Daisuki Da Yo [Slice of Life][GXB][Otome]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mitsukeru73
Regular
Completed: Daisuki Da Yo - In spring
Projects: Summer Sweethearts;The Lagoon; Cinderlla Cage

Daisuki Da Yo [Slice of Life][GXB][Otome]

#1 Post by mitsukeru73 »

Daisuki Da Yo
Daisuki Da Yo
Daisuki Da Yo - In Spring[Slice of Life][GXB][Otome]

In the story, Midori Aichi is an ordinary girl who had a crush on Saito sempai...then the story plots of the VN varies depends on what kind of route you have, you might expereince tangled love triangle, or romance comedy with tsundere sempai.

Characters:

Midori Aichi
Midori Aichi
Midori Aichi
Saito Tsukiko
Saito Tsukiko
Saito Tsukiko
Kou
Kou
Kou
I was going to take some screenshots but I don't know how >o<
But I already posted it at the forum, hopeully someone will be kind to explain it to me. ^_^
I'll post some screenshots as soon when i know how.
and if anyone knows how, pleae comment in this thread too. I'll be very thankful. ^_^

And here is my overall progress:

BG : 100%
sprites :100%
Script: 75%
Music :
* character sound effect: 50%
* BG music : 0% (still looking for the perfect one nyan~~ ^_^)

I would like to hear your opinion:

1) How long do you think a simple otome game should be?
2) Did any of the characters catch your eye? Also why
3) What suggestions would you like to give to me?^_^ for example, such as some theme or game design?

It's my debut game and the game is quite simple.
I plan to release the beta version of the game next week at the forum for testing ^_^.

I feel so thankful to everyone for spending your time reading and commenting on my thread.

^_^ *bow*

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

Re: Daisuki Da Yo [Slice of Life][GXB][Otome]

#2 Post by Rinima »

As long as it needs to be to tell the story.

2) Did any of the characters catch your eye? Also why
Midori, because she looks like Homura~ So she's pweety~

3) What suggestions would you like to give to me?^_^ for example, such as some theme or game design?
Ummm, nope~
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#3 Post by Mimi_Melody »

I think you just need to write a decent story, at least long enough to see some developments, interactions I guess?
2) Did any of the characters catch your eye? Also why.
Maybe Kou (he looks kinda cute)? But I'd like to see more info on their personalities if possible? ^^"
Not sure about this lol. If needed you can post screenshots of the GUI/game menu to get more opinions on them?

mitsukeru73
Regular

#4 Post by mitsukeru73 »

Update~~~

^_^ characters' personalities:

Midori:
She is the typical cute sweet moe female protagonist, she is not very good at schoolworks and quite clumsy in a way ( but not stupid clumsy ). In the story, she had a crush on Saito sempai (then what happened later depends on the player's choice). ^_^ she is a little naive but gradually become more mature though the story.

Saito:
He is Midori's sempai, he has a tsundere+kuudere personality and like to hide his feeling instead of express them. In one route, he seemed to have a special feeling for Midori, but pretend that he didn't know Midori until the day Midori confront to him. In another route, he developed feeling for Midori after she kissed him.

Kou:
He is Saito's half brother and somewhat ruined Midori's love confession . He had a crush on Midori. Midori and Kou have a lot in common since they are both a little naive and clumsy.

Here are some screenshots:
screenshot0002.png
screenshot0003.png

Again, thank you all for taking your time replying me. ^_^

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#5 Post by runeraccoon »

From only the fragments you show us, I'm going to pick on a few things:

1. For dialogue, I think it's better if you show the emotion like "O_O" or ">o<" in side sprites instead of in a dialogue? I'm not entirely sure about this, because that kind of inner thoughts are admittedly showing a cute person, but for the sake of professionality and/or finished look, I think not using an emoji inside the monologue/dialogue will be better.

2. "Saito sempai". I'm a little nitpicky about using Japanese jargons in English language even though I like to use it. Hm. Anyway, for me, the common writing of someone's Japanese suffixes is "-[suffix]"? In which case, I'd be more comfortable reading it if it is "Saito-senpai".

3. "Tsukiko". In Japanese, I think "-ko" ending for a name is for girls?

4. The art looks very, very nice! Did you do them yourself? If not, I'd love to see where you pick them from so that I can make the lightings my reference... >< *is studying how to color BGs*

I hope you finish this! Good luck! <3

mitsukeru73
Regular

#6 Post by mitsukeru73 »

fuicchi wrote:From only the fragments you show us, I'm going to pick on a few things:

1. For dialogue, I think it's better if you show the emotion like "O_O" or ">o<" in side sprites instead of in a dialogue? I'm not entirely sure about this, because that kind of inner thoughts are admittedly showing a cute person, but for the sake of professionality and/or finished look, I think not using an emoji inside the monologue/dialogue will be better.

2. "Saito sempai". I'm a little nitpicky about using Japanese jargons in English language even though I like to use it. Hm. Anyway, for me, the common writing of someone's Japanese suffixes is "-[suffix]"? In which case, I'd be more comfortable reading it if it is "Saito-senpai".

3. "Tsukiko". In Japanese, I think "-ko" ending for a name is for girls?

4. The art looks very, very nice! Did you do them yourself? If not, I'd love to see where you pick them from so that I can make the lightings my reference... >< *is studying how to color BGs*

I hope you finish this! Good luck! <3

^_^ Thank you for your opinions and advices.They are really helpful! ^u^
I'll proofread my script over again, and make some changes.
As for the BGs, I found some of them here:

http://www.aj.undo.jp/material/bg/bg_material.html