[KICKSTARTER FUNDED! 11/20/14] Lovely Little Thieves

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Eight Rooks
Regular
Projects: Mirt (chapter one)
Tumblr: therookshavereturned
Deviantart: EightRooks

Re: Lovely Little Thieves [GxB/G] [Horror/Romance] [UPDATE 8

#31 Post by Eight Rooks »

Yup - really good trailer. If I had to criticise it I'd say nothing in the video itself explains that it's a VN...? But other than that it gets the tone right, explains the premise, shows off more of your art - and I like the time lapses. I don't know if that was specifically intended to say "Hey, look what I can do! See, I am actually drawing all this stuff!" but it works really well like that, IMO. It deserves to get you some attention as far as I'm concerned.

PangoDango
Regular
Projects: Lovely Little Thieves
Organization: PangoDango Games

#32 Post by PangoDango »

Did an interview podcast-thing with VNSNOW.com, talkin' bout Lovely Little Thieves and visual novels in general.

http://vnsnow.com/2014/08/25/sound-off- ... pe-horror/

If you wanna hear more stuff about the game pre-release, there's some hearty gab in there! Stiiiiiiiill coding the final demo. I'm back into my work-week now, though, so it'll be a busy couple of days trying to get it done alongside my part-time hours.

Rosstin
Veteran
Completed: Rex Rocket, Kitty Love, King's Ascent
Projects: Road Redemption, Queen At Arms
Organization: Aqualuft Games

#33 Post by Rosstin »

It looks beautiful! I can't wait!

PangoDango
Regular

#34 Post by PangoDango »

Hooray! The demo is finally complete!

Okay, not...exactly. It's half complete. Here's the details on why, if you're curious. But it's a full hour of gameplay and 15 choices for you to enjoy until the 2-hour, 40-choice version is fully debugged in two days. :)

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: [DEMO UP! 9/10/14]Lovely Little Thieves [Horror/Romance]

#35 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Oooh, a demo! I'll probably hold off on feedback until the full demo is finished, but congratulations! :D
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

PangoDango
Regular

#36 Post by PangoDango »

Mad Harlequin wrote:Oooh, a demo! I'll probably hold off on feedback until the full demo is finished, but congratulations! :D
Early feedback would be really helpful, actually, as even the "half-finished" demo is literally just the first half of the full one. But what you'd be playing is "finished", apart from feedback! And I'd definitely like to hammer out any issues or concerns with it while I'm beating the kinks out of the scenes giving me trouble in that second half. :)

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#37 Post by Mad Harlequin »

PangoDango wrote:Early feedback would be really helpful, actually, as even the "half-finished" demo is literally just the first half of the full one. But what you'd be playing is "finished", apart from feedback! And I'd definitely like to hammer out any issues or concerns with it while I'm beating the kinks out of the scenes giving me trouble in that second half. :)
Fair enough! I'll try to get through the early demo today then and write up feedback as soon as I can!
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

PangoDango
Regular

#38 Post by PangoDango »

Mad Harlequin wrote:
PangoDango wrote:Early feedback would be really helpful, actually, as even the "half-finished" demo is literally just the first half of the full one. But what you'd be playing is "finished", apart from feedback! And I'd definitely like to hammer out any issues or concerns with it while I'm beating the kinks out of the scenes giving me trouble in that second half. :)
Fair enough! I'll try to get through the early demo today then and write up feedback as soon as I can!
Thank you very very much! ;A; I hope it's to your liking. :mrgreen:

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#39 Post by Mad Harlequin »

PangoDango wrote:Thank you very very much! ;A; I hope it's to your liking. :mrgreen:
Well, I just finished a runthrough of the current demo, and I'm really impressed! The writing needs a few minor tweaks here and there---and I'll be sure to throw up a link to Google Docs ASAP when I'm finished nitpicking---but this thing's going places! I mean it. I don't think any of the characters can be shoehorned into a stereotype, and the dialogue sounded very natural overall. Great work! :)

I just know I'm going to cry like a baby whenever something bad happens to the gang. I love everyone already. Not an easy feat to achieve, let me tell you!

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention how much I love the expressions in that image you posted. It seems everyone's in his or her natural state, for better or for worse. (And Jay's got a walkthrough! Naughty, naughty!)
— Mark Twain

southoftheglen

#40 Post by southoftheglen »

I'm sorry, I don't really want to be this person, but how long can we expect the full game to be out? If you have no clue, I understand that, but a rough guess would be really nice. I'm playing through the demo currently and I'm really enjoying it. More than willing to throw money at the finished product.

Also I'm getting sort of Cabin in the Woods kind of feel from this game? I don't know, I guess because like Cabin in The Woods, I feel like all the horror film stereotypes are there, but they aren't played obnoxiously straight. The group is likable and realistic.

PangoDango
Regular

#41 Post by PangoDango »

southoftheglen wrote:I'm sorry, I don't really want to be this person, but how long can we expect the full game to be out? If you have no clue, I understand that, but a rough guess would be really nice. I'm playing through the demo currently and I'm really enjoying it. More than willing to throw money at the finished product.

Also I'm getting sort of Cabin in the Woods kind of feel from this game? I don't know, I guess because like Cabin in The Woods, I feel like all the horror film stereotypes are there, but they aren't played obnoxiously straight. The group is likable and realistic.
The full demo will be out on Friday, 9/12/14, at which time the kickstarter will also go up. :)

The full game, if funded over the next month, would take a year to create, between music and arts, coding and script, (story's already completed, as you can probably tell from all the foreshadowing in the demo,) so probably October 2015. :'D

melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

#42 Post by melelisun »

Sadly I have the liver the size of a bean so I stay away from horror >< but I just wanted to say that this looks very cool! Great art and I love the logo :)
Image Image

trepiechick
Regular

#43 Post by trepiechick »

OMG, Hope! I've missed you on TGWTG! It's so cool to see the people I admire into the same things and sites I am! I'm going to fangirl! Can't wait for this; it looks awesome!

daijinahito
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea & A+ Switch!

#44 Post by daijinahito »

Aw, gosh! Love the style and atmosphere; I really can't wait to play this! Good luck you guys, and keep up the great work. I'm waiting to see how this pulls through.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#45 Post by philip »

Downloaded the demo, and have begun to work through it. One thing that struck me is that they are supposed to be driving from Rhode Island to Florida; that's North to South. Yet Randy points out the front of the windshield to the setting sun. Then the dialog says they are traveling westward. Hmmmm . . . are they going to Florida by way of California?

There is one bothersome thing regarding navigation through the game; when a decision page is reached, the options bar along the right margin disappears, so it is not possible to do a save at that point, you must back up one screen to where the options bar reappears, then make your decision. I always like to be able to make my saves at a choice screen, so that I can get back to a decision point when wanting to go an a different path. Small point, don't know if it was done that way intentionally.

The story is interesting, and the presentation is very nice; will be going back to finish the demo shortly.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"