Alone In The Shadows Silence Of The Night [Romance,Thriller]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Akarui_Tsubasa

Alone In The Shadows Silence Of The Night [Romance,Thriller]

#1 Post by Akarui_Tsubasa »

Wooowww, long title. I seriously can't believe I'm making this but... I'm doing it! Anyway this is my first game so the story might be crappy I guess.

The story starts with a girl Haruna Nakamura, her sister was killed a few days before the game introduced her and so, her getting tired of of people pitying her she goes to the playground her sister and her used to play at. There she met Subaru, a handsome but not so honest person. They become 'friends' but she didn't tell anything about her sister, letting Subaru know the truth himself. They work together to find the killer, including some other people she met. One of the people she met, starts to break the barriers she built around her heart, but who? You can choose who you want yourself and help Haruna be free from her own misery and catch the killer.

I DO NOT have the the character pictures yet, cause my tablet broke so I'm sorry. English is NOT my first language sooooo I may have some grammar mistakes please bear with it. Anyway, here are the character profiles:

Haruna Nakamura-
Personality: A girl who is always pitied and treated poorly which made her tired of of trusting people but once she trusts someone she is not afraid of sacrificing her self. She doesn't open up easily but is a kind and caring person once you got to know her.
Dislikes: Noise, annoying people, liars (Who doesn't hate them?)
History: ???

Haruka Nakamura-
Personality: A kind, warm and loving person. She is beautiful both inside and out causing all people that know her love her.
Dislikes: ???
History: ???

Subaru Sato-
Personality: I'll say it in one word... Tsundere (I love him sooo much >///<)
Dislikes: Insults
History: Grew up with a broken family, his mother and father are divorced. So he got separated with his older brother.

Jun Miyamoto-
Personality: In one word... Innocent (He is sooo cute~)
Dislikes: NONE
History: Grew up in a very loving family, even though they were not rich nor poor, he lived a happy and healthy life.

Sakura Fuji-
Personality: In one word... Deredere
Dislikes: NONE
History: Grew up with Haruna and Haruka (They're cousins). She used to be a loner until she met his step-brother which influenced her to become cheerful.

Yamato Yoshida-
Personality: In one word... Yandere (And yet still so handsome~)
Dislike: Anyone ESPECIALLY guys who get close to Haruna.
History: He was Haruna's ex-boyfriend but they broke up because of Haruna knowing he was just using her to make Megumi jealous.

Megumi Yamamoto-
Personality: In one word... worrywart
Dislikes: Haruna (But she still friends with her though.)
History: Grew up with Yamato Yoshida in an orphanage, cannot be explained any further.

Kira Sato-
Personality: In one word... Kuudere (A little tsun-tsun tho.)
Dislikes: Blood
History: Got separated with his brother, Subaru, because of their parents' disagreement.

Akito Fuji-
Personality: In one word... Dandere
Dislikes: Sour Food
History: Before getting adopted by the Fuji family he was abandoned by his parents because his parents were not responsible in taking care of him.

Rei Kisaragi-
Personality: In one word... Himedere (or more like Oujidere)
Dislikes: Poor and average people
History: Is the son of the chairman of the university Haruna, Jun and Subaru are attending. He had a very luxurious life but was not taken care of by his parents because of their little time.

Mamoru Shiroyama-
Personality: In one word... Coodere
Dislikes: People who he can't read their expressions ESPECIALLY Haruna.
History: A son of a very rich family but is unwanted so he was usually tortured by his elder brothers.

Ryuuki Hanamori-
Personality: In one word... Deredere
Dislikes: Disrespectful people
History: Grew up in a very traditional family and is usually seen staring at the sky.

Ahhh! Finally finished typing! This is all for now. I'll try and update if I have time. Thank you for taking your time reading this. I wish I will be able to make and finish this game soon.

Thank you and Goodbye for now!

PROGRESS
Story: 10%
Script: 5%
Music: 0%
Backgrounds: 45%
Sprites: 3%
CG: 1%
Gui: 0%
Logo: 1%

Updates
9-5-14 = I can't contact my proofreader so I'll make this on hold

QUESTIONS
Does this game look interesting and would you play it?

Any helpful tips on writing and making renpy gui?

Does the art look good?
Last edited by Akarui_Tsubasa on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

Heartstrings
Regular
Projects: Currently Unnamed Project

Re: Alone In The Shadows Silence Of The Night [Romance,Thril

#2 Post by Heartstrings »

Sounds potentially interesting. Since English isn't your first language, I might be able to help edit your script once you're done if you like. PM me if you're interested. Good luck!

Akarui_Tsubasa

#3 Post by Akarui_Tsubasa »

(*≧m≦*) Thank youuuuuu~ Since I'm still at a really young age, I'm really not sure about my grammar and spelling, in school we're required to learn english though ヽ༼ ಠ益ಠ ༽ノ

Heartstrings
Regular

#4 Post by Heartstrings »

Yeah no problem, what's your first language by the way?

Akarui_Tsubasa

#5 Post by Akarui_Tsubasa »

Tagalog, I live in the Philippines >~<

Heartstrings
Regular

#6 Post by Heartstrings »

Oh cool one of my best friends is from the Philippines. So anyways, about how far along is the script?

Akarui_Tsubasa

#7 Post by Akarui_Tsubasa »

Err... I think 1/4

dreamy
Regular
Organization: Cloud9 Dreams
Tumblr: fey-en

#8 Post by dreamy »

I absolutely love romance thrillers so it would be very interesting to see how this story works. There are also a lot of characters so I would like to see how they revolve around the story.
About tips for writing, if grammar is your problem you can always find somebody who would be willing to proofread your writing (I would be willing to help if you're interested). Other than that, I suggest that you observe the styles of writing others use and decide on your own how you would like to write and present the story. I'm also pretty clueless about GUI as well :roll: but I recommend that you look at some of the threads discussing GUI here, some of them have useful tips. The art looks alright and I would like to see how the other characters look like.
Good luck :D
"Listen to the silence, it's so blissful...
So calm down and listen..."

Akarui_Tsubasa

#9 Post by Akarui_Tsubasa »

dreamy wrote:I absolutely love romance thrillers so it would be very interesting to see how this story works. There are also a lot of characters so I would like to see how they revolve around the story.
About tips for writing, if grammar is your problem you can always find somebody who would be willing to proofread your writing (I would be willing to help if you're interested). Other than that, I suggest that you observe the styles of writing others use and decide on your own how you would like to write and present the story. I'm also pretty clueless about GUI as well :roll: but I recommend that you look at some of the threads discussing GUI here, some of them have useful tips. The art looks alright and I would like to see how the other characters look like.
Good luck :D
Ah, thank youuu! ヽ(・ω・ゞ) I already managed to find a proofreader so it isn't my main problem anymore. Thank you for the feedback!