Purrfectly Ever After [Otome | Commercial | Kickstarter]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Fujihime
Regular
Projects: Purrfectly Ever After
Tumblr: purrfectlyeverafter

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [Otome | Commercial | Kickstarter]

#76 Post by Fujihime »

LolAya wrote:Oh man, was just browsing through Steam Greenlight when I saw this, and was immediately interested.
A cat who becomes a human girl and romances 5 (possibly 6) men? Pretty sure this idea has been around for quite a while now, but this is the first time I've seen it manifested in otome game form, so of course I was intrigued from the beginning.
The artwork is amazingly beautiful and so are the character designs, and I'm feeling torn between them already (Yoshino and Kofuji, to be specific, and damn they are literally opposites of each other, appearance-wise anyway XD *hhhnnngg possible tsundere and seemingly stoic officer, wait for me, I'm coming to love you*)
I'm not a big mobile gamer, so I'd very much prefer it on PC (the reason why I voted for it on Greenlight)
Also, if this were to release on mobile in episodic form with $3.99 for each character route, I'd say it's very reasonable and quite cheap compared to some mobile otome games out there, to be honest (not that it's a bad thing!). Many otome games with so-so art style and story are released in that price, and they're not even voiced.
If it was possible to share this with my friends I would've shared it in an instant, too bad I don't have any friends who are interested in otome games as I am ;_;
I'll see if I can share this with some people on a reverse harem fan group on Facebook so you guys can get more support and recognition that you guys definitely deserve!

Edit: I forgot to mention, but holy cow, Japanese voices!
Haha, thank you so much for your kind words! *BLUSH*
We are working hard to achieve top notch quality for all our otome gamers!
Cuz we are otome gamers too ufufufufufu~
Lets hope we hit the Kickstarter goal as well as Greenlit soon!
An otome game about a burglar cat who wish to become human to earn an honest living.
Kickstarter | Steam Greenlight | Tumblr

Folding_Hearts

#77 Post by Folding_Hearts »

Wow! This sounds amazing! I'll do my part to try to see this get funded and gets the greenlight, so I hope it works out!!! Good luck!

Everyone sounds interesting and I love the art. USD$3.99 per route is totally affordable, and I usually play PC/Windows.

Fujihime
Regular

#78 Post by Fujihime »

Folding_Hearts wrote:Wow! This sounds amazing! I'll do my part to try to see this get funded and gets the greenlight, so I hope it works out!!! Good luck!

Everyone sounds interesting and I love the art. USD$3.99 per route is totally affordable, and I usually play PC/Windows.
Thank you so much Folding_Hearts for your support!!
We have open up the game for desktop players too which we previously only limit to mobile :)
An otome game about a burglar cat who wish to become human to earn an honest living.

Fujihime
Regular

#79 Post by Fujihime »

KS Update: Kickstarter & Steam Update + Interview with Sirius

Happy Sunday peeps!

Let us begin with numbers. We are now 63% funded with over AUD$6k worth of pledges!! And we have exactly 2 more weeks to go! Although we have been getting pledges steadily, we are not sure if we could meet the goal at the end of it because pledges has not been coming in fast enough. Please take a look at this Kicktraq chart below:

So we urge everyone, please help us to continue spreading the news to your fellow otome/visual novel gamers or anyone who is interested to see this game come to live! You can also help by voting for us on Steam Greenlight and also lend us your social media voice on Thunderclap. The Thunderclap system will not work if we do not hit 100 registered social media accounts. It doesn't matter if you are active or not, just register so that we can hit the target. For Steam, we are at 76% towards the Top 100 but let's try to boost it up faster!

Ok, now let's move on to the more exciting part of the update, an interview with Sirius! Let's see what he has to say...

*Note: Some sentences are restructure in Japanese for a better flow.

Check out this link for the audio files.
Somehow I couldn’t upload multiple audio files here.

