Cavaliers & Carnivals [KN][fantasy/adventure]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mellanthe
Regular

Re: Cavaliers & Carnivals [KN][fantasy/adventure, friendship

#76 Post by Mellanthe »

I've actually been following this thread for a while now but am never signed on when I see an update, whoops.

All of the art is so pretty but more importantly, fitting for the story which makes my inner artist all giddy! Keep up the good work!
I did also see that music on the progress bar wasn't filled in. Is there any plans for original music for the game as well???

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

Re: Cavaliers & Carnivals [KN][fantasy/adventure, friendship

#77 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

LizardRobot wrote:Your background thumbnails look cool so far! (way better than mine... I made like the worst thumbnail sketches ever for my background artist XD;;; ) and your character arts are so gorgeous! I love your coloring and style especially, so bright and expressive. The costumes are so wonderful! (I'm a huge costume nerd.)I really look forward to seeing even more!
Thank you! Character design is my favorite part in the conceptual process. So I hear you about geeking out over costumes!
Crazy Cactus wrote:I agree with Lizard, the thumbnails are really great and show a lot of promise, just like all your character sprite designs. As a matter of fact, I feel like you design aesthetic is very inventive, creative, and honestly, refreshing. Its very unique and so different from anything else here right now.

The overall theme just screams "cool" and fun. Who wouldn't be a fan of some good old-fashioned knights, carnivals, and medieval type environments that are pulled off with such style?

Would love to see you post more about this project!
Thank you so much! The number of fantasy EVNs seems to be growing, and I look forward to seeing more of that! I think what is slowing me down at this point is that I'm doing everything solo. Lessons learned - next time I work on a VN, I'll look for a teammate/team. Preferably a writer who just orders me what to draw because I'm indecisive as hell. :lol:
Mellanthe wrote:I've actually been following this thread for a while now but am never signed on when I see an update, whoops.

All of the art is so pretty but more importantly, fitting for the story which makes my inner artist all giddy! Keep up the good work!
I did also see that music on the progress bar wasn't filled in. Is there any plans for original music for the game as well???
Thank you, Mellanthe! I have plans for most of the tracks to be original, but we'll see!

Update! I'm taking a mini hiatus through January as I finish up my new art portfolio (career building...). I'll try to update my devblog more often as I've been making a lot of progress.

Honest Critique

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran

Re: Cavaliers & Carnivals [KN][fantasy/adventure]

#78 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

Yikes, I haven't updated this thread in a year! But the project is still alive! I am officially off hiatus and ready to get back to work. I'll give an update on Friday this week on my progress with backgrounds!

Honest Critique

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran

#79 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

I'm closing in on completing the background thumbnails. Here are some that I've been working on:

COSTUME SHOP

CITY STREET

BEDROOM

My devblog has most of my updates, but I'll try to mirror major updates here as well. That's all for now!

Honest Critique

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#80 Post by Zelan »

It's good to see you back, Green Glasses Girl! ^_^ I like the backgrounds you've posted.