Seven Kingdoms [GxB/G] [Fantasy, Politics, Rom] (Greenlit)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

Re: Seven Kingdoms [GxB/G][Fantasy, Rom, Politics] *Updated

#211 Post by Katta »

Well, it doesn't need to end good for MC or they may return to the prince's respective countries after some time, when their relationship is established, I don't mean MC's story should copy their mother's. Wars don't start in a moment so they'll have plenty of time (at least a month) to come back.

alylt
Regular
Projects: Seven Kingdoms: The Princess Problem
Organization: Azalyne Studios
Tumblr: azalynestudios
Deviantart: alylt

#212 Post by alylt »

For the endings then? I haven't made any final decisions on how those are going to play out yet :) So a trip to post-summit trip to Hise is definitely not out of the question~

DX Nine
Projects: No One's Nightmare

#213 Post by DX Nine »

Hmm.. this is interesting! I wonder how long the story will be.. considering how much the word are there.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to this games! Good Luck! :D

alylt
Regular

#214 Post by alylt »

Hi DX Nine~

Thank for the luck! I can always use some more :)

As for the story...it will be long! I'm not sure how long yet, but it will definitely be very long. Although a lot of it is in branches and different content for different backgrounds/personalities/choices. So it's not a linear length.

My best guess is somewhere between 200-300K words.

victorita9
Regular

#215 Post by victorita9 »

alylt wrote:Hi DX Nine~

My best guess is somewhere between 200-300K words.
200-300k words? That's so many words. Pinch me.

alylt
Regular

#216 Post by alylt »

It's already at 160Kish and I still have *a lot* to do before I'm done. This (game) week I'm murdering people and you are solving it *mwahahaha*

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#217 Post by AntiquedFae »

alylt wrote:It's already at 160Kish and I still have *a lot* to do before I'm done. This (game) week I'm murdering people and you are solving it *mwahahaha*
YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Period princess detective political intrigue game, yeeeeeeesssssss! -sobs of sheer joy- I love you, I love you, I love you, I love YOUR GAME! Squeeeeeee! My dreams are reeeeeaaaaal!

That is my highly intellectual contribution to this discussion.
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

alylt
Regular

#218 Post by alylt »

AntiquedFae wrote:
alylt wrote:It's already at 160Kish and I still have *a lot* to do before I'm done. This (game) week I'm murdering people and you are solving it *mwahahaha*
YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Period princess detective political intrigue game, yeeeeeeesssssss! -sobs of sheer joy- I love you, I love you, I love you, I love YOUR GAME! Squeeeeeee! My dreams are reeeeeaaaaal!

That is my highly intellectual contribution to this discussion.
Enthusiasm is always a welcome contribution to the discussion in my book :)

I've been meaning to add these links. I haven't figured out pintrest yet, but I started two boards for fan art. One with Original MCs and the other with the other characters. They are super cool so if you haven't seen any of the art on tumblr, you should check it out~

The MC's: https://www.pinterest.com/azalynestudio ... ll-of-her/

And general fanart: https://www.pinterest.com/azalynestudios/7kpp-fanart/

Yay, Happy July everyone!

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#219 Post by Anne »

alylt
Regular

#220 Post by alylt »

Hi Anne!

What an awesome picture! (And the Glitter made me laugh!) Thanks for sharing! <3

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#221 Post by Anne »

(there's a bigger version if you click it, noticed that you pinned the smaller version to the fanart board)

Koveras
Regular
Projects: The King's Dragon (TBA)

#222 Post by Koveras »

I am playing the demo and loving the story so far (currently in the third week as a Jiyel scholar)! ^^

I have been wondering about one aspect of the game's design, however: when you fail a skill check, you are informed which exactly skill it was, presumably so you can put it on your To Do list, but if you start the game with a 0 in one stat, you are pretty much stuck with watching it fail every time it comes up for the rest of the game. However, wouldn't you think that all those failures would rub off on her? People usually learn the most from their own failures and, while I am not a big fan of stat grinding (where you improve skills by using them), I always found the idea of rewarding player for failing skill checks intriguing. Especially in a choice-driven game, it makes the player choose between incomparables, namely, story objectives vs. stat improvement, and IMO makes sense in-story, as well: something like the Matchmaker's first interview should be about as educating to an MC capable of self-reflection as it is vicious to her emotional state.

Now, I am not saying it's a good idea, especially since I don't know what it'd do to the overall balance of the game, but I was wondering whether such game mechanic has been on the drawing board before and, if so, why it was rejected. :)
"Yo, Buddy, you still alive?"

MasterOfDisguise

#223 Post by MasterOfDisguise »

Just a quick note to the creator, alyIt:
I played the demo a while ago and I was immensely impressed. I offer my sincerest compliments :) I thought it was beautifully unique, exceptionally intelligent and refreshingly unpredictable;my favourite combination! I am often disappointed by the quality of writing in visual novels, especially if the artwork and the design is very attractive, but I'm SO happy to have found your work which compromises neither!
I am very much looking forward to the release of the full version. You have got yourself a fan!

Myra
Regular

#224 Post by Myra »

I have a question, and I apologize if it's been asked on the thread before (since I admit to not reading all 15 pages).

Do you plan to put this on Steam? I have a feeling even just the demo would get enough people to greenlight it - I certainly would be happy to!

I enjoy having as many games as possible all on the single client so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. (or be hopeful XD)

alylt
Regular

#225 Post by alylt »

Hi Koveras!

Thank you for playing the game and taking the time to post :) If I am understanding you right you are asking why failing a check doesn't boost that skill?

A couple reasons. The first being that the game is designed so you fail at stuff. (Yes, it tells you what you failed at, but that is so you can see the content related to passing in a different playthrough). It's basically impossible to pass everything (and even if you cheated so you could, you still wouldn't be able to do everything since there's simply too much for one character to complete in terms of time and routes) Also sometimes failing leads to more interesting outcomes (one of the fan favorite scenes requires completely failing to save yourself in week 2). So failing at stat checks is basically supposed to be representative of your character choices/flaws (which all characters are designed to have).

Generally the choices/social choices you make are going to end up being a lot more important in the long run than your stats. (Although sometimes your stats determine how well you do at a choice- like lying.)

The other is that there are other ways to get stat boosts. (Actually stat grinding is probably one of the worst ways you could use your time, in terms of stats too. Socializing is much better in the long run)

So hopefully that answers your question!

Hi MasterOfDisguise!

Thank you so much for playing and for this lovely note <3 I appreciate it!

Hi Myra!

Yes! All lot of the international fans have said that steam is the number one easiest way for them to get access to the game, so I'm definitely committed to trying to make that happen! The plan is to launch the kickstarter and the greenlight campaign together at the start of august.

Thank you so much for your help! It's going to take a lot of us to get it greenlit, so I appreciate all of the people who are willing to help make that happen so more people can have access!