Interview with Sirius

Interviewer: What type of a doctor are you?
インタビュア: シリウスさんはどんな医者ですか?
Sirius: The sort who heals people? Duh.
シリウス: 普通に人間の医者だが?他に何があると言うのだ

Interviewer: What do you like to do on your off days?
インタビュア: 休日は何をして過ごしていますか?
Sirius: Off days? What off days?
シリウス: 休日?何の事かさっぱりわからないな

Interviewer: You mean you don’t get any days off?
インタビュア: 休日がないのですか?
Sirius: If there’s an emergency, it’s not unusual for me to get up at 3am after going to sleep. That’s the life of a doctor.
シリウス: 緊急患者がいれば夜中に寝始めた後午前三時に起きるのも異常ではないからな

Interviewer: How would you describe yourself?
インタビュア: 自分自身をどう思いますか?
Sirius: An irresistibly handsome, sarcastic sociopath.
シリウス: 超が付く程のイケメン、近寄りがたい人、かな

Interview: That sounds complicated ...
インタビュア: なんか....複雑ですね
Sirius: Isn’t everything?
シリウス: この世の全てそうだがな

Interviewer: *shrug* Do you have a particular type of girl that you like?
インタビュア: そうかもしれませんね。では次はどんな女性がタイプですか?
Sirius: I like bony girls, with pale skin and deep set eyes, similar to her there, Ms. S. Just joking! Hahaha! Really. Although I look at my skeleton companion everyday doesn’t mean I have a crush on her. No, seriously.
シリウス: 細く、色白で、奥深い目...そう、そこにいる骸骨の様に....くくっ、冗談ですよ。毎日標本の骸骨を見ているからって惚れているわけじゃあるまい。いや、本当に

Interviewer: O…K … Among the other guys, who do you get along with?
インタビュア: は、はぁ....では男性の方では何方と親しいですか?
Sirius: Yoshino, we’re from the same neighborhood and I basically watched him grow up.
シリウス: ヨシノかな、近所に住んでいて結構面倒見てたからさ

Interviewer: Talking about the bath house, rumour has it that there’s a girl that you like from there-
インタビュア: 銭湯といえばシリウスさんが興味を持ってる女の子がい....
Sirius: (uneasy) Skip please.
シリウス: (即答)次の質問どうぞ

Interviewer: Would you consider yourself a compassionate person?
インタビュア: 自身を情熱的な人だと思いますか?
Sirius: That is a difficult question. Pass.
シリウス: 難しい質問だな、次

Interviewer: If you’re alone on a deserted island, what are the 3 things that you’d bring with you?
インタビュア: もし無人島に一人で行くとしたら三つ持っていく物は?
Sirius: My brains, a book and definitely not you. What is with these weird questions ...
シリウス: この俺の脳、本...お前は絶対に持っていこうとも思わないな、こんなバカみたいな質問を聞いたところ無能としか思えないな

Interviewer: T-Thank you for your time … And next week we’ll have Cassian with us, so until then!
インタビュア:お、お時間ありがとうございました....来週のインタビューはカシアンさんです!ではまた!

That's all the time we have in this update! See ya and have a nice weekend!

Vote@Steam Greenlight: bit.ly/1fY3VK3
Thunderclap: thndr.it/1GAKg9p
Tumblr: purrfectlyeverafter.tumblr.com
Twitter: twitter.com/_Weeev_

Fujihime
Regular

#80 Post by Fujihime »

Campaign Health + New Expressions + Sekai Project

TGIF everyone!
How are you doing today?

Campaign Health
We are going to cover quite a bit in this update so again, let's start with numbers. We are left with 9 days in the calendar for this campaign and we have reached 74% of our goal with AUD$7,255 funded, which is a whopping 11% growth just from 5 days ago! Woohoo!

