Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)[DONE]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

Re: Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

#46 Post by Xerofit51 »

CatyCats wrote:I've been following this game for long, never commented it though. Your game reminds me of persona3 and I love your story! It's cute and wonderful how your story would turn out if you have a lover/friends/none and your choices!
Buuuut I have one problem : your link doesn't work? :s
I tried
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0w3w90eteofx04-all.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0w3w90eteofx
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0w3w90eteofx04
I keep getting this " dropbox -404 "
wait,is the beta already over?
Sorry, don't know what went wrong. But here, the beta is still available https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0w3w90eteofx ... l.zip?dl=0 (also fixed the one in the original post)

Sorry for your inconvinience, please tell me if you still can't download it. > < thank you!
Last edited by Xerofit51 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#47 Post by Xerofit51 »

Weoulf wrote:I played your demo last night! I enjoyed it so much; the story is very intriguing and of course, I love your art (especially your CGs, dang). Jackal was instantly my favourite, hahaha, but honestly all the characters are interesting and colourful. You've done a fantastic job so far, and I'm looking forward to more! I hope you're enjoying the work you're doing; you should be proud of yourself.

Regarding your other game, I think a short demo at the end will be fun. I like the concept of being able to choose your gender and body. I really think it's a good idea. You're very talented so I'd love to see more stuff from you.
Thank you, I'm glad people enjoyed it. Thanks for taking the time to comment about it. Really gave me the boost to continue my CG's huh...(CG's) I'll probably draw Ethon when I'm bored drawing my Cg's by the way :v. I'm looking forward for your work as well. Let's do our best! :3

...I like drawing Jackal. He's cute
cry.jpg

CatyCats
Regular

#48 Post by CatyCats »

1. Could you bare the story (haha), did I make it too insane or weird?
Nah, I suuuuuper liked it. Though I wanted more events. (though I'm asking too much)
2. Most awkward character route (and maybe how to improve it)?
Awkward...
3. Crashing/bugs?
No crashing and I don't know if this is a bug but when I sorta maxed my charm it was still Siren, and I did things that could raise yor charm again, and then I was irresistible.
Also there's a kinda bug of where you ask the sleeping guy the pendant, you could ask him again and again for the pendant but for the red-eyed girl it can only happen this once.
In luke route, scene of the playground where he lies on top of you, somewhere before or after: gona => gonna (right?)
For other grammar types (Didn't pay much attention...sorry! But the English is good!!)
Oh and in Kai's routes (probably in your room) He said for example "we gonna" double (I don't remember what it originally was)
4. Were you able to max out every route and skill by September 8th?
got all the romance routes (not that of chrystal because she has quit her job and that of the cop because I didn't want to know every romance route yet.
Got jackall to love me , luke almost, kai and Ish (he's my favvv)
5. Difficulty and pace of a game?
The difficulty was easy or normal and the pace was ... faster than persona 3 (like it !!)
6. Do I need to make the walkthrough?
Not really....except if I missed things :s . Malkav won't speak to me after the questions and
I got her in the school scene
but she still won't speak to me
7. Did you do all the quests? (There are the pendant quest, cat in tree, the girls near ur class, fat guy, ghost in subway and at school (2), ice cream, mustache guy, Craig, jacket, oh and the guy in club Lorentz with the suit)
I didn't got mustache guy? Or did I? ... but for the rest I got everything.
8. General thoughts and complaints?
Hmm...sometimes bored and wanted more events (Sorry T.T) because I had to raise the stats and all but at least, it's quicker than persona 3 (and it's probably better)
Ohhh I love the choices!!!
I love to kick the masked man
And OMG
I love jackall so much! When he was sleeping in my bed and when he cried ... *o* I love him more than the masked man! (ish)

9. Will you still play my game after this?

Duh! Of course! I love the routes! And side quests! And choices! And events!
Oh but I hope that was not the ending on 10th September :C
And when it is it the reeaaal ending? It is even further in December or not?

