Lemma Soft Forums

Supporting creators of visual novels and story-based games since 2003.

Visit our new games list, blog aggregator, IRC channel, and Discord (new).
Activation problem? Email pytom@bishoujo.us.
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:33 pm 
Megane Procrastinator

Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: Re:Set, Morpheandir Tales, The Alliance, Althernis Precasted
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
After having some of my team members quit, Coren and I decide to work together on a much shorter Fantasia game, and hopefully we'll be able to finish this. The game is free-to-play.

PLOT

"After Thanos was sealed by the heroes from Seldrus, people thought the dark shadows looming over the world is over. A new hope arose, that the world will be peaceful and prosperous once again.

It only made things worse.

Even though no demon lords stood to take over the world, war soon broke out again as resources dwindled. Every kingdom fought over what was left. They plotted, schemed, ravaged, stole and ultimately destroyed... until it could no longer be tolerated. This world is slowly coming to an end, too weak to cope with the desperation and hatred in the hearts of its people. The cycle of life and death has become unstable. It is impossible to recognise the land from what it once was.

This is a tale that happened in that dark age of the world, a tale of a princess who lived in Levithiana, an elven kingdom where resources were still vast, but there was no King to rule it prior to his misunfortunate demise. Upon hearing the King's death, young lads from other countries, nobles and princes alike begun to plot on having Angelica as their bride. Not only they would have a beautiful damsel as their wife, but also gaining complete control of the resources of Levithiana. This starts at the spring ball, a party that the young princess hold, the event that might be their one and only chance to accomplish that."

You play as different characters, however you can choose which one the three girls can end up with.

Characters

(Based on demo appearance)

Angelica + Obtainables

Angelica Galavanei

Angelica is an elf princess, who lives in a kingdom where resources are vast. After the late king's demise, she had no other choice but to find a future groom and king for her people's sake. Being a very sheltered princess due to his father's over-protectiveness, Angelica had no prior knowledge on how to interact with men her age.

Ishtar Sheibani

Ishtar Sheibani is an ex-member of the Vanguardion Guild who was dismissed because he was dealing with black market goods. He was also the man Valen purchased a certain goods from and Raziel's ex-lover. Ishtar is a very loyal man to his clients and is adept at keeping secrets.

Juzaburou Sozen

Juzaburou Sozen is a wandering aviary-nomad monk who claims to search for world peace. He is in a pilgrimage, and wishes to end it by finding "The door to all answers". He is a very calm man who knows how to break someone's mental defenses. Juzaburou rarely opens his eyes, claiming that if he does so, his "Inner Demons" will come out.

Croix Valliancourt

Croix Valliancourt is Seldrus' Vice General, who fought alongside Queen Serenade during her days as a rebel in ROA timeline. He is a very silent man and his presence tend to go unnoticed, despite wearing a heavy armor. It's quite hard to guess what Croix is thinking since he mostly kept to himself. There is a theory going around that there is nothing behind that armor, since he never appears without it.

Cosette + Obtainables

Cosette De'Renquold

Cosette De'Renquold is the youngest of the De'Renquold siblings, but she is soon to be the family heir due to her having a lot stronger magical power than her brother Aurelio. A best friend of Angelica who met her when they were young and has been exchanging letter ever since. She wish to someday go to an adventure.

Raven Roughknight

The guild's lead researcher and also the inventor of the Rune Gun, Raven is known to be an eccentric person (if not mad). No one knows how Raven lost his vision, but it was rumored that he had seen too much truths of the world and gouged his own eyes out. Raven usually said impossible and outrageous things, but it always ends up correct. He also came out as an asexual for no known reason.

Sigma

Sigma is a demon summoned by Angelica for her purposes of eradicating immortals. His given name was quite lame, and thus Angelica decided to change it into Sigma. He feeds off people to regenerate and strengthen himself. Despite being a demon, Sigma has a soft spot for little kids, and thus befriends Aimee quickly. He also has another form.

Savan Roughknight

Savan is Raven's younger brother and future elven village chief. He originally came to Seldrus to bring his brother home, due to the request of his dying father. Savan has mixed feelings towards his brothers and always thought that his father preferred Raven over himself.

