Idols Blossom [GxB] [RomancexFantasyxComedy] VN

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
IchigoRice
Projects: Purple Blossoms

Idols Blossom [GxB] [RomancexFantasyxComedy] VN

#1 Post by IchigoRice »

PLOT
Kyo is a Japanese American high school girl who was recently signed into a label. On her quest into becoming an idol she bumps into a mysterious man in a cloak who unleashes something she never knew she had...magick powers! She is then accepted into a magick school which lets her see a whole new type of world she never knew existed. But which world will you lead her to? Idols world or Magicks world?

Kyo
•Hyper and Honest
•Loves sweets
•Cares for everybody even if they have done her wrong
•Detest dishonest people
"Singing means so much to me, it's what I love, but my friends matter more to me than anything else."

Takashi
•Creepy and funny
•Hardcore Otaku in anime and strange magickal items
•Usually gets in trouble by for preforming weird rituals on people.
•Really hates water
Magick route

Ryo
•Sadistic jokester
•Popular idol
•Likes cute things
•Good cook
Idol route

Timothy
•Shy and very timid
•Has a secret past
•Often bullied
•Ranked number one in the school
Magick route

Usa
•Himedere; very stuck up
•Enjoys being fawned over
•Enjoys drinking hard whiskey
•Idol rival with Kyo
Idol route

SIDENOTE
This project is going to kill me. But I love it, The main character is based on my best friend Kyoka who really is signed to a label in Japan so heres to her. I'm doing all the music, sprites and programming. The original songs will also be sung by her. I'm still looking for the rest of the voices and a CG artist as well as a background artist so this game is going to take some time. Please bare with the long wait!
PROGRESS
CG/Animations 0%
BG 0%
Sprite 70%
Script 30%
Voice 10%
Music 80%

Questions
Does the plot seem a bit too much?
Would you guys prefer animations(voiced) instead of CG's?
Which character would you want to have the "true" ending with?

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

Re: Idols Blossom [GxB] [RomancexFantasyxComedy] VN

#2 Post by Akitsuki »

Oh, it actually looks cute! And loosely based on true story too! I can't wait to hear the original songs!!

1. Well.. Rather than calling it 'too much', I'd say it's original. I don't know how it's going to turn, but I personally think it'd be weird if you make serious plot. Let's say if you put comedy it'll be much cuter and fun!

2. Oh, animations! Because it's not common, I'd try animations!

3. True ending, huh... I can't really read how the true end will be like, but I'd be surprised if the true end is with Takashi xD But because it sounds 'strange', some people would be able to predict it though.

Anyway, good luck on this!!

miraiparasol
Projects: The Brink of Debt
IRC Nick: Mirai

#3 Post by miraiparasol »

1. With what you've provided it seems like a typical way to jump into the plot. I am a bit curious about the idols vs. magicks. I get a feeling that the two groups aren't very chummy with each other. unless they're not aware of eachother's existence at all . o.

2. I would do whatever looks best. If you can get a hold of someone who can do some really good animations, or you're confident with your animation skills, I would go that route. If you're not confident with your animation skills I would stick with the static CGs and put some practice on those animation skills for the next game you make. I will say that making a good animation is probably going to take 10 times longer than making a CG

3. Personally I don't think true ending's matter unless you're making a sequel to the game then that would be key. I don't really have a preference, sorry for being so passive ^^"

If you need a female voice I'd be happy to volunteer mine if you needed it (I can do a young male's voice too) Just PM me

Good luck on your journey! The results will be worth the time!

IchigoRice
Projects: Purple Blossoms

#4 Post by IchigoRice »

Thank you so much everyone for the feed back. I feel like I'll stick to CG's, I'm okay at animating things But I think once I have more experience I'll use it in a game.
And yes, there is a bit of rivalry between Magick students and Idol students.
Thanks again everyone for your feed, it s very much appreciated.