Xerofit51
Veteran

#49 Post by Xerofit51 »

CatyCats wrote:1. Could you bare the story (haha), did I make it too insane or weird?
Nah, I suuuuuper liked it. Though I wanted more events. (though I'm asking too much)

3. Crashing/bugs?
No crashing and I don't know if this is a bug but when I sorta maxed my charm it was still Siren, and I did things that could raise yor charm again, and then I was irresistible.
Also there's a kinda bug of where you ask the sleeping guy the pendant, you could ask him again and again for the pendant but for the red-eyed girl it can only happen this once.
In luke route, scene of the playground where he lies on top of you, somewhere before or after: gona => gonna (right?)
For other grammar types (Didn't pay much attention...sorry! But the English is good!!)
Oh and in Kai's routes (probably in your room) He said for example "we gonna" double (I don't remember what it originally was)
got all the romance routes (not that of chrystal because she has quit her job and that of the cop because I didn't want to know every romance route yet.

Not really....except if I missed things :s . Malkav won't speak to me after the questions and
I got her in the school scene
but she still won't speak to me

Hmm...sometimes bored and wanted more events (Sorry T.T) because I had to raise the stats and all but at least, it's quicker than persona 3 (and it's probably better)

Duh! Of course! I love the routes! And side quests! And choices! And events!
Oh but I hope that was not the ending on 10th September :C
And when it is it the reeaaal ending? It is even further in December or not?
1. I'm glad you liked it. I was worried hahaha.

3. Fixed :)

4. Made a memento about Crystal due date (The maximal time to max out her route)

6. Malkav only speaks to you before her route is done > <

8. Better? Waah I never thought someone would say that, thank u :3. It still has many flaws though :v. And sorry, but I don't think my heart (and body) can make more events ;_; . Plus, college is starting soon again for me. (After 3 months of college vacation...I don't think I even remember how to add things up :v

9. So sorry :( the ending will still be on September 10th. But I plan to end it with a bang, and reveal the mustache quest result on the 9th (hehe).

Thank you so much for testing my beta and taking time to answer my questions! Thanks a lot :)

Xerofit51
Veteran

#50 Post by Xerofit51 »

Ren'Py 6.17.3.327 lint report, generated at: Sun Aug 24 10:49:04 2014

Statistics:

The game contains 6,502 dialogue blocks, containing 51,524 words and 288,062
characters, for an average of 7.9 words and 44 characters per block.

The game contains 280 menus, 279 images, and 45 screens.
for some reason this makes me proud, and sad that I can't seem to reach my initial deadline.
Sorry but college starts again tomorrow so I can't draw/work on my game as much. Will push for September probably or December 25 at the latest. Thank you 4 ur time n attention :3

Lyyli
Regular

#51 Post by Lyyli »

I just finished the beta and oh em gee I loved it!
The characters were nice, I liked the game for both having light and dark themes. Also, very lovely art.

I really liked it! (And I like insane/weird stories fyi :3)

Hmm... not sure. I'll let this be for now.

3. Crashing/bugs?
Only thing I can think of is that the love meter sometimes resets and doesn't stay full when you have maxed someone in the notes section.

Yes!

I liked the pacing even though some days I would have nothing to do.

Well, if you feel like it, I mean I think it's pretty easy without.

7. Did you do all the quests? (There are the pendant quest, cat in tree, the girls near ur class, fat guy, ghost in subway and at school (2), ice cream, mustache guy, Craig, jacket, oh and the guy in club Lorentz with the suit)
I might have missed some, because I don't remember doing anything with the girl with the ghost in school.

More events would be awesome but as you will not have the amount of time much longer I can understand. Still, a very nice game!

Heck yeah.

I hope to see more games from you in the future (hopefully, who knows right?~)
Meep.

Erikka
Regular

#52 Post by Erikka »

I've finally played the demo! :D :D :D
wooow! The story was awesome! It was one of the most interesting plots I've read so far!

I've played Jackal (YES! NOW I KNOW HIS NAME! HE'S JACKAL :mrgreen: ), Kai, Luke and Ish routes... they all were good) not awkward at all! My favorite are Jackal and Ish. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I don't know why, but I wasn't very interested in Rick though his route didn't seem awkward in any way.
... I think all the routes can be improved if there is more communication/actions between Sonnya and the guys. They didn't really have many dates. Sometimes I couldn't understand why they fell for Sonnya. They had only few dialogue phrases and the dates were over. That was quite sad. Would be nice if you reveal more their characters.

