Seven Kingdoms [GxB/G] [Fantasy, Politics, Rom] (Greenlit)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

Re: ~(DEMO!)~ Seven Kingdoms [GxB/G] [Fantasy, Rom, Politics

#166 Post by Anne »

I didn't expect to enjoy the demo as much as I did (now I wonder why because the setting and the idea behind it, it's like my dream game)
What I especially liked
Hamin was as much fun as I hoped him to be and princess Ana is just too cute!
Unlike a certain other game failing all the checks doesn't make you die :lol:
Invitations and letters (the fact that there're both invitations and letters and the text of the letters themselves)

Unimportant observations
The history of the Summit is repeated at least 3 times I don't think that's quite necessary.
The main character doesn't really act according to her stated skills (I created a charming court lady with high eloquence still she could hardly make a conversation with the some delegates, I also had high politics still Jasper had to explain the basics of raltionships between nations to her)

alylt
Regular
Projects: Seven Kingdoms: The Princess Problem
Organization: Azalyne Studios
Tumblr: azalynestudios
Deviantart: alylt

Re: Seven Kingdoms [GxB/G][Fantasy, Rom, Politics] *Updated

#167 Post by alylt »

Hello to all our new posters and THANK YOU SO MUCH! <3 I really appreciate all of you taking the time to play and respond here.

Sorry I haven't been as good about updating this thread as I should have been. Our tumbrl and new (as requested) forums have been keeping me busy, although I try my best to respond to everyone wherever they contact me :) So always feel free to talk in the forums, ask me a question on tumblr or send me messages~

Speaking of our new forum, I'm not sure I ever posted the link here, but its: http://azalynestudios.forumatic.com/index.php

My amazing, lovely, helper minion Doomzilla/PunchySporkk has already shared the link, but sign ups for our beta for week three/final demo are now open! The demo is almost ready for the beta, so it should be out (hopefully) in the next couple of days.

To sign up, create an account and post in this thread: http://azalynestudios.forumatic.com/vie ... ?f=73&t=59

There are two features I am hoping to add to the final demo but wont be in the initial beta, one is the first their POV section and the other is a Fanart gallery. So if you are one of the AMAZING lovelies who has created some 7kpp fanart (of the game characters or your own mc) I hope you will consider allowing me to put in the game for everyone to see (with full credit of course!)

Anyway, I hope you all have AMAZING WEEKENDS <3

xxxSakura
Regular

#168 Post by xxxSakura »

I can't believe I haven't been stalking this thread fervently enough to know that the demo is out! *coughs* Everything about it is so engaging, I definitely wouldn't mind forking out some money to pay for the full version. :^)

What backgrounds did you unlock your first playthrough? Which did you pick?
The daughter of a notorious pirate and THE WIDOW (at first), and then the scholarly lady and tomboy countess on my second playthrough.

^ I'm actually thinking I did pretty badly here because everyone else seemed to have unlocked most of the other backgrounds, and here I am unlocking the goat-kidnapper pirate in me :lol:

Did you have any success getting invitations your first try?
I completely charmed Clarmont, if I may be so haughty to state xD
I also received invitations from Anaele, Hamin, Jarrod, Lisle, Penelope and Emmett that sweet little darling

What characters are you liking?
Most of them struck me as interesting, but I really liked Clarmont and Lyon. Clarmont seemed really mature and sweet and in need of some tender loving care tell me i'm wrong, while Lyon is just screaming ROMANCE ME with his whole intelligent and aloof aura. And a teeny weeny bit of Jarrod when he's being all tsuntsun on the MC *w*
JASPER IS ON THE LIST TOO CAN I ROMANCE HIM PLS? *W*
Also, a certain Grand Duke is on the top of my "least likable" characters xD Judging from the gossip I attained from a certain chaperon I'd assume he's the cheating scoundrel.
I know this isn't in the question, but with the amount of characters you're having I'm worried they may end up appearing to be very one-dimensional at certain points of the game. This is especially so with "bland" characters like Cordelia - can't say she really interested me in any manner since she seemed to be prim and proper at all times.

