Passion Sync (Magical Girl) (Yuri)(Episodic)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
eileen
Veteran
Projects: Akiba Z and Passion Sync
Organization: Aphrodisia/Beautiful Starr

Passion Sync (Magical Girl) (Yuri)(Episodic)

#1 Post by eileen »

Logo done by Morhighan
Content: Action, Magical Girl, Romance, Incest and Yuri.

Note: We will update the images after I receive them. These are only merely concept arts and doesn't reflections the final art product. See my other game if you want to see the final product.

Plot:

Madoka Kobayashi is an outgoing high school student who loves video games, women (though she won’t admit it), friendly competition and adventure. During a special ceremony, Yuu and his minions were released and started causing havoc everywhere. They consume and corrupt everything in sight leaving, nothing in their wake. To defeat Yuu, Madoka must obtain the power of Passion Sync and become its wielder. She isn’t alone in this, as the Passion Sync gives all nine of her little sisters the ability to transform into magical girls!

Equipped with the Passion Sync and passion for fighting, Madoka is ready to take down this entity alongside her sisters! All the while, she must woo all nine of her little sisters and mother, keeping them all satisfied with their relationships for the Passion Sync!

Protagonist

Princess Madoka Kobayashi

The protagonist of Passion Sync and the owner of item by the same name. Being an outgoing high school student and bit of rebel, Madoka is a skilled brawler and enjoys fighting competitions. She also enjoys video games and action. With her mother and all younger sisters in love with her, she tends to be embarrassed a lot and attempts to keep on the down low, especially when she starts dating them all. Madoka goes by the name Marvelous Madoka, using her fists alongside the Passion Sync. Age 18.

Madoka's Harem

Princess Samus “Sammy” Kobayashi

Samus is one of the eight younger sisters of Madoka whom becomes a magical girl alongside all her other sisters. She is a benevolent girl who is willing to befriend anyone and tries her best to understand all ways of life. She is known as Beautiful X-Buster and uses X-Repulsor Buster to defeat enemies.

Queen Rosalyna Kobayashi

Rosalyna is the youthful mother of Madoka and her sisters. She is one of the three goddesses that protect the world from evil. Rosalyna openly purses Madoka aggressively attempting to seduce her and sleep with her everywhere. She tends not care what she’s wearing at home when guest arrive, which leads to some awkward moments for Madoka. She is known as Beautiful Divine and uses Divinity Scepter for a weapon.

Princess Kagura Kobayashi

Kagura is one of the seven younger sisters of Madoka and best known as Beautiful Seraph. She is the more mysterious sister and has the power to communicate with spirits and beings from other dimensions. She uses the Mirror Battle Staff for combat and repelling evil in the soul.

Princess Ayu Kobayashi

Ayu is the childish badass younger sister of Madoka and known to indulge in sweets. She has a romantic and a very energetic personality. Ayu spends most of her free time trying to get Madoka to take her out on a date or just to hang out with her alone, despite her mother and other sisters’ attempts for the same. She is known Beautiful Kawaii and uses Passion Virge for attacks.

Princess Ruri Kobayashi

Ruri is the seemly fragile younger sister of Madoka. Due to her appearance she seems like an angel, but is far from it. She’d rather spend time with Madoka or surfing the internet and playing video games. She is notorious for being cold to people. Known as Beautiful Purity, she uses the Scythe Gun as her weapon.

Princess Lyna Kobayashi

Lyna is the pop idol younger sister of Madoka and loves to sing. She tries her best at whatever she does and tries to help as best she can. Lyna has strong sense of justice and will stand up for those who commit injustice. Being Madoka’s emotional anchor, Madoka highly values the opinion of Lyna over anyone else. She is known as Beautiful Lyric and uses her microphone-like rapier as a weapon. Age 16

Princess Kayu Kobayashi

Kayu is the stealthy younger sister of Madoka. She is very resourceful and intelligent. Having a lot of spare time, she spends it spying on Madoka whenever she can. Kayu is very into good at the art of stealth and staying in the shadow. She has the unique ability to track people that are thought to be untraceable, and is the go to person when trying to find information on everything. She is known as Beautiful Shadow and uses her Shadow Mace as a weapon.