3. Crashing/bugs?
When Sonnya worked in the bar(Ish bar) she often didn't get paid 3000 yen. After working there my money often stayed the same. Like she was working in vain.
no Jackal love meter and his character wasn't present in the "notes"(but maybe it had to be that way).
Also I've never been able to go to the restraunt alone or with one of the guys.(even if I had lots of money). I was always getting that dialogue:
"Table for one?"
"No, thanks"
(but maybe it's not a crash/bug)

The same with the mini-market... I never could enter it.

The difficulty was normal but there were many days when nothing happened so sometimes everything seemed too repetitive.

Would be nice to have the walkthrough, though the game is easy enough without one.

7. Did you do all the quests?
No, I think I've actually missed many. Honestly speaking, there were too many quests and I wanted to have more communication with the guys.

I enjoyed the demo! You did a great job! I think your game might become one of my favorites! :mrgreen:

...But I think most of the dialogues with "bachelors" were quite short, especially with Jackal. I would like more communication between Sonnya and the "bachelors".
I think there are two variants: First variant - to make the game shorter because there were too many repetitive days with same routine. OR! The second variant - to create more events or at least more dialogues...... Or maybe a compromise : to make the game shorter and to write more dialogues.

I really loved Jackal but was a bit disappointed that he and Sonnya didn't speak much, there were few short events and then I started to get "You don't think your bound with him can get any stronger".
Also, it's my personal whim, but I would like to see Jackal more often in his adult form. You've made him so gorgeous! He's hot hot hot!!! ... He could stay in his adult form but most of the time he was a tiny kid and it felt a bit strange)) (though it was obvious that he wanted to be an adult :D ) Also, I didn't really understand why he and other bachelors fell in love with Sonnya and what were Sonnya's feelings for the guys. But maybe you didn't want to reveal it in the demo.

My favorite moment was when Sonya woke up together with Jackal who was hugging her from the back. And then the moment between Sonya's mother and Jackal! I was laughing like crazy!

My second favorite moment was when Sonnya asked Ish to marry her! It was an awesome scene! You're a genius))
Kai was also nice. I liked his personality) a popular arrogant guy, cold in the beginnig but it was obvious that he liked Sonnya)

100% ! I can't wait for the release!
Last edited by Erikka on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Erikka
Regular

#53 Post by Erikka »

Almost forgot,
It was a little uncomfortable to open the map with Q. Would be better if the MAP key was closer to Ctrl. This way would be easier to skip repetitive days.
P.s. I'm sorry for my english and that I've written such a big comment. I had lots of emotions after playing the demo :))

Xerofit51
Veteran

#54 Post by Xerofit51 »

Lyyli wrote:I just finished the beta and oh em gee I loved it!
The characters were nice, I liked the game for both having light and dark themes. Also, very lovely art.

I really liked it! (And I like insane/weird stories fyi :3)

Hmm... not sure. I'll let this be for now.

3. Crashing/bugs?
Only thing I can think of is that the love meter sometimes resets and doesn't stay full when you have maxed someone in the notes section.

Yes!

I liked the pacing even though some days I would have nothing to do.

Well, if you feel like it, I mean I think it's pretty easy without.

I might have missed some, because I don't remember doing anything with the girl with the ghost in school.

More events would be awesome but as you will not have the amount of time much longer I can understand. Still, a very nice game!

Heck yeah.

I hope to see more games from you in the future (hopefully, who knows right?~)
About number 3...It's still does that? I'll look into it. Should have been fine though. No one else seems to experience this.

Thanks for ur input and support. Unfortunately I don't think I can make that much more events, but I will try my best! And yes, I will make more games, hopefully. :3

Xerofit51
Veteran

#55 Post by Xerofit51 »

Erikka wrote: 2. Most awkward character route (and maybe how to improve it)?
I've played Jackal (YES! NOW I KNOW HIS NAME! HE'S JACKAL :mrgreen: ), Kai, Luke and Ish routes... they all were good) not awkward at all! My favorite are Jackal and Ish. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I don't know why, but I wasn't very interested in Rick though his route didn't seem awkward in any way.
... I think all the routes can be improved if there is more communication/actions between Sonnya and the guys. They didn't really have many dates. Sometimes I couldn't understand why they fell for Sonnya. They had only few dialogue phrases and the dates were over. That was quite sad. Would be nice if you reveal more their characters.

