Robotic Tears[Post-Apocalyptic Cyberpunk Survival][GxG][GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
techkraus
Projects: Robotic Tears, OS_Troubles.exe
Organization: Dev7.moe
Tumblr: dev7moe
Soundcloud: Techkraus

Robotic Tears[Post-Apocalyptic Cyberpunk Survival][GxG][GxB]

#1 Post by techkraus »

My first major project, I'm mainly a programmer so my writing might not be the best it could be at the moment.
More updates to come in the future!
devblog / website
This is a Post-Apocalyptic Cyberpunk Survival RPG with some ~Romance

The year is 2077 and most of the surface world has become devoid of all human life and little animal or plant life. After the great rampage of the sentient AI -MARS- 20 years prior, humans were forced to escape underground into various mine shafts and bunkers to escape the biological warfare waging above them. With the air becoming more forgiving to the human body 20 years later a young girl escapes from the darkness of the underground with her only salvation, a relic of the past. Adventure forth onto the plains of south-western Pennsylvania where Erika and Janus must fight for their futures in a troubling future.

Erika
The girl who dared reach for the light above known as The Ashamed, The Disgraced, The Kraut, The Unwanted. Erika was taken down inside the Cumberland Mine as soon as the first alarms were raised for humanity's doom. She was only 7 years old when taken down into the "darkness" as she tends to refer to her home in the mine shaft, her father was one of the first workers on the mine expansion project which would allow more room for the residents to move around in for future years. After a terrible accident where a new section of the mine kills her father, Erika's mother goes into a state of despair turning into the mine shaft's whore. Two years later at the age of 9, Erika's mother dies to starvation due to giving up whatever food she had to Erika. Erika was taken in by the last android of the "old times", Janus, who taught her much of human history and survival which gave Erika hope for a better future.

Janus
The android stained by humanity's hatred, -MARS-'s surviving sister and daughter of -Columbia- who raised Erika after her mother died of starvation. The last sentient AI who survived the rampage of her sister -MARS-, Janus is the only AI to possess a (somewhat) living body other than her late mother -Columbia- the first sentient AI. Janus escaped the coming doom not by the mine shaft but due to her body, having lungs that could generate enough air to keep her human heart alive but not allowing the toxic air kill her she lived on the surface for some time. After coming upon the entrance to the Cumberland Mine she descended into the darkness where she met some of the last living humans. Now she joins Erika on her journey to retake the surface and search for a better life.

baabaa

Re: Robotic Tears[Post-Apocalyptic Cyberpunk Survival][GxG][

#2 Post by baabaa »

Although I was ever so slightly confused, the whole premise sounds interesting. I'm excited to see more progress. I'll be keeping an eye on this.
☆ the co-director & writer for blood calls (wip). ☆

DarkSin
Regular
Completed: Rituals in the Dark (GxG), Sweetest Monster (BxG), My Magical Divorce Bureau!!
Projects: Innate Imperfections (GxG)
Organization: SinSystem
itch: darksin

#3 Post by DarkSin »

The setting sounds very interesting. I'll be looking forward to seeing more of this project :)
Last edited by DarkSin on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

techkraus

#4 Post by techkraus »

@baabaa: Probably not the best when I attempt to write everything out at around 2:30AM lol. I'll flush everything out once I get better sleep.

@DarkSin: I'm glad you like the setting, hopefully I'll be able to expand upon everything once the game comes together some more!

New concept for Erika!

baabaa

#5 Post by baabaa »

oooh Erika looks good! Is the art going to look like that or will it be more anime-esque? (there's probably another term I could use but as of right now I am blank). If so, I really like it. I think it looks pretty unique and seems fitting from what I've read.
☆ the co-director & writer for blood calls (wip). ☆

wererat42
Regular

#6 Post by wererat42 »

So the AI are technically computer brains in human bodies?

techkraus

#7 Post by techkraus »

@baabaa: Thanks! Art will look probably look a little more anime-esque once everything gets worked out more and if I ever find an artist to jump on this project with me haha

@wererat: The AI have three different types within the game's universe;

1. Hivemind, almost all AIs in the world are children of the first sentient AI -Columbia- and are known as -Avatars-. Each one has complete knowledge of a single topic in order to keep humanity from using them for war and such. All -Avatars- that were still connected to the hivemind when -MARS- took over were killed, there are not many that could escape into a humanoid body.

2. Android, Janus falls under this category with her humanoid body type and the few augmented human organs she has. Androids have a synthetic human heart and half of a human brain in which each work in tandem with one another. These beings are Uber-intelligent with knowledge of human history and understanding, though their major knowledge is all concentrated within a single topic. As to why they only understand the complete knowledge of a single topic will be explained in the prologue.

3. Hakr, This is simply when a -Avatar- breaks off from the hivemind and begins to collect whatever information it can from the world networking system. If it collects enough information it can easily become like its mother -Columbia- who contained all known knowledge that humans possessed before her death.

techkraus

#8 Post by techkraus »

New Erika concept art

techkraus

#9 Post by techkraus »

Dev blog/website

First ALPHA release of Robotic_Tears is out on the gamejolt page!
Super early release of this game thus its called Alpha01.
Had much more built but had to simplify it due to performance issues.

What you will find in version Alpha01:

*Prologue
*Working inventory system
*introduction to locations
*First “mission” preview
*Weapon preview
*Erika art (concept)

What is missing:

*Working minimap (almost complete)
*Janus art (still in works)
*All locations
*Possible psyche meter (still in works)
*Refined script

**Please note that this is the very first release of this game thus the writing might come off as unrefined… because its unrefined.

I hope that anyone who plays this will enjoy it and please let me know what you think!
Thanks,
TK
Dev7.moe