Deleted

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

Re: Lucid9 [BxG] [Mystery, Romance]

#16 Post by melelisun »

A logo has been created by Sonya and all graphics have been updated accordingly :)
Image Image

Gospel
Regular
Completed: SHINRAI - Broken Beyond Despair
Projects: GENBA no Kizuna
Organization: GosatsuVNs
Tumblr: gosatsuvns
itch: gosatsuvns

#17 Post by Gospel »

Finally I got the time to take a closer look at this project.
The art is really nice and cute and I've been listening to the music samples on your page (btw. the link in the opening post 404s), and so far really like the currently available tracks (especially Macabre Discovery... rather simple, but sounds really creepy. I love that kinda stuff.).

Since this involves murder, it definitely has my curiosity :lol: Can't wait for the demo!
SHINRAI - Broken Beyond Despair is a murder mystery visual novel.
To learn more, click on the pic above or visit our website: http://gosatsu.com/

melelisun
Regular

#18 Post by melelisun »

Whoops! Thanks for that! Changed the link to actually be relevant x)
Image Image

melelisun
Regular

#19 Post by melelisun »

Today, we're celebrating the 6 month anniversary of Fallen Snow Studios! *Confetti*

An adorable chibi Rui, courtesy of our chibi artist Nina!

It's so interesting to look back and see how much progress we've made. If you'd like to know more about the story behind Fallen Snow Studios, feel free to check out our blog post here: http://lucid9.weebly.com/blog/fallen-sn ... ths-part-1

Also, we will be partnering with Joilly to release not only the Lucid9 Day One demo, but also the entire VN! The demo will be playable only on our website and Joilly's for the moment, as a download future has not been implemented (but it 's in the pipeline, so no worries :) ) If you're interested, you can get more information on Joilly at this thread: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 57&t=27279

Now for some assets (yes, I'm sure that's what you guys are actually interested in ;) )

See attachments for the textbox we're planning to have!

A colored lineart of Yahiko, courtesy of our new male artist Elphaze!

And the main menu theme for Lucid9, courtesy of our composer Blue Wolfie! https://soundcloud.com/bluewolfie/lucid ... u-theme-v2

The demo for Day 1 is planned for release at the very end of September. Hopefully, a precise release date will be available soon. :)

Thank you all for your support!
Attachments
Textbox we're planning to have!
Textbox we're planning to have!
Image Image

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

#20 Post by unknown5 »

looking forward to the demo. =) best of luck!
information wants to be free, yo.

melelisun
Regular

Re: [DEMO! Day One alpha] Lucid9 [BxG] [Mystery, Romance]

#21 Post by melelisun »

Woohoo! The alpha demo for Day One of Lucid9 is released and available to play at http://lucid9.weebly.com/play-the-demo.html

Please keep in mind that this an alpha demo, so some features are not available yet:

- Save / Load
- Settings
- Skip / Fast Forward
- Backlog
- Download / offline feature

All of these features will be gradually added to the demo in the near future, it will just take a bit of time!

If you're having any problems loading the demo, be patient, the first loading can take some time, especially for the weakest connections.

Thank you all for your support! Please let us know about your experience and your thoughts of the visual novel. Here are some questions that would be helpful:

1. Logistically speaking, was the experience seamless? (Did the engine run smoothly, text legible, proportion of sprites to bgs, etc)
2. What were your first impressions on the VN?
3. Which character is the most appealing? (As an interesting character, not necessarily romantic interest)
4. What was especially well done in the game?
5. What could be improved?
6. Feel free to include any other comments/questions and we will try to answer them to the best of our ability :)
Image Image

Shiroisalva5
Projects: The fountain in the woods, Stained with Magic, Bog
Organization: Hikage Studios
Deviantart: saruva05.deviantart.
itch: kuroi05

#22 Post by Shiroisalva5 »

Hi there, I played the demo and have to say that I am more interested in this project.