Meiko + Obtainables

Meiko Himeya Leingold

Meiko Himeya is an aviary Nomad, or basically half-bird nomad. When she was 5 years old, her village was destroyed and she was taken in by Valen and Cain as their adopted daughter since they had no child. Despite her stature and age, she is very sophisticated, much like her father. Meiko will give birth to Mika Himeya from Mica:Apoptosis somewhere in the future

Aurelio De'Renquold

Aurelio De'Renquold is the eldest of the De'Renquold siblings. Aurelio is Cossette's elder brother and second in line to the family heir. He has a sister complex and is overly protective of his younger sister. Aurelio is overly serious and tend to look down on other people, but sometimes he has a good playful side inside of him.

Gabriel Vanguardion

The son of Ian Vanguardion and the elder sibling of the Vanguardion twins. Gabriel is a chivalrous and energetic young man much like his father in Realm of Thanos. He still have a long way to go to become the guild leader though, since his naiveness and odd way of thinking can cause a lot of problems for him in the future. Gabriel is quite prudish, and is quick to be enamored to a gentle, weak, damsel in distress.

Other Characters (Sometimes they will have a POV, too)

Cheryl Leingold

Cheryl is a human-turned-immortal and the Goddess of Life, she came to Angelica's party bearing gifts and behaves as Seldrus' representative for the party. Calm, collected, and somewhat cryptic, she is no different than the previous Goddess of Life.

Reuben Beaumont

Reuben is a very wealthy human noble whose father want to expand their business by having him marry Angelica. Reuben is not too fond of the idea of marrying someone whom he never met, but he is willing to do anything for his beloved father.

Esmond Fourneaux

Esmond is a handsome-looking son of an elven village chief and idolized by the girls in his birthplace. He is aware in this fact, which gives him a lot of self-confidence... perhaps a little bit too much.

Fakir Xaretros

Prince Fakir is Nazim Xaretros' younger cousin who will inherit the throne if he dies... but he is too much of a pacifist to dare take his own cousin's life. Instead, he plans on marrying Angelica no matter what it takes. He loves art, and thus appreciates beauty a lot.

Volg Tribe

Volg Tribe is Ian's right-hand-man in the guild. Having indebted to Valen and Cain of his life, he vowed to protect their adopted daughter, Meiko. Volg has quite matured ever since ROA, but he still have that easy-going and cheerful attitude.

Cain Leingold

Cain Leingold is an immortal an a nobleman who lives in the center of Seldrus. He and his wife refuses to have a child which would create yet another immortal, and instead took in Meiko as their child. Cain is a very gentle and loving person, even though he has quite the temper.

Nazim Xaretros

Nazim Xaretros is the current king of Valdrox and the brother-in-law of Klavios. He asked Volg to investigate the whereabouts of his missing cousin Fakir, and was the first to notice something went wrong.

Klavios Gavanshe Zanarkand

The current king of Seldrus Kingdom, who rose to the throne after his father died a year ago. Klavios is married to Nazim's elder sister, Serenade and is expecting their firstborn child. No longer a womanizer who loves to fool around, Klavios is known to be a lot more mature than he once was.

Cyrus Tribe

Volg's younger brother who currently runs an inn with Faye. Despite how he looks, Cyrus is 25 years old. He also works at the guild, but is a lot lower in rank than his elder brother. Up until now, he still hasn't discovered what his "halfling" ability is.

Aimee Juno Andrey

Aimee s Angelica's timid personal maid. Despite her young age, she is very dilligent and responsible for all of Angelica's need. The both of them are very close to one another, and she is almost a little too protective of her Mistress.

Raziel Vanguardion

The daughter of Ian Vanguardion and the younger sibling of the Vanguardion twins. Even so, she is the more dominant sibling of the two because of her more rational nature. Raziel has no interest on becoming the guild leader, and want to explore the world instead. She is staying due to some hidden feelings towards her mentor, Volg Tribe, which she doesn't really show due to the latter already being in a relationship..

Other characters and cameos coming soon!

