Re:Set Episode 4 : Labyrinth of Steel [Fantasy VN/RPG/ADV]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re:Set Episode 4 : Labyrinth of Steel [Fantasy VN/RPG/ADV]

#1 Post by azureXtwilight »

Story:

Things have gotten very complicated for the demon-hunting duo, as more demon hunters shows up and claim they are in the "good" side, but why do they kill others? Mike and Gerald have to face the appearance of Sloth, who shouldn't be defeated until the last and their own friend has turned their back against them. Meanwhile, it's getting even harder for the two to get separated, even though they both know it will come eventually.

While chasing Sloth, the two stumble into an enormous facility, where Gerald's friend who is supposed to die reappears....

Features!
- Those awesome stuff you've seen in the first game (RPG battle, click and point adv)
- Shorter investigations
- Longer word count, probably
- Branching paths!
- Some murders
- Was trying to add debate system like in Phoenix Wright where you counter people with evidence
- More randomness
- Cue guest Doppelganger character appearance

Characters

Available fighters :

Michelle Vinson / Mike

Mike is getting even more comfortable with Gerald, and trusts him a lot more now, even though she is still aware of everyone else. She's also a lot more dependable person, even though she still jumps head first into action without thinking. Making friends with more girls made her more aware of many things, like how Gerald is suddenly getting weirder but being weird is not always a bad thing.

Gerald

Gerald in episode 4 is a lot more easy-going than he used to be in the previous episodes, but he's still obsessed about nutrition and tidiness. Due to this, he make friends easily, and get along with people well despite his intimidating physique. He's still hiding his true feelings, but sometimes it's so obvious that people around him starts to notice. As his determination to find the truth grows stronger, Gerald is also willing to sacrifice himself for that, which in turns worries Mike.

Hale Seung

Also known as Eun, the main protagonist you can play as in episode 4. She is a genius neurosurgeon who is willing to participate in the project due to unknown reasons. Eun has a rather cold and distant personality towards others, and people tend to think that she has no empathy. She also has a very low alcohol tolerance (Although higher than Gerald). Eun doesn't connect well with people's feelings, she tends to break from a casual relationship once her partner feels something for her, but will it be the same for her and Al?

Al

Al (known as subject A) is a white hacker whose legs nerves are damaged and is voluntarily willing to become a test subject. He is rather brash, straightforward and cynical, but he actually cares about things that is happening around him. Al is having a purely physical relationship with Eun, since he believes the both of them are unable to love due to their pasts, but that's what made him feel more connected to her more than anyone else. He is still carrying a good-luck charm a certain black-haired girl gave him in the past for luck.

Catherine

Also known as subject C, the only successful test subject who had artificial legs attached to her thighs. Mike recognizes her as Sloth, but she never really confirm or deny whether it is true. Her powers don't seem to work at all in the research facility.

Flynn Maxwell

Or subject B, as Hale calls him. Ace found him unconscious with half of his limbs destroyed, fortunately they managed to save him. His ID identified him as Flynn Maxwell and he is unable to speak. He carries an Etch A Sketch with him and communicate that way. Gerald seems to be remembering him from his past, but Flynn claims that he cannot remember anything due to the trauma. Flynn loves to converse, and sometimes replaces words with funny doodles.

Ace Wellesley

A researcher of noble descent who used up his family's money for the sake of this research. Ace funded Hale's research because he wanted to gain recognition. Even so, he is quite careless, as in knocking down things and insist that the force of the world does it and not him. Ace lost the use of his left eye, he claimed it was stabbed by a robber. Eun's father was the one who implanted the eye.

Sabrina Bayley

Ace's right-hand man and also the leader of his project. Sabrina is very dedicated to her job and is also very strict, but outside of work she loves to tease others. She can be oblivious sometimes, and panic quite easily when things don't go according to plan, but she is a very capable project leader. Sabrina is Coren 's character, Vincent Bayley's daughter.

Jade Eon

A third-year medical student who works as Sabrina's assistant. He prefers to be called Eon since he has such a girly name. Despite having a quirky appearance, Jade is quite a calm and collected person. Eon is hunched over due to carrying too much books when he went to school and was bullied a lot, but the bullying stopped when he rips off a chunk of his bully's arm.

Hana

Eon's girlfriend who often comes to visit and give him a lot of homemade food. Her picture can be seen in Ryuudou's wallet in episode 3, although their relationship is unclear. Hana is quite shy and air-headed, so people tease her often. She is also a great cook. She wishes to attend the same med school as her boyfriend so they can be together.

Seth Reinard

A demon hunter, Seth accompanies Ryuuzaki Ryuudou and claiming as his bodyguard to be able to enter the facility. Seth's true intentions and interests are unknown, however he supports Mike in her quest of fighting demons. As a cool and collected person, Seth has everything planned out in dire situations.

Ryuuzaki Ryuudou

Ryuuzaki is Ryuuichi's younger twin brother and the sole heir to the almost-bankrupt Ryuuzaki corporation. He claims to be a demon hunter and is working with Seth and a girl who pretended to be Akane in the last episode. Ryuuzaki hides his true feelings and self, and no one who really knows what he is really thinkng or planning.

Ryuuichi Ryuudou

Ryuuzaki's older twin brother, who is still working with the alias Drake Preston as a reporter with his girlfriend Miki. He wants to save his brother from whatever he is involved in, and unravel the secrets behind the box.

Miki Kusanagi

Miki is Ryuuzaki Twins' bodyguard who fell in love with Ryuuichi and ran away with him, abandoning her duties. Together with him, she tries to discover Ryuuzaki's true intentions and find out the secrets of the box. Miki and Mike slowly become friends, even though she keeps forgetting what happened before the box is closed.
Last edited by azureXtwilight on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

piichimi
Regular
Projects: A+ Switch! (Visual Novel)

Re: Re:Set Episode 4 : Labyrinth of Steel [Fantasy VN/RPG/AD

#2 Post by piichimi »

azureXtwilight wrote:
Story:

Things have gotten very complicated for the demon-hunting duo, as more demon hunters shows up and claim they are in the "good" side, but why do they kill others? Mike and Gerald have to face the appearance of Sloth, who shouldn't be defeated until the last and their own friend has turned their back against them. Meanwhile, it's getting even harder for the two to get separated, even though they both know it will come eventually.

While chasing Sloth, the two stumble into an enormous facility, where Gerald's friend who is supposed to die reappears....

Features!
- Those awesome stuff you've seen in the first game (RPG battle, click and point adv)
- Shorter investigations
- Longer word count, probably
- Branching paths!
- Some murders
- Was trying to add debate system like in Phoenix Wright where you counter people with evidence
- More randomness
- Cue guest Doppelganger character appearance

Characters

Available fighters :

Michelle Vinson / Mike

Michelle Vinson is still a playable character, she s getting a lot more dependable and calmer. She is also unsure who to trust, but has decided to be with Gerald fo the time being. Mike wanted to learn how to make friends easily like her partner, but still has trouble doing so.

Gerald

Gerald in episode 4 is a lot more easy-going than he used to be in the previous episodes, but he's still obsessed about nutrition and tidiness. Due to this, he make friends easily, and get along with people well despite his intimidating physique. He's still hiding his true feelings, but sometimes it's so obvious that people around him starts to notice. As his determination to find the truth grows stronger, Gerald is also willing to sacrifice himself for that, which in turns worries Mike.

Hale Seung

Also known as Eun, the main protagonist you can play as in episode 4. She is a genius neurosurgeon who is willing to participate in the project due to unknown reasons. Eun has a rather cold and distant personality towards others, and people tend to think that she has no empathy. She also has a very low alcohol tolerance (Although higher than Gerald). Eun doesn't connect well with people's feelings, she tends to break from a casual relationship once her partner feels something for her, but will it be the same for her and Al?

Al

Al (known as subject A) is a white hacker whose legs nerves are damaged and is voluntarily willing to become a test subject. He is rather brash, straightforward and cynical, but he actually cares about things that is happening around him. Al is having a purely physical relationship with Eun, since he believes the both of them are unable to love due to their pasts, but that's what made him feel more connected to her more than anyone else. He is still carrying a good-luck charm a certain black-haired girl gave him in the past for luck.

Catherine

Also known as subject C, the only successful test subject who had artificial legs attached to her thighs. Mike recognizes her as Sloth, but she never really confirm or deny whether it is true. Her powers don't seem to work at all in the research facility.

Flynn Maxwell

Or subject B, as Hale calls him. Ace found him unconscious with half of his limbs destroyed, fortunately they managed to save him. His ID identified him as Flynn Maxwell and he is unable to speak. He carries an Etch A Sketch with him and communicate that way. Gerald seems to be remembering him from his past, but Flynn claims that he cannot remember anything due to the trauma. Flynn loves to converse, and sometimes replaces words with funny doodles.

Ace Wellesley

A researcher of noble descent who used up his family's money for the sake of this research. Ace funded Hale's research because he wanted to gain recognition. Even so, he is quite careless, as in knocking down things and insist that the force of the world does it and not him. Ace lost the use of his left eye, he claimed it was stabbed by a robber. Eun's father was the one who implanted the eye.

