Prologue: Caged Bird [GxB] [Fantasy, Romance, Singing!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

Prologue: Caged Bird [GxB] [Fantasy, Romance, Singing!]

#1 Post by Mickychi »

Please note that this is a mock up logo I did via the use of some lovely brushes (see credits) in 10 minutes.
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Otome, Mentions of tragedy

Link: Prologue: Caged Birds is a prequel to a game I was previously making that has been put on pause for the time being, Tale of the Nightingale. Instead of just mentioning how the Nightingale got caught I decided to make a prequel game to explain, but I didn't just want to make it about the Nightingale, so hence Allyson was born. Furthermore, as some things regarding Tale of the Nightingale has been changed, like I want to add character songs/singing in the game, this game is also being used as a test run to how that impacts players.

Series: Hence the link and myself wanting to create a series of games involving fairy tales and singing - Prologue: Caged Bird and Tale of the Nightingale both belong to the same series, which is at the moment called MAD TALES

Unfortunate circumstances have befallen young Allyson Gide’s family, her Father and younger brother were caught in a carriage accident but two months ago and the family has become in debt from the medical bills. Despite struggling to survive her Father has passed on, with a grieving Mother and healing brother, Allyson is unsure of her life and what the future will bring. However she finds enlightenment in listening to a certain bird of song – the Nightingale. But the King has set his sights on the illustrious bird and his court scramble to capture the bird of song.

See below under credits for the makers of the lovely brushes used.
Also note that these are just sketches at this stage by the lovely succuren~ :)
Please note that these features are subject to change (decrease/increase).

• 2 love interests
• 21-22 Cg’s
• 60,000 words
• 9 Character songs~

Idea & Writer & Lyricist (I write the songs lyrics): Me (Mickychi)
Sprite Art: succuren (A wonderful artist~)
Brushes: crazykira-resources, RussDepress, mohaafterdark, debh945 (All deviant art members)

We are looking for: (PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT THESE POSITIONS ARE NOT PAID!)
A BG Artist! (For 6 bg's - possibly with one variation each)
A CG Artist/s! (Please note this will likely have to be someone who is willing to co-operate with succuren, as succuren is wanting to draw the characters in the cg scenes, so therefore the CG Artist will be creating the setting of the CG's. However this can be discussed and the work shared.)
Composer & singers! Singers for:
• Allyson's 3 songs
• Othello's 2 songs
• Lance's 2 songs
• Trevor's song
• Sir Rogrone's song
GUI Maker & GUI Programmer

If you want to lend a hand but not for a position listen please just contact me to offer your skills~

Is the game commercial? - No, unless something drastically changes.
Got a question please go ahead and ask away~

My Questions to you:
1. Does the idea appeal to you?
2. Which character is your favorite?
3. Does the idea of character songs appeal to you? How much?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Story: Estimated 60 to 70% (Othello & Lance's character routes still need to be fleshed out)
Writing: 20%
Sprites: Let me get back to you on that~
CG's: 0%
BG's: 0%
Song Lyrics: 70%
Music: 0%
Coding: 0%
Last edited by Mickychi on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

Re: Prologue: Caged Bird [GxB] [Fantasy, Romance, Singing!]

#2 Post by melelisun »

Looking spiffy! Will you have interactive elements with the singing, or will they be songs played throughout the VN? (If that makes any sense.)
Image Image

Evolution
Regular
Projects: ???

#3 Post by Evolution »

This might be a silly question, but is this game based on the fairy tale The Nightingale?

Mickychi
Veteran

#4 Post by Mickychi »

melelisun wrote:Looking spiffy! Will you have interactive elements with the singing, or will they be songs played throughout the VN? (If that makes any sense.)
No interactive elements, they will be played sort of like a cut scene/cg scene. (Not animated unfortunately) The intended effect is for a variation of movement of the character in the cg - so alongside a cg scene with variation.
Does that make sense?
Evolution wrote:This might be a silly question, but is this game based on the fairy tale The Nightingale?
Hehe~ Yep it is. This game will be the events that lead to the Nightingale's capture. My other game I mentioned that is on pause - Tale of the Nightingale is where the Nightingale escapes the King's grasp by being turned human.

meiri
Regular
Projects: Tutor Tabitha, Movement
Organization: Blue Bottlecap Games

#5 Post by meiri »

1. Does the idea appeal to you?
Yes! I love the story!
I'm really not sure, but perhaps Trevor!
I do like the idea, however, will there be reading during the songs? By this I don't mean lyrics, but rather, dialogue and narration. (I'm not very good with reading while vocals are in the background x__x)

Also, I'd love to perhaps help with your GUI, I can program some aspects of it as well. If you could PM me (or I could PM you..?) that'd be great!
What's in a loop? A loop iterated in any other way would output as sweet.
--
Have a look at my GxG kinetic novel, Movement, if you have the chance?

Mickychi
Veteran

#6 Post by Mickychi »

meiri wrote:1. Does the idea appeal to you?
Yes! I love the story!
I'm really not sure, but perhaps Trevor!
I do like the idea, however, will there be reading during the songs? By this I don't mean lyrics, but rather, dialogue and narration. (I'm not very good with reading while vocals are in the background x__x)

Also, I'd love to perhaps help with your GUI, I can program some aspects of it as well. If you could PM me (or I could PM you..?) that'd be great!
Well then anxiously await Trevor's design and sprite~

No there won't be dialogue during the songs (cause I decided that would be too annoying and mess about with the song sequence), the lyrics might appear on the screen out of the dialogue box though.

It would be great if you can help with the GUI, I'll pm you~

Mickychi
Veteran

#7 Post by Mickychi »

Update~

Trevor's, Lance's and Mrs. Gide's draft sprites have been added to first post~!