Princess Kana Kobayashi

Kana is the youngest of all Madoka’s youngest sisters and is the most energetic. She doesn’t have a lot of friends due to her constantly declaring her love for Madoka, much against her older sister’s dismay. She spends most of her time hanging out and trying to woo Madoka. Kana’s dream is to be a perfect housewife to her sister, and knows her way around the kitchen. Kana is known as Beautiful Heart and uses her Heart Wand for attacks.

Princess Nanoha Kobayashi

Nanoha is the energetic and action-jumping younger sister of Madoka. She has a passion for music of all types and is never seen without her trusty music player and earphones. She is gifted in the arts of music and plays electric guitar in her free time. Even with her proficiency in music, she seems to have no direction in life and lives in the moment. She is known for being very serious when she or other people are in danger and seeks to protect the ones she cares about. Nanoha is known as Beautiful Harmony and her weapon is Vibrant Light Saber.

Princess Megumi Kobayashi

Megumi is one of Madoka's younger sisters that has power to transform into magical girl. She is the voice reason and mediator of the family. She loves to cosplay and is a huge fashionista. She is the successor of Rosalyna as the head goddess when the time comes. Megumi is pretty popular with the boys and adored by other girls as their role model.

Support Cast

Connor Wayne

Connor is the sole protector of the Kobayashi family and acts like a father figure to Madoka’s younger siblings. He is known as the physical embodiment of courage and the heroic spirit. Connor has an arsenal of many skills but he mostly specializes in swordplay, carrying the Divinity Sword everywhere. He is the best friend of Madoka.

Masaru Kobayashi

Masaru is Madoka’s father and previous protector of Kobayashi family. His whereabouts are unknown. OH NO!

Usagi

Samus’ special pet rabbit that she has had for many years. They have a special bond and always have each other’s back. He seems to care for everyone in the family and friends around him. He fights alongside the girls in battle.

Antagonist

Yu

Yu is the series’ antagonist and true leader of the coteries. He is known as the destruction god from long ago and is the heir to the kingdom long forgotten. Fueled by anything wicked, he uses his powers to destroy the world and remake it into his desire and ideals. He was sealed away after being defeated by Masaru and Connor in their last encounter.

Coteries

Coteries are the minions of Yu and does whatever he asks of them. They are created by human negative emotions and get stronger as they feed on turmoil of others.

Concept artist credits;
Stilts: Madoka, Kagura and Samus
Chime + Friend: Ruri and Kana
tscbr: Lyna and Connor
Aviala: Ayu
Lace: Nanoha
Vivi: Kayu
Lovebby: Usagi(Redesign) and coteries
propanoll: Rosalyna
Junoan: Usagi(Orginal)

Staff:

Project Leader/writer: Eileen.
Editor: Morgana.

Concept Team:
Concept Artist 1: Stilts
Concept Artist 2: Chimeko-san + friend
Concept Artist 3: Hazel-Bun
Concept Artist 4: propanoll
Concept Artist 5: grasblade
Concept Artist 6: Aviala
Concept Artist 7: Tscbr
Concept Artist 8: Vivifx
Concept Artist 9: lacelazier
Concept Artist 10: BEERINGS

Monster Concept Artist:lovebby
Junior Monster Concept Artist : Junoan

Promo Art:

Questions

1. What do you think of the plot?

2. What do you think of the designs of the characters and their descriptions?

2A: Who is your favorite character or the most interesting one?

3. Are you interested in playing this?

Feel free to ask questions and comment. Please don't comment about the long roster of concepts. Thank you. ^^;;

Thanks for reading~
Last edited by eileen on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:09 am, edited 5 times in total.

