Seven Kingdoms [GxB/G] [Fantasy, Politics, Rom] (Greenlit)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
alylt
Regular
Projects: Seven Kingdoms: The Princess Problem
Organization: Azalyne Studios
Tumblr: azalynestudios
Deviantart: alylt

Re: ~(DEMO!)~ Seven Kingdoms [GxB/G] [Fantasy, Rom, Politics

#121 Post by alylt »

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a great day~

Just a quick update:

-The website now has a FAQ page (which includes links to 2 more guides) https://sevenkingdomsgame.wordpress.com/faq/

-We are (sort of) in the news! The lovely Nadia of BrutalGamer has interviewed me here: http://brutalgamer.com/2015/01/19/seven ... -thompson/

-We are making progress on the new GUI, and it's looking fabulous!

And here's a progress screenshot :)

pyla8

#122 Post by pyla8 »

This is torture. I'm a broke college student (blew maybe too much money on those Steam holiday sales and xmas gifts) but I will so pay for this. Hopefully it comes out on the low end.

I don't know what to say about this except it is perfect. Ana is flawless. Where has this been all my life?

Also thank you, thank you for the invisible protagonist. I was so 100% sure she'd just end up being some generic blonde/brunette. Not that I assumed bad things for your vn (though it's so much more than I hoped for and I hoped for a good amount) but that seems to be what these historical princess vns are about. Now she's whatever I want her to look like. And pleasantly surprised by the presence of nonwhite characters like Sayra, Jaslen, etc.

alylt
Regular

#123 Post by alylt »

Hi plya!

Thanks so much for playing and for taking the time to comment :) Comments like yours really make my day~

And you are totally welcome! A huge part of my motivator in deciding to just try and make games myself was my utter frustration with all the games that wanted me to play as a main character I couldn't relate to at all (your typical gruff buff white dude MC) so it's very important to me that people who don't normally get to play as themselves or see characters like themselves get the option to play and see in my games!

(Although I wish I could do it better than just first-person invisible, because I would love to have a character creator like system where you get to pick what you look like and your clothes. But that's just completely beyond me atm. MAYBE SOMEDAY)

pyla8

#124 Post by pyla8 »

You know I was thinking of a character when I typed it, but you struck me as they kind of person who would've already considered it. xD And you did! I wish you so much success so I can selfishly enjoy the future fruits of your labor. This is so amazing and I can't wait for all of it to come out.

Ugh, white dude MCs are the worst. I mean, I guess it's fine occasionally but it's so overdone and I'm a narcissist so I want a character that looks like what I want her to.

Do you know that I've had this reply box open for like a day b/c I'm sorta intimidated and don't know how to communicate how much I am a fan of this right here?

alylt
Regular

#125 Post by alylt »

Hi again plya!

Please don't be intimidated! I love talking to fans about the game :) It makes all the hard stuff so worth it!

I'm also a narcissist who likes designing my characters to look like I want (usually a prettier version of me haha) and the typical video game protagonist would be fine, if he wasn't the lead of like 85% of all major games ever.

Anyway, feel free to talk to me anytime, or come bug me on my tumblr! I'm talking to people there everyday and we all have lots of fun together :) You don't even have to have an account! There's an ask function on my page, where people leave comments and questions, and you don't have to be signed up or signed in to use it. We might be the tiniest fandom on tumblr, but everyone I interact with there are so nice and are totally cool people.

selenity136
Regular

#126 Post by selenity136 »

I played the demo and so far it's really good. I've grown to love all the characters in the short time I've been playing it. Are you planning to do a kickstarter for this? And what's the minimum # for each of the stats to safely pass the game?

alylt
Regular

#127 Post by alylt »

Hi selenity :)

Thanks so much for playing and for dropping by~ I totally appreciate it!

I have no idea what stats will be required to succeed in the final game, I haven't gotten that far yet. But the further into the game you get, the more it will be about the choices you have made and the relationships you have built rather than stats. And after you pass the matchmaker in week three, stats will be more about the different ways you can achieve things than having base requirements.

As for a kickstarter, the answer is a very helpful: maybe. We don't have the budget to get custom backgrounds/cgs, so if people want those we will have to figure out a way to raise the money for them and kickstarter is one of the options :) But when that time comes, we will put it to everyone for their feedback and we will only do it if it's something most people want.

And while I'm here, we previewed some of the early designs for our new GUI made by the amazing, lovely and talented Ameliori on our tumblr!

http://azalynestudios.tumblr.com/post/1 ... -the-early

victorita9
Regular

#128 Post by victorita9 »

alylt wrote:Hi plya!

Thanks so much for playing and for taking the time to comment :) Comments like yours really make my day~

And you are totally welcome! A huge part of my motivator in deciding to just try and make games myself was my utter frustration with all the games that wanted me to play as a main character I couldn't relate to at all (your typical gruff buff white dude MC) so it's very important to me that people who don't normally get to play as themselves or see characters like themselves get the option to play and see in my games!

