EISAI (BXG, College Romance, Recruit, Demo and Screenshots)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
themocaw
Regular

EISAI (BXG, College Romance, Recruit, Demo and Screenshots)

#1 Post by themocaw »

I'm Themocaw (director and route writer), and I'm here with the team from Shotglass Studios, including our art lead Rtil, to present Eisai, a visual novel project we've been working on using Ren'Py.

Eisai takes place at the fictional Inou Tadataka University, a prestigious school in southwest Japan, and follows the life of Shun Takamine, a gifted young man escaping a troubled home life, and the people he meets during his first year of college.

The demo here represents an extremely early work in progress, and none of it should be taken as the final product. The demo does not contain any NSFW content, but the final product will. There is a second thread in the Adult Content section for discussion of any NSFW content.

As the project is a work in progress, we are also actively recruiting new staff, mostly for artwork.

We hope you enjoy it, and invite you to share your thoughts with us here, on our forums (available at the link below), or on this reddit thread.

Shotglass Studios web site: Currently just a forum and links to downloads for our demo.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: EISAI (BXG, College Romance, Recruit, Demo and Screensho

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

A couple of questions...

Scope: How many endings do you expect to include? Be careful with this. Make sure you're prepared to create all the story content that you commit to writing. If you need to scale back the project, or release it one part / route at a time, that's fine.

Choices: A lot? A few? Somewhere in the middle?

Tone and genre: Does the story lean towards comedy or drama? How would you categorize it?

Motivating factors: What will help the reader care about the characters and their world?

The main character's relationships: I mention this last, because I don't think it should be a big deal. The way I figure it, a story can be interesting no matter what potential couples are involved. But since I'm asking... why boy x girl pairings? Also, does the main character often interact with people other than heroines (including his family, teachers/mentors, male friends, and more)?

themocaw
Regular

#3 Post by themocaw »

gekiganwing wrote:A couple of questions...

Scope: How many endings do you expect to include? Be careful with this. Make sure you're prepared to create all the story content that you commit to writing. If you need to scale back the project, or release it one part / route at a time, that's fine.
We originally intended to have seven. We're now down to three.
Choices: A lot? A few? Somewhere in the middle?
Somewhere in the middle. We're looking at about five major choices per route.
Tone and genre: Does the story lean towards comedy or drama? How would you categorize it?
Drama, but with a few lighthearted moments.
Motivating factors: What will help the reader care about the characters and their world?
We're hoping that their appealing and deep personalities and interesting life stories will make the reader interested. Failing that, we can try to lure people in with the promise of cute anime girls I guess.
The main character's relationships: I mention this last, because I don't think it should be a big deal. The way I figure it, a story can be interesting no matter what potential couples are involved. But since I'm asking... why boy x girl pairings? Also, does the main character often interact with people other than heroines (including his family, teachers/mentors, male friends, and more)?
One of the major things we were trying to avoid with this game was the "only interact with the love interest" factor. Side characters, particularly his roommates and platonic friends, are intended to have a strong presence in the story.

We went with boy/girl pairings because we're heterosexual males and that's what we know how to write.

sugarberry
Regular
Projects: The Night Circus (closed), Catnip+(closed), My Monstrous Heart (new)
Organization: Spearmint Spectre Studios
IRC Nick: SpearmintSpectre
Tumblr: spearmintspectrestudios

#4 Post by sugarberry »

The art is adooooorabllllleee q w q <3!!!
The one-girl game studio!

themocaw
Regular

#5 Post by themocaw »

sugarberry wrote:The art is adooooorabllllleee q w q <3!!!
Thanks! Got a favorite character?

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#6 Post by Godline »

themocaw wrote:
*Jumps in*

Hideki without doubt too bad it's not otome, ;).

Good luck with it!

themocaw
Regular

#7 Post by themocaw »

Godline wrote:
themocaw wrote:
*Jumps in*

Hideki without doubt too bad it's not otome, ;).

Good luck with it!
I'll see what I can do.

polterghast
Projects: Do We Have a Deal?, Sludge.
Organization: Ouroboros Games
IRC Nick: Kit
Tumblr: ouroborosgames

#8 Post by polterghast »

Looking good so far, I adore Risa's design. *u* Should I play this I think I know what love interest I'm going for first. :l
Best of luck with this!

themocaw
Regular

#9 Post by themocaw »

polterghast wrote:Looking good so far, I adore Risa's design. *u* Should I play this I think I know what love interest I'm going for first. :l
Best of luck with this!
...As Risa's writer, that makes me happy.