Sunrider Academy [BxG][Sci-fi][DateSim]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Sunrider Academy [BxG][Sci-fi][DateSim]

#1 Post by Samu-kun »

Love in Space and Sekai Project are proud to announce that Sunrider Academy can now be purchased on Steam Early Access!

Purchase now to immediately play the common route of Sunrider Academy!

While this is merely the first step to releasing the game on Steam, reaching this milestone took the concerted effort of many people at Love in Space and Sekai Project. We hope that our players will enjoy what we have created of the game so far.

We will not be alone in creating Sunrider Academy, as we have always paid close attention to community feedback in developing our games. Early Access is a good way to involve players in the process of making games and fits well with our developmental process. Just like Sunrider before it, beta testers will now be able to play Sunrider Academy and help shape the final form of our product. We always enjoy seeing what our players can do with our games and look forward to what you can bring.

Sunrider Academy is but a piece of the universes we hope to create from now. Please support us bring more high quality anime games outside of Japan!

Love in Space is proud to announce SUNRIDER ACADEMY, a spin off game to Sunrider.

STORY------------------------------------

You are Kayto Shields, an ordinary man thrown into an extraordinary adventure. It was only his first day as the vice president of the Sunrider Academy student council when the unreasonable class president appointed him to be the school club manager. "These clubs cause nothing but trouble," she said. "I'm appointing you to take charge and fix them up by the end of the year!"

Add to that another completely unreasonable bet with his little sister that he'll get a girlfriend by the end of the year, and Kayto's school life already seems hectic! But that's not even the worst of it! Kayto soon learns that the captains of each of the clubs he's supposed to manage have serious issues of their own. Surrounded by girls lacking any common sense, his whacky days at Sunrider Academy begin!

You will take control of Kayto as he carefully manages both his student life, and his responsibilities as club manager.

Study hard, bring glory to Sunrider Academy, and get a girlfriend!

Piece of cake, right?

CHARACTERS------------------------------------

AVA CRESCENTIA

The president of the Sunrider Academy student council and your long time childhood friend.

She is a high performing individual with some empathy issues. The only enjoyment she gets out of life seems to be mentally outmaneuvering lesser minds, namely Kayto. Hardly ever smiles. Honestly, nobody knows why they're friends, but Kayto always remains doggedly loyal to her.

She appoints Kayto to be the club manager on the first day of school, setting into motion the chain of events which lead to Kayto's current predicament.

ASAGA OAKRUN

The captain of the kendo club. May have a few screws loose in her head. Hyperactive and prone to overdoing everything.

The kendo club ended up on the list of problem clubs when it failed to pay any dues for the past three years. Now the club has racked up a substantial debt, owing over 600 space credits to the student council. "B-b-but that's almost enough creds to buy a nuclear warhead!" Protested Asaga. Unfortunately, her pleas were not heard, and management over her club was given to Kayto.

Will he manage to lead the kendo club to victory in the galactic championships? Or is this the end of the line for Asaga?

CHIGARA ASHADA

She is the captain of the science club, but the problem is that she thinks it's a baking club!

All she wanted was to join the baking club. Unfortunately, a group of seniors kidnapped her during her second year and made her join the science club instead. They even let her use the matter replicator to make pastries as long as she did some research for them from time to time.

Now, a year has passed and all the seniors have graduated, leaving Chigara as the only member of the science club. And if she doesn't find four more members by the end of the week, her club will be disbanded!

Can Kayto save the science club? Or is this going to end in a big bang?

Sola

The soft spoken and mysterious captain of the swim team.

She lacks all common sense and does not seem to understand much of modern technology. Her club came to the student council’s attention because Sola never submitted any of the club forms. It turned out she didn’t know how to use a holo to fill the forms out. Hardly ever speaks and generally communicates to Kayto through body gestures. Somehow, he seems able to understand exactly what she means though.

She also works as a shrine maiden at the Ryuvian Shrine.

A girl of many mysteries…

MARAY SHIELDS

Kayto's younger sister. Cheerful and precocious, she's always goading Kayto into doing stupid things to impress her.

Due to a rather foolish bet with her that he will get a girlfriend by the end of the year, Kayto now finds himself in a dire predicament. With nearly no experience with romance, he must somehow win the heart of a girl by the year's end! Clearly, he has his plate full!

FLEET ADMIRAL

Kayto and Maray’s pet dog.

He is a very high ranking officer of the Cera Space Force, outranking even commissioned star ship captains.

However, he seems content to live his life one stroll through the park at a time.

SYSTEM------------------------------------

You have full control over Kayto's actions throughout the day! Carefully balance raising his stats and spending enough time overseeing the various clubs under his management.

Maybe you should spend time at the gym to raise Kayto's fitness. Or the time can be spent reading at the library to raise his intelligence. As the vice president of the student council, Kayto must maintain good grades or else be forced to resign. On top of that, he must bring prestige to Sunrider Academy by winning kendo competitions, science exhibitions, and swim meets, or else the school will shut down the problem clubs! And if that wasn't enough, thanks to that stupid bet with his sister, he must also get into a relationship by the end of the year, or else he will have to bare his little sister's disappointed face! No, anything but the disappointed little sister face!

