Change![GxG,GxB] [Romance,Comedy]Update 2/27/2015

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
octacon100
Regular
Projects: Regeria Hope
Organization: Golden Game Barn
IRC Nick: Octacon100

Re: Change![GxG,GxB] [Romance, Comedy]-Kickstarter coming so

#16 Post by octacon100 »

Wow, the art in this game is amazing, I wish you luck in your kickstarter. I'll try this out in English tonight!
Current Digital Projects -
Regiera Hope Completed Game Forum Post

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#17 Post by gekiganwing »

I'm curious as to what "Change!" will say about its setting. What's different about where they live? What do you as a writer think about it? Also, consider letting the town where the characters live be another character. If you're not sure what I mean, then listen to Writing Excuses' audio discussion The City as a Character.
sasquatchii wrote:... I was a little confused by some of what you wrote in your original post. There are certain parts of your sentences that seem off, which is understandable if your second language is English. (My first and only language is English and I still get it wrong sometimes). If you haven't already, I would maybe think about finding someone to help translate the game to English so it is easy to understand.
Kazzthecat, I recommend finding a reliable person who can check the English version of your story for errors. In other words, look for an editor who will help you make sure your writing has no typos, grammar errors, or inconsistencies.

Kazzthecat
Projects: Change!
Deviantart: KazztheKnight
Soundcloud: mewiekazz

#18 Post by Kazzthecat »

Our artists was so happy when i show them the replies. We are trying to improve skills for artwork and game structure as well.
... I was a little confused by some of what you wrote in your original post. There are certain parts of your sentences that seem off, which is understandable if your second language is English. (My first and only language is English and I still get it wrong sometimes). If you haven't already, I would maybe think about finding someone to help translate the game to English so it is easy to understand.
Kazzthecat, I recommend finding a reliable person who can check the English version of your story for errors. In other words, look for an editor who will help you make sure your writing has no typos, grammar errors, or inconsistencies.
Thanks guys, for your concern about language issues. Actually, i just use English to study business at my college, so my capability now is self study programming, announce info about our project and answer your question and feedback. We already have staffs one translation and one for proofreading to check error. So, our English version will be more literally for English user as primary language.

Solry
Projects: CHANGE!
Organization: Meowl team
IRC Nick: Anh

#19 Post by Solry »

Greeting,
I'm the team leader of Meowl team -those who created this project.
It seems like many of you concern about our English translation for Change! Worry not! Kazz is our coder & his english's not very good.
Actually we have 2 writers with IELTs 6.5, 7.0 and a proof reader with IELT 8.5 as well as many native speakers to be beta testers. So i'm sure you won't be dissapointed!
Anw, thank you all for your support! >w<