Valentines otome [GxB][VN] RELEASED!!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Valentines otome [GxB][VN] RELEASED!!

#1 Post by 15385bic »

NOW COMPLETE - NEW THREAD HERE > viewtopic.php?f=11&t=48083

STORY
What do you do when your soul-mate finds you but you'd rather he didn't?
How do you romance a guy when you're afraid of commitment?
Don't get drunk.
Finding your future soul-mate may be easy - getting rid of him may be harder than you think.

You and your house mates are NOT spending valentines day with a romantic dinner with that significant other - so what's a girl to do? Party of course~ Dragging your best friend and cousin with you, you are determined to make sure that at least one of you has a blast. What happens next though is up to you.

Valentines Otome is set after Halloween Otome and features a familiar face as our protagonist
Mira Cosgrove
Mira is a flirty, fun-loving bombshell. Just don't let her looks or words fool you. Get close and you'll find a girl with her own moral standards and fierce loyalty.

Potential Bachelors
Daire Thurton
A man of few words - Daire is nothing if not dedicated to his work. Despite this there are those who believe he is too young for his position and will take any opportunity to oust him. He really can't afford a scandal right now...

Zane Valente
Zane sent the media into an uproar a few years ago when he suddenly gave up his partying ways to become a writer. He went from rebel to recluse in a matter of days and no one quite knows why. It's been years but the media hasn't stopped sniffing for a story...

Kiron Caverly
A loyal friend and always willing to lend a helping hand. Kiron's kindness often gets heads turning his way, but it seems he only carries a flame for a certain someone...

Progress:
Script: 7500+ (prologue is complete~)
Coding: 0%
GUI: 0%
Sprites: 60%
CG's: 0 %
BG's/music: 10%

Rating 13+
infrequent/mild sexual content/alcohol use (No smut though. Just no.)

Valentines Otome will play as a normal visual novel with 6 routes (a good/bad one for each bachelor)
This will be a "pay what you want" Visual novel - we're hoping to get some funds to cover costs of some of the bought bgs

Corynth and I will be working on this slowly ^^' especially since neither of us can do backgrounds. Rolls up sleeves and and goes to look at sketchup *A*
I'll be updating images as we go along

1) Would you play this - even if the protag is a little questionable? >_>
2) Do any of the characters catch your eye? Also why :P
3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games? (there may be something that we're adding called M-mode but that's still in the works for now)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7oimq ... .0-all.zip

This is a soundless demo.
The full version is still a long way away.
When everyone is on the screen it gets a bit crowded. Should we leave it as is or fade people out when they aren’t speaking? Let us know.
This demo covers the prologue of the game.
The full version will be pay what you want (including free)

Comments and feedback will be highly appreciated!

Happy New Year!
Last edited by 15385bic on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:46 am, edited 10 times in total.

ameliori
Veteran
Completed: Who is Mike?, Cupid
Projects: The Black Beast [Fairytale]
Organization: FERVENT
Tumblr: ameliori
itch: fervent

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN]

#2 Post by ameliori »

Hey there! Nice job on the character sprites!

The character descriptions are a bit hard to read though. Maybe it's the font or the color that makes it hard to see? Consider editing them so they're easier to read. I'm sure a lot of people like me are curious to get to know your characters more :)

Good luck on this project!
ameliori
TwitterPatreon

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by 15385bic »

potangko wrote:Hey there! Nice job on the character sprites!

The character descriptions are a bit hard to read though. Maybe it's the font or the color that makes it hard to see? Consider editing them so they're easier to read. I'm sure a lot of people like me are curious to get to know your characters more :)

Good luck on this project!
sorry - linked from tumblr on normal view - Does the bigger versions of the cards help???

Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

#4 Post by Rozume »

omigosh it's from the creators of Halloween Otome. :0

The cards are a little hard to read - maybe it's due to the font and the color of the font itself? I had to squint a little to read them haha

1) I'd definitely play this! I loved Halloween Otome so I except great things no pressure tho. I don't mind a questionable protagonist, there really should be more of them. :D

2) Zane and Daire. Zane's seems really interesting, and he's a writer too! So that's an automatic plus for me. I like Daire cause he's snappily dressed haha

3) Not really, mini-games are okay but they seem like a bit of a distraction. I'd rather just get to the plot.

