Rising Angels: Fates [GxG/B]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

Rising Angels: Fates [GxG/B]

#1 Post by KomiTsuku »

Possessing the crystal that almost killed the lives of the brave crew of the KSS Nimross, Special Investigations and Tactics officer Natalie Puccile is on the run from those she once served alongside. With nothing but the scraps of information from her previous investigation, Natalie is forced to scour the galaxy for hints of the truth and support from those who trust in her. But with threats from all sides closing in, will her skills as an investigator and the faith of those loyal few be enough to prevent the truth and safety of the galaxy from disappearing into nothingness?

Features

-Rising Angels: Fates is the continuation of the story in Rising Angels: Reborn

-Traditional visual novel story paired with the interactivity fitting of a military investigator!

-Story sections, it will play out like a traditional visual novel. While a lot less interactive than the investigative sections, there will still be choices in the story sections. These choices will more likely be about Natalie's relationships with the crew and their day-to-day lives during the investigation. These choices will have an indirect impact upon the story, however. Your relationships with the crew can turn friends into enemies or make the insidious threats less likely to sabotage your endeavors. When you are a government special investigator, the right person can make or break your quest.

-Investigation mode, you get a lot more hands-on into the mysteries surrounding the crystals and the players seeking them. Investigation mode will allow you to interact with your surroundings, finding clues and unearthing new evidence that may lift the shroud around the events that are transpiring. With these clues, you will be able to gain light from those around you or push the right piece of evidence to force those who would work for evil back into the shadows. However, tipping your hand at the wrong point or pressing your allies too hard could easily undo everything you seek to accomplish. A good investigator will have to know when to let the little fish get away to snag the big one.

-Multiple endings depending on your behavior as an investigator

-Several female romantic interests as well as a male interest for the otome fans

-Commercial and free version; $15 for commercial version, free for the free version (will contain fewer investigation sections and limited to Zuri's story; we want to make sure those who played Reborn still get to see Natalie and Zuri's story)

Characters:
(this list will evolve as more of the minor characters are introduced)

Tri-Nation Alliance
[image pending]
Name: Natalie Puccile
Nationality: Katajion
Bio: The protagonist. A brilliant mind who always excelled at schooling, Natalie won numerous awards growing up for academic excellence. When she graduated, Natalie immediately joined the space force to work as a Special Investigations and Tactics officer. After being posted to the KSS Nimross to investigate a missing research team. After stumbling upon a threat to the future of space travel, Natalie takes it upon herself to independently pursue and neutralize the danger to the ones she loves.

Katajion Special Investigations and Tactics Office
Last edited by KomiTsuku on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.

pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

Re: Rising Angels: Fates [GxG/B][fundraising in progress]

#2 Post by pocoscon »

This game looks really cool :D . We kind of need more BxB, and stuff. The art is beautiful to, and the story seems really interesting. I played the first game, but haven't gotten to the second one yet. I'll do that when I can. But I hope you can raise enough money, and make this game a reality. Good luck :mrgreen:
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope

#3 Post by KomiTsuku »

pocoscon wrote:This game looks really cool :D . We kind of need more BxB, and stuff. The art is beautiful to, and the story seems really interesting. I played the first game, but haven't gotten to the second one yet. I'll do that when I can. But I hope you can raise enough money, and make this game a reality. Good luck :mrgreen:
Thank you! I hope we can raise the money, too. The world needs more yuri games. I don't think there will be any BxB in this story, but I suppose that is something I could consider in the next project.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by KomiTsuku »

For those of you who aren't on the cool train, we have two new updates for you!

Update #1: Nations

Update #2: Alexi Bloodfang

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by KomiTsuku »

Railgun
Regular
Completed: Within, Saving Zoey
Projects: Frontiers of Barassy (Unity3D), DR001 (Ren'Py)
Tumblr: railgun-gameblog

#6 Post by Railgun »

Backed!
I played both RATTR and RAR and was surprised by how much the overall quality of the game improved over time, so I'm eager to play RAF ^^

wererat42
Regular

#7 Post by wererat42 »

I've seen some people criticizing your writing in the past (especially back when RA: The Red Rose was released) so I'll be interested in how you're handling a character who was originally your self-insert.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by KomiTsuku »

Railgun wrote:Backed!
I played both RATTR and RAR and was surprised by how much the overall quality of the game improved over time, so I'm eager to play RAF ^^
Thank you so much!
wererat42 wrote:I've seen some people criticizing your writing in the past (especially back when RA: The Red Rose was released) so I'll be interested in how you're handling a character who was originally your self-insert.
I'd like to say that the large amount of both private and public projects since then have improved my writing. Practice makes perfect, ya? Anton's status as a self-insert was lost many years ago when he stopped being an insert and rebelled against his maker. Now he's just another character in this wacky universe.

-------------------------------------------
The overwhelming amount of time and energy invested in development over my four day weekend has paid off with the gameplay systems being finished up. Going to be recording a short gameplay video to show off some of the things people can look forward to playing!

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by KomiTsuku »

Just a reminder that the kickstarter is still going on. We're over 40%, but time is running out.

(Just need to get the audio recorded for the video)

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by KomiTsuku »

wererat42
Regular

#11 Post by wererat42 »

Beautiful sprite, the best so far. And that has nothing to do with the fact that I'd be genuinely sad if she dies.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by KomiTsuku »

wererat42 wrote:
Beautiful sprite, the best so far. And that has nothing to do with the fact that I'd be genuinely sad if she dies.
Faye's fate in Fates is still up to the Fates.

-------------------------
The kickstarter is almost over! Only 48 hours remain to get that Faye's Tail story for helping make Rising Angels: Fates a reality!!!

daijinahito
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea & A+ Switch!

Re: Rising Angels: Fates [GxG/B][48 hrs left in KS]

#13 Post by daijinahito »

Looking forward to seeing you guys reach a 6,000& goal!! Come on, somebody donate an extra 1,000 to these guys! xD;

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Re: Rising Angels: Fates [GxG/B][48 hrs left in KS]

#14 Post by Fenrir34 »

I wish I could donate :( , but I'm broke at the moment. Happy you made your main goal though, and hope you can reach this one. Good luck :D

Railgun
Regular
Completed: Within, Saving Zoey
Projects: Frontiers of Barassy (Unity3D), DR001 (Ren'Py)
Tumblr: railgun-gameblog

Re: Rising Angels: Fates [GxG/B][24 hrs left in KS]

#15 Post by Railgun »

I just wanted to say congratulations for getting funded!
It's nice to see the interest people have in this game :D
And thank you for Faye's route!! She's just so cute :3