When the Bells Toll (OUDATED THREAD)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Tatty
Regular
Projects: Buyan

Re: When the Bells Toll (Romantic Suspense)

#16 Post by Tatty »

The mystery sub-genre...

The KN-style...

A familiar kind of font..!

I'm all over this! On that note, I've got to say, the thing that gets my attention most (although I'm really enjoying the character potential so far!) is that it's set in Montreal. A beautiful city, one I hope to visit again at some point... : ) I'll be keeping an eye peeled for a demo and rooting for you!

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by Lishy »

Archived Old Post, Oct 04, 2014 :
Tatty wrote:The mystery sub-genre...

The KN-style...

A familiar kind of font..!

I'm all over this! On that note, I've got to say, the thing that gets my attention most (although I'm really enjoying the character potential so far!) is that it's set in Montreal. A beautiful city, one I hope to visit again at some point... : ) I'll be keeping an eye peeled for a demo and rooting for you!
Hey man, thanks! I'll do my best to keep everyone informed! Feel free to PM me if you'd like in on early-access for our demo, too! ;)

While I'm reluctant to announce any "official" release dates, my own personal hope is to release this by February. Understand, our demo will be quite massive. I've actually been really hard at work on the script, so sorry for the lack of updates lately. I do promise some cool stuff to come, though!

As for Montreal, expect references to Poutine and Hockey somewhere in the story. I want this to be a very distinctly "Western" story, with a heavy Canadian flavor to it.

Speaking of which, I need to get around to updating the first post with our new summary:
Decembers in Montreal are full of holiday celebrations and festivities; some might even say that they become magical. The border between fantasy and reality begins to wane, and the people wish for their holiday miracles to come true with all their hearts.

However, if one listens closely, one might catch the hushed words of death and madness; a taboo spoken only in twisted whispers. There are rumours of demons lurking in the shadows of a certain school, hunting for prey whenever its bells toll inexplicably at night. Slithering sounds and weird substances ooze from its vents. A series of seemingly paranormal murders take place in this school, leaving only the blood and chewed corpses of its victims each December.

It's okay to scream. It's okay to cry. But never look directly into its eyes or run. Do not trigger its hunting instinct. Stand perfectly still, otherwise a slaughter will take place. The true howler in the darkness hunts for the blood of Nyarlathotep.

The question isn't who or what is behind these murders, but why? Why do these rumours hound Menlo and Kagra like so? Is it possible for them to simply ignore the murders, and live a happy life together? Will they find innocence in a world painted with demons and sin?
Last edited by Lishy on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-

Tatty
Regular
Projects: Buyan

#18 Post by Tatty »

Ooh - that summary looks interesting indeed. You expect a PM from me, and soon! :D

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#19 Post by Caveat Lector »

I want this to be a very distinctly "Western" story, with a heavy Canadian flavor to it.
Yay for Canadian-set VN's! :D
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

#20 Post by melelisun »

Wow, this looks simply gorgeous! I like how there's not only Romance, but also Suspense :) Eagerly anticipating the release!

Also I really like how you include people of different races and skin colors. :D
Image Image

verysunshine
Veteran
Organization: Wild Rose Interactive

#21 Post by verysunshine »

You had my interest at "Montreal" and my full attention at "a massacre forty years ago". I immediately thought of the October Crisis. I'm sorry- I know it doesn't make sense, but after I read that I immediately went to Google to check when the October Crisis took place.

Either way, I'd like to see this project completed.

Build the basics first, then add all the fun bits.

Please check out my games on my itch.io page!

PaupauSenpai
Regular
Projects: The Color of Life

#22 Post by PaupauSenpai »

This looks amazing! Such dedication, your hard work definitely pays off ;w;
Is this supposed to be inspired by Higurashi When They Cry? The plot and name seems like a shout out to it...xD
Current Project:
The Color of Life, a slice-of-life otome game with a hint of fantasy, dreamworlds...and bunny and kitty boys.
Link to the WIP thread here

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Lishy »

PaupauSenpai wrote:This looks amazing! Such dedication, your hard work definitely pays off ;w;
Is this supposed to be inspired by Higurashi When They Cry? The plot and name seems like a shout out to it...xD
I'm greatly inspired by the works of Ryukishi07, and the way he drives his mystery and horror through drama.

However, I think that once people read Bells, they will discover something very different and unique. It's really a story about self-discovery and identity, and I've taken a lot of inspiration from Buddhism. Of course, it's also a story about bartending and cocktails. There's really a lot this story has to offer, outside the mystery itself. I want the slice of life aspects of this story to be just as important.
Last edited by Lishy on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#24 Post by Rinima »

Is this still alive?
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#25 Post by infel »

Rinima wrote:Is this still alive?

Ah yes it is. They've been updating their blog. They just haven't done it here yet sadly =(.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#26 Post by Rinima »

infel wrote:

Ah yes it is. They've been updating their blog. They just haven't done it here yet sadly =(.
Oh good, I was worried XD
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Lishy »

Yup! I've been hard at work, so haven't had much time for posting.

I'm undergoing script revisions again, so there is an understandable large delay. Although this is quite important, since I want to bring the project up to a higher standard of quality. I've since also envisioned ideas I wish to explore, which I'm fitting into the plot.

Be sure to follow our official dev blog for all the latest updates: http://lilium-noire.tumblr.com/
-

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Lishy »

UPDATE AGAIN!

So some good news.

Lots of story progress has been made. I'm finlly done the retcons I was working on over the past few months, and revised my plans for arc 1. The demo is almost done the storyboarding process, with only chapter 2 needing storyboarding, and chapters 1 and 3 finished that process.

In addition, we're doing our final touches to the GUI and menus. From now on, I should be posting a lot more screenshots.

-

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Silent Column Demo, Memory Mage
Projects: The Silent Column, A Lily from the Lightless Water, A Castle on an Island
Deviantart: SelLillianna
itch: SelLillianna

#29 Post by SelLi »

Nice, that's great to hear. :) Thanks for the update.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by Lishy »

What I been working on today.

-