Maannn, I feel your pain. I can't do backgrounds either, but I'm learning. xD It takes a lot of practice haha

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#5 Post by Mimi_Melody »

1) Would you play this - even if the protag is a little questionable?
I loved her in HO so it's great to see her back with her own adventure this time XD She's not that typical goody two shoes you always see~ And she's so pretty <3
Well, I love glasses (+suit) dudes, and white hair dudes (well his hair is not exactly white, but gray or white-ish...whatever, I just like that color OK ;u;) So I'm kinda in a dilemma here :3
Anyway, you can say that their appearances catch me, but the personality and story keep me, so I'd go with Kiron (that one loyal "friend" in otome games woooooot) Would looooove to see Kiron with glasses and white-ish hair *dies*
3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games?
I wouldn't say "disappointed" since I'm not a mini-games craze or anything. BUT I do love your mini-games, they were so cute and easy so I wouldn't have to worry about getting frustrated over a game ^^" With or without them is fine.
PS. LOL Daire looks so serious, and the "..." from him makes me wonder if Mira's high spirit would drive him crazy~ I'm waiting for that day...
Oh, any chance we'll get to see cute little Kippy again? (Gosh, I wanna hug him and pinch him and squish him...and...and... cuteness overloaded >u< Wait, it's a "him" right?)

khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

#6 Post by khnachi »

Goodness I just saw some updates of this on tumblr and absolutely fell in love with the game!
absolutely! her being "questionable" just sparked more of my interest actually. :mrgreen:
Megane mysterious guys always get me so I'm going with Daire. :9
3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games?
Not really a mini-game kinda gal, so I really don't mind.I only came for the romantic routes and hot guys
But I'm a bit intrigue on that M-mode, I wonder what you guys are up to now, just so you know I love the mini games in HO so whether there's mini games or not in Valentines Otome I'll still play it probably even give the mini games a go if ever it contains one. Good luck! :mrgreen:

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#7 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Yay! I was hoping you'd make another VN! :)

1. I love Mira, so I don't have a problem with her being the protagonist at all.

2. I think Zane, who suddenly decides to become a recluse, seems the most interesting right off the bat . . . we don't really know much about the other two except that one is a quiet businessman(?) and the other is the kind childhood friend. But maybe you're planning to surprise us with their secrets. (I did laugh when I saw Daire's blank quote.)

3. I did enjoy the minigames last time, but unless the story calls for them, I'm fine without them too. It all depends on your intentions, to be honest.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Aruise
Regular
Projects: Endless Corridor

#8 Post by Aruise »

OH OH! Another game from HO's creator! *excited*

1) Yep definitely! I have no problem with Mira. Beside I love "unique" protagonist XD

2) Zane, so many question pop out from my head about him *and his hair colour* //shot. His personality seems interesting too, judging from his expression (lol)

3) I'm fine without minigames, because the story still my first priority~

Anyway good luck on this project! :D
Current Project

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#9 Post by Godline »

Excited about this. Just finished HO (I'll write up a post about it).
Mira is a realistic protagonist. It'll be nice to see boys making her sweat this time instead of the other way around. ;-)
I was also indifferent on the mini games.
There are a few suggestions for you I'll make on the HO post, but I think you've got it covered.
(Nice to see another Aussie on here too).

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by 15385bic »

PhoenixStardust wrote:omigosh it's from the creators of Halloween Otome. :0

The cards are a little hard to read - maybe it's due to the font and the color of the font itself? I had to squint a little to read them haha

1) I'd definitely play this! I loved Halloween Otome so I except great things no pressure tho. I don't mind a questionable protagonist, there really should be more of them. :D

2) Zane and Daire. Zane's seems really interesting, and he's a writer too! So that's an automatic plus for me. I like Daire cause he's snappily dressed haha

3) Not really, mini-games are okay but they seem like a bit of a distraction. I'd rather just get to the plot.