Seigetsu
Regular
Deviantart: suien

Re: Passion Sync (Magical Girl) (Yuri)(Episodic)

#2 Post by Seigetsu »

I'm all for a kick-ass protagonist! Maybe it's the name of your protagonist, or maybe it's the magic premise, but the plot somewhat reminds me of the anime Madoka. I don't know too much at this point as to what to expect, but so far, the plot sounds interesting.

The designs are good, but the styles of the concept art are quite different between the characters. Will there be a single style used for the final art?

In terms of design, I like Kagura and Nanoha the most. In terms of their personality description, I like Kagura the most. The mysterious type always gets me (even better if she were a tsundere)

YES! There just aren't enough GxG games...although if it's commercial, then I'd have to search my pocket to see if I have the money for it...

eileen
Veteran

#3 Post by eileen »

Seigetsu wrote:1. What do you think of the plot?
I'm all for a kick-ass protagonist! Maybe it's the name of your protagonist, or maybe it's the magic premise, but the plot somewhat reminds me of the anime Madoka. I don't know too much at this point as to what to expect, but so far, the plot sounds interesting.

The designs are good, but the styles of the concept art are quite different between the characters. Will there be a single style used for the final art?

In terms of design, I like Kagura and Nanoha the most. In terms of their personality description, I like Kagura the most. The mysterious type always gets me (even better if she were a tsundere)

YES! There just aren't enough GxG games...although if it's commercial, then I'd have to search my pocket to see if I have the money for it...
I'm up for a kick-ass protagonist too! Probably because of the magic premise or something that reminds of anime.I never fullu watch the madoka anime though.

2. Yes, there will be a single style for the in-game assets. I thought I putt that on top. ^^;; I guess not. It willl be in same style of the current MJ sprites if you want to see where final look is going.Yes, I agree that they are all distinct though.

2A: Glad that you like Kagura's and Nanoha's designs. I will be sure to tell each artists that. Yeah, I got people asking her to be tsundere. xD;;

3.I agree there to be more GXG. I will leave the status of non-commerical/commerical alone until later on.

Thanks for answering and stopping by~

wererat42
Regular

#4 Post by wererat42 »

Isn't this like, the fourth VN you've started?
I'm not really one to talk, but why aren't you focusing on finishing one before starting another?

eileen
Veteran

#5 Post by eileen »

wererat42 wrote:Isn't this like, the fourth VN you've started?
I'm not really one to talk, but why aren't you focusing on finishing one before starting another?
The two previous projects were dropped due to teammates inconsistency. I took a break last December due to frustration with the teammates and depression. :cry: Recently in March, got back into developing visual novels again which is when I thought of my other project Maleficent Justice. Which brings us to now, which I'm now working on this. :wink: The team and I are determine to complete this and Maleficent Justice in a timely manner. Both games are interconnected with each other as well. Also, one of previous was worked into Maleficent Justice.

To everyone else:

We got more information to share to you about Passion Sync. We will also be showing you more concepts as well. Also, sorry for a long post again. ^^;;

The first game in the series will contain the first two episodes of the series. You can call it the series premier if you want. :wink: The episode will be a self-contain story as well push the story further. Each episode focus on 4-5 girls each. You can select either of the four or five and go through their paths. The ending will be same except with slight alternation such if you get get single girl or all of them. Depending on which path, you will witness one or all transform of them. Yes, you will be able to carry over the save file from one installment to next one. You will unlock the other girls that isn't playable at first upon completing the episode and meeting the requirements.

The game will be in 1920x1080 or 1280x720 resolutions. There won't be any rpg battle system at this time. It will rely on written and cgs for fighting. We are attempting to implement how they do action and fighting in manga but make it work better for a visual novel.

Thanks for reading thus far! Now, it's for pretty art!

Samus' Magical Girl Outfit.

