Skyfish [BxB] [Friendship] [Fantasy, LGBT+ friendly]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

Re: Skyfish [Fantasy, Steampunk, LGBT+ friendly] [DEMO]

#61 Post by Aviala »

I took a week off from development due to wrist problems (I'm developing a carpal tunnel syndrome) but I'm now back on track and ready to some fierce and furious game dev-ing. :D
I got some background WIP art from my BG artist. The style is a bit different from that of the sprites, but other than that it looks great so far - I might post something here later on if my artist is okay with it. I also finished an art commission today and won't be taking new ones until the second demo is out so that I can focus on the game. I'm probably releasing the demo with the kickstarter campaign - I want to make it as polished and good as possible. I'll make a version to showcase in Desucon's artist alley, which is in a couple of weeks, but I feel like releasing the second demo for download before I'm completely satisfied with it might not be a good idea.

Right now, the KS campaign is scheduled to start at the end of June, but the exact dace is to be determined.
Check out the social media accounts for more frequent updates and more art.
https://twitter.com/Lizard_Hazard
http://skyfishgame.tumblr.com/

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#62 Post by Aviala »

I was doing an art stream yesterday and it was fun (even though there were only a couple of people watching) so if you're interested in seeing me draw and hearing me talk about the drawing process and the game, find your way to http://www.twitch.tv/aviala around 8PM GMT. I'll be streaming for a few hours so feel free to pop in anywhere between 8PM and 11:30PM GMT. That's somewhere in the afternoon for you Americans.
I'll continue with the CG painting I started last night, and today should probably be a bit more interesting as I start doing the details.

I'll mostly make announcements about streams in my twitter and tumblr from now on, so if you're interested, be sure to follow my social media accounts or check them every once in a while. ;)

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#63 Post by Aviala »

The Skyfish, the airship the crew travels in!

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#64 Post by Aviala »

I redid one of the CG's from the demo 8) It looks much better than the previous one.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#65 Post by Aviala »

I'll be in Desucon's (Finnish anime convention) artist alley today, at table 10! If you're coming to Desucon, be sure to stop by at my table and check out the new demo art!

The demo will be released to public in a few weeks, once we get some animations from the artist.
We're also hoping to start the Kickstarter campaign in about a month, but we'll have to deal with some technical stuff first, so I can't say for sure yet. I've planned the budget, though, and recruited some artists and animators who will join the project if the Kickstarter is successful. 8)

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#66 Post by Aviala »

Hey all! I'm still alive, believe it or not!

The new demo got delayed until september or so due to some health problems and a small burnout and I had a small summer break but recently I've slowly started to resume production. I'm still suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome so I can't work very hard but I'm doing planning and outlining and stuff like that. I'll also continue working on the script soon. The crowdfunding campaign will happen sometime during the winter.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Skyfish [BxB] [Friendship] [Fantasy, LGBT+ friendly]

#67 Post by Aviala »

Copypasted from first post:
Update 29th of July: Romantic routes confirmed; romantic intrest(s) will be available right from the start. Additional love intrest(s) may be included as crowdfunding rewards or stretch goals. Story summary updated, and character introductions will be coming soon.

So yeah, if you're wealthy and feel like Charon would be a perfect match for your OC, set aside some of that wealth and get ready for my crowdfunding campaign ;) One of the rewards will be designing a crew member who will get their own friendship or romance route. This character can even be based on you, your gradma or basically anyone you can think of. I'll help you modify your character so that they will fit in with the rest of the world and the crew.

Even if no-one chooses that reward, Aifao will always be there for those of you who are desperate for romance. :') Also Fionn, but he will join the crew a bit later on, and isn't available from the start. I'm also planning on including a polyamory route later on in the game/series but I might be dreaming too big - I'll have to see how many routes I can realistically fit in.

Also, just to be clear, the friendship routes will be just as viable as options as the romances.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#68 Post by Aviala »

As you guys might have noticed, I haven’t updated this thread for a while. The truth is that I’ve been having some sort of a burnout. The failure to finish the new demo on the day we planned to hit me pretty hard, and my coder has been too busy to work on the code any further. Despite the hiatus, Skyfish isn’t dead. I’ve been in touch with a second programmer who will fix the new demo that we were trying to release a few months ago. I’m also trying to finish some art commissions so I can fully dedicate myself to Skyfish again.

I’ll start working on character introductions too and hopefully release them at a steady pace from now on. : )

Once I get things going again I'm setting up a Patreon page. Think of it as an ongoing alternative for Kickstarter - as a Finnish person I can't set up a KS campaign, but I've modified my KS reward plans to suit Patreon. More information on this later.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by Aviala »

Skyfish is officially on hiatus on my part but a new demo might be coming out in a couple of months thanks to a new addition to the team - Steamgirl! She's working on a tactical airship gameplay feature, and once it's finished we'll be able to show you the new and improved Skyfish demo.

However the game's release date has been pushed even further due to a serious wrist injury. It'll take a long time to heal, and I've been working on Skyfish for so long that the plot and some other things I planned in the early stages of the project now feel outdated. I'm not expecting to release the game for at least another year.

A big thank you and an apology for those of you who have supported Skyfish so far. If you'd like to support my creative work, consider supporting me on Patreon - it's kinda like a substitute for a Kickstarter campaign since I can't host a campaign from Finland. There are some Skyfish special rewards for Patrons, like having your own original character appear in the game, but don't support me thinking you'll get Skyfish updates sooner. You won't - health comes first and I need to let the injury heal. Anyway, support would be greatly appreciated since one of the reasons for my injury is doing too much commission work - if I can do less commissions, my wrists will heal better and I'll be able to finish Skyfish someday.

Sorry and thank you again, and happy holidays to everyone!

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2384435&ty=h