Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)[DONE]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)[DONE]

#1 Post by Xerofit51 »

FREAK-QUENCY - Comic (2017)

One game is not enough for you how about a comic?
That's right, Freak Quency, the prequel of Amplitude is now on Lezhin Comics!!

:arrow: FQ COMIC TEASER:
https://www.facebook.com/sakonized/vide ... 616394240/
:arrow: FQ WEBTOON NOW ON LEZHIN:
https://www.lezhin.com/en/comic/freak

Untitled.jpg
FREAK-QUENCY - Visual Novel (2014)
Genre: Otome, Sci-Fi, Romance, Comedy
NON-COMMERCIAL

:arrow: FINISHED PRODUCT:
Here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r6t4t ... al-all.zip

INDIRECT SEQUEL:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/70468 ... ual_Novel/

*Hints and Tips:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm22no8he6bri ... y.txt?dl=0

WARNINGS: blood, death, mentions of homosexuality and kissing

Synopsis:
Freak-Quency, known to most people as a popular Virtual Reality video game. Then why is it that many of their players are being killed. It doesn't help with the fact that your brother is missing and he turns out to be an avid Freak-quency player. Where is he? Is he dead, alive, and why is all the freak-quency players dying!?

You play this game as Sonnya Gray, a young 16 year old whose attitude can be sweet or bitter depending on your choices. This is an otome game with a simple persona portable based map system and stat raising . You can basically do whatever you want, get a guy, make friends, or not. However be advised...that the choices you make will ultimately determine your fate.

Map for freak-quency:
FREAK.jpg
Video preview of me (sorta) playing Freak-quency:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1glkzU7 ... e=youtu.be

Characters:

1. Sonnya Gray
sonnya.png
The main character. A 16 year old girl who's rather quirky and has a deep bond with her older brother, Milo. Determined to find her brother no matter what. Has a rather dark past that she'd rather not let anyone know about.

Bachellors:
2. Kai
Ai.png
A misterious freak-quency player who often gives Sonnya the cold shoulder. Despite his cold and blunt nature he actually cares for Sonnya, he rarely shows it though. Has an obsession with sweets and turns out to be one of your schoolmates.

3. Luke
Luke_wink.png
A singer in a bar. Used to be a freak-quency player, dropped out due to unknown reasons. Despite his flirtatious behaviour he actually isn't interested in Sonnya...well not yet at least.

4. Rick
cop.png
a cop working to keep freak-quency away from the public. Isn't a freak-quency player. Works to protect freak-quency because of a deal he made. Yearns to kill his sister's killer.

5. ???
zed.png
a masked man who tried to kill you and your friend. A retired freak-quency guardian, currently works as a thief and has a weird curiosity for Sonnya.

6. Jackal

I'd rather not say anything about this one....just know that this guy ended up being a bachellor because of a request from players that tried my demo :v

7. Others....
x.jpg
There are lots :v (most have their own route so...yeah...)

CG samples:
timpa.jpg
drown.jpg
background samples:

Most are from uncle Mugen's free resources. But some are my friends work (My darling bff sakon04):
night.jpg
jewelry.jpg
Notes:
Well at first, I did this thing because of issues I had in college (slight depression -__- ) and I thought it could get my mind off of things. It really helped soothe me and I kinda got carried away with it. So yeah...guess I'm gonna finish it.

This is my second game with ren'py and my first game that I create the story and art (beside backgrounds) on my own so yeah...

I'm not a native English speaker but my friend is a grammar Nazi so hopefully she can at least minimized the typos and grammatical errors haha.

Game Features:
- 5 love interests
- 4 friends
- 2 other undefined character routes
- 3 endings
- a lot of CG (maybe 20 or more) Not sure....
- Currrently over 280 choices :v

Game Progress as of 22/12/2014:
- Story Script : 100%
- Word Count: 50,735
- Characters : 100%
- Songs & Sound Effects : 100%
- CGs : 55/55
- Background : 100%
- Programming : 100%
- GUI : 100% (Used uncle mugen's GUI with little icon editing)

:arrow: FINISHED PRODUCT:
:!: (HAVEN'T TESTED ON OTHER COMPUTERS)
Here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r6t4t ... al-all.zip

PLEASE INFORM ME IF YOU EXPERIENCE CRASHING OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT
P.S : I made this for windowed mode so I don't recommend full screening it

"Sometimes...the game becomes the reality you tried to escape from."