Kagura's Magical Girl Outfit:

Ayu's Magical Girl Outfit:

You may notice the magical girl outfits are not what you expect for magical girl series. Right?
You are correct indeed! The team and I went in the way of ecchi with their magical girl outfits. I think there are series that went with this approach. I can't remember any on top of my head. I decide go a different route. Other magical girls outside the Kobayashi family will be wearing the cutesy style outfit or what is standard in the genre.

Madoka's magical girl outfit is unique to everyone in the her family/harem as you will see why in a sec.

Madoka's Magical Girl Outfit Standard:

Madoka's Magical Girl Outfit Kagura:

Madoka's Magical Girl Outfit Kayu:

You notice that she has three variation of the same outfit. Right? Madoka can sync with any of her sisters or mother which give her different ability then her standard form. This will change her outfit to match with who ever she is sync with as well change the color streak in her hair. Does this sound familiar to you or remind you of certain character from video games? Anyways, I will talk more about that later on.

That's it for now. Please feel free to comment as usual. Thanks!

See ya!
Last edited by eileen on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seigetsu
Regular

#6 Post by Seigetsu »

Kagura is looking so great in the magic outfit too! And Madoka's sync outfit with her is so awesome. I think the sync outfit with Kayu is also really neat too. Love the color scheme and the rose details.

I don't really mind either RPG or comic-like battle system. I think either way, it can work out nicely.

eileen
Veteran

#7 Post by eileen »

Seigetsu wrote:Kagura is looking so great in the magic outfit too! And Madoka's sync outfit with her is so awesome. I think the sync outfit with Kayu is also really neat too. Love the color scheme and the rose details.

I don't really mind either RPG or comic-like battle system. I think either way, it can work out nicely.
I'm glad that you really like Kagura's mg outfit . ^^ I was a bit worry about her mg out being revealing. ^^;; It's relief that it's not the case. There are many more mg sync outfits for Madoka and I'm happy to know you like the ones I posted.

Good to know that both system are welcome. :D

Update:

We finally have a blog just for Passion Sync. Here is the link: http://passionsync.wordpress.com/
You can check there for updates as well.

Speaking of mg outfit, I have three more to show you guys! I hope you like them.

Lyna's mg outfit:

Kayu's mg outfit:

Nanoha's mg outfit:

As you can see, each sister have their own distinct mg outfit compare to each other. I don't need to reveal the common theme for the mg outfits as you can probably from images posted. :lol: I think you will like the rest of them once I post them.

Please tell us what you think of them. ^^

Also, we have started working on actual sprites for the game. We should be showing that in the future along with some writing.

That's it for now. ^^ As always, I hope you all like the update and will a leave comment if you are interest.

Seigetsu
Regular

#8 Post by Seigetsu »

Nanoha's outfit is just...wow! I love the color scheme and the details that give a "cyber" kind of feel. The colored bars along her hips remind me of the bars that show you the volume of the music playing, and I think that really goes along the theme of her being a music-lover.

wererat42
Regular

#9 Post by wererat42 »

Nanoha seems to be a reference to Vocaloid's Megurine Luka. Some of the other character appear to be based off of existing characters, too.
Kagura looks a lot like Saya from Saya no Uta and Samus obviously Metroid's Samus Aran. You might actually want to consider changing that name to be safe. Maybe make it something 'evocative' of the character like 'Sami' or something rather than using a copyrighted name? Just a suggestion.

Other than that, it looks pretty good. The whole sync thing is cool, though I'm betting it will be a ton of work to make sprites for each version of the main character, especially if she has multiple poses.

Sorry to hear your other projects didn't work out. I do look forward to seeing Maleficent Justice released.