This remaining 9 days can do wonders, especially with the funny way of how Kickstarter works. We have seen many projects surge at the last few days but let's not wait, we want to see some stretch goals yea? We continue to urge everyone to keep on reblogging reviews/updates, retweeting, tell your friends, bug your family to make pledges etc. It doesn't have to be a big contribution, just a dollar pledge will drive us 1 step nearer to the goal. Not just that, the more backers we have, the better the visibility of the game in the first rows of Kickstarter's search. To date, referrers via Kickstarter who pledge Purrfectly Ever After is a mere 16%. Most of you found us from external links like tumblr, twitter, Steam etc. Let's continue to push ourselves up!

If anyone is still unconvinced about the project, check out the extensive list of reviews and PR releases here. Watch out for our interview with Fuwanovel later this week! And below are a few new ones, hot off the oven!
http://blog.fuwanovel.net/2015/07/purrf ... ckstarter/
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/purrfectly ... 9700-goal/
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/ ... sp?c=66504
https://aheadofthenight.wordpress.com/2 ... mo-review/
http://hayurika.tumblr.com/post/1240128 ... emo-review

As usual, please help us to upvote the game on Steam Greenlight if you haven't already. We are extremely near the Top 100 and we can almost see the infamous green light shining through the gaps! And do lend us your social media voice in Thunderclap. How Thunderclap works is, it will send out a signal via your social media to announce the last hours to pledge for Purrfectly Ever After. We currently have 32 registered medias. We need 100 to enable the function.

New Expressions
Ok, on to more exciting news! We have some artwork updates! Woot! We did mention that we are gonna do up some expressions right? Here they are!
Samples of new expressions, character profiles are also updated on the main page

They were prepared much earlier but we wanted to show only when they are more polished. They are more coming up, which we will reveal after the campaign through KS updates and Tumblr. Our iOS TestFlight demo will close in 4 days due to Apple's limitation. We are contemplating to reupload the same demo which would confuse current registrars as it will still be the same demo. We have also updated the stretch goals chart on the main page, just to let you guys see what's on the wish list.

Sekai Project
And lastly, we are partnering up with a well known VN publisher, Sekai Project! What does this mean? Will there be changes? Relax... They are here to handle our distribution on Steam. There will be no changes in pricing, route release etc. They are here to help us to market the game to the right crowd. And now, they are also helping us to reach out to more interested parties through their immense social database. A very big thank you to the team!

We will be posting more frequent updates till the end of the campaign, stay tuned!

Pledge@Kickstarter: kck.st/1H5IYst

ColaCat
Veteran

#81 Post by ColaCat »

Wow, they look great! And good luck on the Kickstarter and Steam! ^o^

Fujihime
Regular

#82 Post by Fujihime »

ColaCat wrote:Wow, they look great! And good luck on the Kickstarter and Steam! ^o^
Thanks! We have hit the first stretch goal, now nearing to the 2nd one!

Fujihime
Regular

#83 Post by Fujihime »

KS Update: We are 100% funded!!! + Stretch Goals

Words cannot contain our excitement now that we have reached 100% (now 107%!) of the funding goal!

Not just that, we also manage to sneak into Greenlight Top #100 (now #99!)!

We are sorry that you guys have been getting updates so frequently from us. But you have heard this from us all the time but we need to say this again. First and foremost, a big thank you everyone (all 183 of you!) for making this happen. Thank you backers for believing in us and offer us your hard earned moolah to support the game. We hope to bring the best that we could in this first game from Weeev.

We would also like to thank our small but tight team for supporting us all the way. They are Mei, Badriel, Jake, Sendo, Teza, Ashmoon, Shuh Fei, Chasing Summers, Hiro, 横割れスプーン, 山原水鶏, 冬沙悠, ひげ太郎, 神崎智也, あきら. This is just the first stage. From now on, we have to work much harder!

Special thanks to these amazing people that helped us bring to where we are. To Darren who did the PR for us, he's THE man to look for if you wanna market your VNs. To Sekai Project for partnering with us and drive traffic to our campaign. To Tim of indiegames.com for your constant push and advices. To Tay of Fuwanovels for the continuous media support. And all the followers, reviewers and media outlets that took the time to reblog/write about our little game. Thank you all for believing in us and Purrfectly Ever After!

