Seven Kingdoms [GxB/G] [Fantasy, Politics, Rom] (Greenlit)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Koveras
Regular
Projects: The King's Dragon (TBA)

Re: Seven Kingdoms [GxB/G][Fantasy, Rom, Politics] *Updated

#226 Post by Koveras »

alylt, thanks for the reply. I understand the reasoning behind your design decisions better now. :)

[Knowledge: Game Design +5]
"Yo, Buddy, you still alive?"

Hotchpotch

#227 Post by Hotchpotch »

I've been enjoying this game so much, I still can't quite get over the fact it's only a demo yet and we're not even halfway in the set timeline!

What backgrounds did you unlock on your first playthrough? Which did you pick?

I think I had the pirate lady, the court lady and the scholar lady the first time around. Because I wanted to semi-play as myself, I decided to go with the scholar (I failed at my goal because this MC was way smarter and more charming than I could ever be, haha!) I kind of tumbled into the Lyon romance by accident and really enjoyed it, I loved poking at our dear Duke to get him to open up a little.

My favourite so far has probably been the sheltered princess, though. There was something really gratifying about taking a character who seems a bit more helpless at first glance and then just go out there and stun everyone with the help of charm and good manners. I am definitely taking her out for a couple more spins and trying out different paths. In my first playthrough with her she ended up with 145 points in etiquette, which still makes me laugh. Such overkill! Her likability was through the roof!

Did you have any success getting invitations your first try?

There were a couple, I think. Ana got to teach me a bit about self-defence. Emmett invited me, but either there was a bug or I derped and accidentally turned him down because the event never triggered (it did on all subsequent playthroughs so my guess is the derpy-thing). Jarrod wanted to have dinner but the scholar ran away in terror because seriously, Jarrod! Lisle invited me to go riding but he didn't appreciate that I hadn't spend enough time with his sister yet, haha! And Lyon invited me to go scour the libraries in an attempt to find him. I think that was it for the first playthrough, though I'm not sure.

How are the Challenges and the hosting events? Are you having any luck getting great success/perfect success? Or is it too hard? Has anyone been able to get a perfect success hosting a tea the first week?

The first time I kind of neglected the hosting events. Most I've done successfully by now and I'm currently hunting perfect score achievements (of all things, Girl's Night is the most illusive, darn it!) The first time with the race I got kinda close but Hamin kicked my butt! After that I've won a couple of times, and also let myself be recruited by Hamin and was not entirely useless during the race :lol:

What characters are you liking?

Oh boy. Which ones am I not liking? I am just going to spoiler-fy most of this bit because it just makes rambling so much easier and this game is kind of a minefield of secrets and intrigue and potential spoilers.
I think I have the toughest time connecting to the revaire nobles. Jarrod and Gisette are a fascinating pair, but Jarrod makes me uncomfortable and Gisette... well, she does, too. I haven't followed the romance path for Gisette yet so I'll keep an open mind, but I don't feel very comfortable playing unethical characters and those are the checks I'm failing with her! But she rarely declines coming to my events, so that's a score for cool in my book.

Jarrod is... Jarrod. I was actually very happy with the MM's response when you try to pursue a romance with him. That's exactly how I feel about the whole Jarrod-situation. Maybe he'll prove her and me wrong, though! He is kind of interesting, in the way that he really is this really mean-looking big barking dog but the right MC just has to snap her fingers and he quiets down immediately, haha! But my favourite situation with him right now is that I have a save-file with a Clarmont approved romance, where Jarrod got rejected right before the MM's final meeting. The tension was palpable! Revaire rivalry!

I am kind of holding off judgement on Clarmont until we get to know more. I do like him, but out of the MM-approved paths, I feel he's been keeping things closest to the vest (with the possible exception of Lisle, but he shares a MAJOR secret with you so I feel even he is more open at the end than Clarmont). We've already been getting some hints on what his deal might be and I am really excited about it and can't wait to see how the MC will involve herself with that if you chose to pursue Clarmont. Depending on what the rebel background entails and how their goals align (or not) that might end up being my favourite pairing. But that's getting ahead of myself!

