Briar [GxG, GxB] [Fantasy] [Fairytale]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Briar [GxG, GxB] [Fantasy] [Fairytale]

#16 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Aurélie wrote:Amaranthined and I are really happy to hear such positive feedback about our lovely ladies. Ideally in the game we'll be able to have characters with different body types because contrary to the media's belief, not every woman has an hourglass figure!
Go for it! Different body types---for women and men---would really make this stand out (more than it already does). Very, very few people actually qualify as hourglass without help from a corset.

Enjoy your new laptop! :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

mistactor

#17 Post by mistactor »

This looks really very interesting! Normally I don't touch fantasy, but this
Aurélie wrote:One of the game features we're super excited about is changing dynamics between characters and the protagonist Talia. If Talia's personality is manipulative, she's going to have a different dynamic with her love interest than a Talia who is kind.
and the imperial/colonial aspects just sounded too good to pass up on.

Looking forward to seeing this finished - good luck!

Aurélie
Regular
Organization: Lyonesse

#18 Post by Aurélie »

[throws streamers across the thread]

We now have a tumblr! We're going to be saving thread updates for more significant progress, and then using the tumblr for our "guys, guys, we decided this one character has blue eyes" updates. (Well. Not exactly.) This way you can find out more about us as a duo and the development process can be more fun and personal! So if you're interested in keeping up with things as they happen, we'll be posting works-in-progress, tests and sketches on the tumblr before we put them on the thread. Currently we're posting concept art for the side characters - there's a whole cast outside of the romanceable characters and we'd love to hear your feedback on all of them :D
Last edited by Aurélie on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Awesome! I'm following your tumblr now. (That reminds me . . . I really need to get around to actually making mine less empty and pathetic.)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#20 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Awesome! I'm following your tumblr now. (That reminds me . . . I really need to get around to actually making mine less empty and pathetic.)
— Mark Twain

amaranthined
Organization: Lyonesse

#21 Post by amaranthined »

Aurélie wrote:[throws streamers across the thread]

We now have a tumblr! We're going to be saving thread updates for more significant progress, and then using the tumblr for our "guys, guys, we decided this one character has blue eyes" updates. (Well. Not exactly.) This way you can find out more about us as a duo and the development process can be more fun and personal! So if you're interested in keeping up with things as they happen, we'll be posting works-in-progress, tests and sketches on the tumblr before we put them on the thread. Currently we're posting concept art for the side characters - there's a whole cast outside of the romanceable characters and we'd love to hear your feedback on all of them :D
In addition, I'd like to mention that the blog will be a way for us to interact with supporters and answer questions in a more casual/personal setting. This is where you'll get my pseudo-witty captionings on my sketches as well as more elaborate explanations of some parts of the VN like pre-game lore. So if you'd like to see what dorks we are outside of this thread, that's the place to find it <3

Also, I may at some point open up suggestions for sketches of characters that any of you are particularly interested in and we're happy to give (some) details about any of our romanceable characters if asked there !