Seven Kingdoms [GxB/G] [Fantasy, Politics, Rom] (Greenlit)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
JuunoDoll
IRC Nick: Juuno

Re: ~(DEMO!)~ Seven Kingdoms [GxB/G] [Fantasy, Rom, Politics

#91 Post by JuunoDoll »

Hi! :)

I finished playing the demo, and it was a really good game, I must say.
I loved how every answer affects/hones the personality of my character, making it really unbiased in terms of stat allocation. Anyways, here are my answers to your questions:

What is your favorite background so far?
- Well, at the moment I was able to unlock three backgrounds, and the one that I favored the most would be the "Daughter of a notorious pirate". It made my character look so badass and independent, and made it a bit easier for me to pursue Prince Jarrod. :`)

I still like hearing about your favorite characters~
- At the moment, my favorite characters would be Prince Jarrod, since he is the so-called dangerous prince, and I tend to fall easily for badass/rebellious bachelors; Prince Lisle, yes, a complete contradiction to Prince Jarrod, but there is something about him that perked up my interest-- he gives me this "everything is not what it seems" vibe; Prince Hamin, because he seems fun to be with, and is the adventurous type; lastly, Princess Penelope, because she's just so adorable. :)

Have you noticed the effects of the personality options yet?
- Somehow, I think so, yes. It probably affects how other characters respond to the MC; it also probably serves as a gauge to check the balance of my personality, since one mistake may probably lead to the death of the MC (by which I had to suffer thrice in the demo).

Anyways, I am looking forward and excited to play the full version. I hope it will be released earlier next year. Keep up the good work! ^____________^

Erikka
Regular

#92 Post by Erikka »

So I've played the demo over and over again)
It was really funny to manipulate Jarrod and teach him some basic manners) I must admit he was sweet trying to say "thank you" few times)) He can be sweet :lol:
I also started to like Prince Zarad(though Prince Jarrod is always the number one for me) and I've managed to go on a date with him. He's very mysterious and I want to find out who's the real Prince Zarad.
I already have my suspicions about prince Lisle because his love-meter never increases ;) It will be pity if he's who I think he is))

I need an advice about Duke Lyon. Is it possible that he invites me somewhere the first week? It seems I've impressed him enough that he slightly likes me but I never get an invitation from him.
And I can't figure out what I do wrong but I never have enough insight points to understand some situations. I try to make friends with everyone and to choose the correct answers but my insight skill always sucks.(

ColaCat
Veteran

#93 Post by ColaCat »

From my understanding
Lyon needs high intelligence. Usually if you unlock the Jiyel background you should get his date.
I was worried it was just me that didn't seem to have an effect on Lisle. Still, I've stated my theories already.

alylt
Regular
Projects: Seven Kingdoms: The Princess Problem
Organization: Azalyne Studios
Tumblr: azalynestudios
Deviantart: alylt

#94 Post by alylt »

Hi JuunoDoll thanks so much for playing and for giving feedback! I really appreciate it!

It's a huuuuuuge game, but I'm working hard to finish it as quickly as possible!

Hi again Erikka and Colacat~

Lyon tips:
It does require some intelligence, but not more than a medium amount. Other than that, the most important thing for unlocking his date is picking the right options in conversation. He's the hardest one to please and gives you the least leeway in terms of saying the wrong things!
Hope that helps!

Also I hope everyone has an amazing New Years~ Have fun and be safe as the grocery clerk told me the other day!

JuunoDoll
IRC Nick: Juuno

#95 Post by JuunoDoll »

alylt wrote:Hi JuunoDoll thanks so much for playing and for giving feedback! I really appreciate it!

It's a huuuuuuge game, but I'm working hard to finish it as quickly as possible!

Hi again Erikka and Colacat~

Lyon tips:
It does require some intelligence, but not more than a medium amount. Other than that, the most important thing for unlocking his date is picking the right options in conversation. He's the hardest one to please and gives you the least leeway in terms of saying the wrong things!
Hope that helps!