Ana. Oh, Ana. My warrior, my heart. I did -not- expect to love her as much as I do. On the surface, there is so much that could potentially turn me off a character (non-standard speech patterns often annoy me, warrior-princess types sometimes lack depth, and sweeping declarations of affection give me sweaty hands) but you took all of these things and made it the best part of her! It's amazing, she is so amazing! Since they're my target gender, I usually check out the guys' paths before doing the ladies' side, but Ana was the intended LI of my second playthrough, that's how much she caught my eye!

Speaking of the ladies, Penelope is such a sweetheart. The sibling combo with Lisle only makes it better. I adored their route so much, there's something special and touching about siblings having a close relationship like this. It actually is kind of hard for me to talk about one of them without dragging the other one into it! (which is kind of appropriate considering ingame it's pretty much impossible to have one of them by yourself for more than five minutes). It has become pretty much impossible for me to neglect Penelope in my playthroughs. Doesn't matter what I'm doing, I always take a moment to visit her in the gazebo. And if I'm captaining, she is always welcome on my team (BECAUSE SHE'S THAT AWESOME and dammit Penelope have more faith in yourself you are so useful. As much as I love the sibling combo, I tend to not invite Lisle to join just so she can't give him the credit for her efforts if we win). I am really looking towards to developing an understanding with the siblings in Lisle's route. I kinda love the idea of a Sheltered Princess with him who just wants to get out of her current stuffy life and finds warmth with them that she hasn't experienced before.

But then again, I like Sheltered Princess with a LOT of the bachelors! I kinda want the dashing pirate to sweep her off her feet, too... :3 Oh, or have Jasper look over her and go all mama-bear on anyone trying to hurt her! Emmett re-connecting with his long-lost childhood friend! Zarad coaxing her sassy side out of her! Thank goodness for multiple playthroughs!

Urgh, speaking of Zarad, that man made me go through so much frustration before I finally managed to figure out how to get on his path (which is hilarious to me, considering the MC is supposed to be the one playing hard to get in the relationship). But it was so worth it! I rarely like the flirt-type characters, because quite often there's something invasive about them that makes me uncomfortable. But because Zarad is way more about the sassy banter rather than physical contact, that brings it back into happy territory. His star-watching conversations with the pirate!MC are priceless, a playthrough with them is on high priority because I want to see the horror and outrage of our respective countries when we're matched, ha!
Jasper, Lyon, Hamin, Emmett, Avalie and others, please don't +rivalry me for neglecting you, but I think this is quite enough rambling for one post. I'm starting to get seriously worried about character limits here!

*stares at wall of text*

I could say I'm sorry, but I'd be lying. Your game gives me feels, dayum.

alylt
Regular
Projects: Seven Kingdoms: The Princess Problem
Organization: Azalyne Studios
Tumblr: azalynestudios
Deviantart: alylt

#228 Post by alylt »

Hi Hotchpotch!

Thanks so much for playing and taking the time to write :) I really appreciate it! I'm glad you are enjoying the game~

Risachan

#229 Post by Risachan »

Hello (OwO)/

Well let's start~

Which is favorite backgrounds? Sheltered Princess and Court Lady( But actually I don't like politics><") Also even I'm a Court Lady my character always have a pale skin. =w="
Favorite characters? Jasper( He is like a big brother to me :3), Ria,Sayra, Jaslen,Anaele, Lisle, Penelope, Hamin( I love how funny and energetic he is X3), Cordelia, Zarad( I usually don't like characters like him but he is inetersting :D), Blain( I was sad when I find out that I can't get a romance relationship with him. I thought it could interestin QwQ But it's your story~), Emmett( He is like a sweet little brother to right now <3),Clarmont
Which charahcters I don't like? Gisette and Avalie( I don't mean they are bad writen or something, just...I don't think I could get along them ><)

Aaaah~ I really love this game! I can't wait to play the full version X3 My favorite route at the moment is the Sheltered princess character with Zarad. If that story would be in a real romance anime or manga I would love that!