Have you noticed the effects of the personality options yet?
Yup, I did notice that the option to physically pull Penelope away from Jarrod wasn't available when I was busy being a scholarly lady :lol: On a side note, I'm facing some difficulty
finding Lyon unless I'm in the pirate daughter background. Or is this perhaps due to the fact that I didn't have a higher level of "street smarts" to eavesdrop on the conversation between Lyon and Duke Falon in the small library? :O
It seems like you've got a rather heavy game in the way. I'm a relatively shallow person, so I am ever so happy seeing the new GUI being done because a game as epic as this deserves the only the best GUI (it's too beautiful for words sobs)!! The writing was very engaging, at no point did I feel bored or spam-click (besides the entire history thing being repeated), and while the BGM was beautifully done I thought there could have been more variation to the different soundtracks.

I'm really excited to see where you'll bring the game to next! *u*

P.S. I also followed you last night on tumblr and you followed me back kfhfhfjgwk though you don't really have to.

alylt
Regular

#169 Post by alylt »

Hi Sakura :)

Thanks for playing the game and taking the time to reply <3 I super appreciate it!

Your quest in overhearing the secret with Lyon? Your second theory is correct~ Good sleuthing.

As for the characters who seem dull at first (like Cordelia) most of the feedback I've gotten from the people who have gotten to play further, is the more you get to know the characters the more you like them. I purposefully made it so that the it's much harder/slower to get to know some of the characters than others. That being said, with so many characters, I know not every one is going to be someone's cup of tea, and that's totally okay! The game almost never makes you interact with anyone you don't want to. (Well...mostly. Some people show up in main path scenes no matter what) :)

Haha I like following you guys on tumblr! Practically it lets people comment on my posts, but I like seeing all the stuff people say/find interesting :) I've learned a lot already!~

alylt
Regular

#170 Post by alylt »

And just a note to all the lovelies here who signed up for the beta that the link is now up! :)

Let's all prove the Matchmaker wrong about us, right?!

ZennyZenZen
Regular
Projects: Perfection Project
Deviantart: omgimawriter
Github: ZenNaari

#171 Post by ZennyZenZen »

Ana is mine!

Pastel.Lulu
Tumblr: your-pop-punk-princess

#172 Post by Pastel.Lulu »

I'm looking forward to playing this game so much, it looks amazing and I love these type of games where you get to make political decisions and such.
I just wanted to point out that in the game description, where you wrote all the names of the characters and put their respective information page, it says that the sweet princess is named Cordelia, not Penelope.

JimG
Regular

#173 Post by JimG »

I encourage everyone to give this demo a try. The story line is great and the game is very well done with an absolute boatload of variables. In challenging mode it is really difficult to optimize your character so it is lots of fun and very re-playable. Even if Otome games might not be the genre you typically play, this is one of those games that is transcendent. The demo is available in Mac and pc. Even old guys like me like it!! (Otome might not be the best description, I think of it more as an RPG where the main character is female)

Best Regards
Jim

Aramina

#174 Post by Aramina »

First of all, I love this game. LOVE this game. As in I wrote myself a detailed walkthrough for the first two weeks because of the number of times I've played it. You've nailed the politics of this game, and even from just the first few weeks I'm hooked. Reminds me a bit of Long Live the Queen, but I much prefer your game to that one.
Ok, so writing the walkthrough was mostly because I was trying to figure out the stat checks to win that boat race with Jarrod in my team. That guy is a major downer! But it made winning all the better when I finally managed it!
My favorite background is definitely the Court Lady. Something about being a manipulative (yet still caring) lady that never reveals her true self to people makes me end up picking that background almost every playthrough.

Oh man, favorite characters...they're all interesting so it's pretty hard to pick just a few, but I'll give it a go.

I know Woodly is a terrible manipulative person, but I find his deviousness interesting (and my Court Lady loves the verbal sparring). Can't wait to find out more about him in the later weeks!