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#10 Post by ebi-hime »

I really like the concept for this story haha XD It looks like a fun action/comedy fanservice anime plot, with magical girl doses thrown in - like Vividred Operation, maybe.
9 obtainable heroines seems like so much, though! Wouldn't that be hard to write - and isn't it difficult to come with up with so many unique characters?
Madoka's mother sure looks good, though, given she has given birth to so many children XD

Ayu's casual outfit is adorable (yay gothic lolita) and Lyna's MG outfit is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. It looks like something that could be in a real MG show! The colors are so nice o:
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

eileen
Veteran

#11 Post by eileen »

Seigetsu wrote:Nanoha's outfit is just...wow! I love the color scheme and the details that give a "cyber" kind of feel. The colored bars along her hips remind me of the bars that show you the volume of the music playing, and I think that really goes along the theme of her being a music-lover.
Yeah, Nanoha's outfit is really something. Isn't it? I actually didn't pay much to bars at first but now I see what you mean. It really does fit her theme well. Another thing about Nanoha is she is a gamer as well. She loves cats too. I will let the Lace know that you really like her design of Nanoha.
wererat42 wrote:Nanoha seems to be a reference to Vocaloid's Megurine Luka. Some of the other character appear to be based off of existing characters, too.
Kagura looks a lot like Saya from Saya no Uta and Samus obviously Metroid's Samus Aran. You might actually want to consider changing that name to be safe. Maybe make it something 'evocative' of the character like 'Sami' or something rather than using a copyrighted name? Just a suggestion.

Other than that, it looks pretty good. The whole sync thing is cool, though I'm betting it will be a ton of work to make sprites for each version of the main character, especially if she has multiple poses.

Sorry to hear your other projects didn't work out. I do look forward to seeing Maleficent Justice released.
Interesting. Vocaloid never cross my mind when giving details for design for Lace. I used a different character from different game series for her. The funny story about Samus is that she wasn't at first going to named that but just to be reminiscent of Samus Aran in clothing. I end up deciding to keep it for now but added Sammy/Sami as a nickname for her. Mostly everyone will call her Sammy/Sami but only Madoka will call her Samus.

Yeah, one of my concept artist pointed that it looks like different character when she was drawn but yes Kagura does looks a lot like Saya from Saya no Uta. Let see say Kagura is interesting sister compare her clingy tsundere sister Ruri. Type 2 Kuudere. Anyone?

It's fine. I learn from them so it's okay. Glad, you are looking forward to Maleficent Justice. It's very interesting to write I can say. :wink:
ebi-hime wrote:I really like the concept for this story haha XD It looks like a fun action/comedy fanservice anime plot, with magical girl doses thrown in - like Vividred Operation, maybe.
9 obtainable heroines seems like so much, though! Wouldn't that be hard to write - and isn't it difficult to come with up with so many unique characters?
Madoka's mother sure looks good, though, given she has given birth to so many children XD

Ayu's casual outfit is adorable (yay gothic lolita) and Lyna's MG outfit is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. It looks like something that could be in a real MG show! The colors are so nice o:
Woo. Really happy that you really like the concept for the story. There will be some magical girl elements found in other series in the same genre that I will be focusing on. It's not all about fighting, comedy or fanservice as I'm trying to find the right balance. :lol: It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I need to check out Vividred Operation then. xD

Actually, there are 10 obtainable heroines and yes that is so much. I think I cover most of types of girls in typical anime harems. lol Actually, writing them aren't very hard to be honest. Writing the character bios wasn't too hard though only problem is white page. lol Actually, I find it easy to come up many unique characters though it's just difficult to write them on paper. xD

Rosalyna does looks good even after giving birth to a lot of children. XD Interesting fact is that Madoka and her younger sisters aren't the only children that Rosalyna have. They have different last names and aren't part of Kobayashi family officially. Also, she is obtainable as well. ^^

Woo! Someone actually talk about Ayu. ^^ Yes, Gothic Lolita are the best. xD Lyna's mg outfit sure does look like it can fit in a real mg show. The colors are so pretty as well.

eileen
Veteran

#12 Post by eileen »

Here is the short Christmas update.

