out as someone I MUST pursue, though I bet two or all three of them will do so later on, once I get to know them better. ;)

3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games? (there may be something that we're adding called M-mode but that's still in the works for now)
I like mini-games when they make sense for the story (like in HO), but when put in just for the sake of having them (like the "solve-the-lock" puzzles in Mass Effect) they bug me.

When everyone is on the screen it gets a bit crowded. Should we leave it as is or fade people out when they aren’t speaking? Let us know.
I really prefer everyone who's part of the conversation to be on screen; when they aren't, I tend to either forget about them or wonder if (in story) they've wandered off while I wasn't looking. I do see your point about crowding, though. Maybe make the sprites smaller? As it is they're really big and close up, and changing that would help with the "crowded" feel. I liked their size in "Halloween Otome," especially since it meant you got to see more of the body. Sometimes games' sprites look like talking heads >.<

Im glad you like the end! ;D
we'll have to split the story and have boys chosen from the start like those androidy games because of it though ^^'

I don't normally like that style, but I can see how the story requires it. I trust you guys can pull if off well, though.

I dont think you'll get the unpredictable storyline ^^'''' - this is more a slice of life sorta story rather than a story with lots of twists
I'm all for low twist-count.
twist-Count?
Games that think they need a twist at least once every route often end up boring, since you know what's coming.
If you do have any twists in VO, I hope they're as lovely a mix of telegraphed-yet-not-inevitable-feeling as in HO. Or "The Royal Trap," for that matter.

XD LOL - there will be cameos but not sure about all 5 ^^' we'll see how it goes
but wouldn't you kinda want to NOT know who Em's (Halloween's MC) ended up with?

The very best would be if there was a pre-game setup option to pick who Em had ended up with! Since I know all of absolutely nothing about ren-py, though, I don't know if that would even be possible...

I'm very excited about VO; I almost literally went "squee" like a fangirl when I saw who was working on it and read the premise. But I'm also really happy you aren't rushing the making of the game. When a story rushes or staggers in pacing, or characters react to things that were said on a different route/choice than the current one, or there are a large number of spelling and grammar mistakes... It's depressing how that can drag down a great story with wonderful characters. I kinda feel like I might be gushing too much about Halloween Otome on this thread, but HO was one of the most polished ren'py games I've played, with almost none of those problems whatsoever. Quality is worth waiting for. (Though I WILL be downloading VO as soon as I see it's out!)

Good luck, and thank you.

SilverAngel

#72 Post by SilverAngel »

I would totally play this, and I drool over your artwork :)

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#73 Post by 15385bic »

We know it's been a while since we last posted any updates and we apologize for that.

This is a long post so if you don't feel like reading it, the highlights are:

We're revamping VO
Yes it's still a long way away
We're going to try and participate in Nanoreno
Thanks for the feedback on the VO demo
If you want to know the details - keep reading.

Not only have we both been super busy IRL but over the course of time VO changed from something we were excited about to a chore. It got to the point where we never wanted to work on it because it seemed like no matter how much progress we made we weren't getting anywhere.

Then came the realization that if we don't enjoy making it then we can't expect any of you to enjoy playing it. So after careful consideration we've decided to revamp the entire main section of VO. This does, of course, mean that the full release is still a long way away but the end result will hopefully be worth it.

So what does this mean exactly? VO will no longer be a straight up VN. We're adding a few gameplay elements to break up the story.

We're going to be trying to participate in Nanoreno to test out these gameplay elements on a smaller scale.

We hope the finished product won't disappoint anyone.

As for all the feedback we got for the VO demo so far, we'd like to thank everyone for it. We are aware of the issues with the wrong name occasionally being shown and text history omitting narration. They have been fixed on our end.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
@everyone above - thanks so much for your feedback and enthusiasm,
@Alia
The very best would be if there was a pre-game setup option to pick who Em had ended up with! Since I know all of absolutely nothing about ren-py, though, I don't know if that would even be possible...
this may be happening now...
But I'm also really happy you aren't rushing the making of the game.
Well this would be good too if we were productive but...LIFE OTL
I like mini-games when they make sense for the story (like in HO), but when put in just for the sake of having them (like the "solve-the-lock" puzzles in Mass Effect) they bug me.
not exactly a minigame...

Doomzilla
Regular
Tumblr: punchysporkk

#74 Post by Doomzilla »

I enjoy gameplay features and happy creators, so for both reasons I am glad you've decided to mix it up! I hope it goes back to being something you enjoy making, and good luck! ^^

sonorousgem
Regular

#75 Post by sonorousgem »

Yay! I really liked Halloween otome and I will play this at some point in the semi-near future I hope >.<

......but why is Mira's last name Cosgrove...? is that a purposeful spinoff of Miranda Cosgrove? the celebrity? (I just noticed... and I'm not sure anyone else pointed it out...)