Deleted

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

Re: [DEMO] Lucid9 [BxG] [Mystery, Romance]

#31 Post by melelisun »

@michan - Thanks so much for your support! Yup, the sprite heads will be altered to be consistent with each other :)

@Gospel - Ha!
Glad to hear it didn't destroy your brain cells. Or... if it did, that you enjoyed it? :D
Image Image

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#32 Post by Lesleigh63 »

This is coming along. It's looking more and more professional each time I check the WIP. Good luck with it.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#33 Post by Rinima »

This cools cool.

I can't comment to much cause I only managed to get to the end of the 2nd scene (I have bad internet at the best of times, so it crashed on me lol).

I will comment on the art though.
1: It all looks consistent, so major props there considering you have more than one artist.
2: Please sort out the size of the heads for the girls! I actually feel sorry for them, it must be very painful to have a head that could potentially fall off :\

Also, uber love the music XD
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

octacon100
Regular
Projects: Regeria Hope
Organization: Golden Game Barn
IRC Nick: Octacon100

#34 Post by octacon100 »

This looks really cool, I'll have to try out the demo tonight! Good luck with it!
Current Digital Projects -
Regiera Hope Completed Game Forum Post

melelisun
Regular

#35 Post by melelisun »

@Lesleigh63 - Thank you very much! ^^

@Rinima - Yes, we have a very talented group! We're glad you enjoyed it :) And yes, the proportions are being sorted out. I'll update the screenshots ASAP.

@octacon100 - Thank you very much! And best of luck on Regeria Hope, too :)
Image Image

PaupauSenpai
Regular
Projects: The Color of Life

#36 Post by PaupauSenpai »

Beautiful mystery with lovely characters I'm very fascinated about. I always respect teams who make things like engines on their own. It's super admirable .w. <3 I totally cannot wait for the release. The demo definitely got me hooked on this story between Yama, Rui, and "her," Masato is cute, and Yahiko is absolutely ADORABLE. xD Like...I can't handle his precious ego ywy That whole Acirema skit... made Yahiko totally remind me of America from Hetalia, too. xD He has the whole "I'M THE HERO" vibe going on. xD JUSSAYIN

IN ANY CASE, you guys are awesome, 100% support for you all the way :D

Khalliope
Tumblr: jasmine-amyy
Deviantart: khalliope

#37 Post by Khalliope »

Just played the demo for this game, and I must say, I really enjoyed it. The characters are all individualistic and quirky. I love Yama and Rui's smart mouth, Yahiko's ignorance and Masato's lack of sarcasm, it made the whole visual novel light hearted (well, up until "her" was mentioned). The art looks really nice and the GUI looks nice and simple. One thing I really adored was the title screen - I would even go as far as to say it looks professional!

I really look forward to the full release of this game! Good luck with your future endeavours with this project and I hope all goes well for you guys!

melelisun
Regular

#38 Post by melelisun »

@PaupauSenpai - Thank you so much for your encouragement! Actually, the engine was created by our partners at CloudNovel (their thread is here http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 57&t=27279 ). We're very honored that we can feature our demo on their engine. :) That being said, multiple people have requested a downloadable option, so we're looking into that at the moment.

@Khalliope - Thank you for your support! The character's are all quite, er, unique, aren't they? ;) And that gorgeous title screen was created courtesy of our project leader Dan and graphics artist Sony :) Hope you enjoy further releases!
Image Image

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#39 Post by chocojax »

1. Logistically speaking, was the experience seamless? (Did the engine run smoothly, text legible, proportion of sprites to bgs, etc)
Yup.

2. What were your first impressions on the VN?
The very first scene was sort of edgy, but interested me. And then, high school hijinks. (Nothing against that, something that I should've expected, but it bored me that it went from: interesting for 1 or 2 minutes -> wooo high school).

3. Which character is the most appealing? (As an interesting character, not necessarily romantic interest)
I found the guy in the very first scene interesting. As for characters with names, I liked Yama because he was snarky a lot of the time.

4. What was especially well done in the game?
I found the animations to be done well. A lot of the times in other VNs, they're over-used/awkward, but I found them to be done well in the demo!

