Butterfly Syndrome [BxB] [Drama]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
daijinahito
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea & A+ Switch!

Butterfly Syndrome [BxB] [Drama]

#1 Post by daijinahito »

[Drama][BL]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates- 6/19/15

Very sorry to all who were looking forward to a demo release this month. Unfortunately, I was unable to gather enough
resources and in turn have decided to put off on the demo as well as the Kickstarter. I am very sorry to have jumped the
gun when I started putting out dates for the demo release, but it's just not possible. Plus, I have decided to re-work the
story line and create a demo that meshes well with the plot, rather than making a demo as a separate entity.
college and work are keeping me busy, but the project is still very much alive, and I will continue to put out
periodic updates as I have more to show.

---------------------------------------------------------

Story:

After an accident that takes the life of his twin sister Anna, Chase pays a visit to the very person who’d once promised the twins a new life, away from their abusive household. Though Chase holds onto the same hope his sister once held on to, he also feels a burning resentment due to a promise that was never fulfilled. From this encounter is the unlikely development of an unsteady relationship that will either swim, or sink.

Game Information Update(s):

A platonic friendship route will be possible based on key decisions.

Seme/Uke decisions. There is no scheduled release for 18+ content, but depending on your choices Chase may either pursue, or be pursued. Dependent on you standing point in the relationship different scenarios will play.

Main Cast:

Chase Rollins- age: 21

Our main protagonist. Resentful about a broken promise from years earlier,
Chase finds himself quick tempered and reluctant to get along with Derris.
Often provoked by little things, he continues to do and say things he quickly regrets.
Though his choice of words may be abrasive, he's actually much kinder than he likes
to let on.

Derris Maclin- age: 27

The co-owner of a well established farm. Derris is reserved and hard working. Though he continues to put on a front of aloofness, he finds himself beginning to open up the more time he spends with Chase. Originally he had promised Anna and her brother a place to escape to in the future, but eventually retracted the promise under unknown circumstances.
Sample BGs:
Sprites/CGs: Nero279
Logo design: ShojiAmasawa
Music: Florenz Dominic Sison & Shoko

Thanks all who continue to keep up with this project! It's slow going, but it's coming along. : )
Last edited by daijinahito on Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:21 am, edited 18 times in total.

mollycubed

Re: Butterfly Syndrome [BxB] Drama/Slice of Life

#2 Post by mollycubed »

Oh my gosh, I love the art. I will download this with the force of a thousand suns when it comes out!
i like watching cooking shows but i have no idea how to cook

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#3 Post by Googaboga »

Oh man, I love Nero's art <3.

Good luck with everything C:. I hope you'll be able to fill the positions you'll be opening soon ^^.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#4 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Looking good so far. The art looks very nice.

daijinahito
Regular

#5 Post by daijinahito »

Thanks for the comments guys! Yes, Nero is outdoing herself with these sprites. I am so excited and honored to have her aboard this project. I plan to update the main thread tomorrow or Monday, so please do look out for that! In the meanwhile, feel a piece of Butterfly Syndrome in the track "Midnight Kiss", an original dark and beautifully melancholic composition by Florenz Domonic Sison. He's been doing a magnificent job on the music~

https://soundcloud.com/dobuchu/midnight-kiss/s-JxEml

P.S. If anyone knows how to get the embed link to work on Lemmasoft, please let me know. I was having trouble with it earlier and eventually just gave up on the idea. Thanks!

daijinahito
Regular

Re: Butterfly Syndrome [BxB] [Drama]

#6 Post by daijinahito »

Nero recently sent me a wonderful new character sheet filled with itty bitty Chase'. I'm so excited to see it~
He's just too adorable! >w< Well, here's a preview with him and his future self standing next each other
in a height comparison.

daijinahito
Regular

#7 Post by daijinahito »

EDIT: I've commissioned Badriel to do the BGs for the game, so these BGs are no longer going to be displayed in game.

Created one CG for the demo, using a stock photo that I painted over. Hope it looks ok... ^_^;

Image Image
Last edited by daijinahito on Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes Of The Codex War, [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction
Projects: Cult of the Lily (18+)
Organization: PaperDoor Studios
Tumblr: paperdoorstudios
Deviantart: ShojiAmasawa
Soundcloud: Greyberry

#8 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

I gave a little promotion on my studio's Facebook page. Not many watchers, but I hope it gives you a little boost! I love the art, and the mature subject matters are intriguing and important to convey.

PaperDoor Studios supports you!

daijinahito
Regular

#9 Post by daijinahito »

ShojiAmasawa wrote:I gave a little promotion on my studio's Facebook page. Not many watchers, but I hope it gives you a little boost! I love the art, and the mature subject matters are intriguing and important to convey.

PaperDoor Studios supports you!
Awww, thanks! that's really nice of you to do so! ;A; Nero's been doing a super job on the artwork. I'm hoping, once I get the full colored sprites on display, or the demo ready, the project will get some more attention. I'm happy to have your studio's support, though! Thanks so much! : D

daijinahito
Regular

#10 Post by daijinahito »

A short story featuring the characters Derris and his brother, Alex. It's a small tidbit of back story that I hope readers will be able to enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6c5t3 ... sp=sharing

Sorry! I've taken this down. But, no worries, a demo is on it's a way and will hit the thread sometime mid-late May.
Last edited by daijinahito on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

daijinahito
Regular

#11 Post by daijinahito »

Phew, so, it's been a while. Ok, so it's been a really long while. I went on a hiatus due to some horrible issues that cropped up one after another in my life. Things weren't going so well for a while, but the ordeal is almost over. It's been pretty tough on me these past few months, but I'm determined to get through this. Production has continued. The writing is coming along day by day, and the sprites have resumed production as well. Below you can find the most recent sprite set completed by the amazing Nero, portraying a young Chase with many cute expressions. : )

Another thing to look at for is some BG art from Badriel I have commissioned. His work is absolutely amazing and I'm certainly looking forward to what he'll be producing!

Jin
Regular
Projects: Ephemeral (Writer), Woman of Xal (Singer for Demo/VO), Cute Demon Crashers (VO), Ashes of Destruction (Writer)
Soundcloud: anairisqui

#12 Post by Jin »

Young Chase seriously looks so cute. <3

I'm really curious to see this VN finished! The sprites and logo looks great, and the story has me intrigued.

Good luck! : D

daijinahito
Regular

#13 Post by daijinahito »

Jin wrote:Young Chase seriously looks so cute. <3

I'm really curious to see this VN finished! The sprites and logo looks great, and the story has me intrigued.

Good luck! : D
Thanks for the interest! \^3^/ I'm working hard on getting a playable demo up and running by mid-late May, so I hope you'll come back to check it out. Logo and sprites are from Shoji and Nero, btw. If you're looking for assets, I highly recommend them both. :-D

AdamsAccount
Regular
Projects: ORISHA, Mermaids vs zombies, Lesbian pirate dating sim

#14 Post by AdamsAccount »

This looks amazing!

daijinahito
Regular

#15 Post by daijinahito »

Braincakeproductions wrote:This looks amazing!
Thanks! I hope it'll meet your expectations. :-D