(dropped)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ColaCat
Veteran

Re: Fatal Crescendo [KN] [Comedy/Modern Fantasy]

#31 Post by ColaCat »

^o^

I'm certainly excited. It's so great to see this project turning into something much bigger! Yay, now I won't have to want more story!

Noyemi K
Regular
Completed: Pimiko Plus
Projects: Pairs, Monochrome Blues
Organization: Delmunsoft
Deviantart: NoyemiK
Github: NoyemiK
Soundcloud: mishkahd

#32 Post by Noyemi K »

I haven't done heavy orchestral stuff in a while, but the libs I have for it cost a pretty penny so it'll be good to put it to use for once :razz:

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#33 Post by Haze »

The new main character sprites look nice! Viktor's description made me chuckle. I have a question, though: Viktor's full reference sprite is taking up about 700 pixels of space: how is anyone else going to fit on the screen? If you game is 800x600, only one other person might barely be able to fit, and at, say, 1280x720, two others could fit, but considering how many characters there are, how is this going to work...?

I like the idea of the free talk system and the status update system; both of them look like nice ways to learn more about the characters without adding a large chunk of main story to your game.
Ian wrote:Sadly my top priority has to be making money until August, so this may be on hiatus for quite some time... but rest assured I keep thinking about the game a lot, and I think in the end it'll be more than just a plain kinetic novel after all!
While it's a bit sad to hear this may be on hiatus, it's important to think of your real life situation first. I hope you're able to make enough money, and until then, we'll be patiently waiting for you. :D
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

LIZM
Regular

Re: Fatal Crescendo [Comedy/Modern Fantasy]

#34 Post by LIZM »

(Info removed due to project being dropped, sorry!)
Last edited by LIZM on Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dizzydude
Regular
Projects: 「To Be Announced」

#35 Post by Dizzydude »

Jesus, this made a ton of progress very quickly. I wonder how long it'll take for the finished product to come out, haha.

FrostkingDemetri
Regular
Tumblr: fkdemetri
Deviantart: fkdemetri

#36 Post by FrostkingDemetri »

This looks gosh dang cute .w. Love the character art and the idea of the game~

Noyemi K
Regular

#37 Post by Noyemi K »

I've uploaded enough tracks of the OST to make a nice preview playlist. It doesn't have all the stuff I've done so far but it has enough to give you an idea of what the game's sound's gonna be like (hopefully!) :wink:
Music composer for:
Innate Imperfections [NaNoRenO 2015] | Blind Griffin [NaNoRenO 2015] | Locked Souls

Please consider hiring me to work on your game.

LIZM
Regular

#38 Post by LIZM »

ColaCat
Veteran

#39 Post by ColaCat »

It looks great! I think I might play it if it was released like that. It all depends on how much it adds to the story, and how much I want to know the extra info. I think, judging by what you've got, people would probably download both! ^^

LIZM
Regular

#40 Post by LIZM »

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#41 Post by Haze »

Wow, this looks really nice so far! I like the textbox a lot! The sprites look so dynamic too(I love the one with Viktor using a phone to purchase something!)... I guess what I'm trying to say is that this looks great so far!

As for your devblog, I think it looks fine. Although maybe, instead of writing "Continued script" for the writing update, you could write how many words you've written in total(Ex: "Continued script. 16,000 words."), and do the same thing for the number of sprite expressions, sprite poses, CGs, etc. Also, since you mentioned WIPs, I would love to see sprite and CG WIPs on this thread if you want to post them.

Also, thanks for the clarification about the references. I know it was some time ago, but thank you!
Ian wrote:I'm focusing on the main story for now and may or may not release a basic kinetic novel first, followed by an updated version some other time, although I wonder if the features would be enough to make people re-read it. (Thinking of side stories, new game+ content, additional art, collectible cards with different character artworks, and so on.)
Yes, I would probably replay. And I think releasing the "basic" version of the story first and then updating later is probably the best idea-- getting your game finished is more important than including every feature you want. It's about minimal viable product(I know this isn't your first game, but this is still a helpful video).
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#42 Post by Rinima »

*whistles* This is looking pretty snazzy~ The sprites look awesome and blend quite well with the BG's (did you draw them or find them online?)
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

ColaCat
Veteran

#43 Post by ColaCat »

Well I think that's a good plan to aim for! I certainly can't wait for the demo. ^o^

I agree with Rinima; the BGs do blend really well with the sprites. As for the update log, I really liked the one where you showed the art creation. ^_^

Noyemi K
Regular

#44 Post by Noyemi K »

My work for this month is close to 50% done, I can't wait to get back on that huge work order! Hahaha :lol:
Music composer for:
Innate Imperfections [NaNoRenO 2015] | Blind Griffin [NaNoRenO 2015] | Locked Souls

Please consider hiring me to work on your game.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#45 Post by Akitsuki »

EEEEEEEEEEE this looks hella cute!! And the characters are so interesting! I can't wait to find out more about it! Good luck!