3. Crashing/bugs?
When Sonnya worked in the bar(Ish bar) she often didn't get paid 3000 yen. After working there my money often stayed the same. Like she was working in vain.
no Jackal love meter and his character wasn't present in the "notes"(but maybe it had to be that way).
Also I've never been able to go to the restraunt alone or with one of the guys.(even if I had lots of money). I was always getting that dialogue:
"Table for one?"
"No, thanks"

The difficulty was normal but there were many days when nothing happened so sometimes everything seemed too repetitive.

Would be nice to have the walkthrough, though the game is easy enough without one.

No, I think I've actually missed many. Honestly speaking, there were too many quests and I wanted to have more communication with the guys.

I enjoyed the demo! You did a great job! I think your game might become one of my favorites! :mrgreen:

...But I think most of the dialogues with "bachelors" were quite short, especially with Jackal. I would like more communication between Sonnya and the "bachelors".
I think there are two variants: First variant - to make the game shorter because there were too many repetitive days with same routine. OR! The second variant - to create more events or at least more dialogues...... Or maybe a compromise : to make the game shorter and to write more dialogues.

I really loved Jackal but was a bit disappointed that he and Sonnya didn't speak much, there were few short events and then I started to get "You don't think your bound with him can get any stronger".
Also, it's my personal whim, but I would like to see Jackal more often in his adult form. You've made him so gorgeous! He's hot hot hot!!! ... He could stay in his adult form but most of the time he was a tiny kid and it felt a bit strange)) (though it was obvious that he wanted to be an adult :D ) Also, I didn't really understand why he and other bachelors fell in love with Sonnya and what were Sonnya's feelings for the guys. But maybe you didn't want to reveal it in the demo.

My favorite moment was when Sonya woke up together with Jackal who was hugging her from the back. And then the moment between Sonya's mother and Jackal! I was laughing like crazy!

My second favorite moment was when Sonnya asked Ish to marry her! It was an awesome scene! You're a genius))
Kai was also nice. I liked his personality) a popular arrogant guy, cold in the beginnig but it was obvious that he liked Sonnya)

2. Aah, yes I was expecting someone would feel that way. I myself was trying to push to make the development of their friendship to romance relate able or at least understandable, but alas...I have no time, so sadly I limited their interactions the best I can, plus I ran out of ideas, sorry. (Don't worry, Rick isn't my fav character either...so I may have been biased there. :v)

3. The first one (the money thing is a bug, others are intended :) -fixed the money thing though.

5. I will try to add more events and interactions, but because of my limited free time this may be impossible (I will try for Jackal's route though! He's easy to think up an event :v )

8. Thank you, but I think u played my beta not my demo :shock: it's cool though, but the beta is more like my system check for the complete game. It's a simpler version of the complete game I guess u can say that. So I won't make that much alterations from it. I'll try though, u have some great points sadly...I really am slammed with college and outside college work (Plus my last semester grades were..well....horrible. I didn't flunk but...well yeah...so I'm trying to regain my grades now)

9. Thank You! Hope I can finish my game too :3

Erikka
Regular

#56 Post by Erikka »

Xerofit51 wrote:
Erikka wrote: 2. Most awkward character route (and maybe how to improve it)?

3. Crashing/bugs?
"Table for one?"
"No, thanks"

2. Aah, yes I was expecting someone would feel that way. I myself was trying to push to make the development of their friendship to romance relate able or at least understandable, but alas...I have no time, so sadly I limited their interactions the best I can, plus I ran out of ideas, sorry. (Don't worry, Rick isn't my fav character either...so I may have been biased there. :v)

3. The first one (the money thing is a bug, others are intended :) -fixed the money thing though.

5. I will try to add more events and interactions, but because of my limited free time this may be impossible (I will try for Jackal's route though! He's easy to think up an event :v )

8. Thank you, but I think u played my beta not my demo :shock: it's cool though, but the beta is more like my system check for the complete game. It's a simpler version of the complete game I guess u can say that. So I won't make that much alterations from it. I'll try though, u have some great points sadly...I really am slammed with college and outside college work (Plus my last semester grades were..well....horrible. I didn't flunk but...well yeah...so I'm trying to regain my grades now)

9. Thank You! Hope I can finish my game too :3

Yes, you were right. I played your beta version not your demo version.
I imagine how busy you should be because of college...Maybe you take more time to finish the game?... I also think that it's not that easy to invent more events... if you're out of ideas then maybe it's easier to make longer conversations between Sonnya and the guys instead of inventing new events?(though a bit more of events would be great)

Anyway, I think your work is great. Maybe you shouldn't hurry. Just take your time and make the game the best you can.