Oh yeah~ I don't know if it's bad or something...But I give voices to some character in my head~ Of course japanese voice actors~

Jasper: Ono Daisuke
Anaele: Paku Romi
Lisle: Sakurai Takahiro or Kaji Yuuki
Hamin: Suzuki Tatsuhisa
Zarad: Suwabe Junichi
Blain: Fukuyama Jun
Emmett: Daisuke Hirakawa, Daisuke Namikawa, Tsubasa Yonaga, Hiro Shimono ( I can't really know which is the best X'3)
Jarrod: Tsuda Kenjirou

Oh and I'm from Hungary~

alylt
Regular

#230 Post by alylt »

Hi Risachan!

(It's really cool you are from Hungary! I don't think I've ever talked to someone from there before (at least not that they told me!) I love how many people from around the world I've gotten to meet since putting 7KPP out there.)

Thank you so much for playing and writing :) I'm really glad you are enjoying it!

Sheltered Princess is actually a lot of people's favorite background, which always surprises me, I never expected her to be so popular! (Same with the Pirate, I never expected her to be so popular either. Same with the Widow.)

To anyone waiting on kickstarter news, I am working on it! Hopefully it will be ready/out sometime in the next week *crosses fingers*

alylt
Regular

#231 Post by alylt »

And here's your kickstarter update!

It's happening! On Wednesday. When on Wednesday? Well that's up to you guys! For optimum fairness, we are holding a poll on what hour is the best for people. Details on that and the link to the kickstarter preview here:

http://azalynestudios.forumatic.com/vie ... =13&t=1203

Gosh you guys, I can't believe this is actually happening! Thank you all for all your help/advice/suggestions :)

I'll update again once the kickstarter is up for real~

alylt
Regular

#232 Post by alylt »

Hi everyone!

I'm actually almost an hour late posting this link because it's been so crazy, but here's the kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/32 ... ss-problem

Thanks for all your awesome support!

wittyblather

Re: Seven Kingdoms [GxB/G] NOW ON KICKSTARTER *Updated 8/5*

#233 Post by wittyblather »

Congratulations on the Kickstarter! I'm so excited for the full game. This is really an incredible VN you're developing. My friends and I all love it to bits.

underbliss
Regular
Projects: Ebon Light
Tumblr: underbliss
Deviantart: Ahnna

#234 Post by underbliss »

Oh my gosh! This got funded lightning fast!
That's awesome!
Congrats! I'm so excited to see the finished outcome of both the game and the kickstarter, and to the latter it looks like you're in for quite the ride!

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#235 Post by AntiquedFae »

O.O I knew your amazing game was popular, but I had no idea quite *how* popular...until now. So cool! I am crazy happy for you! ^_^
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#236 Post by KittyKatStar »

Congrats on the kickstarter! I enjoyed the demo and look forward to the release. Good luck =)

alylt
Regular

#237 Post by alylt »

Thank you guys! I still can't believe it!

alylt
Regular

Re: Seven Kingdoms [GxB/G] NOW ON GREENLIGHT (+KS)

#238 Post by alylt »

Hi gang, we are now up on Greenlight. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =497047527

Since getting on steam is something that has been requested a lot, especially from international fans who would otherwise have a difficult time accessing the game, we would really appreciate your help! Voting, comments and spreading the word would be super appreciated! THANK YOU <3

Additionally, our Kickstarter is still going strong. We just hit 15,000 and our the last of our second set of stretch goals. Check it out if you are interested:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/32 ... ss-problem

Thank you to everyone for your support! <3

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#239 Post by try10 »

I'm on my phone and I can't write much. Congratulation with the kickstarter! Played the demo and I couldn't get enough! This game has everything I ever wanted. I liked EVERYTHING and If I can also see a portrait of the MC, it will Be perfect! I never expected to wait for a game release so badly as I am right know. I wish You the best of luck with this gorgeous project. I'm sure it will Be very popular! ;)

Risachan

#240 Post by Risachan »

Hi again (OwO) /

I want to say Congratulation! ^^ It's really amazing~ Aaaaah~ I can't wait to play it >w<....But...If it's on Steam...I have to payfor it, didn't I?....I mean! Of course! There is sooooooo much work in this game...Just...peopelslike me....Can't buy this QwQ My parents (especially my father) don't allowe me to buy anything from the internet....So QwQ

*slap herself* Hey! * cough* So yeah^^ Forget about that part OwO""" So! Again ^^ Congratulation! ^^