Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)[DONE]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

Re: Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

#61 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Very nice looking art particularly in the GCs. Hope progress is going well.

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

#62 Post by Xerofit51 »

long time no post~ I'm currently struggling to finish my work due to college and 'Osjur' (If anyone is intrigued by this, google it about Indonesia, don't be surprised with what pops up though), but I literally have nly 5 CG's to draw and I can release it so thanks for all of you who still support me and wish me luck~

piichimi
Regular
Projects: A+ Switch! (Visual Novel)

#63 Post by piichimi »

Sonnya gray reminds me tremendously of Sonia Nevermind from Super Dangan Ronpa 2, even the name is similar, were you in some way influenced by Dangan Ronpa? or was it just mere coincidence.

Other than that, the game looks good.
Probably will download it when I get home.

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#64 Post by akemicchi »

Glad to see you're still working on this game! :D I'm also glad to hear you're really close to finishing! Good luck! Just a little more! I'm super excited for this release; I laughed so hard playing this game. o|-<

Xerofit51
Veteran

#65 Post by Xerofit51 »

piichimi wrote:Sonnya gray reminds me tremendously of Sonia Nevermind from Super Dangan Ronpa 2, even the name is similar, were you in some way influenced by Dangan Ronpa? or was it just mere coincidence.

Other than that, the game looks good.
Probably will download it when I get home.
Yeah I get that a lot, I never played/known Dangan Ronpa before people pointed out she looks like Sonia Nevermind :v. As for her name, it's actually from my friend's name who once made a Harvest moon VN doujin with me (Where The Doctor can marry grass, And Gray was the grandson of a yakuza lord lol...) Sonnyaws @ deviantart, she's a very talented artist.
akemicchi wrote:Glad to see you're still working on this game! :D I'm also glad to hear you're really close to finishing! Good luck! Just a little more! I'm super excited for this release; I laughed so hard playing this game. o|-<
Thank you So much it means a lot coming from you! Ah, but I'm sad to say my released version won't be that different from my beta you tested :') , I added a couple of events but that's the continuation toward the ending so...yeah...
I'm looking forward for magicians of Delphine by the way! Oh and your blog is really fun to read, it's nice to know you're working on another project as well (that Raising Sim game idea) Good luck :)

Sharane
Regular

#66 Post by Sharane »

1. Could you bare the story (haha), did I make it too insane or weird?
Of course! It´s very original story though I admit,
I didn´t see the "almost death" of Sonnya comming and it was a little shocking. And the scene in a mall as well. But it is something different so yes, I like your story :)
2. Most awkward character route (and maybe how to improve it)?
There is no awkward character for me.
I finds Nana very interesting, I guessed Sonnya could get well along with her after all. Also, I have some questions. Is it possible to convince Jackall to stay in his "older" form? I´m glad he will be also considered as a "bachelor" :wink:
3. Crashing/bugs?
1) I had full bar of courage and athletics and I still wasn´t able to get the cat from the tree. May be I should do something more but don´t know what...
2) The sleeping man gave me the blue necklace two times.
7. Did you do all the quests? (There are the pendant quest, cat in tree, the girls near ur class, fat guy, ghost in subway and at school (2), ice cream, mustache guy, Craig, jacket, oh and the guy in club Lorentz with the suit)
Nope, I didn´t get mustache guy, Craig and guy in club Lorentz and the cat as I wrote before.

9. Will you still play my game after this?
Sure :) By the way, are you planning to add some "skip" button? Just ask because in that case that I would like to get another end and I would have to start from the beginning, I would appreciate the button like this :)

I´m really curious how it ends, I will stalk your topic :)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#67 Post by akemicchi »

Xerofit51 wrote:Thank you So much it means a lot coming from you! Ah, but I'm sad to say my released version won't be that different from my beta you tested :') , I added a couple of events but that's the continuation toward the ending so...yeah...
I don't mind! :D I'd happily play it again, if only to get into the atmosphere of the game in preparation for the ending scenes. I'm super excited to see how it all ends.

Haha, and thanks very much! @v@ Again, good luck with everything!

Erikka
Regular

#68 Post by Erikka »

I'm happy to read that you've added a couple of events. I hope the dialogues became a bit bigger too.
I stalk this project all the time. Can't wait to play it! Hope that the endings will be epic!

Xerofit51
Veteran

Re: Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)[D

#69 Post by Xerofit51 »

I'M ALIVE!! AND I PASSED MY THERMODYNAMICS TEST WOHOOOOO
anyway, I finally finished my game, haven't tested on any other computers though. If crashing occurs please inform me. Oh and sorry if there are typos :oops:
link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r6t4t ... al-all.zip
Last edited by Xerofit51 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#70 Post by Xerofit51 »

Anyway, if I get 2000 downloads or more and 50 comments or more again like the demo release. I'd probs make another game with rpg maker or renpy again.
Here's the plot for it. (It's kinda a continuation of Freak-quency if u get the ***** ending, but u don't have to play freakquency to enjoy the game.)

Plot:

Imagine a world where humans have all gain superhuman abilities, except for a few late bloomers, and some who don't gain any special abilities are often treated like trash or even killed off.
To restore balance and some sort of power control, All those below 20 are obliged to go to school where they will learn to control their powers and also learn how to treat each other accordingly (without using their powers against each other etc and etc).