By the way, I was curious who is your favorite bachelor and whose character route you think is the most awkward?) :D

melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

#57 Post by melelisun »

Might seem sort of strange but I love the GUI to pieces ^^

Also, interesting synopsis. Sounds like there's a bit more to this than a normal stat-raising otome game. Good luck!
Image Image

potsolnyx

#58 Post by potsolnyx »

I just finished the beta and demo. Wao! The story was awesome! It was one of the most interesting plots. I like it. I think your work is great♪

Not awkward at all. They all were good! All the characters are interesting. I'm glad that there is Jackal, that he has his own route. Can I say that? He also has his own route, right?
I was surprised by Kai's route. In a good way. I didn't expect it. Both times. That was cool. I was pleased with the route Ish. With both "Marry me"!
I played Luke and Rick. Honestly I wasn't very interested in Rick. His route didn't seem awkward. Just not my character.
As for Miru and Crystal. It was very interesting to become their friends. Nana don't speak with me.

3. Crashing/bugs?

Mini-market... I never could enter it.
Blonde at the bar, who working in a hospital. I cann't come up to her on the weekend, even if I raised charm to irresistable.
On the board didn't disappear quest - Ghost for pink girl or a vacancy on the work doesn't go away, even if you are already working.

Yes~

The difficulty was normal, but there were days when nothing happened and nothing to do.

The game is easy enough without one.

Almost. Вut Mustache guy and Craig... I'm not sure.

I enjoyed the demo and beta! Wao! You did a great job. Incredible♪
My favorite moment was when Sonnya woke up together with Jackal who was hugging her from the back. Of course, and what followed thereafter. Mom incredible.
I like Kai. I was surprised. I liked it. Cool. I like his personality. As I already wrote. I like both "Marry me" in Ish route. Bravo.
I love to kick the masked man (^ ^) Crystal was interesting. After that I became more curious about what the story behind it all. Thanks for that♪
I really loved Jackal. He's soooo cute.
I would like to see Jackal more often in his adult form. He's gorgeous! He's hot! Great job!
But I was a bit disappointed that he and Sonnya didn't speak much or didn't spend much time together. Whether this is true for the other guys too. I lacked communication between Sonnya and the guys. They had a few dates. I would like more communication and meetings between them. Then it would be feeling their approach to each other. I don't know, at least walked home together, called each other, the guys invited Sonnya take a walk, go to the park or coffee. Wants to add more events in the game (not necessarily connected with the guys or related to them) or at least more dialogues between characters. Would be nice if you reveal more their characters. For example, Sonnya in the city and there Crystal offers Nana recolor hair color in pink or on the station Ish drags Kai somewhere. Sonia just a witness and not a participant in the conversation.
I like David and I don't know why. After the story of a ghost, he didn't appear. I'm sad. Don't pay attention~.

I can't wait for the release♪

You've done a fantastic job! I like your art. Amazing♥
The story is very intriguing. I didn't expect the end of the game ... I even said nooooo. I forgot that this is not a complete game. So I was fascinated by the game. I want more. Thank you very much for your work, your time and for the wonderful future game♪

I think your work is great. Take your time and make the game the best you can. I wish you good luck and inspiration in everything♪

Erikka
Regular

#59 Post by Erikka »

Any news about the progress of the game?) I'm a stalker of this project so I really need at least some small news)

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#60 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Sadly, my internet cannot connect to some sites, and this plus 4shared are two of those sites. I really wish to play the beta though. If you could upload it to google drive, I would be able to download it there. However, you don't have to if you don't want to. This is a great game, and I would just love to play it.