(Although I wish I could do it better than just first-person invisible, because I would love to have a character creator like system where you get to pick what you look like and your clothes. But that's just completely beyond me atm. MAYBE SOMEDAY)
I just saw your new stat designs. I love it!

I almost wish for the days when the MC was buff. Now he is like a loser with no drive, that is ok looking, and doesn't know what to do with his life. That way the player can shape him any way they want to.

selenity136
Regular

#129 Post by selenity136 »

alylt wrote:Hi selenity :)

I have no idea what stats will be required to succeed in the final game, I haven't gotten that far yet. But the further into the game you get, the more it will be about the choices you have made and the relationships you have built rather than stats. And after you pass the matchmaker in week three, stats will be more about the different ways you can achieve things than having base requirements.

As for a kickstarter, the answer is a very helpful: maybe. We don't have the budget to get custom backgrounds/cgs, so if people want those we will have to figure out a way to raise the money for them and kickstarter is one of the options :) But when that time comes, we will put it to everyone for their feedback and we will only do it if it's something most people want.

And while I'm here, we previewed some of the early designs for our new GUI made by the amazing, lovely and talented Ameliori on our tumblr!

omg the stats looking freaking amazing! to be honest, i was a bit annoyed with the current stats page in the demo since moving through the options were so sensitive.

And is it possible to for a sheltered princess to win over Jarrod's heart? My character practically ran from Jarrod at the dinner =/.

If you do have a kickstarter, I'll be willing to donate for a good project.

And I'm crossing my fingers for the next demo update :)

Erikka
Regular

#130 Post by Erikka »

selenity136 wrote:
alylt wrote:Hi selenity :)

omg the stats looking freaking amazing! to be honest, i was a bit annoyed with the current stats page in the demo since moving through the options were so sensitive.

And is it possible to for a sheltered princess to win over Jarrod's heart? My character practically ran from Jarrod at the dinner =/.

If you do have a kickstarter, I'll be willing to donate for a good project.

And I'm crossing my fingers for the next demo update :)
I also was wondering about it. Because my characters don't always have enough courage and as a result they run away from the dinner with him. I also would like to know if it's possible for a sheltered princess(or any other not brave enough character) to make Jarrod fall in love with her?

underbliss
Regular
Projects: Ebon Light
Tumblr: underbliss
Deviantart: Ahnna

#131 Post by underbliss »

Ahmygosh wow, those menus look amazing! This game's turning into an absolute beast <3

alylt
Regular

#132 Post by alylt »

Hi everyone~

Happy February! (I can't believe it, where did January go?!?!)

Thank you all for your comments about the new menus :) I like them a lot too!

For Jarrod there are only two ways: courage and confidence in your ability to handle people (think one of the cumulative stats) And while it's possible to do it right now as a sheltered Princess that's actually a bug. The Sheltered Princess doesn't have the right personality or life experience to be able to handle Prince Jarrod, at least not at the start of the game :)

Me and our GUI team are working hard, so hopefully we will be able to bring you the final demo before too long~

In the meantime we are planning a special Valentines day event! We are going to have a poll to vote for your favorite character, whoever wins will get a special prequel short story released from their POV before they came to the Isle :) So start thinking about who you might vote for~

And as as always, I'm pretty much answering questions on Tumblr everyday if you guys want to drop by!

You guys are awesome so I hope you all have an amazing month, since you all deserve it!

Erikka
Regular

#133 Post by Erikka »

alylt wrote:Hi everyone~

Happy February! (I can't believe it, where did January go?!?!)

Thank you all for your comments about the new menus :) I like them a lot too!

For Jarrod there are only two ways: courage and confidence in your ability to handle people (think one of the cumulative stats) And while it's possible to do it right now as a sheltered Princess that's actually a bug. The Sheltered Princess doesn't have the right personality or life experience to be able to handle Prince Jarrod, at least not at the start of the game :)

Me and our GUI team are working hard, so hopefully we will be able to bring you the final demo before too long~

In the meantime we are planning a special Valentines day event! We are going to have a poll to vote for your favorite character, whoever wins will get a special prequel short story released from their POV before they came to the Isle :) So start thinking about who you might vote for~

And as as always, I'm pretty much answering questions on Tumblr everyday if you guys want to drop by!

You guys are awesome so I hope you all have an amazing month, since you all deserve it!
Where will you post the voting?)) Will you make a POV only for one character? :cry: I'm happy but I'm not sure whether the character I like will get enough votes. If he gets second or third place it will be very pity( I wish you would make a POV for few most popular characters :mrgreen:

alylt
Regular

#134 Post by alylt »

Hi Erikka!

I will probably end up hosting the poll on my blog :)

I was planning on doing only one story since I have limited time, but maybe I'll release some short POVs from runner ups! That might be a nice thing to do in the spirit of Valentines Day~

Erikka
Regular

#135 Post by Erikka »

alylt wrote:Hi Erikka!

I will probably end up hosting the poll on my blog :)

I was planning on doing only one story since I have limited time, but maybe I'll release some short POVs from runner ups! That might be a nice thing to do in the spirit of Valentines Day~

It would make me so happy :))
Btw, can you give me a link to your blog?)