But wait! What about stretch goals?
Everybody love stretch goals. It's the extra stuff that we get to produce and you get to enjoy (without extra charges!) if we hit a certain milestone. Here they are:

So let's continue the journey and let's hit some of these milestones in the next 7 days! (we will add more if we manage to hit these!)

Fujihime
Regular

#84 Post by Fujihime »

1st Stretch Goal Reached! + New Tiers + Greenlight Status

WOOHOO~!!!!

You did it guys!! We made it to our 1st ever stretch goal! And Bucky is unleashed!! He's all jumpy and super happy now! He was being super whiny the whole time for not being in the main cast hahaha!

Are you ready for the new stretch goal add on?
With every stretch goal hit, we will release a new goal. At AUD16k, you will get 6 all new side stories WITH additional event CGs! There's still 5 days to go! Let's aim for it! Check out the stretch goal chart below:

New Bucky Tiers
And with Bucky's goal released, we also have 2 new tiers open, for designing his character art or writing his story, both at AUD$300 each. You will, of course, be receiving the goodies from the Wine tier as well.

Greenlight Status
We wish that we could tell you that we are Greenlit too but this is not the case. However, we are pleased to inform that we are now ranked at #66 of Greenlight's Top 100 games and *SHOULD* be noticed by Steam soon. So let's cross our fingers yet again that they will release the green monster soon.

That's all folks! Next update will be exciting!

ColaCat
Veteran

#85 Post by ColaCat »

^o^ Congratulations! I hope this gets Greenlit soon.

Fujihime
Regular

#86 Post by Fujihime »

Pastel Design + 48 Hours Wonder + Q&A for Weeev

Pastel Design
We are sure you guys have been waiting for this. We wanted to show this to you for the longest time but save the best for last right? Here, we present Pastel’s transformation CG. This CG is suppose to be the last scene in the prologue where she transformed into a human after her wish was granted. How do you like her design?

48 Hours Wonder
With 48 hours left to go, we still have a couple of stretch goals to aim for. Anything we get above the final stretch goal will go towards further enhancing the game, paying Weeev’s wages and also initial funding for our next project. Although it’s still in the preliminary stage, we are cooking up something and will announce after the first route of Purrfectly Ever After is released. If you like our first game, we hope you will continue to support us to be a full time indie gaming company!

Q&A for Weeev

We have been doing a few interviews which you can check out at these links. If you wish to know more about us, feel free to ask and we will address them in our next update.
http://blog.fuwanovel.net/2015/07/inter ... ver-after/
http://indiegames.com/2015/07/purrfectl ... after.html

Shout Out

[ Removed - Kickstarters for games w/o demos, and one wasn't even arguably story-based. Also, simply advertising other games isn't on-topic for a WiP thread. - PyTom ]

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#87 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Omg I'm so excited for this game and every penny spent on this will be worth it when it comes out. Congrats and I can't wait for its release :)
ImageImage

riiko08
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko

#88 Post by riiko08 »

OMG! This game is so Purrfect! //slapped
But seriously! I'm so excited for this one! I'm very picky with otome games, but this one has immediately caught my attention. Not only does the art look nice, but the story is also very interesting.
I hope you don't mind, but I want to know who the artist is so I can stalk him/her XD

All the characters are equally interesting so I'm not sure who I like the most XD

When I have the money, I'll definitely fund this! (I badly want the artbook!)

Goodluck on your game!

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

#89 Post by JBShields »

Anyone know the game's current status? I know they released a demo.

Doomzilla
Regular
Tumblr: punchysporkk

#90 Post by Doomzilla »

According to their tumblr a few weeks ago, they shipped out all the physical rewards from their kickstarter and then moved to Japan. They're getting settled and then back to work.

http://purrfectlyeverafter.tumblr.com/