When you're not busy with school, Kayto can also explore Cera City. He can get a part time job to earn money to purchase items at the shopping district. Or he could try getting a charm at the Ryuvian shrine to increase his luck. He can unwind at the arcade and the park.

Developed at 1080p native resolution, Sunrider Academy will deliver crisp visuals for modern monitors!

MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON---------------

Follow Love in Space at Twitter for development updates!

@Love_In_Space

Download Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius on Steam!
Last edited by Samu-kun on Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

Re: Sunrider Academy [BxG][Sci-fi][DateSim]

#2 Post by curry nochi rice »

WHY YOU DO THIS? THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ABSURD. I'M PLAYING THIS ASAP. :P

Maray best girl lol.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Dino

#3 Post by Dino »

As a lover of 2D womenzt, I must say the sister and Chigara look absolutely gorgeous.

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#4 Post by ebi-hime »

Chigara is so adorable, I wanna date her! >w<
Or maybe there could be a little sister option? She looks really cute too ahaha XD

Asaga really reminds me of Nonami from Homeward, though - both with the hairstyle, her personality, and the whole kendo thing. She seems even more Nonami-like here than she is in the actual Sunrider game XD

I wonder if the ??? means other Sunrider girls get added later... That might be a lot of work for a side project though.
And I am intimidated by the sheer amount of stats there are to raise XD I am so bad at stat-based dating sims... But if it is for Chiagara, I will do my best, ahaha XD
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

#5 Post by CrimsonMoon »

This looks awesome, definitely will play this once it's out. I have high hope since I like Homeward's story plot. :D
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#6 Post by potouto »

Asking for Sola to come back might be a bit too much, but. I really like her in the original game. Nonetheless I hope she will make an appearance in here, all that left is Ava, I have the feel she's getting tsuntsun more than usual in this game. I miss her long hair. Maray makes me go awww, she's just the cutest thing! I like white-headed character more than anything. The stat-raising system look really problematic, I hope there will be chance to help all the clubs while getting one of the girls instead of fully focusing on one girl and one club only.

yeah well | commission | website

piichimi
Regular
Projects: A+ Switch! (Visual Novel)

#7 Post by piichimi »

I love the look of it, and all of the pretty art/character designs!
Chigara is definitely my fave so far, she's so cute, and she looks like she would be shy. and I seem to always fall for the shy types. : P

The plot is pretty awesome too. I always seem to like stuff like this.
definitely excited for it!

Khalliope
Tumblr: jasmine-amyy
Deviantart: khalliope

#8 Post by Khalliope »

This game looks really polished already! I'm not really a fan of BxG games, but I think that the premise and assets definitely interest me more than enough to convince me to play the game! I like the story - you can never get enough of casual and light hearted plots. I can definitely see the incoming humour in this game! The art looks very nice, and the logo and GUI look sleek and polished.

All in all, I'll look forward to when this game releases! Best of luck to this project!

sendo
Veteran
Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
itch: sendo

#9 Post by sendo »

Wow, how in Cera did I miss this? For a spin off, the production values are really sky high, very very impressive! The system looks really promising. Ava looks stoic as ever, I kinda miss her long hair and man, imouto looks really cute! I'm definitely looking forward to this (which reminds me I haven't played Mask of Arcadius yet ahhh)
Finished VNs:
Image Image

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#10 Post by Samu-kun »

CONTENT UPDATE:
-----------------------------------

Sola

The soft spoken and mysterious captain of the swim team.

She lacks all common sense and does not seem to understand much of modern technology. Her club came to the student council’s attention because Sola never submitted any of the club forms. It turned out she didn’t know how to use a holo to fill the forms out. Hardly ever speaks and generally communicates to Kayto through body gestures. Somehow, he seems able to understand exactly what she means though.

She also works as a shrine maiden at the Ryuvian Shrine.

A girl of many mysteries…

FLEET ADMIRAL

Kayto and Maray’s pet dog.

He is a very high ranking officer of the Cera Space Force, outranking even commissioned star ship captains.

However, he seems content to live his life one stroll through the park at a time.

DOWNLOAD WALLPAPERS
Attachments
wallpaper4.jpg
wallpaper3.jpg
wallpaper2.jpg
wallpaper1.jpg

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#11 Post by Samu-kun »

Hi everyone, we are running a small crowd funding campaign to buy an OP song for Sunrider Academy.

The goal is $1800. We will be hiring μ and Takanashi Keita, both experienced Japanese visual novel performers.

All funders will receive a copy of Sunrider Academy at launch + beta access during development for $20. However, space is limited to just the first 90 backers, so if you want to be in the beta, please act fast. =w=

http://crowdfund.sunrider-vn.com/

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#12 Post by Googaboga »

I love this X3. Having an established series and then turning it into a high school dating sim, that's livin' the dream. I hope you reach your crowdfunding goal :].
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Noire
Regular
Projects: Mirage Noir

#13 Post by Noire »

Whoa, looks pretty awesome! I just started playing Sunrider (loveit), and noew you hit me with this :D

Crubitz

#14 Post by Crubitz »

Sola and Ava I will be patiently waiting...

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#15 Post by Samu-kun »

Some more lore and gameplay info for Sunrider Academy posted here: http://sunrider-vn.com/2014/11/17/gamep ... -schedule/