I have decided to switch to longer format for the game which will probably be over 50k instead of 20k per episode. I do have an idea how the end of the episode goes and I will say it should be interesting. :lol: I'm also going through my list adding and removing characters for the episode. I'm going to confirm Yu will make an appearance in the episode with his awesome armor. ^^

I do have some questions for you folks.

1. Will having multiple 'monster of the week' appear in one installment be too much? I have planned to do three in this one but they are connected to big bad of the episode.

2. Should I split the game into two parts which will focus on 4-5 girls at a time? It will still be release as one game though.

3. What would you like to see in Passion Sync?

We have some more concepts for you to see. Be amazed!!!

Fuuta(Boy) and Botan(Girl) in their coterie forms. They both have human forms but haven't got to design them though. ^^;;
Also, Fuuta is only one in the pair be born human.

Rosalyna in her magical girl/goddess outfit.

Yu in his bad ass armor. He will be mostly show up in his armor.
Yes, we do have Yu without his armor done....

We got fanart of our favorite music lover, Nanoha. Thanks Crestforge.

That's it for now. Have a Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Noire
Regular
Projects: Mirage Noir

#13 Post by Noire »

Nice, I really like their designs :) (especially Kagura)

Seigetsu
Regular

#14 Post by Seigetsu »

1. Will having multiple 'monster of the week' appear in one installment be too much? I have planned to do three in this one but they are connected to big bad of the episode.

I don't really mind having multiple monsters as long as they are connected to the main storyline. But on the flip side, a single boss with an intricate motive presenting an interesting problem for the heroines to solve would be preferable to monsters of the week all contributing little to advancing the plotline and character development.

2. Should I split the game into two parts which will focus on 4-5 girls at a time? It will still be release as one game though.
That would depend on what you mean by splitting it into two parts. I find that replaying from the start to go through each route, that have a lot in common, is somewhat annoying. If you can split it up in such way that there is less replay of the common route, then that would be nice.

I think you already have good character designs (that latest picture of Rosalyna is amazing!). I'd like to see more plot and character development in the game? Fanservice is okay, but preferrably not so much that it overshadows everything else.

Unseen

#15 Post by Unseen »

Wow this looks very interesting. So interesting in fact that I to temporarily brake my lurking/only-subscribing-to-threads-for-sweet-sweet-info streak.

----------------------

Sounds good so far. I really like the concept of it all.

I think all of the designs are very good. The descriptions match their design well.

Rosalyna for sure. She is so full of grace and beauty.
Aya as a close second, so cute. Ah hell, I like everyone. Their designs are really good.

Oh YES! I'm very excited to play this.

----------------------

Oh Rosalyna's magical girl/goddess outfit looks sooooo good. <3
Oh a tenth girl, eh. That aren't part of Kobayashi family. Interesting. :o

I think is fine with multiple MOTWs. The more "screen time" a single monster gets, the more relevant to the overall plot they should be. Or if not main plot, to character development and other similar things.
Speaking of MOTW: MOTWs if fine as long as other stuff happens as well. That the feeling of progression is there and not just defeat the MOTW and then everything return to the status quo.
Although that is more of a thing with shows/series and not so much with games.

Yeah as Seigetsu said, it depends on how you mean by splitting them up. Shared content or as one group is finished the other starts or do one group get looked out.
Do the inactive group interact with you at all at that time or are they off somewhere on adventure or simply ignore you and your shenanigans?
Or do more like the team splits into two to defeat two monster at two different location at once and you decide which to go with.
I would prefer to have all of them available at all times. Maybe that harder to write.
More honestly would be that I would selfishly want the girls I like to always be available to me. :3

Since there are a lot of characters, interactions/interplay between them would be nice.
Other then that, lots of mushy/sweet romance and action.

So endings... Is there a harem ending or only pick one girl from each group, if it's split up in two or more?

----------------------

I'm so excited for this. Like more excited then anything coming up. (Game, movie or otherwise, that I know of anyway.)
Sorry for any long incoherent ramblings. They do occur from time to time.