Also I hope everyone has an amazing New Years~ Have fun and be safe as the grocery clerk told me the other day!
You're welcome! Good luck with the completion of the game. And have a Happy New Year! ^-^

alylt
Regular

#96 Post by alylt »

Hi Everyone! I hope you all had an amazing New Years!

Just popping in to let everyone know the new updated demo is out! http://sevenkingdomsgame.wordpress.com/demo/

In the new demo:

-A New Your Page and Your Page Button, including a who have you met section as a refresher to match names and faces

-New Activity Choice Screens

-A new happy sound effect every time you pass a check

-There is now difficulty levels, start a new game on Story Mode (all previous saves will be considered on Challenge Mode) and you will find hosting and challenges easier and it is impossible for your story to come to an end before the end of the game. (Although surviving doesn’t guarantee that you will be able to accomplish everything you want.)

-The check for defensive instincts during the riding challenge in the second week has been lowered

-Many misc. bug and text fixes, more spacing added etc.

The Demo now goes to the end of the second week!

Now you can:

-Find another hidden scene

-Unlock another romance scene

-Attend Penelope and Cordelia’s friendship event

-Compete in the ship races

All of these changes have been made because of our awesome players! We so appreciate all your feedback and hope you will continue to give it! You are all the best!

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#97 Post by AntiquedFae »

Wee, exciting! I'm so glad I won't fall to my death (for the fifth time...) now! :D Downloading!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

ColaCat
Veteran

#98 Post by ColaCat »

Just letting you know that when I tried to extract the file and play the updated demo my internet security (Norton360) said it wasn't safe and wouldn't let me play it.

alylt
Regular

#99 Post by alylt »

Hi ColaCat!

Thanks for letting me know! That's so weird. The only differences that aren't just in the script is there are a few new achievements. I'm not sure what the problem would be! But I made a new distribution and uploaded and linked the new file. Hopefully this one works better!

ColaCat
Veteran

#100 Post by ColaCat »

Thanks! I'll give it a go. I don't know what was up with it either, but if I find out I'll let you know!

rachb1888

#101 Post by rachb1888 »

Hey loved the demo v 1.1, i tried to update the demo and i can't extract the files. it gives me error messages as soon as winzip opens up, " Unexpected end of archive " and if i go ahead and try to extract them, i get another error message, " The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

I've tried at least 5 times to redownload an its always the same. I had no problem with the previous demo! :)

bellice
Veteran

#102 Post by bellice »

It works fine for me. I had the same problem the first time, but I attribute that to my internet connection (which is a brat).

alylt
Regular

#103 Post by alylt »

Hi rachb!

I'm so sorry to hear you are having that problem! It sounds super frustrating! I have no idea what the problem could be, but here is an alternate demo file and link, hopefully this will work better?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xyu6l ... .5-all.zip

If it doesn't let me know and I'll try to upload an un-zipped version :)

rachb1888

#104 Post by rachb1888 »

That works, thanks! *hops off to play*

Arcanum
Veteran

#105 Post by Arcanum »

Oh my god this is SO ENGAGING

I was doubtful at first because... I'm a shallow designer, and the UI bothered me a little. But in the end, the setting and story charmed me, as well as the characters (I liked all the boys but woah, the girls *A* Gisette is so hot omg). I couldn't keep up with as many characters at first, but ended up falling for them! And the story... It feels like a true fairytale, coupled with the background images. And so many different options, woah.... Though I have to say I failed spectacularly with the Matchmaker because I'm only polite and intelligent XD The scope of the game is impressive and I'm awed that you managed to reach this far. I've just reached the end of the first week and I'm a bit overwhelmed (it's very taxing to try and please everyone haha) - I'm going to have to rest a bit before continuing (if there's more in the demo) but I'm SO impressed. I loved it a lot!