DEMO

STAFF

GUI, Coding, Writing, Art : azureXtwilight
Concept Art, Proofreading : CorenB

Last edited by azureXtwilight on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:17 am, edited 23 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:21 am 
Regular

This looks great! I can't wait for the demo to come out so that I can play it to death!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:49 am 
Mindscrew Driver

Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB
Yesss!!! Let's do our best Azure :P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:03 pm 
Megane Procrastinator

Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Great news, the demo story is just finished. All that's left is completing the art and GUI!
Some updates :

The tribe brothers will be making appearances on the game, they are now respectively 27 and 25 years old, Cyrus opened an inn alongside Faye and Volg became Ian's right-hand-man at the guild. Here's some preliminary sketch of them~

Attachments:
ScreenShot046.jpg
ScreenShot046.jpg [ 448.32 KiB | Viewed 15236 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:51 am 
Megane Procrastinator

Updated with Volg's sprite~

Attachments:
_minstrel_s_rhapsody__volg_tribe_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d89ssvi.png
_minstrel_s_rhapsody__volg_tribe_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d89ssvi.png [ 400.17 KiB | Viewed 15070 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:37 am 
Megane Procrastinator

More updates I guess

Meiko Himeya is an aviary Nomad, or basically half-bird nomad. When she was 5 years old, her village was destroyed and she was taken in by Valen and Cain as their adopted daughter since they had no child. Despite her stature and age, she is very sophisticated, much like her father. Meiko will give birth to Mika Himeya from Mica:Apoptosis somewhere in the future

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:28 am 
Eileen-Class Veteran

Completed: A Foretold Affair, FI: Interview, MMDB
Projects: XOXO Droplets, Floret Bond, LoV
Organization: GB Patch Games
Twitter: @Patch_Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch.io: gbpatch
This sounds fantastic C:. It's also very cool that this is not only connected to the other Fantasia games, but also Mica: Apoptosis :mrgreen:.

I'm really looking forward to this game's release.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:23 am 
Veteran

Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
Projects: Scattered Starlight
IRC Nick: Ferdokki
This sounds really cool! I'm intrigued by the story. Can't wait to try this!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:35 pm 
Megane Procrastinator

Thank you!

Updated with Cain's Sprite:

Attachments:
_minstrel_s_rhapsody__cain_leingold_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d8agcu2.png
_minstrel_s_rhapsody__cain_leingold_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d8agcu2.png [ 376.69 KiB | Viewed 14158 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:21 am 

Projects: (only plot bunnies for now)
Tumblr: letherealism
Interesting! So...forgive me for coming in late to the game, but is this like an AU of the original Fantasia-verse? Really loved the Fantasia: ROT game (er, mass-skipping through the mystery interrogation every new playthrough aside), as well as the interesting twists in Doppelanger, so I expect this will be nice and plotful too.

I understand that this is a demo so you guys are probably planning to improve on things, but I just want to point out that I thought Angelica and Cheryl were guys at first before I scrolled down to their outfits. I think it's the way their mouths are drawn. It's a bit wide for a girl, to my untrained eyes. Perhaps a smaller/thinner mouth or an extra line to suggest a fuller lip would help with things. Or maybe they just need longer eyelashes, I dunno. You're welcome to take my advice with a grain of salt. ;-D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:27 am 
Megane Procrastinator

Leafwing wrote:
Interesting! So...forgive me for coming in late to the game, but is this like an AU of the original Fantasia-verse? Really loved the Fantasia: ROT game (er, mass-skipping through the mystery interrogation every new playthrough aside), as well as the interesting twists in Doppelanger, so I expect this will be nice and plotful too.

I understand that this is a demo so you guys are probably planning to improve on things, but I just want to point out that I thought Angelica and Cheryl were guys at first before I scrolled down to their outfits. I think it's the way their mouths are drawn. It's a bit wide for a girl, to my untrained eyes. Perhaps a smaller/thinner mouth or an extra line to suggest a fuller lip would help with things. Or maybe they just need longer eyelashes, I dunno. You're welcome to take my advice with a grain of salt. ;-D

Thanks for the comment! This is an official continuation of Requiem of The Abyss, set ten years just after the game.

Also thanks for the input, I will improve the girls' anatomy for the next sprites :3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:45 am 
Mindscrew Driver

Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB
Yay Cain! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:19 am 
Megane Procrastinator

Proofreader/editor now needed. Please apply in this thread : viewtopic.php?f=59&t=29823

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:54 am 

HOLY... I like dat Reuben //slaps. I kinda have a thing for meganes |・ω・`)コッショリ. Anyway, I've been a fan of the Fantasia series for a loooong time, along with your other works. Especially Doppelganger, Reset and Realm of Thanos. Dear sweet Jesus, Marshall and Cain ・:*:・(*/////∇/////*)・:*:・. Seeing another cameo from the previous Fantasia make me squeal. I'm looking forward to it! More sexy guys please! //BANG.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:26 am 
Veteran

Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.
Im excited for this to start! Best of luck!

Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=16452.