5. What could be improved?
  • After being bombarded by so many characters, especially characters with JAPANESE names, I no longer had a strong grasp on who was talking. Perhaps slowing down the introduction a little bit more might help? Or slowly dripping in the characters. (Also, the Japanese names thing is mainly on me. Even though I've known the culture/been studying the language for so long, it's so hard for me to remember Japanese names. Hard for me to remember English names as well, but Japanese adds like 2+ to the difficulty.)
  • I got bored during the classroom scene. (This was mainly because I was excited to get back to the guy from first scene.)
  • I'd really like to add that the dialogue was very natural-sounding overall, though.
  • All of the sprites look nice, although Elizabeth looks slightly derpy because of all of that hair to the left of her head.
  • I'm so jaded from all of the wacky-hijinks high school stories, so... hahahaha. I understand that this is pretty standard for stories that include high-school settings, I just don't like it as much as other settings. I really wish the alpha ended at another scene with the "murderer" though! He was neat.
  • The characters presented so far seem very generic/stereotypical, BUT I'm hoping they'll be much more developed throughout the story, past what we see in the alpha.
  • Nitpicking, but to show us that Yahiko is pretty airheaded/dense, and then to have MC state himself that Yahiko is a dense guy is redundant. Telling us outright that Elizabeth is cold and stuff could be left out entirely--we get that she's like that from the dialogue, as well as the small commentary from the other characters!
6. Feel free to include any other comments/questions and we will try to answer them to the best of our ability :)
  • Music was well placed, I think.
  • I love cooking/food scenes. :D
Even though I said all that stuff up there, I enjoyed it! Good luck to you and the rest of your team. You guys are doing a great job so far! :DDDD

*Edit: Also, you should make a thread in the demo section of the forum, so that you can reach people who normally don't look at the WIP section.
Last edited by chocojax on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#40 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

as expected, the demo (done with an alpha engine...) don't cooperate with my rather strict combination of Linux+Firefox+NoScript+Adblock, but from the stills (esp. the first one) and art here on Lemma I have the impression that the slight chibified (lacking a better term...) chardes of females somewhat contrasted with that of male chardes... sorry that I can't give more feedback.

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

melelisun
Regular

#41 Post by melelisun »

@chocojax - Thank you for your helpful feedback! Yes, this demo only covers 6,000 words out of a projected 1,000,000 or so. I totally understand the sentiment regarding high school shenanigans being overused, so hopefully you can find some value in them as the story progresses :) Regarding the demo section, I must be blind, because I looked before and didn't see it. I'll take a look again x)

@dott.Piergiorgio - Thank you! We're looking into a downloadable version for more accessibility. As for the art styles, our artists have worked on a way to synthesize the proportions. I believe they're more consistent now :)
Image Image

melelisun
Regular

#42 Post by melelisun »

Happy Halloween! A cutetastic witch Airi for your viewing pleasure, courtesy of the dazzling Dizzy:

If you so fancy, you can see a more detailed update on our blog: http://lucid9.weebly.com/blog/happy-halloween

Thank you for supporting us, and see you in the next update!
Image Image

melelisun
Regular

#43 Post by melelisun »

Time for the official introduction of another player to our cast: Misaki Ayaka, the long, dark haired beauty you see here.

Despite her seemingly pompous exterior, she's a rather wise – and surprisingly rambunctious – girl.

While Misaki studies for her college entrance exams at Isamu Imperial Boarding Academy, she is also employed under the Lotus Modeling Agency – no easy task for a girl her age.

Just who is she exactly? Yama can't put his finger on it, but she seems vaguely familiar somehow; she writes with her right hand, erases with her left...
Image Image

melelisun
Regular

Re: [DEMO 2.0] Lucid9 [BxG] [Mystery, Romance]

#44 Post by melelisun »

Hello everyone! It's been a while, but the demo 2.0 is now officially out!

You can play it here : http://lucid9.weebly.com/play.html

Don't hesitate to share your opinions, impressions and comments on this thread! Any feedback is welcome!

For those who have the time, here is a list of questions we'd like you to answer :

1. Did you encounter any technical problem with the engine?
2. During your playthrough, what aspect of the VN did you enjoy the most?
3. What do you think could be improved?
4. Which character do you like the most?
5. What do you think of the art?
6. What do you think of the audio?
7. What do you think of the writing?
8. Did you enjoy playing through the demo?
Image Image

Lockvia
Regular
Projects: Prank Masters
Organization: Lockvia Studios
Tumblr: lockvia
itch: lockvia

Re: [DEMO 2.0] Lucid9 [BxG] [Mystery, Romance]

#45 Post by Lockvia »

Love the new logo and interface!