Feedback time:
1: I didn't have any issues while playing on MacBook Pro in safari browser
I did however had issues with iPad mini retina. Game stops loading at 33%. I am not sure if it is the joilly engine or not. (Other demo from jolly seemed working fine.
2: first impression is that it caught my attention at the very beginning. After the intro scene and when you are in class I thought: "uhm..ok let's see how they manage the change in scene. The comedic approach worked out :)
3: I am generally not someone that likes to point out which character is interesting or not. Since it is a demo I like to wait and play the whole finished game. To me every character has its role to take on. I find Rui kind of interesting.
4: the graphics and overall composition seemed to be in place/harmony. Being able to read with ease, without too much contrasting colors..I like :) I can't complain with the writing style either.
5: i can't suggest anything big since I am also a beginner in terms of VN creating, sorry :(

Not too many useful feedback I guess..
Well, Keep up the good work, the project is shaping up pretty well :)
ImageImageImageImage

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by philip »

@melelisun-

I guess I'm just not very perceptive, because I read your opening post in this thread, and it was not very informative; I hadn't a clue as to what this story was going to be all about. But I decided to go through the demo.
The first scene was depressing, and gory, and I almost just clicked off the game, thankfully it finally came to an end and the "real" story started.
The story is interesting, but it was annoying to have to wait every few minutes for the next piece of it to load. I realize that this is an alpha release, and will be corrected later. For the record, I am using a Mac, with Safari browser. The story ran fairly smoothly, the text is readable, the art and presentation is very professional. I will look forward to seeing future releases.

My favorite character(s) were Yama and Rui, not from a romantic point of view, but they were well rounded, and comfortable with each other. There is nothing distasteful about the others, but their personalities are a little quirky (Hey, that's not bad, I'm not looking for a story with a bunch of plain vanilla characters).

Looks like you are off to a good start, I wish you continued success.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

#24 Post by unknown5 »

heheh, i kinda rushed through the demo (my attention span is nonexistent QQ), so my comments aren't very detailed. (pm me if u want more.)

things that stood out ...
- loved the sense of humor and interplay between characters.
- change in art style between intro bg and classroom was a bit steep for me. (first images set up my expectations on how it will look. not sure if that's a big deal or not.)
- dunno why, but i was thinking "M, L, S" when looking at the heads of the three sprites, heheheh.
- offline version would be nice.

looking forward to playing the rest. =)
information wants to be free, yo.

dreamy
Regular
Organization: Cloud9 Dreams
Tumblr: fey-en

#25 Post by dreamy »

Well, I tried the demo yesterday and it's I can see all the hard work put into it even if it's only the first in-game day.
I liked the game so far and the gui also looks quite neat. I especially liked how the menu screen jerks and becomes red, it gave an odd and mysterious feeling.The music was so nice, it really let off the atmosphere of the scene. I did found the transition from the first scene to the second scene a bit too fast. It's just a minor issue but it could have been because there was not really anything to show the transition of that scene or how it was linked.
I haven't met all the characters yet, I liked Yama's sarcasm a lot :D It was nice to see the conversations and the humour within the group. It may be a bit odd but I found Yahiko also rather likable, hehe...

Also, I know the engine isn't quite complete yet but then I found that sometimes the words on the right side of the textbox get chopped up a few times
especially in the Gover Mecha webshow scene
I was playing on Internet Explorer and other than that minor problem it seemed to work fine. When I tried to play on my Samsung Galaxy tablet with a chrome browser however I couldn't hear the music and the animations would lag sometimes. Since this is only the alpha demo then I guess some of the issues can be fixed.
Overall, I think the demo is a really great start and it got me hooked. I look forward to seeing more from this project!
"Listen to the silence, it's so blissful...
So calm down and listen..."

melelisun
Regular

#26 Post by melelisun »

@Shiroisalva5 - Thanks for your input! I believe mobile support is something Joilly is working on, but I'm not completely sure. Either way, I'm glad it worked on your computer :)

@philip - Thank you! These comments are very useful. The synopsis is something that we will work on as the project advances; one of the current things we are trying to balance is creating intrigue while not revealing too much of the plot, since this is a mystery VN. As for the loading - in the future, we are planning to have a download option so that users can have a smoother experience if they so choose.

@unknown5 - Thanks, we're glad you enjoyed it! The first image of the forest is a free background provided courtesy of Uncle Mugen, but will be replaced with our background artist's style at a later time :)

@dreamy - Thanks for your feedback! Yeah, the engine is known to not work as well with browsers such as IE and Opera. We'll look into this matter.
Image Image

Gospel
Regular

Re: [Demo Available] Lucid9 [BxG] [Mystery, Romance]

#27 Post by Gospel »

Already read the demo a couple days ago, but only now got the time to write down my thoughts, so here goes...

