[VN][BxG] A+ Switch! [School Life][Romance][Drama] 5/20

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sorakun
Regular
Completed: Techno Titans, Blood Metal Exorcism, Tom Cruiser, Mechadin, UPlay
IRC Nick: Sorakun

Re: [VN][BxG] A+ Switch! [School Life][Romance][Comedy]

#31 Post by Sorakun » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:56 am

looks great, looking forward to seeing more :)

piichimi
Regular
Projects: A+ Switch! (Visual Novel)

#32 Post by piichimi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:02 am

Sorakun wrote:looks great, looking forward to seeing more :)
Thank you so much!

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#33 Post by Rinima » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Those sprites look so frigging cool! Just gonna point out though, Kuwase Akiko's sprite is bigger than the others. Is that done on purpose?
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

piichimi
Regular

#34 Post by piichimi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:54 pm

Rinima wrote:Those sprites look so frigging cool! Just gonna point out though, Kuwase Akiko's sprite is bigger than the others. Is that done on purpose?
It's just her sprite preview, they'll all be resized for the game ^-^
thank you very much : )

ClosetTherapist

#35 Post by ClosetTherapist » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:59 pm

Wow, I REALLY like your sprite art! I can't wait this finished.
Also as a side note I really like how you varied up the uniforms by giving each of them different socks/tights. I don't know how much we'll actually get to see it in the game, but it's a really cool little tidbit.

piichimi
Regular

#36 Post by piichimi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:55 pm

ClosetTherapist wrote:Wow, I REALLY like your sprite art! I can't wait this finished.
Also as a side note I really like how you varied up the uniforms by giving each of them different socks/tights. I don't know how much we'll actually get to see it in the game, but it's a really cool little tidbit.
Thank you very much!!! ^-^
I figured their socks and tights would add to their personality a little.
For example, since Hitomi is really clumsy, I decided to give her a bit of a sloppy appearance by having one of her socks slipped down.

Thanks again!!! ^-^

piichimi
Regular

#37 Post by piichimi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:18 pm

The many faces of Hitomi

Outbreak
Projects: A+ Switch!
Soundcloud: netrumsounds

#38 Post by Outbreak » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Aww now thats just adorable! x3 Did you plan using those faces somewhere in the game itself? In my opinion they would fit pretty well next to the text box telling character's expression or something. But yeah looking awesome, keep it up! ^^

piichimi
Regular

#39 Post by piichimi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Outbreak wrote:Aww now thats just adorable! x3 Did you plan using those faces somewhere in the game itself? In my opinion they would fit pretty well next to the text box telling character's expression or something. But yeah looking awesome, keep it up! ^^

I was really thinking about it xDD
& I agree!!!! ^-^
I'll probably make one of them for each character, and put them next to the textbox.
Really good idea xDD

thank you!!! ^-^

piichimi
Regular

#40 Post by piichimi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:07 pm

First side character to be designed, Kouhei's little sister, Iori.

Iori
Hair: Straight, Brown, Super short
Eyes: Brown
Body: Pale, short, AA cup, child
Clothes: dress, sneakers, ankle socks
Personality: caring
Role: protagonist's younger sister
Subject of: Illness, death
Additional info: She was diagnosed with eye cancer shortly after her 7th birthday. She keeps her eye wrapped in a bandage because she believes her eye is unsightly.

PaupauSenpai
Regular
Projects: The Color of Life

#41 Post by PaupauSenpai » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:19 am

Hey, I love this! ^A^ The idea is quite cute and the art is flawless <3 I wouldn't mind if the story was cutesy, whatever you feel you want to do as long as you can bring it! xD I totally love this though, I think Yurina's my fav based on profiles, followed closely by Hitomi, but Sayo might interest me as well .w. They're ALL totally lovable though! It's awesome!

I was like "ah, this story's going to be totally light hearted and cute," and then I check back later and BAM, Iori! xD Where do you think you'll be going with Iori? Gonna throw in a tear-jerker for good measure? LOL ;w;/ Either way, I'm totally supporting this VN! >w<

piichimi
Regular

#42 Post by piichimi » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:12 am

PaupauSenpai wrote:Hey, I love this! ^A^ The idea is quite cute and the art is flawless <3 I wouldn't mind if the story was cutesy, whatever you feel you want to do as long as you can bring it! xD I totally love this though, I think Yurina's my fav based on profiles, followed closely by Hitomi, but Sayo might interest me as well .w. They're ALL totally lovable though! It's awesome!

I was like "ah, this story's going to be totally light hearted and cute," and then I check back later and BAM, Iori! xD Where do you think you'll be going with Iori? Gonna throw in a tear-jerker for good measure? LOL ;w;/ Either way, I'm totally supporting this VN! >w<
Awhhhh thank you so much!!! ^-^ <3
I'm really glad you like the characters. It makes me really happy to see that people are taking interest in this ^-^

xDDDDDD
Yeah, Iori might definitely give a depressing atmosphere throughout some parts of the story, but in all honesty, the reason the protagonist is getting bad grades in school is because of her, she's always on his mind because he's worried about her, and it prevents him from paying attention in his classes. but everyone at school, including his teachers just think he's really stupid. Though they don't know about his sister.

AHHHH, thank you so much!!!! it really means a lot to me!!! ^-^

piichimi
Regular

Re: [VN][BxG] A+ Switch! [School Life][Romance][Drama]

#43 Post by piichimi » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:27 pm

Added some new characters!
go take a look ^-^

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#44 Post by Rinima » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Just had a read though and wow! This actually looks darker than I though it would be. Which is a good thing for me (I often find myself annoyed at the lack of back story and character depth in dating vn's).

Also cause I'm nosey and can't help myself as a former Oncology student, but what sort of eye cancer did the little sister have? Also it's probably better to call it ocular cancer. Please don't call me out for being picky ;~;
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

piichimi
Regular

#45 Post by piichimi » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:05 pm

Rinima wrote:Just had a read though and wow! This actually looks darker than I though it would be. Which is a good thing for me (I often find myself annoyed at the lack of back story and character depth in dating vn's).

Also cause I'm nosey and can't help myself as a former Oncology student, but what sort of eye cancer did the little sister have? Also it's probably better to call it ocular cancer. Please don't call me out for being picky ;~;
Yes, it's going to have some really dark parts in it depending on the player's in game choices. ^-^ I was actually debating on whether or not to make it dark or not, but I tend to write dark things better than I do happy things.

& She has retinoblastoma, which is really rare for a child over the age of 5 to have. Her cancer had spread to the outer part of her eye, and she had not responded well from treatment. It's definitely a rare case.
Idk if it sounds too unrealistic or not, but it is fiction, so why not. lol.

& alright. xD I shall.