Lynarsia-The Broken Song(Fantasy)(GxG)(Music)-Update 03/2/15

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Re: Lynarsia-The Broken Song(Fantasy)(GxG)(Music)-Update 03/

#16 Post by Fenrir34 »

Cube wrote:What do you think of the idea?
Another Ar Tonelico / Surge Concerto fan here! I'm really looking forward to this - I actually clicked it, because it's a GxG game.
The setting seems to be huge - don't let it get over your head :3

Do you like the characters?
Ace actually interests me, though. Noel sounds like the 'make love, not war'-type so far, but that's just the vibe I get from the description.

Is the art okay?
Hell yes! I mean, the sprites are lovely so far and the logo looks neat. Will there be epic backgrounds? Because I kinda expect epic fantasy/scifi-based backgrounds.

Any tips?
No so far.
I don't know any specifics of the 'main events' so far (where Hymnos might be added?), but I'm really looking forward to that part. This is hypothetical, but I always wanted to record a Hymnos-based song with a friend of mine (he's a composer and we've talked about it; he can compose, but not write the lyrics). Maybe there's a collaboration in the near future?
Hi, I'm really happy you're excited for this game =). So am I and my artist XD. But you're right. A lot has to go into this. I'm not currently looking for a BG artist and that's going to be very difficult =(.

And Noel does isn't that type in truth XD. She may seem so but she's actually someone who can use a sword. And I have a feeling many will like Ace, or I hope they will.

And thank you so much ^^. My artist worked really had on the sprites and she designed everything for them. She's currently going to do a poster and then more outfits for the cosmosphere. And yes, just posted a thread in the free section. If I don't find one soon, I'm going to do a kickstarter to try and raise money. If that's doesn't work well....I'll think of something XD.

And yes! I will need that for the future. Hymnos are hard but I do want them for the game. Once the art is more done I'll begin to recruit for it =)

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#17 Post by Rinima »

I noticed you don't have a musician.

Mind if I quickly recommend someone if your open to paying for music?

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 39#p315339 I happen to know that's he's realllllly into Ar Tonelico ;)
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Caeoltoiri
Projects: Treuen Brann ~ Faithful Fire
Organization: Autumn Fox
Tumblr: caeoltoiri
Deviantart: A-thenaeum

#18 Post by Caeoltoiri »

What do you think of the idea?
I think it's a pretty good idea! I've never played Ar Tonelico, nor really heard of it; but from what I've read of your synopsis, An-Lynarsia appears to be quite an interesting game. And, heh-- that it's a G x G VN just endears it to me all the more, haha. I like what you've got going on, here! It seems to be a really big project, though- one that appears to be more on the long-term side of things. Try not to stress yourself out too much with the scope of it, alright?

Yeah, the characters are all different in terms of personality and design, which is really cool. I like that they're not all completely cut from stereotypes, and have their own little stories to tell regarding their backgrounds and goals.

Is the art okay?
I love the art! It's so cute, and the soft color palette is different. Though the characters look kind of flat, I think it's a good style you seem to have going on for your game. :)

Any tips?
Hm.. I can agree with some of the other posters, in that adding a friendship route would probably get you more interest in your VN. While I'm preferential towards yuri, other people aren't, so having the possibility of either romance or a closer friendship with one or more people would be really nice. :'D

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Fenrir34 »

Rinima wrote:I noticed you don't have a musician.

Mind if I quickly recommend someone if your open to paying for music?

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 39#p315339 I happen to know that's he's realllllly into Ar Tonelico ;)

Thank you so much Rinima! I've been looking for a musician for a while now ;_;. Once I can get some cash hopefully I can hire him :mrgreen: .

Ps- so sorry for the late reply DX.
Last edited by Fenrir34 on Tue May 26, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by Fenrir34 »

Caeoltoiri wrote:What do you think of the idea?
I think it's a pretty good idea! I've never played Ar Tonelico, nor really heard of it; but from what I've read of your synopsis, An-Lynarsia appears to be quite an interesting game. And, heh-- that it's a G x G VN just endears it to me all the more, haha. I like what you've got going on, here! It seems to be a really big project, though- one that appears to be more on the long-term side of things. Try not to stress yourself out too much with the scope of it, alright?

Yeah, the characters are all different in terms of personality and design, which is really cool. I like that they're not all completely cut from stereotypes, and have their own little stories to tell regarding their backgrounds and goals.

Is the art okay?
I love the art! It's so cute, and the soft color palette is different. Though the characters look kind of flat, I think it's a good style you seem to have going on for your game. :)

Any tips?
Hm.. I can agree with some of the other posters, in that adding a friendship route would probably get you more interest in your VN. While I'm preferential towards yuri, other people aren't, so having the possibility of either romance or a closer friendship with one or more people would be really nice. :'D

Thank you so much Caeoltoiri for your encouraging words! If you ever get the chance though you should play the game =). It's very fun. And yes this is a big project. In fact I'm likely going to have to do a Kickstarter soon. But it's still coming along. In order not to get too stressed with it, I'm doing a much shorter yaoi game. It's always good to have something else to do =).

And thank you ^^. Characters for me can be difficult, but I want to make sure I created them interestingly and with variety.

My artist has been working really hard. She very dependable and fun to work with =). I love her style as well and feel like it's just right for the story to.

And I will likely do that =). With who though....well I'm not too sure XD. Maybe Yurena or Mar.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Fenrir34 »

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates ;_;. This past month and a half has been a little rough for me and my artist has been busy with school. I will say we're still with this, but things are just going slow. I'm hoping in the next three weeks I can get the prologue done before I start summer classes. Anyway as an apology gift here is a cute picture of Yurena =).

Seigetsu
Regular
Deviantart: suien

#22 Post by Seigetsu »

That picture is really cute! I'm really liking the art. Is the prologue going to be released as a demo? Or perhaps as a video that we can watch to get a better idea of what your game is going to be like?