1. I didn't have any technical problems or the like, but it took me a little to get used to the fact that I had to click even on the empty text boxes to continue, since I initially expected the next text to show up automatically after a moment.
Anyway, everything was legible and nothing looked weird proportion-wise.

2. The first thing I thought was (after the intro scene) that it's a lot funnier than I expected it to be, which definitely isn't a bad thing. It certainly was very interesting and I'm really curious to find out what's up with that guy in the intro and to learn more about Yama's past. So far it's rather intriguing.

3. Yama is really interesting, I definitely like him. But to be honest, the one I liked the most is Yahiko, just because he's such an airhead and it was hard to predict what he was going to say next and what's even going on inside his head. I just like characters like that a lot.

4. I especially liked the interaction between the characters and the humor. It was fun just watching them fool around. I also liked the animations and zoom-ins every now and then. They were definitely a nice touch.

5. I honestly can't say if there's anything that really needs improvement. I guess I'd have to take another look at it to answer that ^^;

6. That web series thing at the end was a giant wtf-moment. Was that like an exception or will there be more of it? Like, will you be able to actually watch that whole series over the course of the VN?

melelisun
Regular

#28 Post by melelisun »

Hey, really sorry for my late reply. Thanks so much for your feedback!
Gospel wrote:1. I didn't have any technical problems or the like, but it took me a little to get used to the fact that I had to click even on the empty text boxes to continue, since I initially expected the next text to show up automatically after a moment.
Anyway, everything was legible and nothing looked weird proportion-wise.
Our dev team is working on the extra click issue :)
Gospel wrote:2. The first thing I thought was (after the intro scene) that it's a lot funnier than I expected it to be, which definitely isn't a bad thing. It certainly was very interesting and I'm really curious to find out what's up with that guy in the intro and to learn more about Yama's past. So far it's rather intriguing.

3. Yama is really interesting, I definitely like him. But to be honest, the one I liked the most is Yahiko, just because he's such an airhead and it was hard to predict what he was going to say next and what's even going on inside his head. I just like characters like that a lot.

4. I especially liked the interaction between the characters and the humor. It was fun just watching them fool around. I also liked the animations and zoom-ins every now and then. They were definitely a nice touch.

5. I honestly can't say if there's anything that really needs improvement. I guess I'd have to take another look at it to answer that ^^;
Glad to hear these things! :D
Gospel wrote:6. That web series thing at the end was a giant wtf-moment. Was that like an exception or will there be more of it? Like, will you be able to actually watch that whole series over the course of the VN?
Haha! Yes, there will be more opportunities to watch it as the story proceeds... if you dare.
Image Image

michan
Regular
Projects: The Witch's Tomb (wip), Caraltian Cookoff (wip), Detective Cross (wip)

Re: [DEMO] Lucid9 [BxG] [Mystery, Romance]

#29 Post by michan »

Played the demo, and, ooh... now you've got me hooked. Can't wait for the full game to come out!
melelisun wrote:1. Logistically speaking, was the experience seamless? (Did the engine run smoothly, text legible, proportion of sprites to bgs, etc)
It was!
melelisun wrote:2. What were your first impressions on the VN?
It had a 'Higurashi' feel to it? The atmosphere's well done, and the setting is nicely established.
It was also fun to get into the mind of the killer at the start... who I think may be the main character or his alter ego??? but then that's probably me being paranoid
melelisun wrote:3. Which character is the most appealing? (As an interesting character, not necessarily romantic interest)
Yahiko! <3 He comes off as idiotic, delusional, but so very sweet. And I'd like for him to fulfill his dreams...
melelisun wrote:4. What was especially well done in the game?
The dialogue/banter among the characters stood out! It flows naturally.
melelisun wrote:5. What could be improved?
Nitpick: Um, Rui's head kinda looks bigger than the boys' heads?
melelisun wrote:6. Feel free to include any other comments/questions and we will try to answer them to the best of our ability :)
Want the full game now! The buildup's pretty good, and I'm interested in seeing how the story plays out.
Coming SoonSometime Next Year! ^^
Detective Cross & the Raven Hall Riddles (DEMO OUT!)
Image Image

Gospel
Regular

#30 Post by Gospel »

melelisun wrote:Hey, really sorry for my late reply. Thanks so much for your feedback!

Haha! Yes, there will be more opportunities to watch it as the story proceeds... if you dare.
No problem!
And that's good to hear, because I actually really enjoyed that :lol: