Seven Kingdoms [GxB/G] [Fantasy, Politics, Rom] (Greenlit)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
alylt
Regular
Projects: Seven Kingdoms: The Princess Problem
Organization: Azalyne Studios
Tumblr: azalynestudios
Deviantart: alylt

Re: Seven Kingdoms [GxB/G][Fantasy, Rom, Politics] *Updated

#181 Post by alylt »

Replayability was one of my main goals, so yay!

And I'm glad you are enjoying it Elmvine! <3

And if you face the matchmaker again, you can make her eat her words and say good things about you. It's worth the risk! (or if you are really scared you can play on story mode where nothing super bad will happen no matter what :)

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#182 Post by philip »

@alylt-

I had downloaded the beta when it was released and did a bit of experimenting with it; chose the story mode to familiarize myself with the ins and outs of it. So when the latest demo was announced, I downloaded it immediately, and have gone through it quickly, twice.

My conclusion is that this is not a story to be taken lightly; it needs to be approached carefully and thoughtfully, and will not be satisfactorily completed in one sitting. I am totally captivated by it; everything about it, and I plan on spending many hours fully exploring the many, many choices. For the time being, I think I will stay in the story mode, until I am more familiar with the game, and then advance to the more difficult challenge approach.

This is one of the most awesome VN's that I have encountered, And I hope that I will have thoroughly explored the first three chapters to my satisfaction before the entire game is released. I am expecting to be firmly planted in front of my computer for hours of enjoyment, and I thank you for having done such a marvelous job!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

alylt
Regular

#183 Post by alylt »

Hi philip~

Thanks so much for playing and for the kind words, I super appreciate it :)

And figuring things out on story mode before you challenge yourself is totally a smart thing to do :) (Or at least less traumatic! For me anyway, when people tell me my game made them cry I feel terrible! haha)

Erikka
Regular

#184 Post by Erikka »

I'm downloading new demo!!!
Can't wait! This game is blowing my mind away!))))

alylt
Regular

#185 Post by alylt »

Hi Erikka :) I hope you enjoy the demo~

Some people from the beta have made some awesome super helpful guides for the full demo/week three stuff, if anyone is stuck/is interested.

The event hosting guide (with lots of info I didn't think anyone had found out yet: http://7kpp.tumblr.com/post/12117242139 ... atures-the

The beta team guide, with all the stuff they have figured out (super spoilery!): http://piratepad.net/Ml9IOBl0rE

And the gift giving guide for week three: http://kisari.tumblr.com/post/121070909 ... ving-guide

Erikka
Regular

#186 Post by Erikka »

The demo was incredible!! I can't wait to play full version of the game! I'm a huge fan of it :)
Jarrod surprised me a lot!) You never know what to expect from him. He can be pretty scary when things don't go his way but I love his passionate, impulsive and unpredictable character. Spoilt boy)
I wonder what will happen if you romance Jarrod and somebody else at the same time? Jarrod doesn't look like a person who likes to share his things :twisted:

Erikka
Regular

#187 Post by Erikka »

I remember you were telling that there is an amount of romanceable characters with significantly more content.
May I ask if Jarrod is one of them?

Another question: I did everything according to the guide from the link http://piratepad.net/Ml9IOBl0rE but I couldn't open a secret romance with Woodly. Any thoughts?

And is it only me who always(!) have insight failure at the cliff?)

Elmvine
Regular
itch: elmvine

#188 Post by Elmvine »

Ive finished the demo. But I had to pop in, because I just had the matchmaker's banquet and I pretty much aced everything that happened in that mess. I swear, I teared up by getting the matchmakers approval. I guess I didn't know it hurt me that bad. xD That and after befriending pretty much /everyone/ the long line of support against Blair was more than satisfactory. >________> That and all the hearts I'm breaking after this matchmaking announcement. :') Perhaps I should have pursued someone else... These regretful glances are getting to me.

Is the dialogue for Zarad different for his event now? Or have I just completely failed it. The first demo I unlocked a Lady of the Court, and in this one I was the scholar.

alylt
Regular

#189 Post by alylt »

Hi (again) Erikka :)

I'm glad you are enjoying the demo! As to your questions: You can only romance one person at a time after week three. (Otherwise it's just too complicated for me to track. That's why your choice at the end of the week is so important.) But Jarrod would not be okay with sharing you, that's true! Jarrod is one of the medium content routes. The big routes are the ones that are matchmaker approved (because it is more socially acceptable for the pair of you to spend time together).

Tips for Woodly: The guide is pretty accurate for when/where you find him and what to say. So if you are following it and not unlocking his confession, make sure you have at least 50 manipulation in character creation so you have it before his first conversation. Also the quality of your musicale matters too. You need to have a successful musicale to get the points.

Re: Insight. Sounds like you are not hitting enough of the insight options in conversation. The biggest tip is to make sure to go to the welcome feast early, each conversation there has an insight option. That is where you get the biggest boost to insight in the game.

Hi Elmvine!

Congrats! I'm glad you managed to prove her wrong and get her approval!

There are sections of dialogue that change depending on your background, but the base event should play similiarly no matter what. If you didn't get to the part where Zarad and you are stargazing, then you have failed the date. If you did and you just get a different story in the middle, that's because you have a different background :)

JinTonic
Regular

#190 Post by JinTonic »

Amazing demo :) I wonder how long it will take until full release of the game?
1. Maybe there is some walkthrough for Zarad? He is the most difficult for me.
I went stargazing with him and it seemed the date was successful, he appears during horse incident and later happen's a scene where my heroine asks Zarad about her sister and he responds that she's not happy with his brother(I chose shelter princess background). I couldn't invite him for a date and didn't get a gift from him. As a result he doesn't appear before my visit with matchmaker and the matchmaker doesn't announce us as a couple.
2. Any walkthrough or hints how to win ship race? My ship always comes second.
3. Is it possible for a shelter princess to make Zarad and Jarrod to fall in love with her?
4. After "you're my woman" talk of Jarrod I went to matchmaker and asked for political marriage. He became furious and promised to make my life horrible at the summit :lol: But I wonder: will it still be possible to change his rivalry and build some romance with him/marry him? Or from this moment on we are enemies forever?)
Is it true what matchmaker said? There's no way to save Jarrod? Just like my heroine I hoped I could make him a better person(at least a bit). :cry: But it seems the matchmaker knows everything and she said Jarrod is hopeless :(
6. Will there be some sexual scenes in the game? :twisted: :D
7. How can I increase my manipulation skill?

I'm sorry for so many questions :oops: I just love your game! I'm full of emotions after playing it.
Last edited by JinTonic on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Elmvine
Regular
itch: elmvine

#191 Post by Elmvine »

I haven't one the race yet, but this time round I manage to get Hamin on my team, so I'm fairly sure I'll win aha. Eliminate the competition by courting them. If anything a Hise background will probably help you.

Anyywho I think I may be glitching? The Your Page corner has pretty much disappeared from my current run. I opened and closed it like four times aha, still nothing. However, it does show if I start a new game now.

alylt
Regular

#192 Post by alylt »

JinTonic wrote:Amazing demo :) I wonder how long it will take until full release of the game?
1. Maybe there is some walkthrough for Zarad? He is the most difficult for me.
I went stargazing with him and it seemed the date was successful, he appears during horse incident and later happen's a scene where my heroine asks Zarad about her sister and he responds that she's not happy with his brother(I chose shelter princess background). I couldn't invite him for a date and didn't get a gift from him. As a result he doesn't appear before my visit with matchmaker and the matchmaker doesn't announce us as a couple.
2. Any walkthrough or hints how to win ship race? My ship always comes second.
3. Is it possible for a shelter princess to make Zarad and Jarrod to fall in love with her?
4. After "you're my woman" talk of Jarrod I went to matchmaker and asked for political marriage. He became furious and promised to make my life horrible at the summit :lol: But I wonder: will it still be possible to change his rivalry and build some romance with him/marry him? Or from this moment on we are enemies forever?)
Is it true what matchmaker said? There's no way to save Jarrod? Just like my heroine I hoped I could make him a better person(at least a bit). :cry: But it seems the matchmaker knows everything and she said Jarrod is hopeless :(
6. Will there be some sexual scenes in the game? :twisted: :D
7. How can I increase my manipulation skill?

I'm sorry for so many questions :oops: I just love your game! I'm full of emotions after playing it.
Hi JinTonic!

I'm glad you are enjoying the game <3

1. It sounds like you aren't getting enough romance with Zarad. Make sure you are saying the right things during his date (you can check his romance bar to see if it goes up) and are giving him the right present at the start of week three! All the Zarad romance guides I've seen are about how to get his invitation the first week, which it looks like you managed on your own.

2. Hints: who you invite on your team is really important. If you can't pass the skill checks yourself, make sure you have someone on your team who can.
My never loses team:
Hamin, Lyon, Penelope, Cordelia
3. Zarad yes, Jarrod no! (p.s. Sheltered Princess is the hardest background to play! I don't generally recommend it for the first playthrough :)

4. There are ways to make that conversation go differently, but once it has ended up that way, there's no going back. You are stuck on his
rivalry route
from then on.

5. That's the matchmakers opinion...how true it is yet to be seen.

6. Nope. (Not because I have anything against them, but because I don't think I would be able to successfully write them.)

7. The biggest way to increase manipulation is in character creation. There are three chances to up it there. After that, you can only increase manipulation through dialogue. Occasionally there will be a manipulative choice and taking it will increase your skill. (There's one in the very first conversation with Ana for instance.)

Hi Elmvine!

Yes, I've heard in week two that the Your Page button mysteriously disappears sometimes. And then comes back again fine as ever in week three. Why? I have no idea, the coding of it never changes. I've never been able to figure it out. You should still be able to find it outside of the choosing what to do pages (or at least that's what my betas said, I think)

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#193 Post by AntiquedFae »

Just dropping by to say that this game gets more and more fantastic with every update!~ I'm so looking forward to the final game.
As an aside, I've unlocked all of the main backgrounds by messing around with the game for hours (haven't played them as all of the ones aside from Jiyel just clash far too much with my super-smarty-pants-introvert-bookworm-girl nature) except for Skalt and Arland. I have been trying madly to get a Skalt background and can't figure it out. I'm starting to wonder: are both of these backgrounds even available in the Create a Character? I noticed there seems to be only one slot left in the achievements for a background, so now I'm suspicious. EDIT: Nevermind, I was foolish and didn't look at the backgrounds on the main website. -headdesk- I now know all of them. Honestly, there is something seriously wrong with me... Though now I have to wonder: why is there no Skalt background? I want to play as a semi-mad Northern Amazon-esque warrior woman. :lol:

Also, I perfectly unlocked Jasper's romance path completely by accident. I'm not sure what this says about me, other than I apparently have some serious inborn stoic butler wooing skills. I wasn't initially intending to pursue anyone romantically, but that might be worth exploring.
It should come as no surprise that Lyon and my character are the best of know-it-all buds. I was surprised that it seemed like the matchmaker supported a marriage with him, seeing as we were both from Jiyel. I didn't pursue that though so I'm unsure how it would have gone.

I really desperately want to uncover in-game who attempted to murder me now, especially now that I found out that I was only short 5 points of insight to get it figured out! Ahh!

Well, that ended up being significantly longer than just saying I loved the game. I can't help it with this game, honestly: it's just too awesome. I ramble every time.
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

alylt
Regular

#194 Post by alylt »

Hi AntiquedFae!

Thanks so much for playing and for stopping by~ I love hearing from you guys :) I'm super glad you are enjoying it.

Re: Skalt background- I go into the various reasons behind the lack of Skalt MC here: http://azalynestudios.tumblr.com/post/1 ... -questions

And two more fan-made guides of awesome went up on tumblr today:

The how to get lisle's final date guide: http://matsu-rinrin.tumblr.com/post/121 ... h-w-i-know

And the detailed ship race guide: http://7kpp.tumblr.com/post/12143517523 ... race-guide

(I love seeing you guys figure things out and help one another! It's so funfunfun for me :)

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#195 Post by AntiquedFae »

Thank you for the reasons on the lack of a Skalt background. That makes perfect sense, so I completely understand. :)

This means that I have unlocked all of the backgrounds, including the hidden ones now without the help of a walkthrough! Yay!

I'm afraid this may skirt into major spoilery territory, but I'm very curious how someone with the Jiyel background could succeed at the Witness History aspiration, considering it requires such a wide variety of skills, many of which are not exactly natural for the Jiyel MC(street smarts, for example). Yet the witness history aspiration seems to fit really well with something someone from Jiyel would go for. So I'm really curious about that now.

I'm currently thinking I may end up playing the genius bookish manipulative lady who never marries but tries to make decent friends with most of the people from different nations and collects as many secrets as possible. And failing that, lives in a corner of the Vail Isle Library as the world collapses into mad seven-way warfare.
And I figured out the assassination attempt. :D Woo! Such happiness!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.