Pluvial [Romance, Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

Re: Pluvial [Romance, Slice of Life]

#46 Post by Akitsuki »

Ooooh!! This looks interesting! And not to mention the beautiful art! I can't wait to see more!
Good luck with the demo release!

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#47 Post by potouto »

@Demetis: sorry -- !! but I think I will go with the second one until some problems are solved. I will try to finalize the first design and compare them later wah
lmao actually those picture frames are meant to be opened after finishing the game.
I removed the umbrella and thanks!! Though I hope it's easy to understand (´∀`)♡

@Haze: Thank you a lot, it will be used in the demo for sure but I will try to prove in the final product.
And surely, the Birb will remained a mystery until the game is finished so be sure to keep an eye okayy??

@succuren: You did such a great job!! I said it before and I will say it again and again (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ I still need to finish that Charlie's BD story

@Akitsuki: Thank you !! And talk about demo release --

The demo script is edited!! It's like a late Christmas miracle as our artist said. We are rereading and checking the edited version until the programmer begin to code!! I'm super excited!! Here are some fixed GUI. I will work on the rest this weekend.
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-02-23-23-18-32.jpg
Screenshot_2015-02-23-23-18-10.jpg
Last edited by potouto on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

yeah well | commission | website

Demetis
Regular

#48 Post by Demetis »

Lol it's fine really it was just my opinion! XD With GUI you just create them and let them show you what they wanna look like in the end wait whut //slapped out of window XD
And super excited for demo script finished OvO! Can't wait for the demo * v *

TerracottaPie
Regular
Organization: Hikage Studios, Leveretta dev.

#49 Post by TerracottaPie »

Hey everyone, the last update was almost a month ago so I thought I'd fill in for Josie and let everyone know how the demo is progressing.

The script for the demo is complete, edited and finalised and entirely coded into the game, as are the sprites. The GUI will be coded in shortly. Aside from a few small other foundational details, the coding is in essence complete aside from adding polish. Currently we're running internal development builds.

For some completely new news, background art for the demo is on its way and should be completed soon, as is the sound design for the game. Background line work will probably be competed this week with colouring likely being covered over a slightly longer period. Sound design is in a mixture of the recording and editing stages and will likely be completed within a week. The music, again, a little longer.

Beyond that there's just additional polish to add and the demo will be available. No promises yet but I'd say there's certainly the possibility of the demo coming out within a month or so.

We do all enjoy working on Pluvial and it's great to see all the people backing us. Thanks for the support guys! We'll be sure to put out the best product we can!

For those of you who like percentages, here's some ballpark figures for the demo:
Writing: 100%
Art: 100% sprites // 25% BGs // ???% CGs (Undergoing discussion)
GUI: 80%
Audio: 30% music // 20% sound design

Stay tuned!

Miyazaki Momoko

#50 Post by Miyazaki Momoko »

This is like the 4th time I stumbled upon this thread since last year... >_> This game was really, like seriously REALLY famous you know. (Although you don't even release the demo yet.) Whenever I search for otome games, this thread always pop up. And every time I will click it~ XD Just wanna know how you guys doing. =) And up to now, I'm still full of expectation for this game. Really hope to play it soon~! ^^

Carliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!!!! Send my love for him. X3

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#51 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Pretty~
i'll cry if you yell at me

potouto
Veteran

#52 Post by potouto »

@Miyazaki Momoko, aha thank you for commenting on both threads (°∀°)b it meant a lot for us. I'm glad there are someone out there not giving up on us yet. We will not fail your expectations (´∀`)♡

@silverpikachu99, thank you (・∀・)

Effie here to update in a very sleepy state ╮(╯▽╰)╭We have been working on pur NaNoRenO in the past month. In the end, some problems ce up and we decided it's for the best that we avoided the NaNo release and get time to tailor our entry, making so-late-it's-not-NaNo.
ヽ( ´¬`)ノ Since the asset are mostly done, the script is being edited, we will get it out of the way soon and work on Pluvial.
For my part, I'm going on a hiatus until July for entrance exam. So the script is postponed, but fortunately, as Terra mentioned before, the script for the demo is finished.
Until I'm back, guys in Pluvial team will work on the demo and hopefully have it out very soon. Please don't losing hope on us aha (」゚ロ゚)」

Sneakpeak on backgrounds anyone?

myuncchi
Deviantart: vanillafondue

#53 Post by myuncchi »

;v;/// I just found this thread today, and I already in love with this so far. The story about something related with rain is always my favorite! The art is so pretty (also UI and logofff, like, WOW, it's cute, and UMBRELLA, AND RAIN?!); I really like all character designs. Dialogues, from what I saw in screenshots you posted, it looks interesting and fun.

Will wait for the demo and the released version :D

cutemia123

#54 Post by cutemia123 »

Hello...uhm i'm new at this comment thing...so please fogive me if i said anything wrong. First thing that i like about this game is your art work ( i usually notice the art work first then the others). It is very neat i love the way you use bright color on your character . It make them look very fresh and young.And your story line is very great and i think that u have a great writing skill. I really look forward to this game. By the way i notice that you haven't write "otome" or anything alike in your tag yet so i was wondering if you could add a boy x boy gerne or anything in your game.....uhm i'm just asking anyway...but if you can't it's ok. :D
Please try your best. I'll look forward to the release day....or at least the demo day..

succuren
Deviantart: gabbypinetree

#55 Post by succuren »

Hello all, i'll be filling in for Effie and reply to the awesome messages you're writing us!

@myuncchi, hehe that's great to hear! thanks~ (ikr, those screens are adorable) And if you like rain related stories, then you'll definitely like the demo lol

@cutemia123, thanks for the praise! I'm the one in charge of the art assets so i'm happy you like them!
And yeah, Effie's doing her best with the script so yeahhhhh it's gonna be incredible. Yes, we haven't written it down, though Pluvial is indeed otome, but (sadly) no, there's no BL in this. (i was all up for it, too :/ )

On other news, we're still working hard on the demo, and as soon as i'm finished with my papers everything should speed up \(゚ー゚\) So please look forward to that~

Demetis
Regular

#56 Post by Demetis »

@ succuren: so you just posted the art of white haired bby and cosplay boy to bait me I knew it -screams- as if I wasn't already baited before //slapped out of window
Background wips looking good btw ovob

succuren
Deviantart: gabbypinetree

#57 Post by succuren »

@Demetis MMMAYBE, good to see it's working wonders
Heh thanks~ they'll hopefully look better when shaded properly ahah

Laluune
Regular

#58 Post by Laluune »

Gorgeous art style, I love the character's poses they say a lot about their personalities. I look forward to playing the demo :)

potouto
Veteran

#59 Post by potouto »

@Laluune: I'm sure Gabby would be very happy to hear your words !! Thank you for the kind words.

Also, quick reminder, I'm still on a hiatus until mid-June, after that, the game's script progress will continue :D well sort of, uhuhuhuh
Okay, joke aside, since I have a lot of thinking about the plot, it will stay within the same time but with a little different storyline from the original. The rest of the cast will be introduced in chapter 2. Only two main characters in the demo! Hope you guys will enjoy it !

noctos
Regular
Projects: Aeris
Tumblr: noctos

#60 Post by noctos »

ashjfgaj this looks right up my alley, why haven't I seen it before? ;^; I'm glad to see you're still working hard on it!

I'm in love with all the characters, and there's rain! So much rain... Subscribing to this thread, and cheering you all on! <3
Tentatively working on my first project ☆