All student Have a P.E.T (Personal Electronical Tracker) the shape and character of the robotic 'pet' is up to the student creativity and status (Students with more dangerous or powerful powers have a higher rank or higher surveillance priority than other students and often are treated differently) the more good you are the more freedom you have without your robotic pet. However if you revolt, or misused your powers, especially against non powered humans (yes they go to school too, but they are only taught the basic school stuff, Chem, Math, you know the drill) the more your PET watches you. If you act out too much, the PET will plant itself on your body (Like an accessory, for example a spider like bracelet on your forearm, neck or sumthing) and shock you/burn you with the intensity depending on your behavior. If you are unable to turn over a new leaf the PET will kill you.

In a world where human rights are a blur and power means everything. Two group of people have formed in society, Ones who wish to eradicate the weak and leave only the strong to do as they please and ones who wish to restore balance, let those without power live without fear. The player was one of these groups, but he/she (You can choose the gender) was killed by a member of her organization, but as you were on the land of the dead someone granted you a chance to take control of a non powered student (You can choose the body gender, it doesn't have to be the same as the player's gender) who committed suicide, with a catch that you will not remember who killed you and what got you killed.

The player accepts this catch but is shocked when later on knows he/she isn't the only one in this body, the original owner is still alive there and you're both gonna have to share control. Will you be able to balance out both student life and the life of a rebellion? catch your killer? more importantly, can you get a body of your own?

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#71 Post by AsHLeX »

Yes!! It's released! Finally~ Congratz!!! :)
Best Xmas present ever hahaha
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Erikka
Regular

#72 Post by Erikka »

I got the true ending but how to get other endings? Is there a good ending in the game?? I was hoping for some endings with Jackal and Ish but I guess there are no love endings?? Pity, I wanted so much to know how will finish the story between Sonnya and Jackal/Ish. :cry: :cry: I will miss them so much! I adore the characters of this game :D
Last edited by Erikka on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CatyCats
Regular

#73 Post by CatyCats »

Yaay!!!
I played this and I must say....truly beautiful. OMGMGMGMGMGMGMG I seriously LOVE
Jackall!!!!! All his love and those 2 different kisses!!! SHOTA-KON? hahahahaha I love himmmmm , Thank you for making him available!!! And oooh his crying face <33 So adorable!!! He makes my heart go wild!
Though I was still faithful to my Ish. Even though I've been hanging with all the other guys, I rejected their love.
I got the true ending, but I wonder what the other 2 endings are.
probably the bad and the good one. The bad one must be like:: Hahahaha I am evil! Kneel before me, mortals! and the good one must be like.....Idk. IS there an ending with ish? Q.Q HE was saying "I'm going to be a good man, just for you" What happens after? D: BUT the happy part is : Those cg's !!! *nosebleed*
You did a really fine job! I wasn't bored! Truly nicely done! I noticed there are a couple of more events. Lovely! I love you!
Say, you should post this also at the "completed games threat" :D I'm proud you made this beautiful game! A nice christmas present too! (I played this while I'm pausing of my studies, couldn't wait to play it afterall...)

Xerofit51
Veteran

#74 Post by Xerofit51 »

Erikka wrote:I got the true ending but how to get other endings? Is there a good ending in the game?? I was hoping for some endings with Jackal and Ish but I guess there are no love endings?? Pity, I wanted so much to know how will finish the story between Sonnya and Jackal/Ish. :cry: :cry: I will miss them so much! I adore the characters of this game :D
CatyCats wrote:Yaay!!!
I played this and I must say....truly beautiful. OMGMGMGMGMGMGMG I seriously LOVE
probably the bad and the good one. The bad one must be like:: Hahahaha I am evil! Kneel before me, mortals! and the good one must be like.....Idk. IS there an ending with ish? Q.Q HE was saying "I'm going to be a good man, just for you" What happens after? D: BUT the happy part is : Those cg's !!! *nosebleed*
You did a really fine job! I wasn't bored! Truly nicely done! I noticed there are a couple of more events. Lovely! I love you!
Say, you should post this also at the "completed games threat" :D I'm proud you made this beautiful game! A nice christmas present too! (I played this while I'm pausing of my studies, couldn't wait to play it afterall...)
Thanks 4 playing my game ~ Don't worry, if I get to my second game I will probably mention previous characters haha

@CatyCats
The bad one is correct, the good one....Sonnya gets to stay in earth with Jackal, and Kai and all the guys chase her to see who she wants to marry haha
if you max their love bar the bachelors would say they love you. I consider that an ending haha
well anyway
there is a good, bad, and true ending
how to get them:
bad : evil (red morals) must be over 50% of the bar
easy way to get this: get yourself cursed by asking something in return for returning the pendant, repeatedly saying no to the man named Lewis sitting on the bar alone
good : max all relationships (this is possible, you can max them especially in August except for Crystal who must be maxed before July. but you should make note of everyone's deadline
Like Crystal and Rick who can only be talked to until July and June respectively
also if you max all bachelors (including Jackal) and answered 'will cheat' when the mustache man asked you you will get a special event during Sonnya's bday (my favorite event actually)
They will know you cheated on them because the mustache man was apparently a tv host, he recorded all your dates and put it on tv. All guys knew you cheat on them forcing Sonnya to do drastic measures like jumping out the window, thank fully Lilly showed the guys something to make them Sonnya's lovers again

Xerofit51
Veteran

#75 Post by Xerofit51 »

Accidentally deleted the download file uhuk2, here's the file http://www.mediafire.com/download/r6t4t ... al-all.zip (Also in front page)

Here's a Tips and Tricks file http://www.mediafire.com/view/m1g3yh95drfpcz1/Hints.txt