http://lezhin.com/en/comic/freak
Attachments
c.jpg
Last edited by Xerofit51 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:37 am, edited 26 times in total.

buttdumpling
Regular
Projects: Dämmerung

Re: Freak-Quency (GXB, otome, sci-fi, comedy)

#2 Post by buttdumpling »

wow! your character designs are great, the colors all work well, you have multiple basic (but natural looking!) poses, and the characters all look really unique :)
The drown.jpg is extra cool, your perspective is awesome :O
And I love sci-fi, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this ! <3

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#3 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Oh hey! A thread here finally \m/
Look at all the choices lol. I'm really looking forward to this! Especially the system like P3P, I love how your characters are so unique~
PS. "just know that this guy ended up being a bachellor because of a request from players that tried my demo :v" Yup... I'm loving you more and more now.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#4 Post by Xerofit51 »

buttdumpling wrote:wow! your character designs are great, the colors all work well, you have multiple basic (but natural looking!) poses, and the characters all look really unique :)
The drown.jpg is extra cool, your perspective is awesome :O
And I love sci-fi, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this ! <3
Thank you I was actually worried about tgat drown.jpg cuz i'm not used to drawing bubbles and odd persepectives. I'm pushing to finish at 25th August. Hope u'll try my beta when it's out

Xerofit51
Veteran

#5 Post by Xerofit51 »

Mimi_Melody wrote:Oh hey! A thread here finally \m/
Look at all the choices lol. I'm really looking forward to this! Especially the system like P3P, I love how your characters are so unique~
PS. "just know that this guy ended up being a bachellor because of a request from players that tried my demo :v" Yup... I'm loving you more and more now.
Oh hey you. Aww thanks for your support all this time! Yes a thread is finally here :v, I honestly was suprissed myself when the lint said I have 253 menus i was like...whaaat?? But well yeh haha

lila92

#6 Post by lila92 »

Hi!
I love your idea of creating an otome game with sci-fi, your art and cgs are fantastic! I like games with a lot of choices and that give the opportunity to decide the personality of the main character.

Good luck with the project!

Lyyli
Regular

#7 Post by Lyyli »

Oooh I love P3P so seeing that system in an otome game is pretty cool! Your art and designs are really great and the story sounds promising.
Meep.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#8 Post by Akitsuki »

This looks interesting! The characters are rather unique and the main menu is just so sci-fi-y (LOL I'm making up words here)
Good luck with it!!

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#9 Post by AsHLeX »

Wow! Looks great! :D Gonna look forward to this one ^^" The art is awesome and I like the concept too.
New demo out 24/12/23!!

cosmic latte
Projects: Notturno, Project Lovingly
Organization: Iridescence VNs

#10 Post by cosmic latte »

Your art is really lovely, and I love those character designs. *q* Excited for this one!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by try10 »

Everything looks great and I like the fact that there are many choices to make that influence Sonnya's fate. :) I can't wait for the full game to be released! Keep up the good work!

Xerofit51
Veteran

#12 Post by Xerofit51 »

Waa thanks everyone. TBH I honestly thought people won't be interested in my games. I'm definitely gonna push it now! Oh and just asking, is anyone interested in playing my beta? I'm almost done with all the character dates and such and I would need testers to perfect the system (Is it possible to date all guys in one play? Time to max out all skills? Do I need to make a gamefaq? How much money you can gain, oh and whether people fell to my trap quests fufufu). Keep in mind though that a lot of plot will be spoiled in the beta (although it might be a bit confusing in some parts cause I haven't finished The CGs) if anyone is fine with that and willing to be my testers please let me know.

Ays-chan

#13 Post by Ays-chan »

I am interested in playing the beta ^^ And just wanted to say,i've been stalk- i mean following you since the day that the demo came out.I'm so excited to see how the game will turn out.btw when i saw that Jackal became one of the bachellors i fangirled like crazy >.< Thank you so much for doing it.Aaand sorry for my bad english i'm not a native speaker :oops:

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#14 Post by AsHLeX »

I would beta-test, but unfortunately i'm in a busy period of my life right now D: I wanna help beta!! (://crai) Exams pilled up one after another *sobs* Good luck, though!
I'll definitely play the game when it comes out, though. Looking forward to it :D
New demo out 24/12/23!!

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#15 Post by sasquatchii »

This looks awesome! I would most definitely help beta test this :)
ImageImage