As for the guys closer to my lady's age, my top 3 would have to be Jarrod, Zarad, and Hamin. Jarrod is all bark and no bite, and it's hilarious watching how easily a manipulative lady manages him. Zarad has the whole "mysterious hidden self" going for him, which definitely brings him a step above the flirty stereotype.
His first date is really interesting with a Corval background. My lady's mother either had a kind heart or was looking for favors somewhere. Could go either way :P
As for Hamin, I can see him convincing even the stuffiest lady to run off with him on some grand adventure. Or if they don't want to go, just kidnap them and give them a new nickname!

The only real negative I noticed was that when I'm mousing over the "Your Page" sub menus, it seems like the links aren't quite lined up with the images. Half the time I ended up clicking on the menu above or below the one I was going for because if I moved my mouse a bit it would freak out and start highlighting everything but the one I wanted. I don't know if it's an issue with compatibility or game programming. If it's my computer's fault, then just ignore everything I said. If it's programming, then I know you've already said that's not your forte.

Overall, a great game, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the full game when you've finished it.

doodle

#175 Post by doodle »

Hello!

Currently playing through the demo, trying to romance Prince Lisle, but it's practically IMPOSSIBLE. No matter what I choose, I can get the friendship/respect up very high but no romance at all. Is it supposed to be this way, or am I just that uncharming? ;_;

JimG
Regular

#176 Post by JimG »

doodle wrote:Hello!

Currently playing through the demo, trying to romance Prince Lisle, but it's practically IMPOSSIBLE. No matter what I choose, I can get the friendship/respect up very high but no romance at all. Is it supposed to be this way, or am I just that uncharming? ;_;

It is supposed to be that way, it's not you! My advice would be to try for other people your first couple of play throughs.

Best Regards
Jim

doodle

#177 Post by doodle »

Oh, really? PHEW!

Thanks for clearing that up, Jim :)

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#178 Post by MomoiroGirl »

YEEESSS!! THE SWEET, SWEET VENGEANCE OF BEATING THE SECOND MATCHMAKER INTERVIEW! SCREW YOU LADY! I'M THE BEST, AND YOU KNOW IT! STEALING ALL THE HEARTS, GETTIGN ALL THE LOOKS, BEING ALL THE SMARTS (wait, did that makes sense?), RAKING IN ALL THE SKILLPOINTS! SUCK IT, GRANDMA!

alylt
Regular

#179 Post by alylt »

Oh my gosh guys, I'm so sorry! For some reason I didn't get any emails the past month saying this thread has any new posts. And since I was so busy in our own forums with the beta stuff, I didn't even notice you guys had posted!

So to everyone who posted since I posted here last: I'M SO SORRY! And thank you so much for playing the game and taking the time to give feedback. Y'ALL ARE AWESOME. <3

In good news, (before I made myself sad by seeing how many awesome posts I had missed) I came to share the happy news that the full demo is ready! YAY!

Check out the updated links here: https://sevenkingdomsgame.wordpress.com/demo/

In the full demo you will find:
-The first three weeks of the game.
-Over 160,000 words of content.
-Six unique backgrounds.
-The ability to start 12 unique romances.
-Meet and befriend over 22 characters.
-77 possible achievements.
-A Fanart Gallery.
-11 unlockable short scenes written from the POV of the romanceable game characters.

While this is the full demo, it still contains many features that are not final. We anticipate the following might change before the final game:
-Backgrounds
-GUI (especially the preferences page/the save-load page/the relationship bars/and the bonus section)
-The Journal
-CGs (or rather the lack of them)

Loading saves from earlier versions of the demo may cause bugs. New games are recommended. (If you want to load old saves, try and load a save earlier than the end of any of the previous demos.)

Thanks to everyone for their help/advice/patience/encouragement and willingness to put up with me :) I've been learning a lot as I go along and I still have a lot left to learn, but you guys have really been the stuff that keeps me going through it all <3

Elmvine
Regular
itch: elmvine

#180 Post by Elmvine »

This game is going to kill me I swear. Partially scared to play the new demo, don't know if I can face the matchmaker again. ;A;
I think its amazing, that even just the demo has /so/ much replayability. I can't wait for the full thing to come out. Love these kind of games. xD I somehow get really invested into doing as well as I can?