Maannn, I feel your pain. I can't do backgrounds either, but I'm learning. xD It takes a lot of practice haha
Added the descriptions underneath so ppl can read o3o
Writers are attractive? O_o? LOL - snappily dressed i can understand~ suits always looks good *A*
and yessss bgs - let us both try *A* - after i finish the other sprites and gui

And yes there is pressure this will be so different from HO - not sure if ppl will like it QAQ
Mimi_Melody wrote:1)I loved her in HO so it's great to see her back with her own adventure this time XD She's not that typical goody two shoes you always see~ And she's so pretty <3
2) Well, I love glasses (+suit) dudes, and white hair dudes (well his hair is not exactly white, but gray or white-ish...whatever, I just like that color OK ;u;) So I'm kinda in a dilemma here :3
Anyway, you can say that their appearances catch me, but the personality and story keep me, so I'd go with Kiron (that one loyal "friend" in otome games woooooot) Would looooove to see Kiron with glasses and white-ish hair *dies*
3)I wouldn't say "disappointed" since I'm not a mini-games craze or anything. BUT I do love your mini-games, they were so cute and easy so I wouldn't have to worry about getting frustrated over a game ^^" With or without them is fine.
PS. LOL Daire looks so serious, and the "..." from him makes me wonder if Mira's high spirit would drive him crazy~ I'm waiting for that day...
Oh, any chance we'll get to see cute little Kippy again? (Gosh, I wanna hug him and pinch him and squish him...and...and... cuteness overloaded >u< Wait, it's a "him" right?)
yeah she's definitely not your squeaky clean MC >_>'
and yay - some love for kiron!! T^T
yes Kippy will definitely be making an appearance - he's the face of synokoria~ ;D and the mascot of Keeper Inc. ( a franchise in our world)
khnachi wrote:Goodness I just saw some updates of this on tumblr and absolutely fell in love with the game!
absolutely! her being "questionable" just sparked more of my interest actually. :mrgreen:

Megane mysterious guys always get me so I'm going with Daire. :9

Not really a mini-game kinda gal, so I really don't mind.I only came for the romantic routes and hot guys
But I'm a bit intrigue on that M-mode, I wonder what you guys are up to now, just so you know I love the mini games in HO so whether there's mini games or not in Valentines Otome I'll still play it probably even give the mini games a go if ever it contains one. Good luck! :mrgreen:
Dont fall in love due to pictures! it could turn out to be a complete bore QAQ <-- slaps myself
A questionable protag actually sparks your interest? XD
meganes for me too~ Actually there maybe someone else who is a megane lover....well expect spectacles 8D
yeah - you'll have to wait for M-mode and see ~
Mad Harlequin wrote:Yay! I was hoping you'd make another VN! :)
1. I love Mira, so I don't have a problem with her being the protagonist at all.
2. I think Zane, who suddenly decides to become a recluse, seems the most interesting right off the bat . . . we don't really know much about the other two except that one is a quiet businessman(?) and the other is the kind childhood friend. But maybe you're planning to surprise us with their secrets. (I did laugh when I saw Daire's blank quote.)
3. I did enjoy the minigames last time, but unless the story calls for them, I'm fine without them too. It all depends on your intentions, to be honest.
Lets hope VO does not change your opinion on Mira ^^"
Yeah you'll find out more in the prologue of the game about the boys - it may answer more questions - or it may not ^^'
No to minigames - good ^^ - VO doesnt have a plot-line like HO s games are out of the picture >_>
Aruise wrote:OH OH! Another game from HO's creator! *excited*

1) Yep definitely! I have no problem with Mira. Beside I love "unique" protagonist XD
2) Zane, so many question pop out from my head about him *and his hair colour* //shot. His personality seems interesting too, judging from his expression (lol)
3) I'm fine without minigames, because the story still my first priority~
Anyway good luck on this project! :D
Thank you! we will work steadily hard!
so what questions are poping in your head about za- actually forget that - im not sure i can even answer them XD
Godline wrote:Excited about this. Just finished HO (I'll write up a post about it).
Mira is a realistic protagonist. It'll be nice to see boys making her sweat this time instead of the other way around. ;-)
I was also indifferent on the mini games.
There are a few suggestions for you I'll make on the HO post, but I think you've got it covered.
(Nice to see another Aussie on here too).
Hey aussie! LOL
My head always goes into a chant when i see that ^^'
I just read that HO post and I'm not sure I do have those bases covered... >_> <_<'
Well Corynth is the main writer so yup - will leave it to her. :P

shiho14
Regular

#11 Post by shiho14 »