Sabrina Bayley

Ace's right-hand man and also the leader of his project. Sabrina is very dedicated to her job and is also very strict, but outside of work she loves to tease others. She can be oblivious sometimes, and panic quite easily when things don't go according to plan, but she is a very capable project leader. Sabrina is Coren 's character, Vincent Bayley's daughter.

Jade Eon

A third-year medical student who works as Sabrina's assistant. He prefers to be called Eon since he has such a girly name. Despite having a quirky appearance, Jade is quite a calm and collected person. Eon is hunched over due to carrying too much books when he went to school and was bullied a lot, but the bullying stopped when he rips off a chunk of his bully's arm.

Hana

Eon's girlfriend who often comes to visit and give him a lot of homemade food. Her picture can be seen in Ryuudou's wallet in episode 3, although their relationship is unclear. Hana is quite shy and air-headed, so people tease her often. She is also a great cook. She wishes to attend the same med school as her boyfriend so they can be together.

Seth Reinard

A demon hunter, Seth accompanies Ryuuzaki Ryuudou and claiming as his bodyguard to be able to enter the facility. Seth's true intentions and interests are unknown, however he supports Mike in her quest of fighting demons. As a cool and collected person, Seth has everything planned out in dire situations.

Ryuuzaki Ryuudou

Ryuuzaki is Ryuuichi's younger twin brother and the sole heir to the almost-bankrupt Ryuuzaki corporation. He claims to be a demon hunter and is working with Seth and a girl who pretended to be Akane in the last episode. Ryuuzaki hides his true feelings and self, and no one who really knows what he is really thinkng or planning.

Ryuuichi Ryuudou

Ryuuzaki's older twin brother, who is still working with the alias Drake Preston as a reporter with his girlfriend Miki. He wants to save his brother from whatever he is involved in, and unravel the secrets behind the box.

Miki Kusanagi

Miki is Ryuuzaki Twins' bodyguard who fell in love with Ryuuichi and ran away with him, abandoning her duties. Together with him, she tries to discover Ryuuzaki's true intentions and find out the secrets of the box. Miki and Mike slowly become friends, even though she keeps forgetting what happened before the box is closed.
Sounds really cool!
All the characters seem great too!

Misheru10
Deviantart: BlackMisheru

#3 Post by Misheru10 »

can't wait:D
You don't need a shooting star...

mika.magu

#4 Post by mika.magu »

ASDFGHJKL First of all, dat user icon!!! :33

ALSO HOW ADORABLE IS MIKE GETTING. I LOVED HER WITH THE SHORT HAIR, BUT SEEING MOMENTARY BOUTS OF HER GIRLINESS MAKES ME WANT TO SQUEAL. That pattern on her skirt too, I'm loving it! *u*
their own friend has turned their back against them

Ohmygosh exactly which friend is this one?? O_O

Mehehe I'm excited to see Jade >:)))

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#5 Post by azureXtwilight »

Updating with a screenshot~
Attachments
ScreenShot024.jpg

殺す/Kurosu~❆

#6 Post by 殺す/Kurosu~❆ »

DEM ACE, FLYNN AND GERALD. MY GOD. HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU INTEND MY NOSE TO BLEED. //Gets shot. *Wipes nose with tissue.* I'm really looking forward to it! Makes me remember that I'm fangirling infront of my mom. >~> So embarassing.

Snatsch
Projects: Sweet and Spices (bg artist)
Tumblr: brumbrum-girl
Github: Snatsch

#7 Post by Snatsch »

殺す/Kurosu~❆ wrote:DEM ACE, FLYNN AND GERALD. MY GOD. HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU INTEND MY NOSE TO BLEED. //Gets shot. *Wipes nose with tissue.* I'm really looking forward to it! Makes me remember that I'm fangirling infront of my mom. >~> So embarassing.
I can relate T_T.

First of all I'm dying to play this since the whole series was amazing so far :3. I love the artwork and everything looks and sounds good in my opinion :). I hope, that you'll have a lot of fun with this project. Keep up the good work ^_^.

xxxSakura
Regular

#8 Post by xxxSakura »

oh MY GOD, THIS is literally THE thread that I've been waiting for after stalking your deviantart for months. Can't wait for it to be released!! Mike and Gerald looking cute as always in their new outfits asghskdl MIKE'S PIGTAILS. ALSO IS THAT A DOPPELGANGER CHARACTER I SEE ok I better back off from this thread before I explode with my fangirling <3