Definitely. I love different kinds of protagonists, questionable or not XD

I like Zane's character design but I would go for Daire since I like the serious types :3

3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games? (there may be something that we're adding called M-mode but that's still in the works for now)
Nope. It's fine for me even if doesn't have any mini-games because I'm mainly focused on the story and the characters :)

I really enjoyed Halloween otome so I was so happy you have a new upcoming game! Good luck on your project ^_^

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by 15385bic »

@shiho14 - i like the serious types too~ >///< - lets hope we dont botch this one up

and my first bg 8D
three days of fiddling with sketchup and figuring out how it works ^^'
sure i dont have a clue where the plugin folder is, nor how to make roundish objects properly
and i cant seem to figure out how to clay render but - good enough. Made all the models myself since i'm unsure about the usage of warehouse models >_>' <_<'
sketchup and photoshop -bg preview
sketchup and photoshop -bg preview

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#13 Post by Ran08 »

Mira? As in Miranda Cosgrove, the singer? Hahahaha. Wait, I don't understand, did you name her after the singer in purpose? Hahaha. Speaking of Miranda Cosgrove, I love her song, "About You Now". :))

But anyway...
Yeah, sure. ;) I kinda liked Halloween Otome, so I'm looking forward to this one as well.

I like Zane. I like writer-type guys. Hahahaha.

Oh noooo. I found the minigames in HO cute, but the first one just gave me headaches. Hahahaha.

Anyway, good luck! :)

Ishvke

#14 Post by Ishvke »

Whoo! Halloween Otome was adorbs, definitely excited for the kinda sequel.

Question One → Lol yeah.
Questionable is cute in my book.
Question Two → Mira, first and foremost.
She was a babe in HO,
and I'm eager to play a game with her as the protag.
Also Daire is the most attractive,
but I like Kiron personality-wise.
Question Three → Lol I wasn't too fond of the games in HO.
I mean, they were cute the first time
(even though I needed a walkthrough for several of them),
but they god old pretty quickly.
I'm more fond of the straight-forward VNs, myself.
So yeah, I'll be perfectly fine without minigames.

Also, fully expecting cameos from all 5 of the main characters from HO.
Otherwise I will be very disappoint.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by 15385bic »

Ran08 wrote:Mira? As in Miranda Cosgrove, the singer? Hahahaha. Wait, I don't understand, did you name her after the singer in purpose? Hahaha. Speaking of Miranda Cosgrove, I love her song, "About You Now". :))
8] - woops - actually neither of us knew about the real Miranda Cosgrove ^^'
-i'm bad with names (like i remember less than 10 star names ^^')
and corynth is selective with what she watches/remembers >_>
-so basically we're both media noobs and would lose a general knowledge quiz on famous people hands down.
-should've done a name check >_>'''' ah well too late now. At least the real Miranda is super pretty *A*
Ishvke wrote:Whoo! Halloween Otome was adorbs, definitely excited for the kinda sequel.
woohoo! XD
Questionable is cute in my book.
i'm not sure i can call Mira cute ^^'

Also Daire is the most attractive,
YES~ the type i like in otomes ;P

but I like Kiron personality-wise.
yeah the nice guys T^T - the type i'd like in real life

(even though I needed a walkthrough for several of them),
I'm more fond of the straight-forward VNs, myself.
So yeah, I'll be perfectly fine without minigames.

they weren't that hard were they? ^^' - plus you did have the option of turning them off
but ok - another tick for straight vn :]

Also, fully expecting cameos from all 5 of the main characters from HO.
Otherwise I will be very disappoint.

XD LOL - there will be cameos but not sure about all 5 ^^' we'll see how it goes
but wouldn't you kinda want to NOT know who Em's (Halloween's MC) ended up with?